Mortal Kombat General 2.0

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
SoggyNoodles2016

Re: Mortal Kombat General 2.0

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

yeah, I'm still waiting for Ash too but getting to recreate Robocop vs Terminator in HD untill then is MORE then enough to tide me over.

RIP Evan.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:yeah, I'm still waiting for Ash too but getting to recreate Robocop vs Terminator in HD untill then is MORE then enough to tide me over.
Oh yeah. And to top it off, it's based on the original RoboCop with Peter Weller voicing him!

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Story expansion yes! I've been wanting to see that. And that friendship with the teddy bear was wonderful. Robocop is take him or leave him, Fujin looks like he's gonna be a lot of fun to play.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Nice lil Robocop shot.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

I hope we get a costume that shows off Sheva's sex pack abs-I meant six pack abs! Six! SIX!

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

I think any worries that RoboCop would play too similar to Terminator have been put to bed. We knew he'd have his lil sidearm and hand blade, but now we know he has a flamethrower and in one of the screen shots, it seems he has a sort of shield.

I won't be surprised if the three skin packs come out once a month until October and another DLC batch gets dumped then, just in time for Halloween with Michael Myers leading another group of fighters. The game still holds spots for 42 playable characters and with these three, the roster screen can still fit 8 more (again, totaling to 42). Not even a month ago, the voice cast posted tweets that they were heading in to do voice recording. That voice recording is most likely for the next batch of DLC that I would be willing to put money down will hit around Halloween, perfect timing to sync up with the next Halloween movie and feature Michael Myers as a guest fighter alongside 2 or 3 more classic fighters.

I honestly expect NRS to be doing some hardcore trolling with Ash and will give him to us as a final DLC fighter. Sort of a big "screw you" for ruining the surprise, so now we're going to make you doubt what you already know.
Last edited by Mac Daddy MM on Wed May 06, 2020 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quote of the Year:

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

Pumped for RoboCop! It's even got Peter Weller doing the voiceover. YES!

The expansion is a little overpriced, though. $40 for 3 characters, a few skins and an expanded story on top of paying $100 for the base game and the expansion pass? But I'll still get it.
My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

KManX89 wrote:Pumped for RoboCop! It's even got Peter Weller doing the voiceover. YES!
As a Michigan native, it's cool to see Spawn and Robocop represent our mitten & goat state.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Honestly this just kinda makes me wish we could bring in DLC characters from the other games. I wanna see Arnie terminate a Predator goshdarnit!

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

It would be really fun if they brought back tower ending continuities with the new Aftermath expansion characters, like with these

Robo-Cop's time police army Vs. Frost's time-traveling Cyborg Ninja Army

That would be cool!

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

ED-209 is Robocop's fatality, I'm gonna bust a noodle

RIP Evan.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

ROMG4 wrote:It would be really fun if they brought back tower ending continuities with the new Aftermath expansion characters, like with these

Robo-Cop's time police army Vs. Frost's time-traveling Cyborg Ninja Army

That would be cool!
The DLC characters do have tower endings... Unless I'm not understanding what you're asking for.

Anyway... THAT ROBOCOP. Holy f'n balls. I want everybody who kept screaming he'd be too much like Terminator to legit eat a piece of a paper with all of their BS attitude.
Last edited by GodzillavsZilla on Wed May 13, 2020 2:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Quote of the Year:

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

I know the franchise has delved into RPG territory before with Deception and its Konquest mode, but how would you guys feel if they made a Mortal Kombat MMORPG?
Last edited by LegendZilla on Fri May 15, 2020 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

LegendZilla wrote:I know the franchise has delved into RPG territory before with Deception and its Konquest mode, but how would you guys feel if they made a Mortal Kombat MMORPG?
Like an M-rated WOW? I'd play it, lol. There's enough races, factions, etc to choose from to turn it into such a thing. And if done right, player versus player fights could be transition into your typical match while boss fights/raids could be treated like those special tag team match events found in the Towers of Time.

Quote of the Year:

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Aftermath gets released tomorrow. I am HYPED as hell. Was said in the Kombat Kast today that players should do story before trying the new characters first. Makes me wonder if there's some other goodies hidden in story like Frost was initially hidden in story. Also confirmed future Kombat Kasts, which means we sure as hell ain't done with this game's life yet.

Quote of the Year:

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

I don't agree that the game should have $40 DLC

Looks like cool content, but again, should've been $15-$20 tops
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Mon May 25, 2020 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

_JNavs_ wrote:I don't agree that the game should have $40 DLC

Looks like cool content, but again, should've been $15-$20 tops
It better have been a substantial amount of Story Mode content added if they're charging us $40 for an updated Story Mode and a few new characters and skins even if I do love RoboCop.
My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Beat the new story chapters. REALLY liked the return of Shang, Sindel and Shao Kahn actually seemingly like a TRUE threat (with Shang actually being a TRUE threat). Much better than what we got from Shinnok in MKX, IMO. The new fighters are pretty fun, getting the hang of Robocop and Fujin, but Sheeva is a beast and a half.

As for datamined stuff, some new stuff has come to the surface...

Ash has been completely removed from the game's files... again.
Cyrax and Sektor have been added back in.
New DLC character interactions with Sektor have been found.
No new files have been added to indicate the next batch of DLC.

Quote of the Year: