Godzilla vs Megalon International/MST3k HD G-MAN Reconstruction/Edit NOW AVAILABLE

A place for users to show off their creativity in the forms of art, music, movies or games.
G-MAN
Interpol Agent

Godzilla vs Megalon International/MST3k HD G-MAN Reconstruction/Edit NOW AVAILABLE

Post by G-MAN »

As I've mentioned before at times in my other reconstruction threads. I'm finally doing a reconstruction of the international version of Godzilla vs Megalon. Which honestly wasn't a big deal as the main thing was just getting the necessary release to do it. Aside from that the main thing I'm doing is adding the famous Mystery Science Theater 3000 episode as an audio option. Its something I've wanted to do ever since the film was finally released on DVD and Bluray by Media blasters.

Work on that has been progressing pretty well. As I'm currently around the half way point of the edit on that audio option. And it's been quite fun to do as this again has been one thing I've really wanted to do and I might also just make this available as an audio only option and might upload it somewhere or even to YouTube for fans to play along with their criterion set or media blasters release.

The other things I'm considering on adding is the commentary track from the oops Media Blasters release. As I've been going back and forth about adding them to my previous reconstructions that have existing commentary tracks. But I've never thought to include them as I'm not sure if others are interested in that being included aside from myself. And of course the last thing I'm considering adding is the media blasters dub track as I've heard it mentioned that the quality on the dub is better than the Criterion release. Thought I haven't had the chance to compare them myself.

If you have any thoughts about those two things let me know as it will help me decide if I should put them in the final release version. Thanks again for everyone's support of my previous and hope fans of Godzilla and mst3k alike will enjoy my next reconstruction later this month.

*UPDATE*
Finally got the film finished the upload for the film and it is ready for sharing.

VIDEO SOURCES
Main film was comprised of the criterion release of Godzilla vs Megalon. For the opening Toho shot I used the international version in front of Criterion's release of Astro Monster. As well as the Power Multimedia release for the English titles. Nothing was touched or messed with in regards to color. Though I did light color adjustments to the English titles. As well created the end credits for the film.

AUDIO
Unlike with my previous reconstructions. This one is not just a single audio track. For this release I have included the dub from the Criterion disc and the one featured on the Media Blasters disc. Have also included the audio commentary for the oops DVD release of the film by Media Blasters.

Of course the main reason for tackling this is the MST3k episode of Godzilla vs Megalon. Which I edited the audio around the film so I could have it easier to include the other tracks. As well as so others can just have the audio track if they only.want that which I will upload later this week for those who just want that. The source for the episode was the recalled DVD that was released back in the early 2000's. Thankfully the riff was mostly kept in the edit. Although two brief jokes were unfortunately cut due to them being in footage exclusive to the Cinema Shares print.. As that was wha MST3k used for their episode. Really hope this will give fans a chance to finally head this legendary riff on the film. And give it new life as it can hopefully live on outside of old vhs recordings and the old dvd release. Since there is no way we will likely see this officially released again.
Last edited by G-MAN on Wed May 20, 2020 6:00 pm, edited 5 times in total.

ultrase7en
Samurai

Re: Godzilla vs Megalon International/Mst3k HD G-MAN Reconstruction/Edit "COMING SOON"

Post by ultrase7en »

Cool! I will enjoy the added audio options. Did you find a good source for the credits?

G-MAN
Interpol Agent

Re: Godzilla vs Megalon International/Mst3k HD G-MAN Reconstruction/Edit "COMING SOON"

Post by G-MAN »

ultrase7en wrote:Cool! I will enjoy the added audio options. Did you find a good source for the credits?
Yeah I managed to get the portion of the power multimedia release that contained the opening credits as the end credits were cropped anyways. That was all I needed. And that's good to hear cuz I think it would be a nice addition to my reconstruction as well.

G-MAN
Interpol Agent

Post by G-MAN »

Been awhile since I last updated. Things have slowed down due to work and everything going on in the world. Currently working on the mst3k and making sure the audio syncs up and doesn't drop out or anything. But will update again once more real work is completed

FPremo
Ronin

Post by FPremo »

Looking forward to this one, G-Man. This was the first Godzilla film I ever saw in the theater (I'm...oldish).
Lurker for 3 years on these forums. Not really the posting type. Godzilla fan since 1971.

G-MAN
Interpol Agent

Post by G-MAN »

FPremo wrote:Looking forward to this one, G-Man. This was the first Godzilla film I ever saw in the theater (I'm...oldish).
No worries man I'm jealous you got to it I'm theaters. Won't be a reconstruction of that version but will have English titles. And while my mst3k audio edit isn't perfect due to having to edit and shift a thing or two because of it. And might not be fully in sync in one scene. I might try to fix it. But right now it was fun yo watch the full film with it and in widescreen. Currently converting it to be bluray compatible at the moment. Also again adding the Commentary and media blasters dub track.

And of course the opening English credits were not in the best shape and did require a heavy noise filter to have it be watchable for me.

G-MAN
Interpol Agent

Post by G-MAN »

Currently in the progress of uploading the finished project. And since they aren't high quality and were really quick I took video of some scenes with the mst3k audio and posted it on my Twitter account for anyone curious as to how it turned out while the upload is in progress

ultrase7en
Samurai

Post by ultrase7en »

Cool! I’m excited to check this one out too.

G-MAN
Interpol Agent

Re: Godzilla vs Megalon International/Mst3k HD G-MAN Reconstruction/Edit "NOW AVAILABLE"

Post by G-MAN »

Updated the original post. Film is finished/uploaded and ready to go. Feel free to comment or pm if you would like a link.

ultrase7en
Samurai

Re: Godzilla vs Megalon International/MST3k HD G-MAN Reconstruction/Edit "NOW AVAILABLE"

Post by ultrase7en »

Please send me the link when you can! Can’t wait to check it out.

G-MAN
Interpol Agent

Re: Godzilla vs Megalon International/MST3k HD G-MAN Reconstruction/Edit "NOW AVAILABLE"

Post by G-MAN »

ultrase7en wrote:Please send me the link when you can! Can’t wait to check it out.
Sorry for delay just been at work but it's on the way

MAX Studio
Ronin

Post by MAX Studio »

Hi G, can you send me a link when you can? Thx

G-MAN
Interpol Agent

Post by G-MAN »

MAX Studio wrote:Hi G, can you send me a link when you can? Thx
Pm'd and sorry for the delay.

MAX Studio
Ronin

Post by MAX Studio »

Hi G, downloaded and watched last night. I like the added audio tracks! Great job as always and thx!

G-MAN
Interpol Agent

Post by G-MAN »

MAX Studio wrote:Hi G, downloaded and watched last night. I like the added audio tracks! Great job as always and thx!
Glad to hear you enjoyed it.

Also I noticed an issue on mine and will just be adding it to the folder for when people download it as it's purely optional. That being the commentary. Didn't notice it when I check it as the headphones I was using for some reason didn't pick up the error with it. But I will be uploading the fixed commentary track that syncs up with the film. You can either adding with mkv merge or tsmuxer if you want to burn the film to a disc.

Apologies for the mistake and sorry I didn't notice the mistake with the commentary track sooner.

G-MAN
Interpol Agent

Post by G-MAN »

Uploading with fixed commentary and media blasters dub. Will be up by tonight. Apologies for not noticing the errors that appeared during encoding.

Kore321
Yojimbo

Re: Godzilla vs Megalon International/MST3k HD G-MAN Reconstruction/Edit NOW AVAILABLE with Fixed Audio Options

Post by Kore321 »

Please send a link. I love this movie.
Thanks in advance,

Mike

HannibalBarca
Gotengo Officer

Re: Godzilla vs Megalon International/MST3k HD G-MAN Reconstruction/Edit NOW AVAILABLE with Fixed Audio Options

Post by HannibalBarca »

I would also like a link. Thank you!
In my opinion, of course.

G-MAN
Interpol Agent

Post by G-MAN »

Pm'd you both.

nd506
Young Farmer

Re: Godzilla vs Megalon International/MST3k HD G-MAN Reconstruction/Edit NOW AVAILABLE

Post by nd506 »

send a link please