Jurassic World Evolution

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Re: Jurassic World Evolution

Post by gottatalktothefake »

Trying not to scream in excitement rn

Added in 4 minutes 12 seconds:
>75 species
>mainland parks
>aquatic and flying reptiles

Ohmygodohmygodohmygod
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Sure news species got it all

How about the fighting animation?

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Hello, again you king of kings :)

Also,
Amargasaurus
confirmed.

This looks fantastic already. Can't wait to see what the new marine and aerial reptiles can do. Also, Chaos Theory mode sounds like the kind of missions I ACTUALLY WANTED.
Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.

RIP Evan.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

JWE has like 30 species added after launch. We have a potential for a 100 species total
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Lol the subreddit is a mess, it’s just people raging at others for being excited

EdGojira
E.S.P.Spy

Post by EdGojira »

Was excited initially. We have a Coelophysis, a Triassic animal. That's a very cool choice. The Herrarasaurus looked pretty rad in the first game too. Thing is, that's all the dinosaurs did was look pretty while---graphics notwithstanding---everything else was decidedly less pretty. The management was shallow and repetitive. The parks themselves were plain, with butt ugly architecture and no real guest accomodations to make it feel real. Every park looked the same because of the very limited build tools. I played for a little bit around October before putting down the controller and haven't felt compelled to pick it up since. That could just be because I am often busy, but it's not the first thing that jumps to into mind if I'm wanting to have fun.

Going to the site and checking out their gallery, I see the same limited building as before. Same path as the first game, even. Really shines doubt that any of the rest of the gameplay is going to be better. Really looks at the moment like another instance of pretty, but devoid of substance.
Last edited by EdGojira on Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shoopwoop17
Interpol Agent

Post by Shoopwoop17 »

I'm excited for this, and surprised it is coming out so soon! 75 dinosaurs in game on release. The last game had 68 in total (I believe), which means that if we add Dimorphodon, Mosasaurus, Coelophysis, and Amargasaurus, there are still three others we don't know. If we include the Scorpius rex (which I doubt), that's only two, but that's still fantastic. Not having to wait for them to add any of the old species would be awesome. I'd bet they will add many of the JW:D species when the movie comes out, which means some of the dinosaurs that are in the game might not be included...either way, we're getting awesome dinosaur/prehistoric reptile variety.

I'm also glad that they've already shown many varieties of aviary, showing that we will actually be able to build proper aviaries instead of just placing them like in RTJP. Plus the Chaos Theory missions make me think that all of the RTJP scenery (and scenery from the other movies) will be in the game at launch as well.

I doubt this will happen, but it would be great if we could load our old parks into the new game.
Check out my Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/atxspider/

It is mostly Spider-Man themed, but I'd love to talk cosplay, lightsaber commissions, and countless other topics.

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

gottatalktothefake wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:01 pm Lol the subreddit Internet is a mess, it’s just people raging at others for being excited
Yeah.

SoggyNoodles2016

Shoopwoop17 wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:29 am I'm excited for this, and surprised it is coming out so soon! 75 dinosaurs in game on release. The last game had 68 in total (I believe), which means that if we add Dimorphodon, Mosasaurus, Coelophysis, and Amargasaurus, there are still three others we don't know. If we include the Scorpius rex (which I doubt), that's only two, but that's still fantastic. Not having to wait for them to add any of the old species would be awesome. I'd bet they will add many of the JW:D species when the movie comes out, which means some of the dinosaurs that are in the game might not be included...either way, we're getting awesome dinosaur/prehistoric reptile variety.
We actually don't have confirmation it's the same roster. So it might be a brand new 75 with mixed in oldies (I know the wording definitely suggests more pterosaurs and marine reptiles then the film ones)

As long as we get the film 16, I'm happy.
Plus the Chaos Theory missions make me think that all of the RTJP scenery (and scenery from the other movies) will be in the game at launch as well.
Yeah, again, I can't wait to see what I can do in this mode.

I doubt this will happen, but it would be great if we could load our old parks into the new game.
I would agree if I hadn't just uninstalled my old game to restart it on PS4 :lol: :lol: :lol:

RIP Evan.

Voddak
Ronin

Post by Voddak »

I wonder if the hybrids will come back in any capacity. I am hoping for a good selection of aquatics though. Helicoprion pretty please?

Beast Blood
G-Force Personnel

Post by Beast Blood »

gottatalktothefake wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:01 pm Lol the subreddit is a mess, it’s just people raging at others for being excited
I ended up unsubbing from several gaming subreddits partly 'cause I got tired of that kinda thing.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

New interview came out that confirmed dynamic fights, pack hunting and aquatic and flying creatures behaving like the dinosaurs do

SoggyNoodles2016

gottatalktothefake wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:59 am New interview came out that confirmed dynamic fights, pack hunting and aquatic and flying creatures behaving like the dinosaurs do
Already this game is based

RIP Evan.

Voddak
Ronin

Post by Voddak »

Mmmm yes. I wonder if there are any cephalopods you can obtain. Would make for some interesting battles.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Voddak wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:15 am Mmmm yes. I wonder if there are any cephalopods you can obtain. Would make for some interesting battles.
Just appears to be aquatic and flying reptiles (Mosasaurus, Plesiosaurus, Ichthyosaurus, Pteranodon and Quetzalcoatlus, if the leaks are correct).
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Voddak wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:15 am Mmmm yes. I wonder if there are any cephalopods you can obtain. Would make for some interesting battles.
It would be if they implemented new fighting animations instead of reuse the same animations over and over again

SoggyNoodles2016

Thatguy4683 wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:57 am
It would be if they implemented new fighting animations instead of reuse the same animations over and over again
They literally just said they are, bruh, stop posting about this.

If I wanted to hear the same tired and salty criticisms of the game, I'd go to the subreddit.

RIP Evan.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:28 pm

If I wanted to hear the same tired and salty criticisms of the game, I'd go to the subreddit.
It’s not even the criticisms I hate about the sub. It’s the exaggerations I see on there. People saying it’s a broken game on par with fallout 76, people not understanding the words objective and subjective, the frothing rage at those excited for it. It’s all terrible.

The sub is the definition of toxic and entitled and I can’t stand it. I’m mostly wondering what they’ll complain about now.

SoggyNoodles2016

I have never agreed more, Fake.

My life has been better since avoiding everything but like....a few photos.

Oh there will be something. There always is.

RIP Evan.

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:28 pm

sorry, I wasn’t really paying attention