Prehistoric Kingdom: Scientifically Accurate Jurassic Park!

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Prehistoric Kingdom: Scientifically Accurate Jurassic Park!

Post by gottatalktothefake »

Trailer just released today, narrated by Nigel Marvin, and what he says about microraptors confirms it takes place in the same universe as Prehistoric Park.

Last edited by gottatalktothefake on Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

SoggyNoodles2016

Re: Prehistoric Kingdom: Scientifically Accurate Jurassic Park!

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Was following this development and was super interested, and it's looking really nice and polished. And anything with Nigel Marvin gets my seal of approval lol. Hoping it's not just the trailer, and he's the in game narrator too.

RIP Evan.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Cool a park simulator video game spinoff of the Walking With series? I'm down. You know a Primeval inspired DLC would be cool in the future. Hopefully its not as overly complicated as I hear Jurassic Park: Evolution is.
Last edited by Tyrant_Lizard_King on Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Great. ANOTHER park simulator. :roll:
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Was following this development and was super interested, and it's looking really nice and polished. And anything with Nigel Marvin gets my seal of approval lol. Hoping it's not just the trailer, and he's the in game narrator too.
Devs confirmed that he had more lines in the game and may or may not be a character within the campaign.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Is this a reskin of the Jurassic World game? Looks good regardless.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

_JNavs_ wrote:Is this a reskin of the Jurassic World game? Looks good regardless.
Nope. Independently developed original game.

No jw ties.

RIP Evan.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

_JNavs_ wrote:Is this a reskin of the Jurassic World game? Looks good regardless.
No, it’s a brand new game that’s been in development before JWE was even announced lol

Added in 1 minute 14 seconds:
Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:Cool a park simulator video game spinoff of the Walking With series? I'm down. You know a Primeval inspired DLC would be cool in the future. Hopefully its not as overly complicated as I hear Jurassic Park: Evolution is.
It’s not officially tied with the walking with series. also, Jurassic World Evolution is actually not complicated at all, who told you it was?
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

Post by Noble Saber »

General thoughts:

- Animal design and variety blows Jurassic World Evolution out of the water
- Nigel Marven is fucking hype. Devs on some king shit
- Love that smaller animals can get appropriate exhibit space and not be trapped behind a 20 foot tall electrical fence
- Hoping for a nice mix of Paleozoic fauna, which seems to be the era that gets most underrepresented in these types of game

This game has been in development for a very, very, VERY long time, but so far it looks like the wait is paying off. I'm very excited for this.
gottatalktothefake wrote: It’s not officially tied with the walking with series. also, Jurassic World Evolution is actually not complicated at all, who told you it was?
If anything, weren't the actual park building simulator aspects of it fairly underdeveloped? PK seems like a true return to form to the early Zoo Tycoon games and whatnot.
Last edited by Noble Saber on Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Awesome, will it be for consoles?
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

_JNavs_ wrote:Awesome, will it be for consoles?
Just PC

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Kaiju-King42 wrote:Great. ANOTHER park simulator. :roll:
I know. We really need some more wild dinosaur games, especially where you can play as them

Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

Post by Noble Saber »

There has never been a fully complete, launch day ready Dinosaur simulator. There have been several complete park simulators, so I am more optimistic about the latter.

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

Definitely glad to see Nigel Marvin's involved with this project, though I've heard the official Discord server has shit like slurs not being bannable offenses and there being plenty of racism and such. I've thus definitely got mixed feelings about this game right now.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Kiryu2012 wrote:Definitely glad to see Nigel Marvin's involved with this project, though I've heard the official Discord server has poop like slurs not being bannable offenses and there being plenty of racism and such. I've thus definitely got mixed feelings about this game right now.
The discord is a mess. They're the type of people that only like "scientific accuracy" when it agrees with their preconceived notions and they are massive hipsters. Like, they HATE the Rise and Fall of Dinosaurs, you know, the book that won best science book of the year and is pretty much unanimously loved by the paleontology community. They hate it because it talks about popular dinosaurs and had a chapter about T rex that talked about how successful and highly evolved it was and had the audacity to not shit on it like they do.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

gottatalktothefake wrote: The discord is a mess. They're the type of people that only like "scientific accuracy" when it agrees with their preconceived notions and they are massive hipsters. Like, they HATE the Rise and Fall of Dinosaurs, you know, the book that won best science book of the year and is pretty much unanimously loved by the paleontology community. They hate it because it talks about popular dinosaurs and had a chapter about T rex that talked about how successful and highly evolved it was and had the audacity to not poop on it like they do.
I... what?

There exists T. Rex hating dino-hipsters?
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Kaiju-King42 wrote:
gottatalktothefake wrote: The discord is a mess. They're the type of people that only like "scientific accuracy" when it agrees with their preconceived notions and they are massive hipsters. Like, they HATE the Rise and Fall of Dinosaurs, you know, the book that won best science book of the year and is pretty much unanimously loved by the paleontology community. They hate it because it talks about popular dinosaurs and had a chapter about T rex that talked about how successful and highly evolved it was and had the audacity to not poop on it like they do.
I... what?

There exists T. Rex hating dino-hipsters?
You have no idea. I even had a couple people call it "Pro T rex Propaganda".

Shoopwoop17
Interpol Agent

Post by Shoopwoop17 »

Paleo hipsters are so annoying. The popular dinosaurs are popular for a reason. T. rex isn't just perceived as a badass, it WAS a badass.

That said, I've been following this games development for years and I am very excited to see it coming to the mainstream. The more entertainment that depicts extinct animals as animals, not monsters, the better.
Check out my Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/atxspider/

It is mostly Spider-Man themed, but I'd love to talk cosplay, lightsaber commissions, and countless other topics.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Huh. I've paid no attention at all to this or any other non-Jurassic Park dino-zoo simulators, so this is kind of out of left field for me... I didn't expect to be impressed, but here I am, actually very impressed. Shit, this thing not only blows the half-baked JW:E out of the water, it has a key feature Planet Zoo left out: cages for small animals. That Microraptor cage is something I would gladly pay good money to see included in PZ, and here it is, in Prehistoric Kingdom at launch. Madness. The animals themselves look pretty darn stellar, too, so I will absolutely be keeping an eye on this game.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

To say I am beyond elated for this game would be a the grossest skreeonking understatement. Bring it on! :mrgreen:

I know this game has no connection to a certian BBC documentary series, but still... ... ...cue the music. 8-)

Added in 1 minute 45 seconds:
Shoopwoop17 wrote:The more entertainment that depicts extinct animals as animals, not monsters, the better.
This. 100%.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image