King Kong vs. Godzilla and Mothra vs. Godzilla Hybrid Fan-Edits

A place for users to show off their creativity in the forms of art, music, movies or games.
Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

King Kong vs. Godzilla and Mothra vs. Godzilla Hybrid Fan-Edits

Post by Zarm »

King Kong vs. Godzilla: The Hybrid Cut is, as the name suggests, a blending of the Japanese and American cuts- in this case, with a primary focus on the Japanese version, but utilizing the U.S. submarine scene and ending fight. Both Japanese and American blu-rays are used as the source, and both the overly-blue-and-dark American master and overly-bright-and-yellow Japanese master are corrected to the best happy medium that the footage will currently support.

The edit sports the new, accurate subtitles created from the German release, and numerous FX fixes; reducing bluescreen fringing, getting rid of those pesky bluescreen shadows when torches and spears are being thrown, and a few others... plus a brand new scene, created from original elements, to facilitate the restructuring of the early scenes for the sub changes.

This has been a labor of love that took almost a year to complete, and I hope you enjoy it!

Mothra vs. Godzilla: The Hybrid Cut is, as the name suggests, a blending of the Japanese and American cuts- in this case, adding the Frontier Missile scene into the subtitled Japanese film. HD source (including the missile scene) is Red Menace’s excellent reconstruction! (Japanese-exclusive shots are upscaled SD).

In addition, the edit sports improved subtitles, color correction, and several FX fixes.

Links to both are available by PM.
Last edited by Zarm on Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

GodzillaBurgh
G-Force Personnel

Re: King Kong vs. Godzilla and Mothra vs. Godzilla Hybrid Fan-Edits

Post by GodzillaBurgh »

For whatever reason, I need to sign into Microsoft OneDrive to download. Is there a way to download from MEGA?
"Just as you distrust us, so we distrust others as well. It's wrong. We're all human. As humans we are responsible to each other. We are related. Refuse us, and you will abandon your brothers. We must learn to help each other."
- Sakai, Godzilla vs. The Thing

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Hmmmm. I will look into that. Sorry!
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

cmdmstudios
JXSDF Technician

Post by cmdmstudios »

I would suggest making these links only available through PMs. You don't need Toho coming down on you.
Well, that's certainly a thing.

"Well, you see, the Higgs Bison is the friendliest species of the water buffalo."