HALO

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Re: HALO

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

Can't wait for the July event. I'm hoping whatever 343 shows us will be really, really good.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

New box art for Infinite: https://mobile.twitter.com/xboxuk/statu ... 94/photo/2

Absolutely loving the CE callbacks all throughout.

#BotM

Shoopwoop17
Interpol Agent

Post by Shoopwoop17 »

Godzilla165 wrote:New box art for Infinite: https://mobile.twitter.com/xboxuk/statu ... 94/photo/2

Absolutely loving the CE callbacks all throughout.
It's looking awesome. I'm holding my breath for the reveal tomorrow. My friends and I have no idea what to expect, but judging from the box art, I'm hoping its a return to form.
Check out my Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/atxspider/

It is mostly Spider-Man themed, but I'd love to talk cosplay, lightsaber commissions, and countless other topics.

Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Post by Chrispy_G »

I am putting a lot of hope into the story of this new game. I know a lot of uproar has been made over the various alterations and evolutions of the multiplayer...and multi is fun. Still, for me, my love of Halo has always been of the story. I watched my older brother play the original like a movie. Whenever he sat down to work on the campaign, I would sit and watch and was just captivated. I purchased several of the early books and was completely engrossed.

For me, Halo 5 was a disgrace to the storytelling of the series. It was just a terrible campaign for a lot of narrative reasons, but also in a lot of execution, design, and structure. It was borderline The Last Jedi of Halo games.

So Halo Infinite has a LOT to make up for in the story department.

I have seen the comments saying things like they want this to work as a fresh, stand-alone experience for someone who has never played a Halo game, a sort of "Soft Reboot" as well as working as a continuation for long time fans. Between comments like THAT, and the fact that this is conveniently NOT labeled "Halo 6"...I have some hope.

FOR ME....my ideal scenario would be one where I can play through Halo 1-4, skip Halo 5, and go right into Halo Infinite and not feel like I missed anything, story-wise. I would very much like to own The Master Chief Collection and Halo: Infinite, and feel like I have a complete version of the story. I don't ever want to feel obligated to experience the campaign of Halo 5 ever again.

I would love for this to be a 'full circle' type of story that feels like a reflection of the original game. Something that feels very self-contained while also being a crucial piece to a larger story.

The first Halo took place entirely on a Halo ring and it felt like the most important conflict in the universe was all in Master Chief's hands on that ring. I would very much like this experience to be the same as that. There is a larger conflict going on, but this story is all about Master Chief, on a ring, deciding the fate of the entire universe.

Excited for the reveal.
"I'm saying a prayer, George. A prayer for the whole world."

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

Halo: Infinite looks good! I hope at least most of the campaign takes place on the Halo installation like in Halo: Combat Evolved. However, I'm not a fan of the new Magnum design. It just looks like a regular pistol. Also, they brought back the assault rifle design from Halo: Reach. That's a bit odd, but whatever. Anyways, I'm very excited to play this game!
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

HedorahIsBestGirl
Gotengo Officer

Post by HedorahIsBestGirl »

https://youtu.be/HZtc5-syeAk
This might be the first good thing to happen in 2020.
Last edited by HedorahIsBestGirl on Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:46 am, edited 3 times in total.
The wisest words ever spoken on TK: "When I Saw The Showa Movie's white My Friend's They seid WTF is This Your showing Me to Men Fighting In suit's they found At party city Butt when I Showed Them The Heisei film's they thoght They where pritty fun To Watch"

:Godzilla68: and :Anguirus: were never really friends.

:Hedorah: is best girl, :Baragon: is best boy

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Okay, I watched the trailer. The Banished have my attention; their leader seems like a really entertaining villain.

The Chief has a grappling hook-type thing. I'm... not yet sure what to make of that. I'm sure it'll be fun to use, but will it feel like it belongs in Halo?
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

Liked the gameplay, but it didn't blow me away. Don't get me wrong, the art style is great, the enemies are exciting, the guns LOOK varied and unique, but I still think the best E3 reveal has been the Halo 3: ODST bridge sequence.
Last edited by Greyshot151 on Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

The Brute in the trailer actually isn't the Banished leader, at least not the one we know currently (who is Atriox).

As far as the actual trailer goes, I liked what I saw! The only things I have reservations about are the geometry of some of the environment and the Phantom designs. Both are too blocky and low-poly but hopefully that's just a consequence of being a demo.

ScootaVaran
EDF Instructor

Post by ScootaVaran »

I haven't played a Halo game since Halo 3, but this I might try.
The quickest way into a woman's bed is through her parents. Have sex with them and you're in. -Zapp Brannigan
For some Coffee inspired art, viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11147

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

Post by Spirit Ghidorah 2010 »

JAGzilla wrote:Okay, I watched the trailer. The Banished have my attention; their leader seems like a really entertaining villain.

The Chief has a grappling hook-type thing. I'm... not yet sure what to make of that. I'm sure it'll be fun to use, but will it feel like it belongs in Halo?
Fairly certain they had grapple hooks in the novels.

Honestly, I'll take anything that improves Chief's mobility. I remember how the Eric Nylund novels portrayed the Spartans as human fighter jets, able to easily outmaneuver enemies with superior speed and dexterity. They moved so goddamn fast that their bones had to be surgically reinforced to prevent from spontaneously pulverizing from the G-forces.

So I was surprised it took almost 10 years to get a simple dash function in a Halo game. Halo 5, for all its faults, vastly improved on that regard with boosts and parkour-lite movement. Really excited to see they're sticking to that philosophy.
Last edited by Spirit Ghidorah 2010 on Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
He/him/his

#Pro-Choice #ACAB #TransRights #BlackLivesMatter #vaccinate #EatTheRich #TheSatanicTemple

HedorahIsBestGirl
Gotengo Officer

Post by HedorahIsBestGirl »

Seven things I'm excited for based on the trailer:
1) Master Chief back in his classic Mark VI armor.
2) Brutes returning as enemies.
3) Covenant species going back to their classic designs. I hated the fuckugly Halo 4 and 5 Grunts.
4) All the new weapons. Especially the Bulldog. Also the Mangler, which looks like a beefed-up Mauler.
5) The Grappling Hook! Looks as much fun as Doom Eternal's meathook.
6) The Banished as enemies in a main-series Halo game. I wasn't a big fan of Halo Wars 2 but it's cool to see it canonized like this.
7) Free-roaming on a Halo ring!!!! I've wanted an open world Halo game since ODST kinda sorta did it.
The wisest words ever spoken on TK: "When I Saw The Showa Movie's white My Friend's They seid WTF is This Your showing Me to Men Fighting In suit's they found At party city Butt when I Showed Them The Heisei film's they thoght They where pritty fun To Watch"

:Godzilla68: and :Anguirus: were never really friends.

:Hedorah: is best girl, :Baragon: is best boy

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Fairly certain they had grapple hooks in the novels.

Honestly, I'll take anything that improves Chief's mobility. I remember how the Eric Nylund novels portrayed the Spartans as human fighter jets, able to easily outmaneuver enemies with superior speed and dexterity. They moved so goddamn fast that their bones had to be surgically reinforced to prevent from spontaneously pulverizing from the G-forces.

So I was surprised it took almost 10 years to get a simple dash function in a Halo game. Halo 5, for all its faults, vastly improved on that regard with boosts and parkour-lite movement. Really excited to see they're sticking to that philosophy.
I agree that the Spartans need to have enhanced mobility options and I was also a fan of the dash and (to a lesser extent) charge moves, but now they're being turned into Spider-Man. Unless the grappling hook is a piece of equipment that can be picked up; I'd be fine with that. It seems like something Brutes would use, so maybe that's where it comes from.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

cloverfan98
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by cloverfan98 »

I just want the Cortana and Chief story line to be continued.

Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Post by Chrispy_G »

Game delayed to 2021 - No info on WHEN in 2021, first quarter, fourth quarter, no word.

I am 100% okay for 2 reasons
First - LOGIC - If the game isn't ready, or needs work, don't rush it....if some extra time is needed to get this thing right, get those extra tweaks in, get it to the highest level....then take the time

Second - SENTIMENT - 2021 is the 20 year anniversary of the release of the original Halo: Combat Evolved. So I personally would be 100% okay if they push this thing all the way to November 2021 just to sync with the anniversary.

It coming out for the 20th anniversary matters even more if Halo Infinite has a very 'full circle' style to the storyline and execution, being very reminiscent of the original in terms of tone/structure/execution.

Best news I've heard is that someone who has never played a Halo campaign can come in 'blind' and this campaign will still work for them. That's great, because I'm never playing Halo 5 again....so for me, the "story" will go from Halo 4 straight into Infinite.

And if Infinite sucks...then Halo 4 is the conclusion to the Halo Saga is far as I'm concerned.

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

Chrispy_G wrote:Game delayed to 2021 - No info on WHEN in 2021, first quarter, fourth quarter, no word.

I am 100% okay for 2 reasons
First - LOGIC - If the game isn't ready, or needs work, don't rush it....if some extra time is needed to get this thing right, get those extra tweaks in, get it to the highest level....then take the time

Second - SENTIMENT - 2021 is the 20 year anniversary of the release of the original Halo: Combat Evolved. So I personally would be 100% okay if they push this thing all the way to November 2021 just to sync with the anniversary.

It coming out for the 20th anniversary matters even more if Halo Infinite has a very 'full circle' style to the storyline and execution, being very reminiscent of the original in terms of tone/structure/execution.

Best news I've heard is that someone who has never played a Halo campaign can come in 'blind' and this campaign will still work for them. That's great, because I'm never playing Halo 5 again....so for me, the "story" will go from Halo 4 straight into Infinite.

And if Infinite sucks...then Halo 4 is the conclusion to the Halo Saga is far as I'm concerned.
Agreed. I'm a longtime Halo fan and I'd rather have a game polished then buggy (See MCC). If I were a betting man, I'd bet it comes out first quarter 2021.
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Post by Chrispy_G »

I REALLY hope an Anniversary edition of Halo 3 and Halo 4 can happen at some point. Heck, upgrade them both with the same new skin/graphics engine, and give them both the remastered cutscenes by Blur.

Halo 4 was quite cinematic and emotional on a narrative level. It failed in artstyle and had shortcomings in gameplay. A graphics upgrade would solve 50% of the problems the game had(the art-style)....although Cortana was absolutely perfect in Halo 4, and she should honestly look that way in Halo 3 and Halo 4. Unfortunately physically attractive female characters are a sin of the modern era and she would probably be substantially 'flattened' in Anniversary editions of Halo 3 and 4.

Still, to be able to play Halo 1-4 in "Anniversary Editions" would be something truly awesome. Maybe that can be done as an MCC download/upgrade...or maybe it will have to be part of some new release for the Series X. Either way, I would be all for it.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Not happening, at least not for a while in Halo 3’s case.

Blur’s cutscenes were astronomically expensive to commission. Halo 4 is fine the way it is.

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

Halo 3 I have doubt will get a anniversary edition sometime in the next 5 years at least. Its only natural to happen sooner then later with the demand for it. Halo 4 isn't going to get a anniversary edition if ever for a really, really, long time and even if it did it would be a very small remaster in the line of Return To Arkham and nothing more

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

Yeah, Halo 4 doesn’t really need any work, outside of perhaps frame rate due to it dropping in some parts of the campaign. On an Xbox One X, the game genuinely looks like a current gen title.

Halo 3A would be great to see, but with 343i all in on Infinite for the foreseeable future, I don’t see it happening for quite some time.

#BotM