Ideas, Advice and Suggestions Thread

A board for users to display their created fiction. Creating a separate topic for comments is suggested.

Moderator: GodzillavsJason

Genjira Overwatch
Yojimbo

Re: Ideas, Advice and Suggestions Thread

Postby Genjira Overwatch » Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:04 am

People, I need advice for a character arc I'm trying to write for a comic that may or may not be published.
Here's the facts.

Gabriel Ironwood
Parents: Unknown, but Kaiju Safeguard and Research Institute (KSRI) officer David Reynolds is his adoptive father.
Profession: Pilot for KSRI unit MFS-3 Kiryu
Relationship status: dating
S/O: Erin Moone, KSRI Biology dept. agent

I DON'T want him to be a one dimesnional character, and I need him to have some sort of personal struggle that makes him favorable to the reader. I thought about making it about his missing parents, but it seemed too much like Akane Yashiro's character arc in GXMG. I also thought about a more close relationsip with Kiryu as a sentient being, maybe the killing of kaiju that used to be Kiryu's allies leaves a divide between pilot and machine, but I don't know if that's exactly a good idea.
I need help :freak:
Am I still on? Er, well, we now return you to... Whatever it was you were doing....
Idiots.

Vakanai
JXSDF Technician

Postby Vakanai » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:31 am

Genjira Overwatch wrote:People, I need advice for a character arc I'm trying to write for a comic that may or may not be published.
Here's the facts.

Gabriel Ironwood
Parents: Unknown, but Kaiju Safeguard and Research Institute (KSRI) officer David Reynolds is his adoptive father.
Profession: Pilot for KSRI unit MFS-3 Kiryu
Relationship status: dating
S/O: Erin Moone, KSRI Biology dept. agent

I DON'T want him to be a one dimesnional character, and I need him to have some sort of personal struggle that makes him favorable to the reader. I thought about making it about his missing parents, but it seemed too much like Akane Yashiro's character arc in GXMG. I also thought about a more close relationsip with Kiryu as a sentient being, maybe the killing of kaiju that used to be Kiryu's allies leaves a divide between pilot and machine, but I don't know if that's exactly a good idea.
I need help :freak:

Depends on what kind of story you want to tell, and the length. I'd skip anything too complicated or reliant on a personal back story. Make his motive something seen in the story. Have him crippled in a fight and make him want vengeance. If he's dating, have his girlfriend have a major role in his life, maybe she's his superior officer or boss or whatever. What's his relationship with his adoptive father like? Dig in, expand, get in his head and his world and then the story ideas should come easier.

Anyways, onto my own questions - would this section be the right place to put my thoughts on a Godzilla cartoon I would love to see and typed a bunch of ideas about?
Last edited by Vakanai on Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Always, *always* proofread, typos are Hedorah.
If you discover you have made a typo, *always* correct it.
Trust me.

Godzilla vs Kong: Kong won't die. He might win, he might lose, but he will survive.

Some netiquette:
1. If you don't want to be rude, *ask* me before you sig me.

G2000
E.S.P.Spy

Postby G2000 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:15 am

Vakanai wrote:Anyways, onto my own questions - would this section be the right place to put my thoughts on a Godzilla cartoon I would love to see and typed a bunch of ideas about?

If you'd like, but I'm half-certain this section is mostly dead
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

Vakanai
JXSDF Technician

Postby Vakanai » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:04 am

G2000 wrote:
Vakanai wrote:Anyways, onto my own questions - would this section be the right place to put my thoughts on a Godzilla cartoon I would love to see and typed a bunch of ideas about?

If you'd like, but I'm half-certain this section is mostly dead

Is there a better section then?
Always, *always* proofread, typos are Hedorah.
If you discover you have made a typo, *always* correct it.
Trust me.

Godzilla vs Kong: Kong won't die. He might win, he might lose, but he will survive.

Some netiquette:
1. If you don't want to be rude, *ask* me before you sig me.

G2000
E.S.P.Spy

Postby G2000 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:09 am

Vakanai wrote:Is there a better section then?

Not really, but the Post and Pitch Wishlist Godzilla Film Titles and Concepts thread in the General Toho Films section might be slightly more high-visibility
Last edited by G2000 on Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:31 am, edited 3 times in total.
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

Return to “Fan Fiction”