new kaiju based game "Giga Bash"

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
Omegazilla
Interpol Agent

Re: new kaiju based game "Giga Bash"

Post by Omegazilla »

I doubt it will be any good because good kaiju games are really hard to come by.That being said I hope the best for it.

EnerG
Samurai

Post by EnerG »

https://twitter.com/tweet_prg/status/12 ... 18976?s=21

Their discord is open y'all!!

EDIT:
Also just in advance, the Discord seems to be avoiding spoilers, so I'd keep stuff like mentions of the Snail kaiju and such left here in the forums personally. But y'all can do as you wish.

EDIT 2:
https://www.famitsu.com/schedule/switch//5/?dl=0&dlc=1

GigaBash is listed here as a 2020 Switch release, but I highly doubt it's an accurate listing as the game's supposed to release in 2021 anyways.

EDIT 3:
https://twitter.com/tweet_prg/status/12 ... 55745?s=21

New teaser. Seems the kaiju revealed will be Snailian!

Also the water and light effects on the stone path looks great
Last edited by EnerG on Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:04 am, edited 3 times in total.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

I love how Snailian's eyestalks are seen wiglling when the thunder hits.

Added in 11 hours 34 minutes 33 seconds:
Just did some thinking. What if the teasers we've been getting of Snailian are actually part of its introduction cutscene during the story mode?

EnerG
Samurai

Post by EnerG »

Cryptid_Liker wrote:I love how Snailian's eyestalks are seen wiglling when the thunder hits.

Added in 11 hours 34 minutes 33 seconds:
Just did some thinking. What if the teasers we've been getting of Snailian are actually part of its introduction cutscene during the story mode?
Wow that's actually a really awesome idea!! O:

They did confirm in the discord that the game will have a single-player mode! Could be co-op as well for all I know, fingers crossed!

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Nice. By the way, I think I finally realized the reasoning for the weird perspective. The camera's like that so all players can be seen at the same time without splitscreen.

EnerG
Samurai

Post by EnerG »

Cryptid_Liker wrote:Nice. By the way, I think I finally realized the reasoning for the weird perspective. The camera's like that so all players can be seen at the same time without splitscreen.
Yeah that makes sense! Though I wonder if the Gamescom build of the game will have an adjusted camera. I notice many times there's a LOT of excess space outside the characters, when the camera could be zoomed in a lot more.

Guess we'll see, also curious how different the Gamescom build will be in the first place. Also I did some theory-making, and notice the green ice cream scoop back in the ice cream image.

Then notice the plant placed in the Thundatross "work from home" type image. I posted in the discord if you're there, but yeah, I think there will be a plant-kaiju character.

That means so far, I think the roster includes:
- Gorogong
- Pipijuras
- Thundatross
- Woolley
- Snailian
- Gigaman
- Plant Kaiju
- Crystal/dino kaiju
- ???
- ???

Crystal/dino given the hints we discussed a while back (purple crystal in multiple promo images, fossil skull in an image.)

The dino kaiju and crystal kaiju could be 2 different creatures, but I'm just assuming they're the same. Loving the diverse kaiju designs they seem to be picking!
Last edited by EnerG on Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

EnerG wrote:Guess we'll see, also curious how different the Gamescom build will be in the first place. Also I did some theory-making, and notice the green ice cream scoop back in the ice cream image.

Then notice the plant placed in the Thundatross "work from home" type image. I posted in the discord if you're there, but yeah, I think there will be a plant-kaiju character.
While I'm still thining that the green ice-cream is Giga Man, that is a good theory.
Loving the diverse kaiju designs they seem to be picking!
I agree all the way. While expies of Godzilla, King Kong and the like are welcome, they can get tiring after a while so it's great to see a kaiju roster with unique characters. In fact, the only Not-kaiju (so far) is Giga Man. My favorite has changed from Pipijuras to Snailian just because of uniqueness alone.

EnerG
Samurai

Post by EnerG »

Yeah I def agree, and even then I'm curious if they'll make Gigaman's design stand out quite a bit, but the name "Gigaman" doesn't help much lol

Either way, I'm also really excited for Gigaman's eventual reveal. Imagining a human-suit character in this game is just so unique, I can't wait to see that in action!

I'm anticipating just one character reveal at Gamescom, being Snailian, alongside one stage reveal being Temple. That said, Idk if it's too farfetched to say they could also reveal Gigaman at Gamescom, but I think they'll save that for later and space each reveal a lot.

Honestly really hoping for more video content from their YouTube channel. When I watch GigaBash gameplay, I really just rewatch BrokenGamesHDR's gameplay footage. They've said they're streaming during Gamescom, so it'd be awesome if they also uploaded a highest-quality possible gameplay video as well for us to watch!
Last edited by EnerG on Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

If the shadow in that last Tarabak video wasn't enough, this confirms that Snailian is coming. There seems to be accents of purple and black on the creature's pink skin (unless it's shading).

Added in 3 minutes 11 seconds:
Also, the Gormaru post that features this image quotes Rober Oppenheimer's famous speech, specifically the part used in the first trailer of G14. Does this mean that Snailian will be named Vishnu?

EnerG
Samurai

Post by EnerG »

Cryptid_Liker wrote:Image
If the shadow in that last Tarabak video wasn't enough, this confirms that Snailian is coming. There seems to be accents of purple and black on the creature's pink skin (unless it's shading).

Added in 3 minutes 11 seconds:
Also, the Gormaru post that features this image quotes Rober Oppenheimer's famous speech, specifically the part used in the first trailer of G14. Does this mean that Snailian will be named Vishnu?
Not gonna lie, the quote stumbled me. A facebook comment from Gormaru says "- this pertains more specifically to this upcoming GigaBash reveal in more ways than one."

And the rest of the quote: "Vishnu takes on his multi-armed form and says 'Now I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds'

So... would they name the creature Vishnu? I'm not sure if that's overstepping any religious boundaries or anything but I could be wrong lol. Maybe just a hint at multiple arms/limbs? Snails have multiple... feet? I guess we'll understand after Gamescom for sure lol

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

^Considering that Legendary was able to name two titans Bunyip and Yamato no Orochi, I think they're okay if they decide to do it.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Wonder whatever happened to that building looking monster that appeared in the demo.. Would've loved to play as it!

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Snailian's subtitle has been revealed: The Great Devourer!

EnerG
Samurai

Post by EnerG »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCthtfC ... crk0h00410

Y'ALL

My favorite trailer yet, Skorak looks amazing!!! My mind is blown I can't believe it!

The reception for the trailer is amazing, IGN viewers are very critical, I'm amazed by the positivity. I'm over the moon!!!

EDIT: GigaMan is likely next with that tease at the end! Also, we finally know what the skull on the shelf was referencing!

I did not expect that to be referring to Skorak lol!
Last edited by EnerG on Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Wait, that dinosaur skull is Skorak's shell? Nice.

Also, I thought Pipi was gonna be my main but Skorak's stolen that honor.

Added in 1 minute 5 seconds:
"Skorak's designed as a character for those who play more strategically, using the skull and area-of-effect attacks to outmanouevre enemies, rather than rely on brute force."

Yep, Skorak will definitely be my main.

EnerG
Samurai

Post by EnerG »

Cryptid_Liker wrote:Wait, that dinosaur skull is Skorak's shell? Nice.

Also, I thought Pipi was gonna be my main but Skorak's stolen that honor.

Added in 1 minute 5 seconds:
"Skorak's designed as a character for those who play more strategically, using the skull and area-of-effect attacks to outmanouevre enemies, rather than rely on brute force."

Yep, Skorak will definitely be my main.
Yes that's awesome!

Skorak's design blew me away, I really thought this would be a more one-dimensional, silly Gezora-vibe kaiju. Nah, Skorak's menacing and the creativity is amazing. The skull shell? Razer eyeballs? I love this design.

Also, seemingly different color than that old leaked image! The character looked bright red before but is now a more purple tone. Looks amazing, can't wait for more. also!

I outta post this here for those who haven't seen.
https://twitter.com/GigaBashNews/status ... 17064?s=20
It's a schedule for GigaBash events over Gamescom weekend!

There's a lot of streams, keep in mind the character reveal Saturday is Skorak and not another new reveal haha. I can't wait.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

EnerG wrote:Also, seemingly different color than that old leaked image! The character looked bright red before but is now a more purple tone.
Resized Image
He's always been purple. It's just that the final model is a darker shade.

Speaking of differences, I've noticed a few. First off, Skorak's pupils changed from tiny dots to more detailed, gator-like slits. Next up, there used to be (at least) four fleshy things below his bottom pair of eyes instead of two. Finally, the loading scree below shows Skorak without a shell. I was about to say that he used to not have a shell but then I remembered that he can detach it. However, the body shown in the art is a lot more rounded than the slug-like body that final-model Skorak has.

Also, the character-select image must be showing Skorak without his shell because you can't see its horns.

Added in 1 hour 10 minutes 34 seconds:
I just thought of something. What if the crystal-dinosaur does look like the skull on the shelf and Skorak's shell is a skull belonging to a dead individual of the dino-kaiju's species?

Added in 3 hours 9 seconds:
Looks like Giga Man's debut will be at Tokyo Game Show!
Last edited by Cryptid_Liker on Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

EnerG
Samurai

Post by EnerG »

That shell theory is actually a very smart idea! Could be the case!

And wait, what? Did I miss an announcement or is the Giga Man thing a prediction? O:

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

EnerG wrote:That shell theory is actually a very smart idea! Could be the case!

And wait, what? Did I miss an announcement or is the Giga Man thing a prediction? O:
PRG confirmed that they'll be at TGS during the final installment in the Gormaru interview trilogy. I think it's fair to say Giga Man will be there.

EnerG
Samurai

Post by EnerG »

Cryptid_Liker wrote:
EnerG wrote:That shell theory is actually a very smart idea! Could be the case!

PRG confirmed that they'll be at TGS during the final installment in the Gormaru interview trilogy. I think it's fair to say Giga Man will be there.
Omg woah. Only a month from now too, that's awesome!!