Jurassic World Evolution

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
Shoopwoop17
Interpol Agent

Re: Jurassic World Evolution

Post by Shoopwoop17 »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
Shoopwoop17 wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
Spoiler:
A improved sequel is coming in 2021 to tie in with Jurassic World 3. Despite it being the focus of most of Frontier's efforts, Evolution will still be updated and given attention, just on a smaller scale.
Spoiler:
If that is true... I hope that they allow us to upload our old parks into the new game, that way the effort wouldn't be lost
I hope for a tiny dinosaur pack. Psittacosaurus, Hypsilophodon, Segisaurus, and Coelophysis are all critters I would love to see in the game. Plus more odd sauropods: Saltasaurus, Amargasaurus.However, possibly controversial opinion, I would rather not see Oviraptor, Therizinosaurus, or Deinocheirus. In my opinion, those dinosaurs need feathers, and I doubt Frontier would properly feather them.

Bro.....

I've been literally arguing that on the subreddit for AGES with no one agreeing.

I'm not alone.

Thank you....

(Tiny Dino and Sauropod Pack FTW)
Trust me, you aren't alone. There are certain dinosaurs that I feel cannot be done justice without feathers, and those are among them. I am glad to show you that there is still hope in the world :lol:
Check out my Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/atxspider/

It is mostly Spider-Man themed, but I'd love to talk cosplay, lightsaber commissions, and countless other topics.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

I wanna see them in the game without feathers. Because it would make the paleontology discords SEETHE

Added in 1 day 24 minutes 7 seconds:
Oh yeah I'm so ready for tomorrow.

Added in 12 hours 30 minutes 9 seconds:
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

Shoopwoop17
Interpol Agent

Post by Shoopwoop17 »

Finals are keeping me from playing it until tomorrow, but it is looking fantastic. I cannot wait.

Yo!!! They actually added a red Rex! My novel park is going to be that much more accurate!
Last edited by Shoopwoop17 on Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

It is mostly Spider-Man themed, but I'd love to talk cosplay, lightsaber commissions, and countless other topics.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Sadly, I have finals as well until 5 but once I get out

Shoopwoop17 wrote:Yo!!! They actually added a red Rex! My novel park is going to be that much more accurate!
I had the exact same thought lol

RIP Evan.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Finished it

It’s real good
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

SoggyNoodles2016

So, just finished the main campaign for Return to Jurassic Park

Thoughts:

- every legacy skin is a goddamn blessing. They are all gorgeous and gave a lot of dinosaurs whose JW counterparts weren't my favorite some much needed love.
- The Aviary should get boring with all the looping but the Pterandons are too gorgeous to care.
- I fucking love the compies, oh my god. The fact the game treats them as a full on dinosaur for population and transport by copter is hilarious. Also hilarious is they apparently won't break out of normal non-cable fences either
- Speaking of transport, the Sorna hatchery system for 1993 is so much better then waiting for them to pop out of a hatchery, especially if you're dealing with a high social species like the Stegosaurus
- Nice to have the old trio back together again. Good tease for Jurassic World 3: Billy And The Clonesaurus

All in all, well worth the money.

RIP Evan.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:So, just finished the main campaign for Return to Jurassic Park

Thoughts:

- every legacy skin is a goddamn blessing. They are all gorgeous and gave a lot of dinosaurs whose JW counterparts weren't my favorite some much needed love.
- The Aviary should get boring with all the looping but the Pterandons are too gorgeous to care.
- I skreeonking love the compies, oh my god. The fact the game treats them as a full on dinosaur for population and transport by copter is hilarious. Also hilarious is they apparently won't break out of normal non-cable fences either
- Speaking of transport, the Sorna hatchery system for 1993 is so much better then waiting for them to pop out of a hatchery, especially if you're dealing with a high social species like the Stegosaurus
- Nice to have the old trio back together again. Good tease for Jurassic World 3: Billy And The Clonesaurus

All in all, well worth the money.
That last mission was like a plot to a Godzilla movie and I loved it.

TLW campaign when

Shoopwoop17
Interpol Agent

Post by Shoopwoop17 »

Tragic development: I bought the DLC only to find out that there is no XBOX at home and I will have to wait for my brother to bring his back from school on the 20th.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Shoopwoop17 wrote:Tragic development: I bought the DLC only to find out that there is no XBOX at home and I will have to wait for my brother to bring his back from school on the 20th.
That fucking sucks

Added in 1 day 10 hours 1 minute 8 seconds:
Just to let you guys know, the JP era is a LOT easier in challenge mode. I got the fast for a biped achievement on my first try on hard.

SoggyNoodles2016

bumping because Lunar New Year sale is dope

Added in 7 days 1 minute 7 seconds:
More leaks, folks!

This one is even more grain of salt
Spoiler:
JWE2 is getting ALL the love currently. New planned escape, combat and social features (meant for Return to Jurassic Park) have been relegated to it.

Frontier is currently campaigning to Universal for marine and pterosaurs for whole game, with concepts for the Mosasaurus, Plesiosaurs and Icthyosaurs already made up.

Evolution 2 will feature different biomes for parks like tundra and tropical.

NO dinosaurs, even DLC ones, will be cut from appearing in Evo2

Leaker mentioned Therzinosaurus, Concavenator, Dimetrodon, Amargasaurus, Wuerhosaurus and Archaeopteryx as some of the creatures being worked on as well as 25 unnamed other species.

Different buildings like petting zoos and guest dinosaur feeding stations.

Dinosaurs will be able to swim.

Evolution is technically finished development wise but Frontier is still gonna be providing updates for bugs and small content like dinosaur dlcs.

RIP Evan.

ReiwaGodzilla
Interpol Agent

Post by ReiwaGodzilla »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:bumping because Lunar New Year sale is dope

Added in 7 days 1 minute 7 seconds:
More leaks, folks!

This one is even more grain of salt
Spoiler:
JWE2 is getting ALL the love currently. New planned escape, combat and social features (meant for Return to Jurassic Park) have been relegated to it.

Frontier is currently campaigning to Universal for marine and pterosaurs for whole game, with concepts for the Mosasaurus, Plesiosaurs and Icthyosaurs already made up.

Evolution 2 will feature different biomes for parks like tundra and tropical.

NO dinosaurs, even DLC ones, will be cut from appearing in Evo2

Leaker mentioned Therzinosaurus, Concavenator, Dimetrodon, Amargasaurus, Wuerhosaurus and Archaeopteryx as some of the creatures being worked on as well as 25 unnamed other species.

Different buildings like petting zoos and guest dinosaur feeding stations.

Dinosaurs will be able to swim.

Evolution is technically finished development wise but Frontier is still gonna be providing updates for bugs and small content like dinosaur dlcs.
Spoiler:
If that's true (i hope it isn't) I'm glad they finally will add Archaeo to something big in the franchise, Archaeopteryx is definitely a "classic" dinosaur and would appear sometime in the franchise (i think he appeared in Jurassic Park somewhere in the walls just as decoration), though, appearing in something related to Jurassic Park and specially Jurassic World isn't the best thing to do, specially when you have chances of being just a generic green (or other colors that Archaeopteryx probably wasn't) scaly dinobird. At least the reactions of him would be great.
Last edited by ReiwaGodzilla on Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When those fleeting lives destined to die, forget their humbleness and sing praises of their glory, such will shake the very heavens and split the earth, and they shall know the wrath of the divine. The inevitable incarnation of destruction. So, you show yourself at last. Since we last saw each other, it has been 20 years for us and 20,000 years for you. It's been a while... Oh, King of Destruction.

SoggyNoodles2016

Spoiler:
leaker confirmed Archaeo will be feathered. ;) which is good but on the one hand, makes me worry the feathers 3 is supposed to have is just gonna be a flick of them. :lol:

The only time I remember Archaeopteryxin the series is in one of the IDW runs where one had a cameo as a pet of a character

RIP Evan.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Spoiler:
Dang, Evolution 2 sounds like it might be the best "park builder" JP game out of the four! (i do count the mobile ones)

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

ReiwaGodzilla
Interpol Agent

Post by ReiwaGodzilla »

tyrantgoji wrote:
Spoiler:
Dang, Evolution 2 sounds like it might be the best "park builder" JP game out of the four! (i do count the mobile ones)
Oh, yes, it certainly will. But... I'm more interested in who will take crow of the best dinosaur related tycoon game, Prehistoric Kingdom seems to be pretty good. Long Live the King

Added in 9 minutes 5 seconds:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
Spoiler:
leaker confirmed Archaeo will be feathered. ;) which is good but on the one hand, makes me worry the feathers 3 is supposed to have is just gonna be a flick of them. :lol:

The only time I remember Archaeopteryxin the series is in one of the IDW runs where one had a cameo as a pet of a character
Spoiler:
I hope Archaeo is totally feathered just like the most incredible dinosaur in the franchise yet, the 1993 pelicans.
Actually, i think Archaeopteryx appeared several times in someway in the franchise, but as just as "generic fossil" decoration, just like his cameo in KOTM in the Castle Bravo Outpost.
Added in 7 minutes 30 seconds:
Also, does somebody noticed that Frontier utilizes Scott Hartman's skeletal drawings as reference sometimes? As an example, look at the Iguanodon. There are others dino that utilize that too. It's so cool and feels pretty authentic too, at least compared to the boring and grey dinosaurs of the Jurassic World franchise or the dinosaurs that Frontier didn't properly utilized reference like Carcharodontosaurus and even the Acrocanthosaurus.
When those fleeting lives destined to die, forget their humbleness and sing praises of their glory, such will shake the very heavens and split the earth, and they shall know the wrath of the divine. The inevitable incarnation of destruction. So, you show yourself at last. Since we last saw each other, it has been 20 years for us and 20,000 years for you. It's been a while... Oh, King of Destruction.

ScootaVaran
EDF Instructor

Post by ScootaVaran »

Why the spoiler tags? This is a park builder not The Last of Us 2.

Also I hate to be a downer here, but that seems a bit to good to be true. Everything everybody ever wanted just happens to coming out now? Eh...

Don't get me wrong cause I would love for it to be true. I've just seen this kind of stuff before.
The quickest way into a woman's bed is through her parents. Have sex with them and you're in. -Zapp Brannigan
For some Coffee inspired art, viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11147

SUPERTOHOREMIX
Futurian

Post by SUPERTOHOREMIX »

This is pretty funny.

All joking aside though we have gotten some cool mods in the past few months while Frontier remain silent.
Spoiler:

And a shed load more.
Last edited by SUPERTOHOREMIX on Tue May 05, 2020 11:08 am, edited 3 times in total.

SoggyNoodles2016

https://www.nexusmods.com/jurassicworld ... n/mods/178

This is my personal favorite.

I love the mods a lot (though I'm console so I don't get to play with them) but I really hope we get something official
Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Tue May 05, 2020 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

RIP Evan.

SUPERTOHOREMIX
Futurian

Post by SUPERTOHOREMIX »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:https://www.nexusmods.com/jurassicworld ... n/mods/178

This is my personal favorite.

I love the mods a lot (though I'm console so I don't get to play with them) but I really hope we get something official
His LW Giga is my absolute favourite. The colouring and skull redo in particular.

But now, we got a proper Mammoth, A Wolly Rhino and a Terror Bird all by Siaka.
Spoiler:

Added in 25 days 9 hours 4 minutes 13 seconds:
And now, mods have gotten to this stage:

This is just incredible.

Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

Post by Noble Saber »

Jurassic World Evolution with mods :tearsofjoy:

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

"Mr. Hammond, we're back in business."

Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.