Godzilla: Omniverse [V.0.13 BETA Update]

A place for users to show off their creativity in the forms of art, music, movies or games.
DESTROYAHofWORLDS
Ronin

Re: Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters REDUX

Post by DESTROYAHofWORLDS »

Hey man, I like what I see with this project. However, when I boot mine up, it gives of this message.

D3DXCompile failed - result

at gml_Script_gfx_bloom_get
############################################################################################
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
stack frame is
gml_Script_gfx_bloom_get (line 0)
gml_Object_oshd_bloom_Draw_77

Is there something I'm doing wrong or is it the game? Thank you for reading.

kaijufanforever
G-Force Personnel

Post by kaijufanforever »

will this game be available for a Chromebook?

_MHG_
GPN Volunteer

Post by _MHG_ »

DESTROYAHofWORLDS wrote:Hey man, I like what I see with this project. However, when I boot mine up, it gives of this message.

D3DXCompile failed - result

at gml_Script_gfx_bloom_get
############################################################################################
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
stack frame is
gml_Script_gfx_bloom_get (line 0)
gml_Object_oshd_bloom_Draw_77

Is there something I'm doing wrong or is it the game? Thank you for reading.
To remedy this, first try updating your graphic card drivers to the latest version. Failing that, and if you're up to it, try re-installing your graphic card drivers and again making sure that they're updated to their latest version.
kaijufanforever wrote:will this game be available for a Chromebook?
I am able to only release on Windows, macOS, and Ubuntu. I believe Chromebooks use Chrome OS, so one can assume it won't work on that. Don't have any way to make it work on ChromeOS for the time being, but if anything comes up, I'll update.
Last edited by _MHG_ on Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

_MHG_
GPN Volunteer

Post by _MHG_ »

June 30, 2020 Progress Report

. A last minute resolution and performance handling issue came up and needed to deal with that. Didn't exactly get the result I wanted, but its close enough and works now. But can't release today as originally planned, unfortunately.
. Some additional chunk debugging might be in order to try and stamp out as many glitches as possible.
. Will roll-out in the coming next few days, and no later than this Sunday.

Ironcarnage101
GPN Volunteer

Post by Ironcarnage101 »

Sorry if I'm a bit behind, but will this be the update that includes G98, Kong, and Death Ghidorah?

_MHG_
GPN Volunteer

Post by _MHG_ »

^ Yes, that would be v. 0.11 that's due this week.

kaijufanforever
G-Force Personnel

Quick question, will Zone Fighter kaiju be added? just wondering

_MHG_
GPN Volunteer

Post by _MHG_ »

^ Addition of any new monsters, regardless of which ones, will be discussed once 0.11 is rolled out.

kaijufanforever
G-Force Personnel

NoName wrote:^ Addition of any new monsters, regardless of which ones, will be discussed once 0.11 is rolled out.
got it

airforce111
Interpol Agent

Post by airforce111 »

nice cant wait!

_MHG_
GPN Volunteer

Re: Godzilla: Omniverse

Post by _MHG_ »

July 2020 Progress Report:

. V. 0.11 released. See OP. Premium build will follow shortly.
. V. 0.12 in progress.
. May possibly switch back to bi-monthly update schedule (once per two month period). Will depend on how quickly the sprite work progresses.
. The priority now is to get the new sprites for V. 0.12 monsters done as quickly as possible.

For 0.12;

The following are confirmed entries:
. Monsterverse Ghidorah - sprite work proper in progress. About one-third completed currently.
. G19
. MGB
. Godzilla Filius
. From Battle Legends: MG II, Battra Larva and Battra Imago.

Additional new entries are doable, but undetermined at the moment.

Planned items:
. Controller support (P1 and P2 currently, might include P3 and P4 in a later update).
. Versus mode - classic and team.

Note that anything is subject to change.

More to come.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Great to hear! Love the new name too.

Quick question though because I'm stupid/can't remember, who's MGB?

RIP Evan.

Ironcarnage101
GPN Volunteer

Post by Ironcarnage101 »

Oh boy! this game will be awesome when it's complete!

airforce111
Interpol Agent

Post by airforce111 »

awesome, its patreon then?

Kaiju Fan
Ronin

Post by Kaiju Fan »

Hi NoName! Awesome update, can tell that you put a lot of work into it! Just had two quick questions: What does the flashing claw icon mean? I figured out that the red icon is your "Fury" move, but what does the flashing claw mean? And does the computer randomly choose between 1on1/Team battles in Arcade mode? It seems like some battles are single battles, and others are team. Is there an option for me to pick a team if so? Can I choose to just do 1on1 battles, or is everything random?

_MHG_
GPN Volunteer

Post by _MHG_ »

Thank you all for the input.

A few points:

. It seems 0.11a will need to be rolled out soon. The rank sorter was just left as is which is why the sorting is lop-sided. This will need to be corrected so it's more balanced. Better yet - an option will be added to turn off rank sorting. Team selection for arcade mode was also left out because the selection logistics are not in place yet. Some additional debugging and adjustments will also be needed. More than likely, 0.11a will be pushed alongside the premium build. It may take about a week or two. 0.11a will address these issues.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Great to hear! Love the new name too.

That would be the Anime Mechagodzilla. MGB is just my preferred name which is short for "Mechagodzilla Bilusiludo". I could call him AMG, but I don't like that acronym nor the title "Anime Mechagodzilla".

airforce111 wrote:awesome, its patreon then?
Can't say anything right now. More info once 0.11a is out.
Kaiju Fan wrote:Hi NoName! Awesome update, can tell that you put a lot of work into it! Just had two quick questions: What does the flashing claw icon mean? I figured out that the red icon is your "Fury" move, but what does the flashing claw mean? And does the computer randomly choose between 1on1/Team battles in Arcade mode? It seems like some battles are single battles, and others are team. Is there an option for me to pick a team if so? Can I choose to just do 1on1 battles, or is everything random?
Flashing claw icon is grab. Grabs are essentially high-powered freebies due to grab-locking, so needed to be regulated. Might be useful to show each of the three icons in the key setup menu. The solo/team battles are decided by the rank sorter which was implemented and checked for bugs to make sure it worked correctly, but the parameters were not set properly which is why its so erratic. Just a side note that the rank sorter works by comparing your character's rank and your opponent's rank. If there is no difference, you get a 1v1. If there is a difference, with you being of a higher rank than the enemy, the sorter adds additional monsters to balance it out. If your enemy is stronger than you, you don't get any backup (for the time being!).

The parameters simply need to be adjusted to balance things more fairly, and possibly display any team balancing information. I'll include an option to turn off rank sorting so that fights are strictly limited to as one-to-one arrangements. This will essentially cause difficulty to be determined by the character(s) selected.
Last edited by _MHG_ on Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:54 am, edited 3 times in total.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

NoName wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Great to hear! Love the new name too.

That would be the Anime Mechagodzilla. MGB is just my preferred name which is short for "Mechagodzilla Bilusiludo". I could call him AMG, but I don't like that acronym nor the title "Anime Mechagodzilla".
Ah! I see. Thought it was a Mechagodzilla. I much prefer that name now too.

Great to hear he's being added!

RIP Evan.

Kaiju Fan
Ronin

Post by Kaiju Fan »

NoName: Ah ok, thanks! Yeah, the ranking thing is the only thing that I dislike so far. It's fine if it is just a one-on-one fight (or if you're better at playing the game than I am, I suppose), but it is a bit problematic in certain fights. I was just playing the game again, as Godzilla 70's, and had to fight a trio of Flying Hedorah, Biollante, and Shin Godzilla, all with one life bar, and all in one round (for some reason, when you do a team battle, it only lasts one round and then it kicks you to the Game Over screen before trying again). It's essentially a Survival match at that point, which would be fine in that kind of setting, but makes it a bit difficult for me to progress through Arcade at times.

Other than that, everything else is good so far! I love how Godzilla 70's can fly with his breath, that's a nice touch lol

Oh, and I did find a glitch - when you are fighting someone, and either abort the fight, or lose, and choose to return to the Battle Select screen, the game crashes when you try to load the next fight.
Last edited by Kaiju Fan on Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Infinity
Monarch Researcher

Post by Infinity »

I'm afraid there are one too many glitches and bugs with this public release and these must be corrected. I will try and point out as many as I can:

Bugs and Glitches.

1, No music for G54
2, Several instances of game just hanging up

3, Several instances of empty pool slot errors (G54 vs SKG, G75 vs MKG and SKG vs G80s)

4, Several instances of the A.I hanging up or stuttering into a loop frenzy. Most notably Megalon, Moguera and G90s.

Important suggestions:

1, Adjust the grappling limit to allow grapple if grapple was missed or countered by the opponent. Also, reduce time for grapple to refill, as certain characters like Godzilla 60s and Godzilla 70s require it for fury in the midst of a close battle.

2, Beam duration tends to be automatic for certain characters like G54. This needs to be entirely in the control of how long the player holds down the attack button.

3, Beam attacks and other primary special attacks should be set to Heavy attack on button combinations, not Light attack. Its counter intuitive.

Ironcarnage101
GPN Volunteer

Post by Ironcarnage101 »

Ah, also what do you mean by the newer monsters not being playable? Like I get I couldn't select them in the menu but why is that?