new kaiju based game "Giga Bash"

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Re: new kaiju based game "Giga Bash"

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Considering the fact that Snailian was present in the Friendship Day image but no other unrevealed kaiju was along with the goo trail basically guarantees that they're being revealed.

Also, the tweet says "There's more lurking behind the leaves." I might be stretching things out a little but could this mean that Snailian originates from Tarabak. After all, none of the kaiju revealed so far come from there. Also, IIRC, snails live in forests. Soooooo...

EnerG
Samurai

Post by EnerG »

Cryptid_Liker wrote:Considering the fact that Snailian was present in the Friendship Day image but no other unrevealed kaiju was along with the goo trail basically guarantees that they're being revealed.

Also, the tweet says "There's more lurking behind the leaves." I might be stretching things out a little but could this mean that Snailian originates from Tarabak. After all, none of the kaiju revealed so far come from there. Also, IIRC, snails live in forests. Soooooo...
It all adds up to me!! I just can't wait omg! The snail idea sounds interesting to me, I always love oddball characters in video games that have unique proportions and stuff, this kaiju seems very fun.

Also:
IF we end up seeing a new build of the game, what do you all hope to see improved or changed in a new build?

Again, might just be a similar build I'm keeping expectations low, but if it's very updated, I'd love to see -
- Updated+new sound effects (Pipijuras jab SFX changed for example)
- Civilians not walking over water
- Character HUD updated (functionally it's good, I just think the solid colors and simple fonts used right now could have more flair)
- More military/vehicles involved
- Kaiju SFX? (Notice many kaiju lack unique roars and things like that, which might make the game feel more immersive)

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

EnerG wrote:- Kaiju SFX? (Notice many kaiju lack unique roars and things like that, which might make the game feel more immersive)
Are you sure they aren't just keeping the roars a secret? After all, the videos so far have all been music-only.

EnerG
Samurai

Post by EnerG »

Cryptid_Liker wrote:
EnerG wrote:- Kaiju SFX? (Notice many kaiju lack unique roars and things like that, which might make the game feel more immersive)
Are you sure they aren't just keeping the roars a secret? After all, the videos so far have all been music-only.
Huh? Nah there's gameplay and all, here:
https://youtu.be/t5ajy83Beh0

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

EnerG wrote:
Cryptid_Liker wrote:
Huh? Nah there's gameplay and all, here:
https://youtu.be/t5ajy83Beh0
There's no roars but I think there's some vocalizations by Woolley and Pipijuras at 31:52. If I'm right, Pipi's robotic vocals are a big suprise for me. I just can't help but hear the iconic ascending beeps of Zetton whenever I look at him.

EnerG
Samurai

Post by EnerG »

^ oh right I forgot about that SFX!

But yeah maybe they'll be more prominent or different

3 weeks left! Also, wonder when they'll make their first Newsletter post. The announcement sorta confused me but maybe the first email will be this month I imagine

EDIT: Y'ALL

https://twitter.com/tweet_prg/status/12 ... 07072?s=21

Streamed GigaBash gameplay tomorrow!!
I believe the time converts to 5:40am CST, so I'm waking early LOL
Last edited by EnerG on Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

EnerG wrote:^ oh right I forgot about that SFX!

But yeah maybe they'll be more prominent or different

3 weeks left! Also, wonder when they'll make their first Newsletter post. The announcement sorta confused me but maybe the first email will be this month I imagine

EDIT: Y'ALL

https://twitter.com/tweet_prg/status/12 ... 07072?s=21

Streamed GigaBash gameplay tomorrow!!
I believe the time converts to 5:40am CST, so I'm waking early LOL
Nice!

By the way, I just rewatched that gameplay video and you can hear Pipijuras' full roar at 32:32. Personally, it sounds awesome.

EnerG
Samurai

Post by EnerG »

Kk I woke at 5:30am and watched the livestream this morning. It was the old build of the game sadly. I recorded part of it and I believe we got a better look at one of the art pieces that showed a new character, I'll look back at the footage.

But yeah, seemed like pre-alpha footage still, though the build was slightly different as they removed Rampage mode and stage select from the menus. Probably to prevent people from seeing content not planned to be revealed yet haha

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Which new character?

Showa Gojira
Monarch Researcher

Post by Showa Gojira »

Excited to see more characters get revealed! We've gotten hints towards the snail monster, Gigaman, and a Godzilla/dinosaur like monster, anything else? I always love seeing different game's takes on stock giant monster archetypes.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:40 pm
Best kaiju game ever. Like, seriously, awesome to play and full of cool little nods to the films that make it up. Ten out of ten. Worth waiting for.

"GODZILLA - ULTRAMAN - GAMERA: ALL MONSTERS ATTACK!"
http://kaijubeatemup.blogspot.com/
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6vZKr ... XgWG0hADNA
The Thread: http://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewto ... =19&t=5609

EnerG
Samurai

Post by EnerG »

The gameplay was uploaded! Sry never got a screenshot, it may have been a new kaiju design but it's the silhouette style, I gotta recheck lol https://twitter.com/tweet_prg/status/12 ... 35874?s=21

I'd say after watching the gameplay, adjustments should be made with the S-class and Giga Ball systems in 1v1 matches Imo, as once a kaiju turns S-class it seemed very one-sided. Also, hoping there's options to turn both features off if I wanna play more competitively :)

Interesting note: the GigaBash website has been hidden from public view. Can prolly expect some changes to the site, maybe reveals soon? Newsletter? Not till gamescom? Hard call haha

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Three minutes into the video. Gorogong sounds just like how I expected

EnerG
Samurai

Post by EnerG »

Cryptid_Liker wrote:Three minutes into the video. Gorogong sounds just like how I expected
Wait do they have more common roars now? Thought they were playing the same build lol

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

EnerG wrote:
Cryptid_Liker wrote:Three minutes into the video. Gorogong sounds just like how I expected
Wait do they have more common roars now? Thought they were playing the same build lol
It plays when he uses the special attack. Sounds very powerful and animalistic.

Added in 2 minutes 9 seconds:
Apparently, the Gamescom teaser showed Gorogong in his Super form.

Added in 3 minutes 15 seconds:
The Tarabak build in this video looks more like the new trailer than any other gameplay I've seen.

Added in 3 minutes 55 seconds:
The green Gorogong skin looks amazing, so great that I might default it when the game comes out. Honestly, that might be because green is my favorite color.

Added in 7 minutes 16 seconds:
The only silhouette poster I can find in Tokyo seems to be Gorogong

Added in 10 minutes 41 seconds:
I just noticed that Gorogong and Pipijuras have the exact same body-type (egg-shaped with stubby limbs).

EnerG
Samurai

Post by EnerG »

Haha yeah I love the green skins, my fave color too!

Website's back up, though nothing seems changed from last time. Keep in mind the devlog section is removed as it was before.

EDIT: y'all!!

https://twitter.com/tweet_prg/status/12 ... 45123?s=21

Amazing new teaser trailer for Gamescom!!! The sound design is AMAZING here, i think the game may have a big update sound-wise at gamescom, I could be wrong

New arena looks awesome!! Guess we may see it playable??

EDIT 2:
Notice the caption says "E a r s o u t... dread is upon us"

Wondering if there's some hidden meaning there
Last edited by EnerG on Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Just by the sound design of that teaser, I know 100% that Snailian is in Tarabak.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

I'm expecting that place to have a really ancient looking monster in it.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Gigantis wrote:I'm expecting that place to have a really ancient looking monster in it.
Molluscs are pretty old IIRC.

EnerG
Samurai

Post by EnerG »

I'm so excited. I actually think the stage is the "Temple" stage from the stage select screen rather than Tarabak

I hear what is either a slimy snail noise in the trailer, or just a waterfall type of noise. Hard call, but I've got my money on seeing the Snailian this time around.

My excitement's through the roof!! I'm just wondering now: will we see the update at Gamescom, or will there be a reveal beforehand leading to the demo at Gamescom?

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

EnerG wrote:I hear what is either a slimy snail noise in the trailer, or just a waterfall type of noise. Hard call, but I've got my money on seeing the Snailian this time around.
Do you hear those clicks? That was definitely the Snailian.

I want to skip time so bad right now.