Mortal Kombat General 2.0

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Re: Mortal Kombat General 2.0

Post by KManX89 »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
2004Zilla wrote:I just want to play as Spawn and Terminator.
We still don't know if the leak is true tho.
Unless it was outdated code and they've since changed their DLC roster, you better believe it's legit coming from a datamine. The MvCI datamine leak was 100% spot on from the final roster, including DLC.
Last edited by KManX89 on Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

KManX89 wrote:Unless it was outdated code and they've since changed their DLC roster, you better believe it's legit coming from a datamine. The MvCI datamine leak was 100% spot on from the final roster, including DLC.
Fair point.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

We apparently have data-mined DLC dialogue as well, which further increases its legitimacy.

Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Another reason I would had loved Pennywise would had been the interesting dialogue between Spawn and Pennywise given one of Spawn's enemies is an demonic clown known as Violator.

Oh well can't have everything in life.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Monster X
G-Force Personnel

Post by Monster X »

The dlc characters aren’t to bad. Of the MK characters most are long time favourites and Fujin was seemingly the most popular character to come out of MKs dark age. As for the crossovers...

Joker is ok, in fact he’s by far the best bring in from dc given that he’s character.

Spawn... if this was I few years back I’d care more. I’ve just lost I interest in him. He’ll be really cool though.

Given that Ash just became playable in Dead by Daylight, this isn’t too shocking. I’m really happy as like the joker he can fit in pretty easily and should be fun to play. I’ve heard you can unlock different intros for characters, I hope Ash has one that lets me do this...

Terminator is an odd one. Is it Arnnie, the robot form, a different T-800, the T-1000? It will be intreasting. Can’t help but get an Alien/Baraka bib from this one.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VS-JwD8AzQ0

Also love I'm the only one talking about the story modes ending. So the ending is
Spoiler:
the first happy ending we had in a long time since MK4. It's been doom and gloom since MK: Deadly Alliance.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Living Corpse wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VS-JwD8AzQ0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VS-JwD8AzQ0

Also love I'm the only one talking about the story modes ending. So the ending is
Spoiler:
the first happy ending we had in a long time since MK4. It's been doom and gloom since MK: Deadly Alliance.
Didn’t MK Deception have one with Shujinko beating the Dragon King (at least in Arcade mode)?
Last edited by GodzillavsZilla on Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Saansilt
Futurian

Post by Saansilt »

Living Corpse
Spoiler:
I have to say it was awesome. I loved how Liu Kang finally got his just reward and with Kitana should one floor Kronika. The music was awesome as well in the chapter intro. I'm just also a bit sad. The new folks like Cassie and Takeda and Kung Jin kinda grew on me. X was neat in how it was like "these have consequences. But people will still fight to make the best of this world." I mean I would have liked to see that story progress. Though a rerailed Raiden back into heroism was good to see. It just felt right.
Last edited by Saansilt on Thu May 02, 2019 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gawdziller wrote:I fully endorse this comment.
Chris55 wrote: Anyone else hear Groundskeeper Willie when they read that?
My One Shot, "That Which was Before":
http://tohokingdom.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=22367

GODZILLA LIKE YOU'VE NEVER SEEN HIM BEFORE!
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=25688

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Just finished the campaign, thoroughly enjoyed it for the most part. However there were a few issues that pulled me out of the game.

1. Ronda Rousey as Sonya Blade, probably the WORST voice acting this decade. I have never caught myself focusing on voice actors unless they're superb, but Jesus, every time Sonya popped up all I heard was a monotone phoned in Ronda Rousey line here and there that seemed like she was too close to the microphone most of the time. Seemed like they used her first take for the game, completely pulled me out.

2. Kronika, Worst boss ever. Shinnok and Shao Kahn were at LEAST entertaining to fight, you could use any combo, X-Rays all the works. With her though? She's not affected by specials and is a NIGHTMARE to face on normal/hard. I won't get too much into it because of spoilers but yeah, terrible.

3. The exchange between Johnny Cages resulting in a pretty forced moment.

Everything else though? Great stuff.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Fri May 03, 2019 8:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

When do you guys think the first Kombat Pack will have its reveal even though we already know at this point who it will all be?

And what will the first Kombat Pack consist of is the more interesting question.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Fri May 03, 2019 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Well, now that I've had ample time to play MK11, I guess I can Kollect my thoughts on it now. I really like it. Story mode is pretty cut and dry, but fun. Yeah, some stuff is wonky and cringy, but it's a fighting game... MK at that. Never been known to be high art in its writing. The game play is pretty fun and I think an overall improvement over MKX. Kronika is a unique villain, a lot more annoying and difficult than Shinnok whom was more of an annoyance for me in MKX.

Per usual, the violence just keeps getting more and more brutal. LOVING the fatalities in 11, especially Johnny and Shao Kahn's. As two of my mains, I just LOVE using theirs after every match. However, one thing I am already missing from X and MK9 is stage fatalities. WHY ARE THERE NONE!? Some of the arenas have PERFECT set ups for stage fatalities, including a god damn T-Rex on the edge of one of the stages. WHY CAN I NOT FEED THE REX!?

I do think the biggest flaw with this game, however, is its roster. Not to say it isn't good and better than X's, I just think it could have been... more. I guess this in my nostalgia speaking, but I was really hoping to see Milenna, Reptile, Ermac and Nightwolf in the base roster. Erron Black and Nightwolf's cowboys and Indians dialogue could have been great, but if rumors are true, I guess we'll get it in DLC anyway. As a fan of the ninjas, I just wanted to see the major ones all reunited again. But it is great having Noob back. The three new characters I do find A LOT more original and better than most of X's new ones (namely the "next generation" ones). Glad the good ones from X (D'vorah, Kotal and Erron returned this time around).

The lack of the cyborgs is also a bit of an issue. Yeah, we got Frost but I never really cared for her anyway. Kind of depressing Sektor and Cyrax are limited to NPCs. Oh well.

The arenas this go around are A LOT better and more MK-like than X's, IMO. Loving the hive and fire garden arenas. Just so cool to see fights go down here. Wish some more classic arenas were here and there (PIT), but that's what DLC can be for!

The Towers of Time have been pretty fun. Haven't done too much in there, but I've completed a handful and gotten some nice rewards.

Haven't done too much Kustomizing outside of the character skins. I've unlocked a handful that I really like and have applied to the default move sets. Highly doubt I'm going to be making my own move sets. Just seems kind of... meh. I can see how/why some folks get a kick out of such a thing, but I just want to pick up the game and kick some ass.

This next complaint a bit nit picky, but I feel some of the unlockable skins for the fighters just... don't fit them at all. Like, why does Skarlet have a green and yellow dress? Kitana in orange...? I imagine these skins were an after lunch project for Netherealm on a Monday or something but they just look boring. On the plus side, for every blah skin, there's some great gear that I can't wait to unlock.

So, in a short run down, my real hopes for MK11 DLC if the rumors of them keeping this alive for several years pans out...

- Multiple Kombat Packs. First one is confirmed 6 fighters. Please bring in Milenna, Reptile, Ermac, Nightwolf, Cyrax, Sektor, Havik, Nitara and Reiko. I know the leak also mentions the likes of Sindel, but I really don't care about her at all. I also wouldn't mind Bo Rai Cho again... but I doubt we'll see him after being DLC in X.
- More classic arenas. Missing the Pit big time. Would love a new city arena and Shang Tsung's Flesh Pits to return.
- "Sexy" skins. I imagine this would get feminsists all up in arms, but I grew up with the sexy characters of MK and such. Yeah, the females look like actual warriors, which is cool. But..... bouncing boobs please? I mean, we still have Shao Kahn running around like a demonic version of Magic Mike, can't we have some bikini armor for Jade and Kitana?

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

MM Raids Again wrote: So, in a short run down, my real hopes for MK11 DLC if the rumors of them keeping this alive for several years pans out...

- Multiple Kombat Packs. First one is confirmed 6 fighters. Please bring in Milenna, Reptile, Ermac, Nightwolf, Cyrax, Sektor, Havik, Nitara and Reiko. I know the leak also mentions the likes of Sindel, but I really don't care about her at all. I also wouldn't mind Bo Rai Cho again... but I doubt we'll see him after being DLC in X.
- More classic arenas. Missing the Pit big time. Would love a new city arena and Shang Tsung's Flesh Pits to return.
- "Sexy" skins. I imagine this would get feminsists all up in arms, but I grew up with the sexy characters of MK and such. Yeah, the females look like actual warriors, which is cool. But..... bouncing boobs please? I mean, we still have Shao Kahn running around like a demonic version of Magic Mike, can't we have some bikini armor for Jade and Kitana?
I completely agree, the "sexy" skins have always made MK unique, they didn't shy away from showing skin, all of the men have and have had shirtless skins in every game including 11. The women of MK always looked stunningly gorgeous, like peak humans. Now that's not to say there aren't some decently hot skins but it's just not the same. Now they feel kinda generic.

With the roster, you can really feel the emptiness without the Klassics, Reptile, Ermac for sure, Cyrax, Mileena, Nightwolf. I'm just glad my 4 favorites (Liu Kang, Scorpion, Noob Saibot, Shao Kahn) got their chance to shine.

Added in 33 minutes 3 seconds:
Another thing is, where's the secret fighters? I'm sure they'd be extremely difficult to find, especially 2 weeks into release, but I highly doubt they're there.

"Recently discussed by NetherRealm Studios’ Advanced Designer Paulo Garcia in an interview simply stated, “There will be secret characters, sure.”
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

Post by Noble Saber »

_JNavs_ wrote:Another thing is, where's the secret fighters? I'm sure they'd be extremely difficult to find, especially 2 weeks into release, but I highly doubt they're there.

"Recently discussed by NetherRealm Studios’ Advanced Designer Paulo Garcia in an interview simply stated, “There will be secret characters, sure.”
They're not there. Frost was supposed to be the only secret character, but since the leak confirmed her it ruined the suprise. People would have found any other characters by now.

However, if the datamine leak is true, we should be getting 18 DLC characters for MK11. We know 12 of them, so there's still a chance for Reptile, Ermac, Mileena, the cyborgs, etc.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

2004Zilla wrote:However, if the datamine leak is true, we should be getting 18 DLC characters for MK11. We know 12 of them, so there's still a chance for Reptile, Ermac, Mileena, the cyborgs, etc.
Watch that rest be guest characters like Pennywise, Michael Myers and such. :lol:

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

2004Zilla wrote: Frost was supposed to be the only secret character, but since the leak confirmed her it ruined the surprise.
Spoiler culture strikes again.

Anyways, Skarlet's story costume should have been her default. She looks so cute I'm gonna die.

And it's not even her default costume is bad, it's that stupid headpiece.
Last edited by BlankAccount on Sun May 05, 2019 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

2004Zilla wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:Another thing is, where's the secret fighters? I'm sure they'd be extremely difficult to find, especially 2 weeks into release, but I highly doubt they're there.

They're not there. Frost was supposed to be the only secret character, but since the leak confirmed her it ruined the suprise. People would have found any other characters by now.

However, if the datamine leak is true, we should be getting 18 DLC characters for MK11. We know 12 of them, so there's still a chance for Reptile, Ermac, Mileena, the cyborgs, etc.
Well, consider my hopes raised. Rather hope Quan Chi and Shinnok also make a return...

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

What's everyone's predictions on the six in the first Kombat Pack?

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:What's everyone's predictions on the six in the first Kombat Pack?
Well, with Bruce Campbell announcing he is NOT taking part, I guess the "leaked" DLC roster is a bust. Hopefully. So my "predictions" (read as hope)

1. Shang Tsung
2. Cyrax
3. Sektor
4. Nightwolf
5. Reptile
6. Mileena

I have a feeling Ermac is going to be in, one way or another, along with Sheeva, at some point. Mainly because Sheeva DOES have a model and everything and Ermac also has a model that can be seen in Krypt.

My whole "prediction" (again, read as WISHLIST) for 19 if possible

1. Shang Tsung
2. Cyrax
3. Sektor
4. Nightwolf
5. Reptile
6. Mileena
7. Havik
8. Nitara
9. Ermac
10. Shinnok
11. Quan Chi
12. Bo Rai Cho
13. Reiko
14. Sheeva
15. Guest
16. Guest
17. Guest
18. Guest
19. Guest
Last edited by Mac Daddy MM on Tue May 07, 2019 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quote of the Year:

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Ah so its been debunked then?

Yes! There's hope for Pennywise! :D

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:What's everyone's predictions on the six in the first Kombat Pack?
First Kombat Pack
1. Sektor
2. Ermac
3. Kenshi
4. Sheeva
5. Nightwolf
6. Shang Tsung

Second Kombat Pack
1. Mileena
2. Terminator
3. Pennywise
4. Spawn