Pokemon Game Discussion 2.0

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
UltramanGoji

Re: Pokemon Game Discussion 2.0

Post by UltramanGoji »

Yawn. More pandering to Gen 1 that I could do without.

I would say "wake me when Gen 8 is shown", but they're probably just gonna pull an XY/SM and have only 50 new Pokemon outnumbered by old mons.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

WOW, Nintendo went absolutely nuts with the Pokemon. The Pikachu & Eevee games, something called "Pokemon Quest" which is currently out on the Switch eShop, and core series titles still on the way for 2019. Not overly interested in the Pikachu & Eevee games, but the local co-op is a cool feature.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

UltramanGoji wrote:Yawn. More pandering to Gen 1 that I could do without.

I would say "wake me when Gen 8 is shown", but they're probably just gonna pull an XY/SM and have only 50 new Pokemon outnumbered by old mons.
I would consider 50 new Pokémon quite a lot, personally. I know they’ve had more before, but they must be running out of ideas by now. And anyway, Gen 1 is the shit, yo. Pander away!

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

UltramanGoji wrote:Yawn. More pandering to Gen 1 that I could do without.

This is definitely for the more casual audience who liked Pokemon Go.

I really look forward to Gen 8, mostly to see what new Pokemon come from it, but you might be right about getting another small batch this time. :|

Added in 1 day 53 minutes 14 seconds:
https://mobile.twitter.com/Seanbo124/st ... 6685430784
Space 97 Pokemon Gold has been leaked, we get a look at alot of unused Pokemon and the original opening!

^8:13 for gen 2!
Last edited by UltimateDitto on Wed May 30, 2018 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

UltimateDitto wrote:https://mobile.twitter.com/Seanbo124/st ... 6685430784
Space 97 Pokemon Gold has been leaked, we get a look at alot of unused Pokemon and the original opening!
[]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RH21GqMNZ3A[/]
[]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0MQWBcIZuck[/]
^8:13 for gen 2!
Wow, that's wild! Thanks for the share :) As much as I disliked the baby Pokemon clogging up the Gen 2 roster, I adore that Meowth pre-evo.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

^No problem. :D
Spoiler:
I just love this little guy! Maybe they could come back if we get a region based on India, or siberia, but I'm just doing some wishful thinking. :lol:
Probably would have used Pincir alot more if he evolved into that, I love that mask. I'm sure this became Heracross.
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

I ♡ Image

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Wow, this stuff is awesome. I wish they'd bring back cross-gen evos. Electivire, Magmortar and friends were so awesome when they were first revealed for Diamond and Pearl.

In fact, despite my earlier objections to Gen 1 pandering, I'd love a new Kanto remake (NOT this Pikachu and Eevee crap) that incorporates the new evolutions and also introduces brand new evolutions and Baby Pokemon to the region. Maybe revamp the region's layout and content like they did for Gold & Silver.

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

UltramanGoji wrote:Wow, this stuff is awesome. I wish they'd bring back cross-gen evos. Electivire, Magmortar and friends were so awesome when they were first revealed for Diamond and Pearl.
I would love that too, actually I think these Pokemon are Tangela pre evo and beta Tangrowth!
Spoiler:
Along with most likely a beta Lickilicky.

Added in 3 hours 20 minutes 36 seconds:
https://mobile.twitter.com/Seanbo124/st ... 9166209024
More details! ↓
https://mobile.twitter.com/obskyr/statu ... 4276762625
The Beta map!
https://mobile.twitter.com/xJoelituh/st ... 7834212352
Added in 5 days 18 hours 46 minutes 7 seconds:
https://mobile.twitter.com/Barbie_E4/st ... 5832652800
Last edited by Demon Lord Gira on Thu May 31, 2018 4:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: so many pictures causes the page to lag when loading. Please hide so many of them behind spoilers next time.

I ♡ Image

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Interesting that Lugia is missing. Guess that adds to the rumors it was made specifically by the anime Staff

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Found this, figure you'd guys would love this.

Artist is Yuuki Morita.

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/mEnmy

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Grievous »

;)
The A.D.F Needs You! Join The Anguirus Defense Force via Private Message Today!

SoggyNoodles2016

Pokemon Sword And Shield

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Gen 8 revealed for switch!

I'm digging it. the Let's go werent really my thing but this looks like proper Pokemon. I like the London looking location and like the starters, though Sobble is clearly the superior choice. ;)

what do you guys think?

RIP Evan.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Re: Pokemon Sword And Shield

Post by Godzillian »

Very excited to finally be able to battle in a Stadium, haven't done that since the Pokemon Stadium days on N64. Gonna probably go with the water starter

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Post by Mr_Goji_and_Watch »

Looks like an upscaled Vita game
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

Manuelito Canelito
G-Grasper

Post by Manuelito Canelito »

Looks fine, but the starters are imo garbage
All houses have the same. Roof. Floor. Walls. People yelling at you that they're calling the police because you broke into their house. It's only when you give them love that they truly become Home

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

The region looks fantastic. Glad to see gyms back, and random encounters+traditional capture mechanics back too. There’s a lot of interesting geography in the region.

Starters are alright. Zero interest in Grookey, but Scorbunny and Sobble are cool. It’ll depend what their final evos are and typing.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

Damn those starters are horrid, I hope the final evos can save them
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

gottatalktothefake wrote:Damn those starters are horrid, I hope the final evos can save them
Usually I just dump them in a PC and pick a cooler Pokémon to use. I also think we’ve had far worse starters.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Smuggers
EDF Instructor

Post by Smuggers »

So, right off the bat.

I like:
-The general visual style. It's not mind blowing but after Let's Go rigidly sticking to the architecture of a GameBoy game, I'm satisfied for the most part.
-The starters. I think there's been worse trios and. First time in a long while the Water starter's been my favourite, usually go for Grass but Grookey doesn't have much drawing me to him atm. Ultimately it will depend on what they evolve into but these guys leave me optimistic.
-The Industrial England-inspired region. Always been something I've wanted to see but didn't think we'd get.

I Dislike:
-The fixed camera seemingly sticking around. You can play these games on a big HD screen now, let us have a little look about. Admittedly the camera does move around a bit but this is a trailer and a lot of the angles for when the player is running around are veeeeeery similar to what we saw in Sun & Moon.
-Random encounters returning. Seeing the Pokemon roaming the overworld was really the only addition to Let's Go I actually liked. Made the areas feel more alive and what we see here is a little emptier in comparison. Plus the encounter rates have gotten pretty silly in recent games when there's a ton of different Pokemon available on a single route.
-Some of the sound effects are ripped straight from the 3DS games and sound very compressed and tinny. I'm assuming they're placeholders.

Apart from that, just hope they tone down the amount of cutscenes in comparison to Sun & Moon and that it's not as easy as Let's Go. Overall I'm eager to see more and hope that this will be the first Pokemon game to actually satisfy people for a while.
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.
goji89 wrote:Its common courtesy to ask people if they can be quoted.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

The next game should have a desert-setting.