Fan-Made Kaiju Redesign Thread

A place for users to show off their creativity in the forms of art, music, movies or games.
UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Re: Best and Worse Kaiju Redesigns

Post by UltimateDitto »

I like the Mechani Kong, the Anguirus is good, not a big fan of t rex headed Gorosaurus.
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Mecha-Kong looking cool.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

UltimateDitto wrote:Image

I like the Mechani Kong, the Anguirus is good, not a big fan of t rex headed Gorosaurus.
The MechaniKong is undoubtedly the best out of those 3. Anguirus is almost there and Gorosaurus is a meh.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Really cool-looking Kumonga and Kamacuras.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

This is coming from someone who loves exaggeration in his designs but those are WAY too fucking spiky for me.

TyrantIsTerror's redesigns of the roster are pretty damn good (as Kiryu's earlier designs show) but I esepcially love his Moklee Membe and his Destroyah

RIP Evan.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

^ I adore that redesign of Destoroyah, all of the forms. The rest of TT’s redesigns all look really good to.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

When eventually get to my redesign of Destroyah, intend to really focus on his crab like qualities. The idea I have in mind is "giant red crab fortress beast". Mother Legion has also helped in inspiration.
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:This is coming from someone who loves exaggeration in his designs but those are WAY too skreeonking spiky for me.

TyrantIsTerror's redesigns of the roster are pretty damn good (as Kiryu's earlier designs show) but I esepcially love his Moklee Membe and his Destroyah

Where in the world is M&M's trunk? Also, I'm not a fan of Scylla just having a -gon attached to her name. I get that TyrantisTerror wanted their names to blend in with the Toho kaiju but the -gon suffix doesn't sound natural. Something like Sylkara would be more preferable as a Toho-style name change.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Cryptid_Liker wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:This is coming from someone who loves exaggeration in his designs but those are WAY too skreeonking spiky for me.

Where in the world is M&M's trunk? Also, I'm not a fan of Scylla just having a -gon attached to her name. I get that TyrantisTerror wanted their names to blend in with the Toho kaiju but the -gon suffix doesn't sound natural. Something like Sylkara would be more preferable as a Toho-style name change.
"Silla-gon" sounds way more natural than "Sil-kara".

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

Hotdamn I really dig that Destoroyah. Takes all of the memorable aspects from the original design and completely seperates all of the lesser ones while keeping the core intact. Looks legitimately terrifying, really sells this as a Crustacean monstrosity that rose in an unnatural way.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

UltramanGoji wrote:
Cryptid_Liker wrote:

"Silla-gon" sounds way more natural than "Sil-kara".
But it sounds more generic.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Cryptid_Liker wrote:

[img]jpg[/img]

/img]
kaiju redesigns. If it's a redesign and there's no trunk, then it's pretty obvious why. IMO that trunk did NOT fit any of the designs for MnM (just calling it that now, it's what they do in the novel anyhow fuck it) so I'm fine it's not there.

Also, Scyllakara/Slykara is way too clunky. I don't like Scyllagon either but it's better then that.

RIP Evan.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
Cryptid_Liker wrote:

[img]jpg[/img]

/img]
kaiju redesigns. If it's a redesign and there's no trunk, then it's pretty obvious why. IMO that trunk did NOT fit any of the designs for MnM (just calling it that now, it's what they do in the novel anyhow skreeonk it) so I'm fine it's not there.

Also, Scyllakara/Slykara is way too clunky. I don't like Scyllagon either but it's better then that.
True. Honestly, it took me less than 1 minute to think of the Sylkara name so of course, it wouldn't be that good.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

I never thought I'd love a redesign this abstract...

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

I dislike pretty much everything about it. The backward legs really irk me.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

Damn the wing patterns are pretty sick looking.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

D O R S A L P L A T E S O V E R D R I V E

Last edited by Cryptid_Liker on Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

The dorsal spine curving upwards looks too big, but otherwise it seems like a solid design to me.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Oh...
Oh god.