Mortal Kombat General 2.0

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Re: Mortal Kombat General 2.0

Post by KManX89 »

LegendZilla wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 1:10 pm What guest characters do you think should be added in the next game (or any future instalment in the franchise)? Some of my ideas include :

Micheal Myers
Pinhead
Doomguy
Rambo
Neo
Mad Max
Pennywise
Negan
Any character from Game of Thrones
John Constantine
Lobo
Sweet Tooth

Sadly, I am not sure if they will ever add Ash Williams from Evil Dead.
I think Judge Dredd would make a great MK guest character. You'd have all kinds of unique gameplay options available with his various different Lawgiver rounds each with their own effects.

Plus it'd be quite paradoxical with Rambo in the game, much like RoboCop and Terminator, which they could easily play around with in the match quotes. Already having memories of "I AM... THE LAW! DROP... YOUR WEAPONS! THESE BLOCKS... ARE UNDER... ARREST! THIS IS YOUR FINAL... WARNING!" :lol:
My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

KManX89 wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 11:02 pm
I think Judge Dredd would make a great MK guest character. You'd have all kinds of unique gameplay options available with his various different Lawgiver rounds each with their own effects.

Plus it'd be quite paradoxical with Rambo in the game, much like RoboCop and Terminator, which they could easily play around with in the match quotes. Already having memories of "I AM... THE LAW! DROP... YOUR WEAPONS! THESE BLOCKS... ARE UNDER... ARREST! THIS IS YOUR FINAL... WARNING!" :lol:
Can you tell me if you have ideas for potential newcomers? I have some :

1. An autistic Special Forces officer
2. An undead Roman gladiator
3. A Nure-onna-inspired character
4. A Thai Kickboxer
5. A South Korean policeman trained in Hapkido
7. A friendly and jovial Shokan
8. The son and/or daughter of Liu Kang and Kitana
9. A winged-Garuda character
10. A female member of the White Lotus society.
11. Kano's son

That's all the ideas I have for now. Do you like them? In addition, I think they should also bring back characters from the 2000's era as seen in Deadly Alliance and Deception.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rurouni Senator
Yojimbo

Post by Rurouni Senator »

It will probably make it more fun this way, but they will probably disappoint this fantasy and give us the Karl Urban rendition.
LegendZilla wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:04 am Can you tell me if you have ideas for potential newcomers? I have some :

4. A Thai Kickboxer
11. Kano's son
Why an autistic? I like the rest of the ideas, but the autism bit leaves me curious.

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

Rurouni Senator wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:52 am

It will probably make it more fun this way, but they will probably disappoint this fantasy and give us the Karl Urban rendition.
Which they could still poke fun at in their match dialog. In fact, it'd be preferable this way.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

LegendZilla wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:04 am Can you tell me if you have ideas for potential newcomers? I have some :

4. A Thai Kickboxer
11. Kano's son
Why an autistic? I like the rest of the ideas, but the autism bit leaves me curious.
I have autism myself.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

LegendZilla wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:22 pm

4. A Thai Kickboxer
11. Kano's son
I have autism myself.
How would you incorporate autism into a fighter?
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

_JNavs_ wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:27 pm How would you incorporate autism into a fighter?
If they were able to incorporate autism into a character for Overwatch, namely Symmetra, then it should be no problem doing it for a character in MK.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

LegendZilla wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:15 pm
_JNavs_ wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:27 pm How would you incorporate autism into a fighter?
If they were able to incorporate autism into a character for Overwatch, namely Symmetra, then it should be no problem doing it for a character in MK.
I asked how you would incorporate it.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

_JNavs_ wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:33 pm I asked how you would incorporate it.
I know nothing about OverHype, but probably in a way that doesn't affect the character game play wise but makes a mention of it in the bio or in audio lines and nothing else.

The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

Judge Dredd would fit perfectly in the world of MORTAL KOMBAT. Although I keep hearing Stallone's voice in my head instead of Karl Urban.

And if the developers due indeed use Mega City One's top cop. A natural to be utilized in the game alongside Dredd would be his arch-foe whom I was introduced to in his first meeting with Batman in Death Comes To Gotham, Judge Death.
And on the subject of DC Comic characters, and being reminded of Judge Death ,and his fellow Death Judges. BATMAN:Death Metal Big Bad, the Batman Who Laughs. A character that was no doubt influenced by Judge Death.
Then another comic character who experiencing a bit of a resurgence recently. Thanks in part to Christopher Priest's series from Dynamite, and her looking to make another stab at the movies, VAMPIRELLA.
A good way to get her name out there some more, or the MK developers could use their own resident vampire vixen, Nitara.
With all the changes wrought by Raiden at the end of Armageddon to the timeline. Nitara's realm could still be under the sway of Outworld ,and who ever is in control. and she is looking to liberate it.
A long time fixture to the worlds of Mortal Kombat is the Dragon Prince ,Goro. Who other than being used as a DLC character in Mortal Kombat X, hasn't seen much action. In the comics, siding with Millena in the war with Kotal Kahn, Goro ended up having his arms all lobbed off by Kotal. Sadly, the comic ended up on a cliffhanger with Goro leaving in disgrace vowing to come back retake the throne that was rightfully his. Not to mention getting his arms back. To do this he went to the Red Dragons' leader, Daegon, with Kenshi as payment to the Dragons. In exchange for information on where he could obtain the power of the Dragon King himself, Onaga. we could end up with a brand new Onaga in MKXII. This one with four arms, and more massive than the one reincarnated in Reptile's body. Comic writer, Shawn Kittleson, talks about the storyline in some detail that would've happened had the next comic series had been greenlit.

After seeing the History of the Warrior vids talking about the MK characters in the games and the comics. I picked up the trade paperbacks, and found them quite good. Bummed to see the next run didn't take off though.
Last edited by The One and Only on Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

Rurouni Senator
Yojimbo

KManX89 wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:11 am Which they could still poke fun at in their match dialog. In fact, it'd be preferable this way.
Sounds great.
The One and Only wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:04 pm Judge Dredd would fit perfectly in the world of MORTAL KOMBAT. Although I keep hearing Stallone's voice in my head instead of Karl Urban.
Ol judgy does have a jaw after Stallone's.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Found this really cool piece of fanart depicting what could happen if Ermac absorbed Scorpion's soul. Unfortunately I don't have a clue who the artist is.

Now that someone has expressed the idea, it's something I would actually like to see in an MK game! The only down side is that it would have to come at the expense of Scorpion (Ed Boon's favorite character) getting the short end of the stick. Due to the aforementioned reason, it's something that I doubt will ever happen on his watch. What do you think of the idea?
Last edited by LegendZilla on Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:59 pm, edited 4 times in total.

The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

LegendZilla wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:58 pm Found this really cool piece of fanart depicting what could happen if Ermac absorbed Scorpion's soul. Unfortunately I don't have a clue who the artist is.

Now that someone has expressed the idea, it's something I would actually like to see in an MK game! The only down side is that it would have to come at the expense of Scorpion (Ed Boon's favorite character) getting the short end of the stick. Due to the aforementioned reason, it's something that I doubt will ever happen on his watch. What do you think of the idea?
Sounds and looks cool to me. Reminds me a bit of Todd MacFarlane's Spawn. Who popped up in the last MORTAL KOMBAT as a DLC. Which is why a Scorpion enhanced Ermac looks cool to me.
Two ideas I thought would make for new fighters for the roster would be a new return of sorts for a somewhat hated character, Kobra. Created as a sort've combination of Street Fighter's Ken Masters, and Johnny Laurence. The heavy of KARATE KID , and recently making an epic return in the COBRA KAI spinoff series. The Black Dragon member got a brief shout out in the reboot timeline in a dialogue between Kano ,and Eron Black in MORTAL KOMBAT X. In which the gunslinger Black mentioned he killed the Kobra.

Kobra could be brought back like Liu Kang was in Deception, and Armageddon as a zombie like the Chosen One was.
Also seeing MK creators, Ed Boon and John Tobias' fondness for horror characters, and even some prominent ones being included to the franchise. Howsabout, adding a practitioner of voodoo to the tournament. With all the necromancers, shamans, demon sorcerers ,and monks focused on their chi. A bokor, or voodoo queen in the tradition of the Voodoo Queen of New Orleans, Marie Laveau. Even using the legendary character herself for the game would make for an interesting addition for the MK mythos.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Ed Boon has been making a lot of Reptile teases and such on his Twitter. Is he trollin or actually hinting?

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

Yup, Stallone's Dredd would be easy for them to poke fun at in match dialog between the two.

Rambo: "You betrayed the law!"
Judge Dredd: "I am... the law!"

So they'd also be taking jabs at Disney, kill two birds with one stone pretty much.

As for how he could play differently from RoboCop, the answer to that is quite simple, too. Just make him MK's Hawkeye with several different ammunition rounds. He has Incendiary, High Explosive, Stun, Gas, semi and fully-automatic rounds. Sounds simple enough.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Here's a batch of new suggestions I have or potential future guests.

As for Video games characters, they'd best play it safe and stick with other M-rated franchises. My picks include Sam Fisher of Splinter Cell and Sweet Tooth from Twisted Metal. Assuming NetherRealm will be willing to make deals with Japanese game studios (namely Capcom), I'd pick Dante from Devil May Cry, or Asura from Asura's Wrath.

If they were to go for more R-Rated film characters (including horror), My picks will include Pennywise, Mad Max, Pinhead and Micheal Myers. When it comes to violent DC comics characters, I think the best bet to bring in would be Lobo or Deathstroke.

*edit* Since we've gotten the Joker in MK11 and a lot of people are still hoping to see Pennywise make the cut, that's got me wondering something : Why not create an original killer clown character for the franchise one day?
Last edited by LegendZilla on Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:37 am, edited 5 times in total.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Asura I think would be more fitting for Injustice 3 IMO.

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

While there's 0 chance they bring in a Japanese game character, if they ever did, Metal Gear's Raiden would be a great choice for one, but again, it's not happening because: 1)Japanese game studio and 2)because Konami are douchebags. Bandai-Namco probably tried to get the rights to him for SC6 and they turned them down, which is why the new character, Groh uses his likeness.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

KManX89 wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:01 am While there's 0 chance they bring in a Japanese game character, if they ever did, Metal Gear's Raiden would be a great choice for one, but again, it's not happening because: 1)Japanese game studio and 2)because Konami are douchebags. Bandai-Namco probably tried to get the rights to him for SC6 and they turned them down, which is why the new character, Groh uses his likeness.
And 3), there’s already a character named Raiden in MK.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rurouni Senator
Yojimbo

LegendZilla wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:39 am
KManX89 wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:01 am While there's 0 chance they bring in a Japanese game character, if they ever did, Metal Gear's Raiden would be a great choice for one, but again, it's not happening because: 1)Japanese game studio and 2)because Konami are douchebags. Bandai-Namco probably tried to get the rights to him for SC6 and they turned them down, which is why the new character, Groh uses his likeness.
And 4), there’s already a character named Raiden in MK.
I think you skipped on reason 3) Cyborg Raiden won't feel unique in that world.