General Gaming News Thread

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Re: General Gaming News Thread

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

Atari was founded 50 years ago today.

https://nypost.com/2022/06/27/how-atari ... the-world/

As someone who is an Atari fan, this is an important day. Nowadays, it seems like Atari doesn't get the love and respect it deserves. Let's change that.

Also, Bernie Stolar, sadly, passed away on June 25th at age 75.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mattgardne ... acf2129a99
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

PuzzledAmphibian
Monsterland Worker

Post by PuzzledAmphibian »

LegendZilla wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:04 pm
PuzzledAmphibian wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:11 pm
LegendZilla wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:49 pm ^Such a game could never had happened if Eastman and Laird were still in charge of the franchise.
What makes you say that in particular?

I never knew either one of them had any big issues with the video games. Kevin Eastman is actually involved in a small way with the upcoming Cowabunga Collection that is made up of games mostly based on the 1987 series by creating special illustrations for the limited edition. And the only thing I know Peter Laird completely despised was The Next Mutation.
Peter Laird always considered the 1987 cartoon a disappointment.
Eh, I'm willing to concede that it might not have happened under Laird, he was a bit stricter with the IP during the period he was pretty much sole owner.
CrimsonBloodX wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:01 am Atari was founded 50 years ago today.

As someone who is an Atari fan, this is an important day. Nowadays, it seems like Atari doesn't get the love and respect it deserves. Let's change that.

Also, Bernie Stolar, sadly, passed away on June 25th at age 75.
Wow, it's crazy to think it's been that long for Atari. Thanks for the information about Bernie Stolar and it's nice to hear an important person in the industry seemed to be such a decent person

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

^Any respectable acknowledgement of the '87 show as opposed to begrudging (looking at you Turtles Forever) would not have happened under his watch if he and Eastman were still in charge.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

That new Robocop FPS looks kinda cool. And Peter Weller is back!
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

BumbleBee
Ronin

Post by BumbleBee »

Resident Evil 4 Remake Devs Confirm There Is No Cut Content In The Game

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Apparently having your PS5 in the vertical position can cause permanent damage regarding the cooling systems and such. So I quickly switched mine to horizontal. Next gen baby, yes baby next gen is the real deal baby yes. Flawless. All the while I'm really missing the ps2 era, damn :P
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 11:51 am Apparently having your PS5 in the vertical position can cause permanent damage regarding the cooling systems and such. So I quickly switched mine to horizontal. Next gen baby, yes baby next gen is the real deal baby yes. Flawless. All the while I'm really missing the ps2 era, damn :P
Bruh they literally advertise it standing up, what in the fresh hell
EDIT: such claims seem to be unverified so far. Still, best to be careful.
Last edited by CyberZilla on Sun Jan 08, 2023 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 11:51 am Apparently having your PS5 in the vertical position can cause permanent damage regarding the cooling systems and such. So I quickly switched mine to horizontal. Next gen baby, yes baby next gen is the real deal baby yes. Flawless. All the while I'm really missing the ps2 era, damn :P
They aren't sure if it's a huge issue with all PS5s are just a select few. My guess is that it's only a few select systems that have the liquid metal dripping issue. I would assume as long as you leave it in an upright position and don't move it to much it shouldn't be an issue. However, if it does become a major issue then I can see Sony doing free warranty repairs and just fixing the seal.
Proud owner of a Xbox Series X, Switch OLED and PS5.

PC Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10900k, Motherboard: MSI Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi, Case: Corsair 4000D airflow, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 32GB (16GBx2), GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Vision, Storage: WD SN750 1TB, Mouse and Keyboard: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Mouse and Logitech G905 Keyboard.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

CyberZilla wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 12:10 pm
Bruh they literally advertise it standing up, what in the fresh hell
EDIT: such claims seem to be unverified so far. Still, best to be careful.
I know right? I found it kinda funny since it standing up was so big in the marketing. You're right, it's probably better to be careful. I wouldn't be surprised if there are more reports in the future.

I ended up spending $900 on my ps5 :lol: After having my ps3 & ps4 break on me in the past, I'm taking it cautiously. Ps2 is still in nice condition, funny enough.
gvamp wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 6:38 pm
They aren't sure if it's a huge issue with all PS5s are just a select few. My guess is that it's only a few select systems that have the liquid metal dripping issue. I would assume as long as you leave it in an upright position and don't move it to much it shouldn't be an issue. However, if it does become a major issue then I can see Sony doing free warranty repairs and just fixing the seal.
That's fair. I hope it's only a select few, although I have been having to move mine around quite a bit recently :shock: That's a good point about the free warranty repairs, it'd be cool if Sony did that. I guess we'll have to see how things play out the next couple months.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

For space reasons, I've always had mine horitzonal, but it's just dawning on me it might be on the wrong side. It's a little confusing and I probably should fix it.

Unironically my PS5 getting broken is one of my big fears. I was extremely lucky when I got it and it's served me well. I can't even begin to think about the nightmare of reaquiring one.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

I really hope it ends up being a false report, but just in case, I did fit my ps5 horizontally on my setup. I had to move some stuff around (which is annoying), but I’d rather preserve the console of the design flaw is true and applies to my unit. I hope Sony addresses the rumor to verify the concerns.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Do you think they'll try fixing that problem with the PS6?

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

LegendZilla wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:40 am
Do you think they'll try fixing that problem with the PS6?
I would hope so. Then again, I'm scared to imagine what the PS6 is going to look like :D

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

If it is a widespread issue, then I see Sony doing free repairs kind of like how MS did the RRoD for 360 and Nintendo is doing Joycon drift.

Thankfully PS5s are getting easier to get. I work at the local Walmart, and we've had them in stock since Thanksgiving. Xbox Series X on the other hand has been really hard to get as of late. Over the summer we had those in stock constantly. Now all we have is the Series S.

PC Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10900k, Motherboard: MSI Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi, Case: Corsair 4000D airflow, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 32GB (16GBx2), GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Vision, Storage: WD SN750 1TB, Mouse and Keyboard: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Mouse and Logitech G905 Keyboard.

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

I was going to have my Playstation 5 be placed vertical simply because it takes less space, but after heating the news of it malfunction, I'm gonna have to find a really good place to lay it flat.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

CrimsonBloodX wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 6:16 pm I was going to have my Playstation 5 be placed vertical simply because it takes less space, but after heating the news of it malfunction, I'm gonna have to find a really good place to lay it flat.
It's not that big of an issue as what some places made it out to be. Only a few systems had issues with the liquid metal dripping and IIRC those system's where poorly taken care of. I've had my PS5 for over two years now and in the vertical position and haven't had any issues at all. I even have a launch window system as I got mine in March of 2021.

PC Specs

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

gvamp wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 6:31 pm
CrimsonBloodX wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 6:16 pm I was going to have my Playstation 5 be placed vertical simply because it takes less space, but after heating the news of it malfunction, I'm gonna have to find a really good place to lay it flat.
It's not that big of an issue as what some places made it out to be. Only a few systems had issues with the liquid metal dripping and IIRC those system's where poorly taken care of. I've had my PS5 for over two years now and in the vertical position and haven't had any issues at all. I even have a launch window system as I got mine in March of 2021.
Still, I'm afraid that a PS5 that I will buy soon will be one of those faulty systems. I don't want some like that happening to me.

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

CrimsonBloodX wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 11:31 am
Still, I'm afraid that a PS5 that I will buy soon will be one of those faulty systems. I don't want some like that happening to me.
The chances of it happening are slim to none. Unless you abuse the system you should have nothing to worry about.

PC Specs

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

gvamp wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 3:17 pm
CrimsonBloodX wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 11:31 am

The chances of it happening are slim to none. Unless you abuse the system you should have nothing to worry about.
Maybe, but I'm not taking the risk. I'm going to lay it flat.

Also, I just noticed that I misspelled "hearing" on my original post. Curse my fat sausage fingers.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

E3 is not coming back in 2024 OR 2025

https://www.theverge.com/2023/6/22/2377 ... la-tourism

.. So, uh, it's safe to assume it's dead now, right?

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!