Mortal Kombat General 2.0

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
_JNavs_
Keizer

Re: Mortal Kombat General 2.0

Post by _JNavs_ »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:Then you haven't been reading many DC comics :lol: . Most consist of some pretty brutal stuff. Pre 52, Post 52. Flashpoint, Metal, Crisis, Injustice, Earth 3, Any batman book ever, graphic novels, The entirety of Futures End where they're all ripped to shreds and turned into robot cyborgs. and much much much more. They're not Marvel.
And still another problem like I said. Batman never kills nor do the other heroes normally.
In the Injustice universe everyone kills. It's just how life is there now
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Still I'd rather DC and Mortal Kombat never cross again. Should had been Killer Instinct to begin with.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Still I'd rather DC and Mortal Kombat never cross again. Should had been Killer Instinct to begin with.
There's one problem : Killer Instinct is Xbox Exclusive.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

LegendZilla wrote:
GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Still I'd rather DC and Mortal Kombat never cross again. Should had been Killer Instinct to begin with.
There's one problem : Killer Instinct is Xbox Exclusive.
Plus MK is like the pinnacle of fighting games, Street Fighter is second, with Tekken coming in third. Killer Instinct while a decent game is basically a free version of all of these^ , it lacks the same quality vibes and feels somewhat cheap. I doubt Netherrealm would even bother attempting a crossover

kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

Dumb thought, since this is getting ported to the switch. Do you think that they asked Nintendo, if could use one of there characters as DLC?

Stranger things have happened.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

kingkevzilla88 wrote:Dumb thought, since this is getting ported to the switch. Do you think that they asked Nintendo, if could use one of there characters as DLC?

Imagine seeing Mario get decapitated and ripped into halves whilst getting his own blood shot into his eye sockets.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

LegendZilla wrote:There's one problem : Killer Instinct is Xbox Exclusive.
Maybe but it still fits more with that then it ever would with DC.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:There's one problem : Killer Instinct is Xbox Exclusive.
Maybe but it still fits more with that then it ever would with DC.
I would understand this point if Injustice wasn't doing big numbers and hadn't had equally graphic content going on, but they do. So why don't you like the idea of an Injustice (Not typical boyscout heroes) vs Mortal Kombat?
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Just a thought I had the other day, but how would ya'll feel if for MK12, Nether realm did something totally unexpected and made a new MK with 100% new characters. New ninjas, new agents, etc. The only returning characters would be some of the more popular new guys that have been introduced in MKX and MK11?

Then, for DLC, they'd release packs that would include Klassic Kombatants. Like a ninja pack that would have Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Ermac, Noob, Rain, etc. So you could still play as them, but they wouldn't be in the story mode what's so ever so that the game could actually flesh out newer fighters and story lines while carving out some new gaming icons.

Not that I dislike Scorpion and Sub-Zero (they could be pre-order bonuses...?), but I think it's time to get some new guys built up. I'm a firm believer that with some good focus and characterization, the likes of Erron Black and Kotal Kahn could become new icons for this franchise.

Just an idea. :D

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

No MK game will ever have no Scorpion in Base Roster. Never gonna happen.

GodzillavsZilla
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GodzillavsZilla »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:No MK game will ever have no Scorpion in Base Roster. Never gonna happen.

Though, Scorpion was added in Ultimate MK3, he's still not in the original version.
Last edited by GodzillavsZilla on Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BrashAlaskan95 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:I hope you plan on mounting this thing. :lol:
On my wall. ;)
I'll call it "Bob: The One Who Was skreeonk From The Start". :lol:
skreeonk scary shit though if it is just scratches.
Zilla103192 wrote:She saw Godzilla fly... And just gave up. She called bullshit, broke up with me, and just left.

Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

Post by Noble Saber »

Funnily enough, Mortal Kombat 3 is the reason why I don't want a MK game without the classics. I'm a firm believer that they should keep with the characters they already have and flesh them out more instead of adding pointless new ones.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

GodzillavsZilla wrote:Though, Scorpion was added in Ultimate MK3, he's still not in the original version.
Still Mortal Kombat 3. Still counts as the same. Its just an updated version of it.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

kingkevzilla88 wrote:Dumb thought, since this is getting ported to the switch. Do you think that they asked Nintendo, if could use one of there characters as DLC?

Khameleon has only appeared on Nintendo versions of MK games.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Armageddon, as much as I love it for nostalgia, Had way too many characters and tried to juggle way too much. New characters need to be trickled in, you can't do a blood transfer in one go or else you'll die of all kinds of shock, same concept.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Jade's been revealed.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Is Jade finally the best Jade or is Kitana still the best Jade?

ArchdukeCaligula
Monsterland Worker

Post by ArchdukeCaligula »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Here's other ideal guest characters.

Doom Slayer (Doom)
This would be a likely choice, especially with Doom Eternal coming out. In any case I hope Doomguy gets his classic design as a skin(It's pretty much a given honestly but you never know).
HayesAJones wrote:
ArchdukeCaligula wrote:The Giant Behemoth(does that thing have a name)
He answers to Franklin.
JAGzilla wrote:^ What... the skreeonk… has gone wrong in your life that this level of hatred is directed at a cartoon three-year-old? :lol:

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

ArchdukeCaligula wrote:
GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Here's other ideal guest characters.

Doom Slayer (Doom)
This would be a likely choice, especially with Doom Eternal coming out. In any case I hope Doomguy gets his classic design as a skin(It's pretty much a given honestly but you never know).
The armor with the abs exposed? Yes please.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

So I was playing some SSBU and started thinking about Scorpion again. And then I began thinking if Scorpion gets in Smash, would Nintendo want/allow them to add a Nintendo character to MK11? Who would really fit MK to begin with? The most obvious choice (from Smash) would be Bayonetta, IMHO. However, I started thinking about two other characters that could fit MK and the violence levels in MK wouldn't seem too much a stretch for their displayed characters/personalities.

Ganondorf. In an adult setting, I think he could really shine and be brutal. His attacks in Smash are powerful and his move set writes itself.

And secondly, which is probably just a pipe dream... Mewtwo. An easy move set to do up, I just don't know if Nintendo (or the general public) is ready to see a Poke'mon rip a person to shreds.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?