Godzilla: Omniverse [V.0.13 BETA Update]

A place for users to show off their creativity in the forms of art, music, movies or games.
airforce111
Interpol Agent

Re: Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters REDUX

Post by airforce111 »

any chance we can receive a private demo if we donate a certain amount? Kind of like patreon rewards/tiers?

_MHG_
GPN Volunteer

Post by _MHG_ »

airforce111 wrote:any chance we can receive a private demo if we donate a certain amount? Kind of like patreon

rewards/tiers?
At this stage, there is too much interconnectedness between the various elements of the project, and some of those elements remain unfinished. Giving out anything right now would be like giving a car with dysfunctional brakes. It'll work, but you'll run into critical issues very soon. Fortunately, the team-play feature is the only item left in the to-do list, and the easiest since it does not require any graphical considerations (especially in terms of performance testing). Once the team-play element is complete, and the demo video out, only updating the previous roster will remain. All of this will take a bit of time, but I'm feeling more confident in the pace of progress, especially once team-play is in where interruption mechanics will have been taken care of fully.

As far as any financial rewards system is concerned, I prefer not to discuss until release of 0.11.

Also, re-posting Kong demo since new page:

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Thoughts on Ray Tracing & HDR?

_MHG_
GPN Volunteer

Post by _MHG_ »

^
Unlikely at this stage. I only have surface-level knowledge on either. Post-processing bloom is the next best thing I suppose. Its there, but I've chosen not to expand in the proper combat portions until performance has been tested.

_MHG_
GPN Volunteer

Post by _MHG_ »

February, 2020 Progress Report:

. All major components of "Multi-Pool" team system done. Minor components still need to be fine tuned though.
. Some existing characters who will appear in Multi-pool gameplay demo will need to be updated with their Furies and other compatibility changes.
. Demo vid to be released later in the month, but may possibly stretch to March.

Also, preview of G19:

In-game preview of G19 in "burning" state for his Fury. Final results may vary:

That's all for now. More to come.

MrGameguy
EDF Instructor

Post by MrGameguy »

It makes me wish we can like posts...
Originally known as TourettesGigan.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Loving the air distortion effect from his body heat.

Ironcarnage101
GPN Volunteer

Post by Ironcarnage101 »

Oh damn, just saw some of the gameplay! Amazing dude! The sprites are incredible! And they have the same Art-Style! Which was something I hated about some other certain fan games... ANYWAYS, I'm so hyped to see Miregoji!
Last edited by Ironcarnage101 on Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

airforce111
Interpol Agent

Post by airforce111 »

its got a proper fighting system too, and mechanics, which some fan games really lack and I really dislike. It seems they care more about quantity over quality, but this game looks balanced very well.

MireGojira
Monsterland Worker

Post by MireGojira »

Ironcarnage101 wrote:Oh damn, just saw some of the gameplay! Amazing dude! The sprites are incredible! And they have the same Art-Style! Which was something I hated about some other certain fan games... ANYWAYS, I'm so hyped to see Miregoji!
When was there any news of Miregoji being in the game? Just that I like to see Miregoji in the game too.

Ironcarnage101
GPN Volunteer

Post by Ironcarnage101 »

NoName wrote:Thank you SuperBurningGodzilla.

G2K is included in the character pipeline and will be made, though a bit later.
Quoted from earlier on, specifically page 2.

_MHG_
GPN Volunteer

Post by _MHG_ »

March 2020 Monthly Progress Report

. Multi-Pool Team system completed. Minor bugs pending.
. Additional necessary rewrites done to streamline behavior programming moving forward. Fortunately, I don't expect any other major rewrites for this update at this time.
. Essentially, the key item that remains for this update is simply updating the old characters with their Fury attacks and additional behaviors for some of them. Some complexities here of course, but mostly to do with getting new visuals and sounds rather than with the coding part.
. Video for multi-pool gameplay below. Though there were some issues, I didn't feel like re-recording again, especially when a second video is intended.

More to come.
Last edited by _MHG_ on Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kaiju Fan
Ronin

Post by Kaiju Fan »

Hey NoName, I'm usually a lurker around these parts, but I was trying to play the GDAMR demo, and I've been getting this error message at the stage select screen (when you can choose whom you want to fight), and then the game crashes. Any idea as of why?

"FATAL ERROR in Vertex Shader compilation
ShaderName: shd_bloom

D3DXCompile failed - result

at gml_Script_gfx_bloom_get
############################################################################################
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
stack frame is
gml_Script_gfx_bloom_get (line 0)
gml_Object_oshd_bloom_Draw_77"

_MHG_
GPN Volunteer

Post by _MHG_ »

Can you check if your graphic card drivers and DirectX are updated? If they are already updated and it still doesn't work, or it doesn't get past the opponent select even after updating, let me know.
Last edited by _MHG_ on Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kaiju Fan
Ronin

Post by Kaiju Fan »

NoName wrote:Can you check if your graphic card drivers and DirectX are updated? If they are already updated and it still doesn't work, or it doesn't get past the opponent select even after updating, let me know.
Just made everything is updated on here, and that Windows 10 is fully updated, and still having the same problem, unfortunately.

_MHG_
GPN Volunteer

Post by _MHG_ »

Ok I'll need to make a change to the legacy editable. Will get back soon.
Last edited by _MHG_ on Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kaiju Fan
Ronin

Post by Kaiju Fan »

NoName wrote:Ok I'll need to make a change to the legacy editable. Will get back soon.
No problem, appreciate it!

Also, hate to ask and be a bother, but any idea on a release date for the next updated version?

Ironcarnage101
GPN Volunteer

Post by Ironcarnage101 »

Yeah, I'm sorry if I'm being annoying, but when I click the download link on page 1, it directs me to a page that says the download has been taken down.
Last edited by Ironcarnage101 on Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

_MHG_
GPN Volunteer

Post by _MHG_ »

Ok so the vertex shader error isn't an issue. Unfortunately, some other problem crops up and I can't remember why, and I don't know which of the many legacy editables was used to create the bug-free executable. I don't think it is worthwhile to debug it when V 0.11 will be out in the coming few months.

My guess is new hardware doesn't agree with the old shader. Probably should have had an option to turn it off, but I suppose I'll do this in the current build.

Posting the link to the executable I have, and in OP: https://app.box.com/s/fkyvruoinn6f0047u8b6es9qtg760ck2

Might work, might not, but in any case, its about to be replaced soon anyway.
Last edited by _MHG_ on Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ironcarnage101
GPN Volunteer

Post by Ironcarnage101 »

Alright so I managed to download it! (I'm loving it man) And I have 2 questions : 1. Are the other monsters, e.g. Kong, Zilla, Death Ghidorah unlockable after you beat arcade mode in the current build you recently gave? 2. What are the controls to fire a beam weapon? I'm pressing enter and it gives me these weird keyboard thingies, e.g. hd, dh, etc. That's all, thanks.