Make Your Own Version/Incarnation(s) of Kaiju

A place for users to show off their creativity in the forms of art, music, movies or games.
GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Re: Make Your Own Version/Incarnation(s) of Kaiju

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:05 am I adore the idea of making Krystalak and SpaceGodzilla the same character. That was really clever. :huge:

Added in 1 hour 2 minutes 32 seconds:
GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:56 pm In Critical Mass, SpaceGodzilla lost any sense of reasoning he had left, just focusing on killing Godzilla and everything else on the planet Earth as he madly unleashed an assault on the gathered forces.
Also, dude.

Burning SpaceGodzilla. :Spacegodzilla:

*chef’s kiss*
Thank you! Yeah, needed some reason for Godzilla cells to mingle with the crystals, and “they got into space for reasons” wasn’t good enough lol, so Krystalak it is. And SpaceGodzilla and Burning just seem to go perfectly together, don’t they?

In turn, I love your take on Kumonga! Very intimidating and menacing, adds enough to the character to be quite unique without sacrificing what makes canon Kumonga work.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Fantastic monsters, guys.

I love your Spacegodzilla, GVR. But then again I'm biased against any version that justfies the name/gives him a better name then Spacegodzilla :lol:

Also, love your universe so far Shin. Feels new but traditonal. Especially like the idea of the Ultima forms as extinct missing links between Godzilla and the other kaiju.

RIP Evan.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Don't know if you guys ever peeped over at the Best and Worst Redesigns a few months back, but I've done a few takes on kaiju. But the most far out ones would have to be these 2.

The Rhedosaurus: (Inspired by my 2 pet Tegus)

Origin/Summary: "The keratin of this species would be made with similar properties to gold, thus causing a gold rush underneath a massive Antarctic glacier, which hides a cave of all sorts of creatures. Divers and poachers run to the opportunity, and find a surplus of golden bones that could be sold for unfathomable amounts of money. They even find small flying creatures that contain ivory in their large teeth and wings. Upon attempting to exit the cave however, they awaken the Rhedosaurus, who stalks them in the darkness, they start to run once they realize somethings not right. However they run right into the Rhedosaurus who mauls them and escapes the cave, headed straight for NY."

Power set: Rhedos have the ability to shake just their gold nails at such a blindingly fast pace, that they create heat from within. Which lets them slash through steel like butter. They also have a vicious bite force, stronger than most in the Kaiju Kingdom. Along with a powerful spiked tail that can crack a skull like an icepick on a coconut.

King Kong: ( I wanted to combine elements of the "Big 3" of the Primate world; an Orangutan, a Gorilla, and a Baboon. Wisened like the Orangutan, Husky like the Gorilla, and as fierce as the Baboon (or mandrill).)

Origin: Off the coast of Antarctica. There lies an island, hidden in the deep tundra, at the bottom of the planet. Those who survive, have called it, "Skull Island". When asked to describe it, they'd say it's a "Frozen Terror" (think "The Mist" combined with "King Kong 2005" and "The Thing").

The Beast's Beauty, Ann Darrow, would be a Primate Enthusiast (as an homage to the real life story of Francine Patterson, who taught sign language to Koko the Gorilla) She'd be financially down in the dumps with her monkey companion, Moko (original I know), until a film crew headed by Carl Denham approach her for the lead role in their "Animal Documentary" across untreaded lands in the Arctic. She's hesitant but needs this big break, so she agrees. Kong is the last of his kind, and he's grizzled, he's deals with more horrors in a week, than we do in a lifetime.

Powers: Brute Force, Agility, and Empathy.

Last edited by _JNavs_ on Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

_JNavs_ wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:29 am

King Kong: ( I wanted to combine elements of the "Big 3" of the Primate world; an Orangutan, a Gorilla, and a Baboon. Wisened like the Orangutan, Husky like the Gorilla, and as fierce as the Baboon (or mandrill).)

Origin: Off the coast of Antarctica. There lies an island, hidden in the deep tundra, at the bottom of the planet. Those who survive, have called it, "Skull Island". When asked to describe it, they'd say it's a "Frozen Terror" (think "The Mist" combined with "King Kong 2005" and "The Thing").

The Beast's Beauty, Ann Darrow, would be a Primate Enthusiast (as an homage to the real life story of Francine Patterson, who taught sign language to Koko the Gorilla) She'd be financially down in the dumps with her monkey companion, Moko (original I know), until a film crew headed by Carl Denham approach her for the lead role in their "Animal Documentary" across untreaded lands in the Arctic. She's hesitant but needs this big break, so she agrees. Kong is the last of his kind, and he's grizzled, he's deals with more horrors in a week, than we do in a lifetime.

Powers: Brute Force, Agility, and Empathy.

Chimpanzees are crying right now :lol:

I like it.
For Emperor and Empire!

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:37 am Fantastic monsters, guys.

I love your Spacegodzilla, GVR. But then again I'm biased against any version that justfies the name/gives him a better name then Spacegodzilla :lol:

Also, love your universe so far Shin. Feels new but traditonal. Especially like the idea of the Ultima forms as extinct missing links between Godzilla and the other kaiju.
Thanks! This is definitely a fun page for us G Fans all to let our unique creativity loose.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

SoggyNoodles2016

King Kong:
Holy crap, I'd seen your Rhedosaurus and loved it but this Kong is FANTASTIC.

What a rad design and backstory. That Antarctica scene in GVK got me super interested in a Yeti like take on King Kong

Added in 52 seconds:
ShinGojira14 wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:41 am

Thanks! This is definitely a fun page for us G Fans all to let our unique creativity loose.
Yeah, I'm honestly suprised this didn't happen sooner.

But I'm glad because that means I get to read all of these and submit my own vs three years ago haha

RIP Evan.

Bob Sherlock
Yojimbo

Post by Bob Sherlock »

https://www.deviantart .com/bob-sherlock/art/Godzilla-Clones-880804452

SpaceGodzilla

SpaceGodzilla’s design is basically my Godzilla design, but with SpaceG’s features with a few other personal touches to the tail spikes and additional elbow spikes.

He’s got the same measurements as Godzilla, being 120 meters tall.

In terms of powers, he’s got the usual set: Crystalline Powers, Corona Beam, Telekinesis, Levitation, etc. One unique one though is the ability to create smaller Obsidius/Krystalak drones when fusing his crystals with certain elements (volcanic rock/lava and different crystal surges). These drones are 20-40 meters tall and have decent physical stats.

SpaceGodzilla is still a malevolent Godzilla clone, however he’s also got bouts of madness and insanity due to the Godzilla cells in his DNA plus the drastic crystal formations. And of course, SG has major hatred for Godzilla.

His origin is tied to the end of my King Ghidorah story I thought where the humans try to use the newly Dimension Tide to defeat Ghidorah and save a badly injured Godzilla. It works in pulling KG away, but some of Godzilla’s spilt blood and torn hide and a few small broken dorsal plates got caught in the mix. These remains and the defeated King Ghidorah were left to drift on their own ways. However while Ghidorah retreated to heal and rest, the Godzilla remains were absorbed by a sentient crystal-like creature. This would lead to months of long and painful agony for this crystal creature as it started fusing and mutating with the Godzilla remains. When the transformation was complete, the crystal formation was reborn as SpaceGodzilla. He then used the Godzilla memories he gained to set his sights on Earth, bent on terraforming it and getting revenge for the agonizing transformation.

His roars are a mix of his usual ones plus Early Heisei and Millennium Godzilla roars.

Biollante

Biollante, I gave her a few touches to show her rose/plant side with the rose petal manes along with her more Godzilla traits with the smaller, deformed dorsal plates.

She’s 140 meters tall and would probably be the heaviest Kaiju in my Godzilla universe.

Biollante has her usual powers along with the unintentional ability to produce a Godzilla-luring pheromone.

Biollante’s personality and origins are basically kinda like her movie one because I think it’s already great the way they are. However, one thing in the origin that is different is that Biollante had to absorb more Godzilla skin/bone samples in order to gain her massive main form.

Her roars are the usual ones mixed with a few distorted Heisei Godzilla roars.
Last edited by Bob Sherlock on Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:42 am

King Kong:

What a rad design and backstory. That Antarctica scene in GVK got me super interested in a Yeti like take on King Kong
Thank you so much Soggy!!! Someone recommended over on my Deviantart that I should create "feathered dinosaurs who resemble yutyrannus huali." So that's something I have plans for once I finish writing a few chapters of a story i'm working on.

(shameless plug: https://www.deviantart.com/jnavsofficial)
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

SoggyNoodles2016

_JNavs_ wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:32 pm
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:42 am

King Kong:

Thank you so much Soggy!!! Someone recommended over on my Deviantart that I should create "feathered dinosaurs who resemble yutyrannus huali." So that's something I have plans for once I finish writing a few chapters of a story i'm working on.

(shameless plug: https://www.deviantart.com/jnavsofficial)
Not at all man, it's fantastic.

I'll definitely check that out!

RIP Evan.

FatBaconUnicorn
JXSDF Technician

Post by FatBaconUnicorn »

Titanosaurus

Height: 49 Meters Length: 115 Meters
Weight: 17,000 Tons

Origins:
As the great cataclysm fell from the stars, most life forms were eradicated. Those that were lucky retreated to the Hollow Earth to survive, all except the Titanosaurus. The evolved species of Spinosaurus retreated to the sea. Swimming deep enough to escape the fiery oblivion. Only to awaken in the modern day when the first nuclear sub reached the lower depths of the ocean, the first Kaiju to be discovered by modern man.

Psychical Description: A large orange fin sits on top of the males, black scales covered the crimson red and orange body of the dinosaur. A large tail drags behind their mass as they walk on the land, walking on all fours and rarely standing upright, manly doing so when attracting mates. When in water the tail will move as a natural propeller for the aquatic reptile, opening up to make the dinosaur faster while in the water. Black talons that can cut through steel and white fangs hang from his maw to devour fish. Gills lay on the neck of the aquatic reptile. While the females appear the same as the male, the only notable difference is that their scales are pink instead of red.

Personality: Titanosaurus as a species are peaceful, minding their business as they go from day to day. They are only aggressive when they are attacked, their territory is invaded, or when their allies are attacked. Jumping in to defend the ones they care about the first chance they get.

Powers:
Hurricane Swing: When on land, Titanosaurus can open their tails and create a wind storm by swinging the limb back and forth.

Extraordinary Jumper: The Titanosaurus can leap hundreds of feet into the air, though they need a good running start before they can do such a feat.

Water Gun: Within the aquatic dinosaur’s body are sacks where water is stored, if the situation calls for it, Titanosaurus can unleash a stream of water. Heat can be added to the attack, boiling water spraying the target.

Psychic: Titanosaurus’ have been shown to have a psychic bond with certain humans. Those that make contact are able to hear a melody as Titanosaurus approaches the area, alerting them of possible danger or even the need to communicate. In one case, the subject and a Titanosaurus were able to communicate from across the planet. The subjects are able to “understand” the animal’s thoughts as their language. How this is possible is still unknown.

Superior Strength: Though not necessarily a superpower, the Titanosaurus has been shown to be able to tussle with the strongest of Kaiju. Throwing Gojira around as if he was a rag doll, impressive for an animal that is almost twice as small as the monster king.
Last edited by FatBaconUnicorn on Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

FatBaconUnicorn wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:08 pm Titanosaurus

Height: 49 Meters Length: 115 Meters
Weight: 17,000 Tons

Origins:
As the great cataclysm fell from the stars, most life forms were eradicated. Those that were lucky retreated to the Hollow Earth to survive, all except the Titanosaurus. The evolved species of Spinosaurus retreated to the sea. Swimming deep enough to escape the fiery oblivion. Only to awaken in the modern day when the first nuclear sub reached the lower depths of the ocean, the first Kaiju to be discovered by modern man.

Psychical Description: A large orange fin sits on top of the males, black scales covered the crimson red and orange body of the dinosaur. A large tail drags behind their mass as they walk on the land, walking on all fours and rarely standing upright, manly doing so when attracting mates. When in water the tail will move as a natural propeller for the aquatic reptile, opening up to give the dinosaur faster while in the water. Black talons that can cut through steel and white fangs hang from his maw to devour fish. Gills lay on the neck of the aquatic reptile. While the females appear the same as the male, the only notable difference is that their scales are pink instead of red.

Personality: Titanosaurus as a species are peaceful, minding their business as they go from day to day. They are only aggressive when they are attacked, their territory is invaded, or when their allies are attacked. Jumping in to defend the ones they care about the first chance they get.

Powers:
Hurricane Swing: When on land, Titanosaurus can open their tails and create a wind storm by swinging the limb back and forth.

Extraordinary Jumper: The Titanosaurus can leap hundreds of feet into the air, though they need a good running start before they can do such a feat.

Water Gun: Within the aquatic dinosaur’s body are sacks where water is stored, if the situation calls for it, Titanosaurus can unleash a stream of water. Heat can be added to the attack, boiling water spraying the target.

Psychic: Titanosaurus’ have been shown to have a psychic bond with certain humans. Those that make contact are able to hear a melody as Titanosaurus approaches the area, alerting them of possible danger or even the need to communicate. In one case, the subject and a Titanosaurus were able to communicate from across the planet. The subjects are able to “understand” the animal’s thoughts as their language. How this is possible is still unknown.

Superior Strength: Though not necessarily a superpower, the Titanosaurus has been shown to be able to tussle with the strongest of Kaiju. Throwing Gojira around as if he was a rag doll, impressive for an animal that is almost twice as small as the monster king.
Skreeonk yeah, I love this one. Also, great Godzilla: Legends reference. :huge:

SoggyNoodles2016

My next grouping, which will be ESPECIALLY long.

King Kong:
Spoiler:
The year was 1933. Acclaimed director Carl Denham returns to New York and is met with horror and controversy. His next picture, an unknown jungle expedition, consisting of over 60 people, has returned....to a skeleton crew of barely 15. Kangaroo courts, lawsuits, grieving families quickly embroil the man, as he is blamed for what happened. Further intensifying the mystery of the Voyager as the papers quickly name it is Denham himself. The usually boisterous and outspoken man is quiet and withdrawn, taking the blame for whatever happened but never divulging WHAT happened during the filming of Beauty And Beast, just paying people off and offering alms from his vast fortune, before quietly retiring at home with his wife Hilda and their two daughters.

Whatever happened to the Wanderer was unknown for years, becoming a common myth, source of bad movie plots, and the occasional true crime novel. That all changed in 1973. Denham laid dying, a life time of adventure finally killing the famous man at 73. On his deathbed, he called forth his surviving granddaughter, Mason Weaver, a famous documentarian, and Fred Wilson, the industrialist who had bought his picture company and become his trusted advisor...more or less. The news he gave and shocked them and 3 years later, the entire world.

Denham's expedition was to a lost island, a primeval hell hole that was ruled by a great king, a monster neither beast or man.....King Kong.

In the next 3 years, Fred created an absolutely MASSIVE publicized expedition, revealing the existence of the so called Skull Island with many of Denham's surviving photos and sketchbooks, while Mason attempted to make a more legitimate documentary with her partner Conrad (and unbeknownst to all, with 25% of their crew secretly being members of Monarch, trying to get more information about any kaiju after the Megalon incident) and eventually they made it to Skull Island, somewhere in the west Indonesia...

To say it went well would be a punch line.

King Kong immediately attacked the helicopter convoy, not the 40 foot ape depicted in the pictures but a 100 foot KAIJU that destroyed their helicopters and disappeared. On the hellish expedition to the center, Weaver's faction eventually found the local people...the Iwi-Juta. These silent people quickly took them back to their village, where they found another surprise: the priestess of these people was none other than Anne Darrow, the actress who supposedly died on Skull Island back in 33, barely looking a day over 50. Anne soon told them of the story: how Denham was forced to abandon them, how she forged a bond with Kong (in actuality, just an infant), and how she had integrated and made a life with the Iwi, after they cleared up where that whole "soma berry juice offering ceremony" went wrong and she got nabbed. Of course, this kindly friendship was soiled when it became apparent Fred was attempting to capture Kong.

It ended as you would expect. Thankfully 8% of the group survived.

Eventually, Mason escaped and the world truly knew the world of Kong, and better communication let them truly appreciate this giant.

King Kong is a massive gorilla, standing over 80 meters on four legs, though he is a facultative biped, going on all fours to run. He also has traits of other apes: hominid like hands, orangutan like jowls, and thick hair that makes him seem more like a chimp. Kong is especially unique in that he is one of the most powerful kaiju with no powers. He is strong, his fur is dense to avoid most attack but at the end of the day, he is just a big monkey, a fact shown by the many scars, across his body, not to mention his missing eye. However, this belies his true strength: his intelligent mind. Kong is constantly thinking and using parts of his environment against his foes. If worst comes to worst, there is something Kong can rely on: "Zo-zla-howlacka". A massive ancient ax, crafted from ancient bone and a dark burnt scale, with the property to absorb anything to make it grow in power, creating a deadly slicing weapon which Kong can use to kill any foe, making him a mighty foe for any kaiju that threatens his home or people, for it's all he has left to stand for....

Design: 2021 for current Kong, 2017 for 70s, 33 for...33, and with the added features.
Skull Island:

The home of Kong is a world of chaos. A massive storm blocks the island from the world, while the island itself is jagged and broken ("Like it just emerged from the Earth" to quote geographer Charles Lind) though in truth, the island is a solid wetland environment. Aside from the rainforests, the upper part of the island is beautiful mountains with alpine ecosystems and of course, the infamous Pits, a disgusting hellhole where scavengers and voracious predators from the underground hollow cave systems and seas congregate to tear apart any poor bastard who falls within. The island has an almost uncountable number of creatures but below is a list of some of the most common....
Spoiler:
Beaches

- Siren Cat: One of the most interesting examples of a outsider predator evolving to deal with the pressures of Skull Island, this descendent of the saber tooth has become an otter like predator, hunting fish and other sea life and coming on land to feed, rest, and breed. They are named for their mating season yowls, which sound like screaming women.
- Bait Fish: as named by the Iwi-Juta, this massive blobby placoderm is such easy prey, it is regularly used as bait to trap prey/lure away a deadly predator.
- Mer: a massive predatory pinniped, these territorial hunters live in a strict matriarchal society, with the massive females getting first dibs of meat and regularly crushing unfortunate offspring who get in their way. They are also dangerously intelligent, best shown by their storing of wounded and even live prey in sea caves for later eating.

Iwi Villages
- Jackalsaur: This long nimble creature is a beloved pet of the Iwi, well renowned for hunting for it's speed and vice like jaws. To create strong bonds, a Jackalsaur is usually raised around a hunter's children, causing it's family to become a pack it will die for. To the shock of paleontologists, it was recently discovered not to be a form of raptor but a tyrannosaur, yet another apex predator to the wider world confined to a minor role on an island of terrors.
- Frankie's Rhino: Named after a 1977 expedition member who nearly got trampled, this four horned brontothere is testy but a good workman animal for it's strength and a easy food source for times of bad hunting. No one knows why it tastes like chicken though.
- Zealot Bird: a microraptorine that hangs around the beaches and occasionally scavenges from Iwi villages. Only recently has it become common to domesticate them. Their name refers to their mimicry and how a large portion of the flock will repeat the name Kong mindlessly after a ceremony praising the ape.

Forests

- Stegator: this simosuchian is well known for it's massive armored body and it's attitude, goring many in the 1933 expedition when they got too close.
- Death Runner: Venatosaurus indominus is perhaps the most feared creature in the forests. A vicious species of noasaurid, these lithe creatures are covered with razor sharp quills, protruding teeth to entrap their prey, and a wicked intelligence that allows them to plan their attacks from the treetops. The largest pack is currently being investigated, especially the massive albino female who runs it, nicknamed Darcy. She has been showing problem solving behavior, and this and her size is getting people worried she might be a growing kaiju, especially with the speed she is cannibalizing her packmates after failed hunts.....
- Behemoths: The greatest creature on the island, this over 100 meter long mammoth mostly hibernates deep within the ground, getting energy from the trees that grow from it's tusks and back in a symbiotic relationship. When they are disturbed or have fed enough, the great giants will move, leveling forests and reshaping landmasses before they eventually sleep for the rest of the night.
- Megapede: for some reason, snakes never made it to Skull Island, and in their place, a whole family of giant centipedes took their place. Some of the most unique include: the Pygmy Megapede that only reaches 4 feet, the garish and herbivorous Zebra Megapede, the venom spitting Viper Megapede, the aquatic Eelapede, and the massive 9 meter Titanopede.

Wetlands

-Nothomosas: Originally, this species was thought to be a mosasaur, before it was discovered to be a highly derived aquatic dinosaur, hence the name (it was only in the 2000s that it was definitely identified as a spinosaur). Nothomosas is a unrelenting predator, chasing down any creature it can sense like a shark to a chumline. Not helping this is the fact the dinosaur has a sophisticated electirc sense like said fish. The only good thing one can say about these beasts is that they are totally waterbound and as long as you trek by land, you'll never have to deal with them.
- Anno's Serpent: A much more placid lake predator, this 40 meter frilled shark has been inhabiting these waters since Skull Island formed in the Mesozoic, placidly hunting for mud dwelling animals and occasionally dragging themselves ashore to flop to better waters during dry seasons ala mudskippers. Kong particularly finds them delicious and regularly hunts them. To defend themselves, they can expel blood from their gills, which thanks to their complicated internal chemistry, is boiling hot. Current research is more interested into how they have 16% DNA connection with Godzilla....
- Tatopoulos's Lizard: A very odd creature. This lizard makes burrows in the wetland in which they lay millions of offsprings before leaving them to survive on their own. They have no real powers but an almost magical camouflage ability, making them impossible to find even to one searching. Their latent radioactivity combined with the individual variation makes some wonder if there is kaiju in their DNA.

Plains

- Hadrotitan: On Skull Island, sauropods mainly evolved into different roles, like the highland Diablosaurus. In contrast, hadrosaurs are the giants here. Two massive species exist: The Greater Hadrotitan (descended from edmontosaurs) and the Crested Hadrotitan (which descended from lambeosaurines), which top the scale at 75 and 50 meters respectively. They are usually placid but stampedes are a common threat.
- Vastatosaurus Rex: The most infamous creature of Skull Island, ever since Petrox showed off the picture of Kong facing a pair during the 1933 events. The V. Rex is the top predator, a vicious apex predator who live in highly coordinated family packs. They were initially believed to be derived tyrannosaurs though it is now known they are abelisaurs.
- Skull Island Bear: A bear that lives on the plains eating berries, young dinosaurs, and Skull Island Bees. It's uh. It's just a bear. There's really nothing special about it, it's just a bear.

Pits

- Echostalker: a deadly bat evolution, incredibly fast, incredibly deadly, and with an echolocation that lets it hunt down any prey with ease. They are the most monitered of all the monsters of the Pits, given fears of the chaos they could cause if they ever escaped. One must only look of what happened in Upstate New York in 2018 to see why such fears are founded....
- Skullcrawler: The most voracious of all creatures, this two armed beast stops at nothing to fill it's ever hungry maw. They are one of the most persistent problems as they are one of the few creatures that regularly leave the pits, though Kong usually stops them. It has been noted in times of great stress, the numbers of these creatures increase.
- Cephalocrab: One of many horrible bugs that haunt the pits, however this one is even more infamous for the truth of it's biology: it's not a true bug. The great Giraffe Crab, one of the most common creatures of the Pits, is preyed on by the great Muck Squid, killing the crab and hollowing out most of it's body....ending in the squid FUSING with the crab's remaining nerves and using the shell as organic armor. According to legends, these creatures are the minions of the great Inagos-Allycs, the massive Iwi-Juta god of death who shepards spirits into the underworld before sharing their energy for the island.

Mountains

- Ookondoru: these giant condors use the mountain as a nesting ground/vouching point. They're much despised for their disgusting smell and their erratic behaviors when threatened.
- Diablosaurus
- Kamerus: a great tortoise which lives on the moss of boulders. They are widely beloved for their placid behavior, interest in humans and their benevolence, protecting any animal that they come across. Particularly loved is a 30 foot long elder named Methuselah, said to be the same one Anne saw as a hatchling in 1933
Soran and the Psychovultures: Of all the creatures that haunt Skull Island, NONE compare to the most infamous. The so called Psychovultures initially look like a species of vulture but in reality, they are pterosaurs, ones who have evolved into a perfect form. They are great flyers and skilled runners, with their sharp teeth allowing them to tear any prey apart. If that was not enough, these creatures drive themselves mad on purpose, as they feed on hallucinogenic fungi and poisonous animals for unknown reasons. These mad hunters menace the boneyards in the Plains they call home.....but of course, this is nothing compared to Soran. The closest thing the Iwi-Juta have to a devil, this massive mutation has appeared twice in recorded history: in what we record as 1925 when one killed Kong's parents, and then, 70 year laters, in 1995, another appeared. Finally seeing the horror, why this beast was called Kong's nemesis and the Devil of Skull Island. The great creature was not only just as vicious but can produce lightning to strike down foes, especially aided by the blue storm it can create to hide itself. Kong faced the beast in battle, eventually slaying it with a lightning charged ax but the fear remains....where there's one, there might be another.

Design: Dark Horse Soran with aspects of the first SP Rodan and the bat like pterosaurs from The Dinosaur Project. (pics because you barely see it in film here and here

And if you're wondering why this exists: Gaw is a dinosaur, the Skullcrawlers are snake like so I decided to complete the trifecta and make a pterosaur fit the new archetype of "ancient mortal enemy of Kong" lol)

Gorosaurus:

Kong is king of the island but Gorosaurus is queen. The massive megaraptorid is an awe inspiring site, standing at over 75 meters. She is revered by the Iwi-Juta as a goddess of the hunt and the animals who live on it, in contrast to Kong, the thunder god and the god of them. Gorosaurus is technically one of many. There is also her pack of younger children (each around 35 meters), all of whom partake in complicated hunts on the most excessive of the island's wildlife. Gorosaurus is a cool creature, not one to act up or attack first, but if pushed, she is a dangerous foe with her flesh rending jaws, jagged claws, bone breaking kicks and her most deadly ability: her tail is pure cartilage and is able to be thrashed around and twisted for any combat need (think a Xenomorph tail). Despite what most people assume based on Kong's relationship with the Vastatosaurus (which also isn't like that, now that he's significantly outgrown them), Gorosaurus and Kong get along great and have teamed up to face foes many times before...as long as Kong doesn't get to them first.

Design: tbh, I hate the "just a big dinosaur with features glued on trend" but an Australovenator with the classic features is basically the perfect Gorosaurus imo.

Gigan:
Spoiler:

Skull Island is under extreme duress, weakened by Soran's awakening and drawn even further by the ripples of Ghidorah's awakening. Kong, having returned to his island home, struggles to protect what remains. Dr. Wu of the UNKCT (United Nations Kaiju Countermeasures Taskforce) comes up with a controversial suggestion: remove Kong and most of the other species from the island, and relocate them to a facility set up near a hollow Antarctica area (don't worry, Thrust was barely using it). The mission began, overseen by Anne and her deaf granddaughter Jia reluctantly, and soon, the ARK began to head south, with the aid of a fleet of Super Xs.

Of all the things people expected, Godzilla was not one of them.

The monster king attacked the ships, seemingly targeting the main ship with Kong on it. The mighty ape broke free however and with the aid of his ax, began to fend off the giant. This is when the kaiju TRULY got mad and it was at this point, a realization struck the gathered watchers: the ax was made from a Godzilla! Godzilla began to tear into Kong, with the ape barely blocking the attacks before a called Gotengo barely stopped the rampage. Eventually, they made it to Antarctica...only to find no signs of said sanctuary.

It was at this point, Dr. Wu began to laugh.

It soon turned out Dr. Wu hadn't been completely honest. He HAD planned to bring the kaiju here, but not for safety. He had broken off from the UNKCT and instead had better plans. Before the horrified Iwi-Juta's eyes, the remains of their home were trapped, they were enslaved, and Kong was tied up for show as Wu began to dissect his ax. Soon, Wu began to do his criminal work: selling off Skull Island animals, torturing them by experimenting, and of course, throwing them to his beast.

Wu had taken something from the UNKCT. A project in devolvement to stop kaiju. Gigan.

A painful fusion of a kaiju corpse, nanometal developed from the Mysterian Moguera, and more traditional metal. Many Skull Island monsters were given to the slaughter to Gigan's features, the creature numbly murdering the monsters, behest to it's master's will. After a while, Wu played his trump card. He summoned Godzilla once more with the kaiju calls that he used in the first place, causing the monster to arrive. Filming it for the whole world to watch, Wu released Kong and let them fight. The world watched in shock as Wu gleefully enjoyed the two alpha predators destroying each other, weakening each other, a slaughter for them both and then, he revealed Gigan.

Now upgraded with the same material as Kong's ax, the monster easily began to get past Godzilla's beam and BEAT THE CRAP out of Godzilla and Kong, all as Wu proudly tried to sell Gigan. Only....that robot wasn't listening to Wu. In fact, it was almost exclusively focusing on Godzilla. At this point, a Iwi-Juta escape attempt and the arrival of the TRUE UNKCT stopped Wu in his tracks and revealed the truth to the livestreaming audience: Gigan was built of the remains of a kaiju found on ODO ISLAND. This was no mere robot acting on orders, but a fallen foe getting his just dessert's with sadistic glee.

Eventually, a savior arrived in Gorosaurus who broke though and distracted Gigan long enough for a second wind to take over the alphas. The 3 monsters succeded in killing Gigan, with Kong slicing off the monster's head after Gorosaurus ripped off the synthesized Godzilla bone before Godzilla melted the ice to seemingly destroy the monster. The solution found, the two giants nodded and went their separate ways: Godzilla to Odo Island, and Kong to a newly built preserve in Africa. Perhaps, the world was enough for the two of them.

....of course, the question is if Gigan truly IS gone, and even he would not know how his match would influence the UNKCT's work on project Kiryu.....

Design: imagine the Earth trilogy fanart of Gigan but with some of the fucked up metal of the Legendary Mechagodzilla and some classic gold and green.

Powers: Flight at Mach 1 through boosters, hook hands, nanometal shifting/regeneration, can upgrade hooks to various weapons (chains, chainsaws, exploding hooks, etc), eye laser (imagine the whole face shifting into one wave motion gun), razor tipped wings and tail, drill tail, chainsaw on body, immune to Godzilla's beam/can absorb energy, can transfer kinetic energy into a explosion.

Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RIP Evan.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

^Holy crap, that was amazing. I will say, though; your descriptions of the kaiju's appearance are really hard to visualize, for me at least.
Last edited by Cryptid_Liker on Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

SoggyNoodles2016

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:37 am ^Holy crap, that was amazing. I will say, though; your descriptions of the kaiju's appearance are really hard to visualize, for me at least.
Why thank you!

Yeah, tbh, I mostly focus on how I'd make like my own incarnations in the context of my own story as in stuff like what's Kong'a character and role like then how he looks.

I honestly am not sure how they look either :lol:

RIP Evan.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:37 am ^Holy crap, that was amazing. I will say, though; your descriptions of the kaiju's appearance are really hard to visualize, for me at least.
One of the reasons why I wish this site had like icons.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Just as a preface, all monsters of mine in this thread are in the same universe. So this is my third monster, with Godzilla and Ghidorah.

Gigan: The People’s Monster!

Height: 122 Metres
Weight: 91,000 Tons

A revered reptilian monster from a far away galaxy, known as Twk-Ui was sent to earth millions of years ago. Incased in a spacecraft resembled a cockroach, it crash landed in Laurasia, to be dormant for Millenia. It was not until the hand of man graced it’s shell that it was awakened. It was found by miners deep in the Soviet Union, and it was ordered to be operated upon Stalin himself. The monster, whatever it was, would serve the Soviet Union, and achieve the Communist Utopia. It would become the weapon to defeat the enemies of the cause.

The beast’s scales were torn from it’s body, and his limbs were mutilated, replaced with steel hooks, spiking out from his arms and feet. His eyes were hacked from their sockets and replaced with a visor, wires jutting out from the back. The wires would seep into the brain, connecting neural pathways to the visor. Finally, the monster’s chest was operated on, removing many skeletal structures and fleshy organs, in favour of a cybernetic system, with the crown jewel being a semi buzz saw.

The beast was not giving a name by the Soviets, just referred to as ‘Weapon 131’. Unfortunately for the USSR, the beast wasn’t deemed functional enough to see combat during the Great Patriotic war, and to Stalin’s dismay, not a single German died at the hooks of the beast.

40 years had passed, and the monster was just left to rot in it’s cell, imprisoned by an inhibitor installed on the neck. A handover would occur, and the super weapon was given to the Chinese. Under intense study, the Chinese improved upon the technologies used by the Russians, and greatly enhanced the standard of living for the monster.

It was in this period of study that the beast gained it’s name, Gigan. In the year 1998, upon a kaiju attack in the Philippines, it would be revealed to the world as an anti kaiju weapon. It proved fatal in battle, easily slaying Manda in close quarters. Like the Mechagodzilla units in Russia, Japan, the US, and their allies, China takes great pride in their anti-kaiju weapon, which continues to serve to this day.

Appearance

Much like the 2004 Version in structure, but is Red and Gold in colour. Pristine silver scythes and hooks just from Gigan’s limbs, and bright yellow fins run down his back. His eyes are replaced with a glowing visor, that is complemented by a metallic beak painted Gold.

Gigan’s natural appearance is not known, as the earliest documents of the creature by the Russians were either destroyed, or are kept under very tight security.

Powers

People’s Ray: A deadly laser that is fired from the visor.

Grappling Anchors: Anchors can be fired from pockets beside the hooks, which grapple enemies.

Flight: Using the best technology, Gigan can fly at up to Mach 5.

Buzz saw: The saw in his stomach can spin at rapid speeds and can cut through any material on Earth. It’s effects against astral materials are shaky, and unreliable.
For Emperor and Empire!

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Voyager wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:43 pm Appearance

Much like the 2004 Version in structure, but is Red and Gold in colour. Pristine silver scythes and hooks just from Gigan’s limbs, and bright yellow fins run down his back. His eyes are replaced with a glowing visor, that is complemented by a metallic beak painted Gold.
That’d be a badass redesign!
Voyager wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:43 pm People’s Ray: A deadly laser that is fired from the visor.
That sounds patriotic as hell—and I love it.

Love this interpretation of Gigan. :Gigan:

FatBaconUnicorn
JXSDF Technician

Post by FatBaconUnicorn »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:26 pm
Skreeonk yeah, I love this one. Also, great Godzilla: Legends reference. :huge:
Thanks man! Titanosaurus was probably the hardest for me so far out of trying to make him unique but glad that people like my interpretation.
Last edited by FatBaconUnicorn on Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Rodan

Height: 85 meters
Wingspan: 200 meters
Weight: 45,000 tons

Origins
A prehistoric monster which is believed to have haunted the skies in the Cretaceous period. When the comet struck and initiated the mass extinction of that period, some Rodans sought shelter inside mountains to hibernate until the outside world was habitatable again.

Nuclear testing awoke several members of the species, including a mated pair. Despite common belief, the most notorious Rodan was neither member of this pair, though current leading hypothesis is that he is related to them, likely the brother of one of the two or their offspring. This would explain why he emerged from the same mountain as them, and the ferocity with which he attempted to avenge their death at the hands of the Mysterians.

Physical Description
The first thing most people think of when they hear Rodan are the species’ colossal wings. Humongous, light-red wings with the strength to let them fly at Mach speeds, bearing sharp blades atop the bones of the limbs. When on the ground, Rodans typically use these wings as a pair of forelegs, folding them in to utilize their muscular arms which end in sickle-like claws. Their torsos are covered in brown, armored plating, the front bearing rows of sharp spikes which the sky hunters utilize in their physical assaults by bashing into foes. Intimidating talons like that of a golden eagle extend from their feet, perfect for grasping prey and tearing into it. A thick, long beak as sharp as a dagger is filled with rows of teeth-like spines to ensure that prey cannot escape once plunged within, also serving to as another method to injure enemies with a flurry of pecking and biting. Three horns protrude from the back of the skull, resembling a crown, giving them their nickname “lords of the sky”. Finally, piercing eyes the color of emeralds are the most advanced eyes in the animal kingdom, capable of detecting minute movements from miles away.

The most notorious of all the Rodans, the one which is Godzilla’s ally, has undergone a transformation that had made his appearance distinct from the rest of his kind. After being thrown into a volcano by King Ghidorah, he absorbed the thermal energy within to become “Fire Rodan”. The backs of his wings are now coated in what resemble feathers of molten rock, the red of his wings now a bright crimson. A subtle glow of molten power radiates from between his armor plating, tinging them a light orange.

Personality
Rodans are a cantankerous species. Unless they know that doing so would be outright suicidal, they will charge into a fight without hesitation and usually with little prompting from the other party. They derive joy from razing vast areas of landscape with their powerful flybys and ranged abilities, often seen cackling as they flatten a forest or city.

Despite these traits, Rodans have also been reported to be immensely loyal to those who earn it. The mated pair stayed by each other’s side at all times, the male even refusing to leave his partner’s side as she was torn asunder by the Mysterians’ weaponry, ensuring his demise in turn. Fire Rodan retains this sort of mentality. Ever since the battle with King Ghidorah, he has been one of Godzilla’s most consistent allies and has also been seen on Infant Island, protecting Mothra’s egg, larva, and/or followers whenever she cannot. He still battles with Godzilla sometimes, but it is more of a “sparring” than the chaotic struggle they had been engaging in before across Japan.

Powers

Flight: Rodans can fly at a maximum speed of Mach 7, though typically only utilize this speed when traveling great distances and not amidst combat. No flying kaiju aside from Megaguirus can match them in speed and aerial mobility, usually allowing them to gain an advantage against foes that would otherwise be too powerful for them to overcome.

Sonic Clap: By clapping their wings together at high speed, the pteranodons can send forth a wave of condensed air and sound strong enough to slice into a target.

Blazing Wind Geyser: From their mouths, Rodans can expel a stream of highly condensed, heated air. It is enough to knock other kaiju off their feet, and is more potent than the hurricane-force winds they can generate by beating their wings.

Fire Rodan
Ever since his transformation, Fire Rodan has exhibited a few abilities not seen in others, in addition to retaining the previously listed powers.

Burning Feathers: Fire Rodan can launch the feathers upon his wings as projectiles, usually using this in conjunction with the sonic clap. Their sharp points dig into an enemy’s hide, burning on contact.

Thermal Beam: A concentrated stream of thermal energy fired from his mouth, this beam reaches temperatures approaching that of Godzilla’s Atomic Ray. It packs no explosive force, but the sheer heat of the lava-colored beam can melt through the armor of most foes.

Phoenix Collision: Fire Rodan can charge up his entire body with energy, making him resemble a burning comet as he rushes directly forwards, impacting an enemy and unleashing all of that energy at once in a powerful burst. This attack knocks Fire Rodan out upon usage and leaves him comatose for hours, but given it was enough to cast King Ghidorah to the ground and leave him gravely wounded, this weakness is not something easily exploited.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:21 am Rodan

Height: 85 meters
Wingspan: 200 meters
Weight: 45,000 tons

Origins
A prehistoric monster which is believed to have haunted the skies in the Cretaceous period. When the comet struck and initiated the mass extinction of that period, some Rodans sought shelter inside mountains to hibernate until the outside world was habitatable again.

Nuclear testing awoke several members of the species, including a mated pair. Despite common belief, the most notorious Rodan was neither member of this pair, though current leading hypothesis is that he is related to them, likely the brother of one of the two or their offspring. This would explain why he emerged from the same mountain as them, and the ferocity with which he attempted to avenge their death at the hands of the Mysterians.

Physical Description
The first thing most people think of when they hear Rodan are the species’ colossal wings. Humongous, light-red wings with the strength to let them fly at Mach speeds, bearing sharp blades atop the bones of the limbs. When on the ground, Rodans typically use these wings as a pair of forelegs, folding them in to utilize their muscular arms which end in sickle-like claws. Their torsos are covered in brown, armored plating, the front bearing rows of sharp spikes which the sky hunters utilize in their physical assaults by bashing into foes. Intimidating talons like that of a golden eagle extend from their feet, perfect for grasping prey and tearing into it. A thick, long beak as sharp as a dagger is filled with rows of teeth-like spines to ensure that prey cannot escape once plunged within, also serving to as another method to injure enemies with a flurry of pecking and biting. Three horns protrude from the back of the skull, resembling a crown, giving them their nickname “lords of the sky”. Finally, piercing eyes the color of emeralds are the most advanced eyes in the animal kingdom, capable of detecting minute movements from miles away.

The most notorious of all the Rodans, the one which is Godzilla’s ally, has undergone a transformation that had made his appearance distinct from the rest of his kind. After being thrown into a volcano by King Ghidorah, he absorbed the thermal energy within to become “Fire Rodan”. The backs of his wings are now coated in what resemble feathers of molten rock, the red of his wings now a bright crimson. A subtle glow of molten power radiates from between his armor plating, tinging them a light orange.

Personality
Rodans are a cantankerous species. Unless they know that doing so would be outright suicidal, they will charge into a fight without hesitation and usually with little prompting from the other party. They derive joy from razing vast areas of landscape with their powerful flybys and ranged abilities, often seen cackling as they flatten a forest or city.

Despite these traits, Rodans have also been reported to be immensely loyal to those who earn it. The mated pair stayed by each other’s side at all times, the male even refusing to leave his partner’s side as she was torn asunder by the Mysterians’ weaponry, ensuring his demise in turn. Fire Rodan retains this sort of mentality. Ever since the battle with King Ghidorah, he has been one of Godzilla’s most consistent allies and has also been seen on Infant Island, protecting Mothra’s egg, larva, and/or followers whenever she cannot. He still battles with Godzilla sometimes, but it is more of a “sparring” than the chaotic struggle they had been engaging in before across Japan.

Powers

Flight: Rodans can fly at a maximum speed of Mach 7, though typically only utilize this speed when traveling great distances and not amidst combat. No flying kaiju aside from Megaguirus can match them in speed and aerial mobility, usually allowing them to gain an advantage against foes that would otherwise be too powerful for them to overcome.

Sonic Clap: By clapping their wings together at high speed, the pteranodons can send forth a wave of condensed air and sound strong enough to slice into a target.

Blazing Wind Geyser: From their mouths, Rodans can expel a stream of highly condensed, heated air. It is enough to knock other kaiju off their feet, and is more potent than the hurricane-force winds they can generate by beating their wings.

Fire Rodan
Ever since his transformation, Fire Rodan has exhibited a few abilities not seen in others, in addition to retaining the previously listed powers.

Burning Feathers: Fire Rodan can launch the feathers upon his wings as projectiles, usually using this in conjunction with the sonic clap. Their sharp points dig into an enemy’s hide, burning on contact.

Thermal Beam: A concentrated stream of thermal energy fired from his mouth, this beam reaches temperatures approaching that of Godzilla’s Atomic Ray. It packs no explosive force, but the sheer heat of the lava-colored beam can melt through the armor of most foes.

Phoenix Collision: Fire Rodan can charge up his entire body with energy, making him resemble a burning comet as he rushes directly forwards, impacting an enemy and unleashing all of that energy at once in a powerful burst. This attack knocks Fire Rodan out upon usage and leaves him comatose for hours, but given it was enough to cast King Ghidorah to the ground and leave him gravely wounded, this weakness is not something easily exploited.
Once again, I wish this site had like icons. :Rodan56:
(Also, Heisei Rodan should totally get his own face emoji.)