Godzilla vs. Biollante - Servanov EOST HD Reconstruction (ON TEMPORARY PAUSE)

A place for users to show off their creativity in the forms of art, music, movies or games.
Servanov
Monsterland Worker

Re: Godzilla vs. Biollante - Servanov EOST HD Reconstruction (COMING SOON)

Post by Servanov »

Yes, it is. It's about 90% done and then onto polishing and such. It's been on the backburner for a little bit because of a project me and RedMenace are working on.

ultrase7en
Samurai

Post by ultrase7en »

Can't wait to check this out!

anzilla
Samurai

Post by anzilla »

I was just thinking about this project, hope to see it and the other, bigger, project soon!
"Oh no, there goes Tokyo..."
https://damoviemaestro.tumblr.com/

Servanov
Monsterland Worker

Post by Servanov »

anzilla wrote:I was just thinking about this project, hope to see it and the other, bigger, project soon!
Thanks for the interest! Actually, I just finished color correcting the final un-corrected shot, meaning from here it's only going over the mistakes and sanding and polishing. I'm actually probably gonna have to redo a lot of the shots I've already EOST'ed because halfway through this project I discovered the magic of AI upscaling, so I'm gonna do as much as is possible with that. But thankfully, it's very close to done!

anzilla
Samurai

Post by anzilla »

Sounds awesome! Can't wait to see this! The hours upon hours of my childhood, watching this print on a well-worn VHS tape...looking forward to doing that again as a 30-something with blu-ray player. :)

Btw, what will be the audio options/sources on this bad boy?
"Oh no, there goes Tokyo..."
https://damoviemaestro.tumblr.com/

Servanov
Monsterland Worker

Post by Servanov »

anzilla wrote:Btw, what will be the audio options/sources on this bad boy?
I plan on having the two audio options from the Blu-Ray, plus, a commentary from me about some history of the film and creation of the project. If I can find sources for alternative mixes and such, I will also include those.

ultrase7en
Samurai

Post by ultrase7en »

Hey Servanov, how's the recon progressing?
Last edited by ultrase7en on Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Servanov
Monsterland Worker

Post by Servanov »

ultrase7en wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:00 pm Hey Servanov, how's the recon progressing?
Unfortunate news, I know I said that the project was close to completion. I'm coming back on the forum with a low-hanging head at the moment because I have to restart most of the work. I can't point to any certain thing that caused this, although it suspiciously happened when I switched over to Premiere 2020, which is forcing me to go back and redo about 80% of the work I've done on the project. It's not all bad, however. Since about 70% of the film was color corrected using Dr. Dre's matching algorithm, I can re-use a lot of those LUTs for the second go-around. Additionally, looking back at some of the work I did on the first time, I see that there are some glaring mistakes (i.e. the font for the titles was incorrect). One of the biggest changes on the second pass I'm doing is I've finally begun using AI upscaling for a lot of the SD footage, which makes a big, big difference in the final image.

So, hopefully, for round two, I'll be able to build on the work I did on the first attempt, and then give all of you a very high quality reconstruction. Thank you very much for understanding, and I hope to complete round 2 quickly! Thanks and stay safe.

AbudJasemAlBaldawi
Monarch Researcher

Post by AbudJasemAlBaldawi »

Servanov wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:42 pm So, hopefully, for round two, I'll be able to build on the work I did on the first attempt, and then give all of you a very high quality reconstruction. Thank you very much for understanding, and I hope to complete round 2 quickly! Thanks and stay safe.
Damn, that's terrible but I'm glad for you that you can redo it quicker. I just watched your RoG reconstruction, fire!
What do you believe in, heaven or hell?
You don't believe in heaven 'cause we're livin' in hell...

smagal
Samurai

Re: Godzilla vs. Biollante - Servanov EOST HD Reconstruction

Post by smagal »

Any news on the project?

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Believe me, I've been there. It's a bummer, and I'm sorry. But don't hang your head- most people that hit a setback like that just quit. You're not. That's something to be proud of!
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

anzilla
Samurai

Post by anzilla »

Bummer.......but as they say, all good things to those who wait. I will be patiently awaiting still, and cheering you on from the digital bleachers!

Godzilla@1
Ronin

Post by Godzilla@1 »

I really want a link to this Godzilla vs. Biollante - Servanov EOST HD Reconstruction project. This looks super cool.

tbuick6
Ronin

Post by tbuick6 »

I hope this project is back on track. I check her regularly in hopes of seeing it finally completed. This will be awesome and surely worth the wait.

AtomicZilla
Young Farmer

Post by AtomicZilla »

Hope everything is coming along nicely! Can't wait to eventually see this (hopefully)

MONSTER MANIC
Samurai

Post by MONSTER MANIC »

Any updates?