HALO

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Re: HALO

Post by Chrispy_G »

Halo 2 is unique as I might debate that it has the easiest 'easy' setting and the hardest 'legendary' setting.

It is hard to say....but I would probably put the first Halo as having the most difficult 'easy' setting. As far as which game has the 'easiest' legendary setting....that is hard to pinpoint as I play Legendary far less often.
"I'm saying a prayer, George. A prayer for the whole world."

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

Jackal Snipers were absolutely broken

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

Halo: Reach turns 10 years old today. I'm going to celebrate by playing this game with my brother.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

Shoopwoop17
Interpol Agent

Post by Shoopwoop17 »

CrimsonBloodX wrote:Halo: Reach turns 10 years old today. I'm going to celebrate by playing this game with my brother.
I've been playing it a lot with my friends thanks to the MCC lately. It was the first Halo game I really got hyped for, and I ate up every little bit of information that they put out.
Check out my Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/atxspider/

It is mostly Spider-Man themed, but I'd love to talk cosplay, lightsaber commissions, and countless other topics.

HedorahIsBestGirl
Gotengo Officer

Post by HedorahIsBestGirl »

Having the Battle Rifle in ODST's Firefight is a godsend. Thank you MCC. Best multi-game re-release since Super Mario All-Stars on the SNES.
The wisest words ever spoken on TK: "When I Saw The Showa Movie's white My Friend's They seid WTF is This Your showing Me to Men Fighting In suit's they found At party city Butt when I Showed Them The Heisei film's they thoght They where pritty fun To Watch"

:Godzilla68: and :Anguirus: were never really friends.

:Hedorah: is best girl, :Baragon: is best boy

Shoopwoop17
Interpol Agent

Post by Shoopwoop17 »

Tried to do the 4 sets of 4 man Firefight challenge last night and my internet went out at the end of set 3...really put a damper on the evening.

Added in 20 days 9 hours 48 minutes 16 seconds:
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/colorful-column
Newest update on Halo Infinite is about how character customization, and this one is controversial to say the least. The Armor Coatings are not just textures and damage, they are colors as well, so Halo is essentially using a system like Destiny's shaders. There is no more "primary/secondary" color customization, it is all shaders.

Frankly, when I first read this, I was disappointed. Color customization was a big part of what set people apart in Halo games previously, and now people are going to grind just to get the same skins. Not to mention the potential of micro-transactions...
HOWEVER, as I thought about it I realized: if the multiplayer is truly free to play, then these skins are how they will get their money. But, for those of us who plan to buy the game, I wouldnt be surprised if the full game came with a ton of coatings already unlocked.
Also, I realize that most games are not free for all, so these colors dont often even matter. So we'll see how much this really effects the game. Anyway, those are my thoughts.

It is mostly Spider-Man themed, but I'd love to talk cosplay, lightsaber commissions, and countless other topics.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

FINALLY got the Mk V helmet in Reach. All I need now are the shoulder pads and that utility pouch and I basically have my spartan from the OG days.

So I was thinking we should make a TK group or something to play MCC. I play exclusively on PC now, amd with crossplay eventually being added in I think it would be a neat idea.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Shoopwoop17
Interpol Agent

Post by Shoopwoop17 »

Breakdown wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:37 pm FINALLY got the Mk V helmet in Reach. All I need now are the shoulder pads and that utility pouch and I basically have my spartan from the OG days.

So I was thinking we should make a TK group or something to play MCC. I play exclusively on PC now, amd with crossplay eventually being added in I think it would be a neat idea.
That would be fun! Though I dont play nearly as much as I used to, so I probably wouldn't hop on too often. Congrats on the Mark V though! I never managed to get the Mark VI in OG Reach, so it feels really good to have it in MCC!

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

So what do you all think of the news coming for Infinite lately? The customization change to a shader system similar to Destiny 2 is contentious for me

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

On one hand, since the multiplayer is free to play, 343 have to make money from it somehow. And, seeing as there aren't that many gametypes that showcase a player's individual colors anyway, I guess those were the easiest things to monetize. However, player customization has been a mainstay in Halo since its inception, and it has always been free. So, it is a little sour that 343 have decided to make certain shaders a thing you have to spend real money on. Though, we don't really know how deep this system goes, what types of shaders will and won't be monetized, and how many of them will be available. Do you get a lot of colors for free from buying the campaign, but have to pay if you just play the multiplayer? How does it track? How much are the shaders? How deep is the system, and how different it is possibly from Destiny 2? These are all questions that 343 need to answer, and show just how this new system works in practice. That alone will fan some of the fires that have come up since the initial announcement of this.

Like, yeah, it's good that you're keeping your heads down to continually work on Infinite and polish everything up, but there also needs to be something announced to put people's minds at ease. The Halo community especially (annoyingly so in a lot of cases), isn't particularly lenient on much.

#BotM

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

343 continues to make bad choices with their IP. Monetized skins? Not a good look for a franchise known for customization. Free MP? Meh, just following a trend like they did with the Titanfall-esque gameplay in 5.

At this point the only thing I'm hoping for is a cohesive hopefully solid story.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

I knew dumb shit like this was going to happen the minute it was leaked that the MP would be free to play.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

The color shaders is a really stupid move, especially when it was a standard feature in literally every other Halo game except Halo Wars 1 and 2. I'm really hoping there's some kind of in-game currency or challenge system you can use to unlock them instead of being forced to pay $5 just to make your Spartan red. I will say though, at least it's not the monumentally -------- REQ system from Halo 5 where it was literally the only way to unlock armor unless you got the freebies from playing the MCC. Even then you only got armor like 2% of the time and the rest was stupid crap related to that Warzone Firefight mode. Even then AGAIN the customization was so watered down from Halo Reach and Halo 4 that you could only pick a helmet, visor color and armor set.
Last edited by Breakdown on Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

^ I didn't mind the REQ system at the time, but in hindsight it really was idiotic. I played daily for years, and there were weapons and vehicles I never unlocked. The ONI Gauss Hog, for example. People that had those in Warzone had a huge advantage, but most of us were just shit out of luck. I saw a guy on the other team rack up 79 kills with those monsters, once. When his voice became audible to my team at the end of the match, he was laughing and carrying on. "79 KILLS! THAT'S GOTTA BE A FUCKING RECORD!" Me, I hardly ever had the chance to use them.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

JAGzilla wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:56 am ^ I didn't mind the REQ system at the time, but in hindsight it really was idiotic. I played daily for years, and there were weapons and vehicles I never unlocked. The ONI Gauss Hog, for example. People that had those in Warzone had a huge advantage, but most of us were just shit out of luck. I saw a guy on the other team rack up 79 kills with those monsters, once. When his voice became audible to my team at the end of the match, he was laughing and carrying on. "79 KILLS! THAT'S GOTTA BE A FUCKING RECORD!" Me, I hardly ever had the chance to use them.
I got ONE Nornfang once and when I used the REQ a teammate in a Ghost ran me over.
ImageImage

ClandestineCanine9
Monarch Researcher

Post by ClandestineCanine9 »

I accidentally stumbled across Halo in 2014 when it was suggested to me by a game store employee as I was buying an original Xbox for...some reason. I'm not entirely sure why I bought it, but I had just recently gotten really into video games at the time, and I had a lot of fun, when I wasn't dying repeatedly. I was bad for several years until I learned to git gud™

I still die a lot in multiplayer.

Halo 2 is best
that wasn't very cash money of you
モスラ! ゴジラ! ギドラ!

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

343 Industries has announced that online services for Halo games on the Xbox 360 will be discontinued in December 2021.

https://www.windowscentral.com/halo-xbo ... ember-2021

Now I must play these games as much as I can before the fateful day arrives.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

Shoopwoop17
Interpol Agent

Post by Shoopwoop17 »

No one else has posted about it, so I will. We got a ton of new information regarding Halo Infinite this weekend and I am excited! The biggest reveals come from the following ViDoc, which covers the multiplayer in detail:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-qBvi1i8lo
That said, we also got a new campaign trailer and a brief multiplayer reveal.
The big takeaways for me?
Choppers are back
The Battle Pass will be similar to the style in the MCC, and will never expire
All customization in game is cosmetic, nothing to effect gameplay
To add to that, we can now customize a personal AI, body types, and even choose to have robot limbs for all of our limbs
There is a new Warthog (The Razorback) which is for troop-transport and can be loaded with weapons and equipment
And lastly, Choppers are back

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Shoopwoop17 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:54 am Choppers are back

There is a new Warthog (The Razorback) which is for troop-transport and can be loaded with weapons and equipment
These were high points for me, too. I've missed Choppers, and while I have doubts about the actual usefulness (in regular multiplayer games, anyway) of being able to store extra weapons in the Razorback, it's such a cool concept I don't even care.

Man, that grapple gun looks overpowered as hell, though. I hope they make them very rare or with very limited 'ammo', because they'll be game-wreckers, otherwise.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

Wasn't too impressed by the campaign stuff, but I DID enjoy the multiplayer reveal a metric ton. Love the customization and I'm exited to see what comes of it.
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon