New Fan Made Godzilla Manga In Works (Continues Showa Era)

A place for users to show off their creativity in the forms of art, music, movies or games.
TyrantGojira
EDF Instructor

Re: New Godzilla Manga In Works (Continues From Showa Era)

Post by TyrantGojira »

KaijuX wrote:The first invasion takes place 5 years after ToMG, then the main story begins 10 years after that. So the story actually starts in 1990.
Wait, but DAM takes place in 1999, so the Godzilla in DAM is Minilla?
(my head has suddenly been blown to bits) :dizzy:
"Am I glad he's frozen in there and that we're out here, and that he's the sheriff, and that we're frozen out here, and that we're in there and I just remembered we're out here. What I wanna know is where's the caveman?"

gojira012
Interpol Agent

Post by gojira012 »

TyrantGojira wrote:
KaijuX wrote:The first invasion takes place 5 years after ToMG, then the main story begins 10 years after that. So the story actually starts in 1990.
Wait, but DAM takes place in 1999, so the Godzilla in DAM is Minilla?
(my head has suddenly been blown to bits) :dizzy:

Don't lose sleep over it DAM was basically a what if story anyway.

Also Do you think they'll use 90's era monsters in this?

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

Didn't someone already confirm this was from an existing manga short story, and a hoax, or did I misread that from earlier?

Sounds like people are replying without reading the full topic (or that someone needs to update the first topic mentioning the new information).
If it bites... don't mess with it!

gojira012
Interpol Agent

Post by gojira012 »

So is this a serial?

ebirahsmeg1
Gotengo Officer

Post by ebirahsmeg1 »

From gojira012 in another thread:
Honestly, I was really intrigued by the possibility of a new Japanese G manga (there have been none during the entire time I've lived in Japan), and the plot idea surrounding this (i.e. a grown up Minilla) sounded unique and original...but now that I learned that this is most likely just a fan made/doujin project, I'm pretty disappointed and my interest has dissipated :|

Hellspawn28 wrote:
gojira012 wrote: I wonder. Why try to continue Showa?

It's the most popular Godzilla era and the era that people grow up with. Too bad this is fan made, but I kinda knew it was fake.
Not to mention the fact that it would actually be new and fresh to see the showa era explored in an official comic. Seriously, just look at the Dark Horse and the most recent IDW comics....literally *every* one of these comics is based off of either heisei or millennium Godzilla designs...it gets pretty dull/repetitive after awhile when artists only exclusively use these two designs. It would be nice and refreshing to see more showa-era stuff incorporated into these comics, such as seeing a Mosu-Goji style Godzilla in an IDW comic. I think part of the reason is that many writers/artists who work on the official comics are "casual" fans at best (and Powell proved in many comments that he wasn't even a casual fan) and probably concern themselves with only the recent films for reference. I doubt we'll ever see some major showa stuff in any "official" non-fan made comics, but kudos for Eggleton for at least incorporating some Showa designs here and there into his cover artwork for the IDW books (GLegends #5 with the G62 suit comes to mind).
GIANT CONDOR!!!!!!!! :shock:

"Someone kick me, kick me hard! We're stupid." - Corn on the cob eatin' Hippie (Godzilla vs Gigan)

Mr. X
Keizer

Post by Mr. X »

Legion1979 wrote:
ebirahsmeg1 wrote: I think part of the reason is that many writers/artists who work on the official comics are "casual" fans at best (and Powell proved in many comments that he wasn't even a casual fan) and probably concern themselves with only the recent films for reference.
Actually, I've heard that the designs the artists use are entirely up to Toho.
^ He's right.

I believe Zornow wanted to use Showa Ghidorah on him cover for KOM #5, but Toho made him change it. And I'm pretty sure that wasn't the first/last time Toho interfered with the art, either.
G2000 wrote:
2004Zilla wrote:May God have mercy on this site.
He's given up
2009MECHAGODZILLA wrote:
G2000 wrote:What about leeks? Can we post leeks?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... 3/Leek.jpg
http://orig02.deviantart.net/f900/f/201 ... 9nqjrv.png

gojira012
Interpol Agent

Post by gojira012 »

You know I think those pictures in the manga of Godzilla falling apart is intended to be showa's version of the Burning Godzilla death

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

ebirahsmeg1 wrote:Honestly, I was really intrigued by the possibility of a new Japanese G manga (there have been none during the entire time I've lived in Japan), and the plot idea surrounding this (i.e. a grown up Minilla) sounded unique and original...but now that I learned that this is most likely just a fan made/doujin project, I'm pretty disappointed and my interest has dissipated :|
Yeah... and I'm going to edit the title and move this to the Fan Art section to avoid further confusion. Looking at that page, it looks like they just reuse the Millennium Godzilla look too (so if they are continuing from the Showa but using Millennium designs... kind of odd).
If it bites... don't mess with it!

antovald20
Terminated
Terminated

Re: New Fan Made Godzilla Manga In Works (Continues Showa Er

Post by antovald20 »

Is there any way to see more images of this manga?
"Continuity gotta love it. :D"- antovald20

EVERY KAIJU FAN SHOULD CHECK THIS OUT! HIT THE LINK BELOW!
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Nxd7cleqz74

GODZILLA VS GAMERA! THE ULTIMATE BATTLE IS FINALLY HERE! CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO SEE
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iMOl-amah8w

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Re: New Fan Made Godzilla Manga In Works (Continues Showa Er

Post by Beef Bigshot »

kinda sad its fan made. its also sad we dont see any showa era designs anymore. as sometimes painful as they can be, it would be cool to see a more goofy looking godzilla like the 65/64 one walkin around beatin the crap out of some other showa like monsters.
Resized Image

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Re: New Fan Made Godzilla Manga In Works (Continues Showa Era)

Post by Jermobooka »

The answer to my question was literally two posts down lmao. Deleted.
Last edited by Jermobooka on Fri Jul 16, 2021 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

LegendZilla
Sazer

Re: New Fan Made Godzilla Manga In Works (Continues Showa Era)

Post by LegendZilla »

Wanting to turn Minya into a badass in one thing, but there's one problem. Your story is supposed to take place 5 years after TOMG with an adult Minya, but he was still depicted as a child in 1999. Unless Godzilla's species age slower than humans.