Fan-Made Kaiju Redesign Thread

A place for users to show off their creativity in the forms of art, music, movies or games.
Gigantis
Sazer

Re: Best and Worse Kaiju Redesigns

Post by Gigantis »

^ Good lord it looks like a deformed Tsudoteryx (or whatever name it was called) bat from the 2005 King Kong

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/BbGAD
I'm liking this design, the tail does feel a tad too long for me personally, but i like the spiked club at the end. The split in the torso is interesting, and i like the texture of the skin, overall I like this design and wouldn't mind seeing it in a comic or even a future anime series.
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

UltimateDitto wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:48 am Image
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/BbGAD
I'm liking this design, the tail does feel a tad too long for me personally, but i like the spiked club at the end. The split in the torso is interesting, and i like the texture of the skin, overall I like this design and wouldn't mind seeing it in a comic or even a future anime series.
My only real problem is the giraffe neck, but other than at, pretty well done!

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

ArtMaker
Interpol Agent

Post by ArtMaker »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:01 am
merio wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:30 pm Speaking of Varan, here is a Legendary take on him: []https://i.pinimg.com/originals/49/85/69 ... 6fd846.jpg[]

Using pinterest because the original work may have been deleted. When it comes to the kaiju, I always felt that you have to keep the round and short snout, it's a part of Varan that makes him stand out.
I think it looks really good. His patagium looks really weird, though.

Now for what I came here for: The next entry in Godzilla: World of Monsters is... unfortunately now my all-time least favorite Skullcrawler redesign.
Seriously, it looks like those bat-things from that one A Quiet Place cash-in that came out on Netflix last year.
Looks more like a redesign of the Cloverfield Monster than a Skullcrawler.

Added in 25 minutes 44 seconds:
:P https://nael-k-ali.tumblr.com/post/9105 ... fashioning

Don’t know if this was posted here before, but here’s an eastern dragon take on Godzilla.

Trike7117
Yojimbo

Post by Trike7117 »

The two Verans look great! Personally ain’t much a fan of either of those Godzilla’s......but dear god what the heck were they thinking when designing that skull crawler

Kaiju-Killer 751
Monsterland Worker

Post by Kaiju-Killer 751 »

ArtMaker wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:56 pm Image

Mothra:
This little diagram is to show how Mothra, and most of the other insectoid super species this series, were able to get so big was a result of a mutation were there means of breathing is nearly identical to vertebrates with the help of sudo lungs. Unlike their smaller relatives, they do not need to absorb oxygen through tubes along. These air sacs expand and contract like lungs. Which is how they were able to get so big.

Gainimes:
A species of gargantuan sized coconut crabs that feed off the irradiated sea life off the coast of Birth Island, which is home to many other undiscovered super species.

Gezora:
A monstrous squid that trudges along the ocean floor, scooping up deep whale carcasses and the occasional unlucky Ebriah. I tried to incorporate Gezora's trademark walking on land look while keeping it mostly grounded in reality (to an extent). In the end though, it just ended up looking like a re-skin of the Megasquid from "The Future Is Wild" documentary series. So I might go back and fix it.

Biollante:
A strange new species of plant that was spliced w/ Godzilla's DNA in the hope of using for defense against Godzilla and other large super species. She is unchallenged by any other organism in the kingdom of plants and has taken over a large chuck of the forests in South America. Her only equal being Godzilla.

Kong 2.0:
A gruff and very cranky Kong. This being a clone of the one from 1933. His genetic makeup manipulated and altered so that he could grow huge in size to combat Godzilla if he was to ever turn on humans again.
Okay that's actually really cool. Like, just, all of this; The thought and time put into designing them, I love it! Looks awesome as always!

ArtMaker
Interpol Agent

Post by ArtMaker »

Okay that's actually really cool. Like, just, all of this; The thought and time put into designing them, I love it! Looks awesome as always
Thanks man. 👍

Got more monsters for y’all.

Twin Fairies:

https://www.deviantart.com/artmakerprod ... -830249461

A continuation of the previous entry: http://fav.me/ddpxsx0, this is my take for the shobijin for my spin on the Godzilla series (GodzillaVerse?).

For the last several thousand years, a branch of humans split off from our ancestors and lived in the underground world known as the hollow earth. Dwarfism occurred in response to this subterranean environment. Their eyes and ears adapted to both hear and see the fainted of light and sounds. Only one remaining group of these humans currently remain in modern day.

A much smaller species related to Mothra also live in these caves. In time, these smaller (but still big) insects were trained and domesticated over the years and act as a mode of transportation for these miniature humans.

Misc. Monsters:

https://www.deviantart.com/artmakerprod ... -842771854

All the info needed can be read through link provided above.

Gryphon:

https://www.deviantart.com/artmakerprod ... -830981566

Info: Here is my take on the Gryphon from the canceled ‘94 film. I stuck rather close to the original Stan Winston maquette/concept art (which you can see over here: https://wikizilla.org/wiki/Gryphon), w/ some minor changes in his design and added my own artist creativeness to it. I might revise his look some more in a later drawing. In his description in the script, he is described as having a hydra-headed tongue composed of snakes. Not wanting to go too over the top and keep things somewhat simple and grounded in reality, I went w/ giving him a forked snake-like tongue as a substitute. If his leg looks a little wonky to you, don’t worry as that was intentional. That, and along w/ his two middle fingers on his wings being attached/in close proximity to each other are there to just to add that “genetically created/made in a laboratory” kind of vibe. His eyes blink from bottom to top. Like a how a reptile’s would. I modeled him w/ a vaguely “Jersey Devil” sort of look.

Story: Long ago, the Gryphon, a genetically engineered monster, was created by the very same extraterrestrials (who later assimilated w/ early humans and later became known as Atlanteans) that created Gamera. Using an assortment of earth creatures, the Gryphon was born. His sole purpose was to act as population control of gojiradons as they were seen as problematic because they would often steal their catch and eat up most of the fish in the area during the fishing season. It was believed that lowering the number of gojiradons would mean more fish. They were wrong. As time passed and gojiradon’s population was decreasing, Gamera became wary of his fellow genetic creation. His suspensions proved correct as the Gryphon started going overboard and was killing more than what was necessary. Even doing it for mere sport and out of bloodlust. Unbeknownst to them, gojiradons served as a very important role in the ecosystem because of their deep sea dwelling nature. Their plumes of poo; rich w/ nutrients from the fish and other organisms they ate deep down in the ocean, was a vital source of food for the surface dwelling plankton which were eaten by krill, then eaten by other marine organisms and so on. Not too mention that the high number of gojiradons kept Ghidorah (who the Atlanteans/aliens didn’t know was on earth at the time until later) from raising hell and carrying out his plans for obliterating all life on the planet. Gamera was sent after the Gryphon to stop him. A spectacular fight ensued that culminated at the bottom of the ocean and ended w/ the Gryphon being swallowed up by a volcanic fault on the sea floor. The Gryphon had finally met his end... or at least it seemed that way. With the passage of time, the gojiradon population soon bounced back up to normal levels and balance was restored and fish populations flourished once again.

In the present, the Gryphon was revealed to be still very much alive. He escaped from his molten prison when a newly formed volcano near the Hawaiian isles appeared. His first instinct was to continue on w/ what he was created for: killing gojiradons. After weeks of searching, he found his target, Godzilla, the last gojiradon on the planet. Meanwhile, the King of Monsters and Guardian of Atlantis were in the middle of duking it out along the coast of Japan. An intense fight it was, but it came to a halt with the appearance of the Gryphon. The horrid beast first went after Gamera for revenge, then later on to Godzilla. On their own, they didn’t stand much of a chance... but together, they did. The two kaiju formed a momentarily alliance w/ each other and fought against the Gryphon.

Titanosaurus:

https://www.deviantart.com/artmakerprod ... -845760254

Along the coasts of the South American continent lives a colony of Titanosaurus'. They are the last living lineage of the now extinct spinosaurid family. Do not be fooled by their appearance as they are more closely related to the smaller Irritator rather than their larger cousins, Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus, that are found in Africa. It evolved the signature backsail and tadpole-like tail fin separately from Spinosaurus.

They are primarily fish eaters, but have been observed to go after seals (and other similar sized prey items) occasionally.

Both Gojiradons and Titanosaurs have rarely ever interacted with the other as they inhabit two different environments: Gojiradons in the North Pacific and Titanosaurs in the South Atlantic. Only Gojiradons (from what's been observed from Godzilla) seem to regularly venture far out into the open ocean for food while Titanosaurus' prefer to travel up and down along the coast, usually going no more than a few hundred miles out to sea. Though, a few bolder individuals have been spotted going further out than that. With one particularly large specimen reported going as far as to the other side of the South American continent into the Pacific Ocean — travelling right into Godzilla's territory.

Currently, there is only one thriving colony of Titanosaurs, having been discovered back the mid-70s. These individuals live in an extensive series of underground caves located off the shores of South America with the entrance being only accessible underwater. It is these hidden caves that allowed the ancestors of Titanosaurus and his kind to survive into the present day.

merio
GPN Volunteer

Post by merio »

Hmmmm I think the tail could be slightly more traditional with the fan at the back.
he/him 17

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

I really like that Gryphon! Personally though i would remove Titano's rat whiskers.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Apparently, World of Monsters is rebooting faster than I thought. They set up an admin thread, thankfully. Here are the ones I haven't posted already.

Giganosaurus
It looks okay for an organic Gigan. You can definitely see parts of the green psychopath in him but I just hate how scrawny he looks. Giganosaurus looks like something your dog would eat while you're walking it, not a 60-meter giant!

Kamoebas
Way too generic turtle. Moving on.

Goliath
A little weird looking but definitely better than whatever TrollMans did.

Maguma
I think this Maguma's okay. Not the best but certainly not the worst. The least I can say is that the orca pattern is a nice idea.

Kong (full-color)
He looks pretty good in color, especially with those facepaints. A little dopey, sure, but I bet that would stop if he's in battle.

Daigoro
I think this one's pretty ok. Definitely looks like Dan decided to make him a regular old fauna instead of a kaiju.

King Ghidorah (form 1)
The rainbow coloration is a nice reference. He does look a little too beer-gutty but I've just gotten used to that at this point.

King Ghidorah (form 2)
Now, this looks much better. His faces are less deformed, he has his tail clubs, and he's lost weight... not much but it's a start! His wings do look a little ridiculous, though.

Ultraman
I would be suprised right now but Dan did put Eleking in so... Anyways, I like everything below the neck. The fleshy surface of his skin is a nice nod to the somewhat-loose wetsuit used to make Ultraman costumes and the black limbs imply that he might be turning evil like Belial (note that the red isn't changing but the silver is). However, his head... It's way too big, he has emo eyes, his ear is basically non-existant, and his mouth... No, that's a beak.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

I need more time to think if i like all of them but jeez Ghidorah and Ultraman have some ugly faces.

2009MECHAGODZILLA
Futurian

Post by 2009MECHAGODZILLA »

really wish I could unsee that Ultraman
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=21114

Commission prices: https://www.deviantart.com/snake151/jou ... -848926845
"Disappointing! Re-watch the 1954 original. THAT is the correct form!!!"

ArtMaker
Interpol Agent

Post by ArtMaker »

- Gigan: Looks more like the indoraptor than anything.

- Kamoebas: Not half bad. Could definitely see this design, or at least one close to it, being in the MonsterVerse.

- Goliath: No clue who that is, but design looks cool.

- Maguma: Elephant Seal w/ orca colour, cool idea, but could use some fixing up. Looks like it’s being crushed under its own weight.

- King Kong: This actually looks really cool, and showcases Kong’s thinking capabilities w/ him donning armour and face paint.

- Daigoro: Don’t know who that is, but he looks absolutely C H O N K Y.

- King Ghidorah: Eh, neither are that bad. Just being ok. Like what he said, the rainbow colour scheme is a nice touch.

- Ultraman: Tim Burton presents, “Ultraman”.

Trike7117
Yojimbo

Post by Trike7117 »

That gryphon art maker made looks fantastic! Really like the almost Jersey devil look it has now onto those world of monsters designs....ima be honest most of those I wouldn’t even be able to tell they were that specific kaiju if I wasn’t told but that ghidorah design just why just why is all I can say
Last edited by Trike7117 on Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dracosaurian
JXSDF Technician

Post by Dracosaurian »

In honor of Gamera's 55th birthday, Matt Frank and Sophie Campbell have both drawn him with their own personal takes like they did with Gyaos for Halloween.

Once again I really like both takes.

-Sophie's Gamera having an extradimensional space within his carapace fueling his fire and jets is cool along with his shell fragments being able to form an armor for him. Also I love that baby!

-Matt's Gamera like his Gyaos looks very intimidating and I love the adopting of orphan baby kaiju. I'd really like to see that in an animated film or series where all of Gamera's monster allies are orphans that he took in.
Last edited by Dracosaurian on Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Sophie's armored Gamera is pretty cool but for the first time in this redesign challenge the two have been doing, I ultimately prefer Matt's Gamera. Daiei better take some notes!

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Both are great. Just between the two, Sophie's edges out just barely due to those awesome abilities. Shell pieces that can be thrown as weapons or rearranged into full-body armor, crazy pocket dimensional abilities and swappable limbs... Fantastic.

While I like Matt's overall Gamera design more, the one place it loses me is with the bone-beaked face. Totally personal preference, but never been a fan of the insane amounts of snapping turtle-esque Gamera faces... though I kind of wonder how it'd look if it were fleshy like the rest of his face, minus the tusks and chin spines.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

Love both of those designs. I could easily see Matt's design being used as a remade Heisei Gamera, and Sophie's a remade Showa. I don't think I've much preference between the two; they're both really good.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

Dino-Mario
G-Force Personnel

Post by Dino-Mario »

Gonna go with Sophie's Gamera. Love the way he can use his shell to create additional armor and how he's able to throw pieces of it as weapon. Frank's take looks alright, but seems a bit generic, mostly because of the beaked face which looks kinda off.

Kaiju-Killer 751
Monsterland Worker

Post by Kaiju-Killer 751 »

Dracosaurian wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:28 pm In honor of Gamera's 55th birthday, Matt Frank and Sophie Campbell have both drawn him with their own personal takes like the did with Gyaos for Halloween.

Once again I really like both takes.

-Sophie's Gamera having an extradimensional space within his carapace fueling his fire and jets is cool along with his shell fragments being able to form an armor for him. Also I love that baby!

-Matt's Gamera like his Gyaos looks very intimidating and I love the adopting of orphan baby kaiju. I'd really like to see that in an animated film or series where all of Gamera's monster allies are orphans that he took in.
I can't really choose, these are both really cool!