Pokemon Game Discussion 2.0

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

Re: Pokemon Game Discussion 2.0

Post by HeiseiGodzilla117 »

Well, I'm excited as I am with any Pokemon release. But I gotta say, I was hoping for something that would break the mold. We have a game on the Switch. Why can't this be more free roaming without fixed camera angles? It doesn't have to be totally open world (though, I would love that). But give us a little more. Moving a main series game to a console instead of the handheld 3ds should result in some pretty drastic changes.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I think the main issue, whether we want to admit this or not, is that he Pokemon Company is used to developing handheld games. Despite everything being a massive graphical improvement, from Let’s Go, and especially Sun and Moon, people aren’t admitting it’s a big upgrade. Rather, it falls flat compared to other switch games.

Also, note that the game is “still in development” and that “gameplay footage is not final”. There’s still plenty of time to finish some of those textures. I actually think the city and caves shown in the trailer look great, but everything else, like the grasslands look bad. Give them time and shit should be fine.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

Okay the new starters grew on me a lot. Sobble is by far my favorite. Grookey is alright

I still hate Scorbunny with a burning passion.
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

Missingno.
G-Grasper

Post by Missingno. »

My personal takeaways from the reveal:

* The general look of the game seems to be much closer to what I (and I'm sure many others) have wanted to see for a very long time; seems to be very similar to that Colosseum and XD
* The starters seem to be very.. Dull, in my opinion, which leads to to feel that this will be yet another generation of weak designs. I get that the starters were the only new faces shown, but those alone do not excite me in any way. I can only hope that there are some redeeming creatures in this region, and plenty overall (not the lousy 60-70 that both Gens 6 & 7 introduced)

I'd like for the move animations to be similar to those that were present in Colosseum/XD/Battle Revolution (and they did look to be as such), and that the games will be very open in terms of exploring and scenery. Other than that, doesn't seem to be much to say that hasn't been seen before.
TK's resident other 1980's fan who longs for that decade's return, and severe weather fanatic.
LSD Jellyfish wrote:WOW WHAT HONOL. SO KOOR, VERY JOUZU KAWAII SOU DESU NE. AHHHH OKII CHINKO DESU KA. MMMMM CHICHI, WATSHI NO MANKO NI CHINKO O IKYUUUUUUUU
NEVER FORGET:
8-8-2015
R.I.P. Games forum
Resized ImageResized Image
The 80's----The weather!

MikeSTZillak
JXSDF Technician

Post by MikeSTZillak »

Just curious, do any of you guys think that a Pokemon/Phantasm crossover would work?
Resized Image
#IStandwithVic
#Pro-Life

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

After this, Generation 9 should be set in a desert sending.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

LegendZilla wrote:After this, Generation 9 should be set in a desert sending.
why?

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Godzillian wrote:
why?
oh, sorry I forgot to mention, I think that a future game should be set in a colder, Scandinavian-type setting, followed by a desert.

Ben Shapiro
Interpol Agent

Post by Ben Shapiro »

LegendZilla wrote:
Godzillian wrote:
why?
oh, sorry I forgot to mention, I think that a future game should be set in a colder, Scandinavian-type setting, followed by a desert.
Ah yes, thanks for the clarification, makes so much more sense now.
Facts don't care about your feelings

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Ben Shapiro wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:
Godzillian wrote: why?
Ah yes, thanks for the clarification, makes so much more sense now.
Are you the Ben Shapiro?

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

I like how you still haven't answered the initial question.

Ben Shapiro
Interpol Agent

Post by Ben Shapiro »

UltramanGoji wrote:I like how you still haven't answered the initial question.
I apologize.

Yes, I am thee Benjamin Aaron Shapiro.
Facts don't care about your feelings

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Ben Shapiro wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:I like how you still haven't answered the initial question.
I apologize.
Oh definitely not you lol.

Missingno.
G-Grasper

Post by Missingno. »

Wasn't there something of a desert region, though? You know, the Orre Region that was in Colosseum and XD: Gale of Darkness? Sure it was featured in side games, so why not just incorporate it to the core series?
TK's resident other 1980's fan who longs for that decade's return, and severe weather fanatic.
LSD Jellyfish wrote:WOW WHAT HONOL. SO KOOR, VERY JOUZU KAWAII SOU DESU NE. AHHHH OKII CHINKO DESU KA. MMMMM CHICHI, WATSHI NO MANKO NI CHINKO O IKYUUUUUUUU
NEVER FORGET:
8-8-2015
R.I.P. Games forum
Resized ImageResized Image
The 80's----The weather!

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

No region (ones that matter anyway) has been entirely one biome, though. Introducing a single environment region would be boring.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Different regions have had special features that have made them stand out:

Hoenn, route wise, has a lot of water, and a subtropical environment.

Sinnoh has a generally colder climate with a large mountain that bisects it.

Unova, in contrast to a lot of other games, has a lot more significantly large cities, and has more industrial sections.

Alola was a tropical region composed of four/five islands.

Yet all these regions have the same sortve biomes you’d expect, so that there can be a variety of areas and Pokémon.

Manuelito Canelito
G-Grasper

Post by Manuelito Canelito »

Can I say that the memes and jokes everyone keeps making have actually warmed me up to this generation?

Like, when it first was shown I despised it quite a bit, but after seeing the Scottish memes and stuff, I just find myself liking it.
All houses have the same. Roof. Floor. Walls. People yelling at you that they're calling the police because you broke into their house. It's only when you give them love that they truly become Home

MikeSTZillak
JXSDF Technician

Post by MikeSTZillak »

ManuJM1997 wrote:Can I say that the memes and jokes everyone keeps making have actually warmed me up to this generation?

Like, when it first was shown I despised it quite a bit, but after seeing the Scottish memes and stuff, I just find myself liking it.
Resized Image
Resized Image
#IStandwithVic
#Pro-Life

Smuggers
EDF Instructor

Post by Smuggers »

I personally thought the joke got old pretty fast, but maybe that's just me being a grumpy Englishman and seeing how most of them are just "This is how Americans think Scottish people talk" instead of it being more accurate.
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.
goji89 wrote:Its common courtesy to ask people if they can be quoted.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

New Pokémon mechanic is basically Kaiju fights. Make the Pokémon gigantic and they fight.