Jurassic World Evolution

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
SoggyNoodles2016

Re: Jurassic World Evolution

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Gawdziller1954 wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
KaijuCanuck wrote:
I actually don’t mind the inaccurate sizes... heh heh heh #TRexfanboy
Honestly, it's not that inaccurate. Movie canon wise, Spino is about the same size as JW Rexy so it just needs a slight tweak. It's the Giga who needs a massive size increase.
Spino is still longer, taller, and more powerful than rexy. I don't care about what the fossil record says about the 2, i'm going with the canon sizes. Rexy is 40- 42 feet, spino is 43-46 feet depending on which source you use.
I didn't say anything about strength or power, I was talking about size in canon. And that's what I said. They basically are the same.

According to the official size chart that comes with JP3, the Spinosaurus is 16 ft tall at the head, 19 ft tall at the spine, and 43 ft long.

According to the Dinosaur Protection Group site, Rexy is 16 ft tall and 40 ft long, with different measurements in different places.

Not trying to say their equal or ones weaker, just that going by film canon, the Spino and Rex (which is based off of Rexy) in JWE should be around the same size, not having one be larger then the other.

Added in 3 minutes 35 seconds:
Granted, it's not a huge size diffrence,but you are right, Spinosaur is bigger.

As for the Giga situation, I think there's a pretty easy change Frontier can do. Change the digsite, rename the Giga into a smaller charcarodontosaur like Mapusaurus or Tyrannotitan, and make an actual Giganotosaurus later.
Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RIP Evan.

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
Gawdziller1954 wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
Honestly, it's not that inaccurate. Movie canon wise, Spino is about the same size as JW Rexy so it just needs a slight tweak. It's the Giga who needs a massive size increase.
Spino is still longer, taller, and more powerful than rexy. I don't care about what the fossil record says about the 2, i'm going with the canon sizes. Rexy is 40- 42 feet, spino is 43-46 feet depending on which source you use.
I didn't say anything about strength or power, I was talking about size in canon. And that's what I said. They basically are the same.

According to the official size chart that comes with JP3, the Spinosaurus is 16 ft tall at the head, 19 ft tall at the spine, and 43 ft long.

According to the Dinosaur Protection Group site, Rexy is 16 ft tall and 40 ft long, with different measurements in different places.

Not trying to say their equal or ones weaker, just that going by film canon, the Spino and Rex (which is based off of Rexy) in JWE should be around the same size, not having one be larger then the other.

As for the Giga situation, I think there's a pretty easy change Frontier can do. Change the digsite, rename the Giga into a smaller charcarodontosaur like Mapusaurus or Tyrannotitan, and make an actual Giganotosaurus later.
Frontier stated that they couldn't do that because it would "ruin gameplay and wreck the game" among other things.

On the Spino, IIRC there were official sources espousing a 46 foot length for the spinosaur.
OH NO, IT'S GAWDZILLER!! :D

SoggyNoodles2016

Gawdziller1954 wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
Gawdziller1954 wrote: Spino is still longer, taller, and more powerful than rexy. I don't care about what the fossil record says about the 2, i'm going with the canon sizes. Rexy is 40- 42 feet, spino is 43-46 feet depending on which source you use.

Frontier stated that they couldn't do that because it would "ruin gameplay and wreck the game" among other things.

On the Spino, IIRC there were official sources espousing a 46 foot length for the spinosaur.
They said that about resizing current Giga. I'm saying make current Giga a similar dinosaur and make an actual Giga later.

Honestly, 46 feet sounds a hell of a lot more accurate. Still, my point was the Spinosaur isn't much bigger then the JW Rexy they based JWE T. Rex on according to movie canon, so don't expect a Spino that dwarfs the rex.

Anyway, I don't care about size because my Gigas, Rexies, and Spinos never meet and I care more about other issues like herding, psycho carnos, and sleeping.

RIP Evan.

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
Gawdziller1954 wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:

They said that about resizing current Giga. I'm saying make current Giga a similar dinosaur and make an actual Giga later.

Honestly, 46 feet sounds a hell of a lot more accurate. Still, my point was the Spinosaur isn't much bigger then the JW Rexy they based JWE T. Rex on according to movie canon, so don't expect a Spino that dwarfs the rex.

Anyway, I don't care about size because my Gigas, Rexies, and Spinos never meet and I care more about other issues like herding, psycho carnos, and sleeping.
I dont want or expect a Spino that dwarfs rex, I just want a rex that doesn't dwarf spino like the current one does
OH NO, IT'S GAWDZILLER!! :D

SoggyNoodles2016

Agreed.

Anyways, think we should end here before we take up the whole thread.

RIP Evan.

SoggyNoodles2016

Confirmation on one thing for the new update: first person views from attractions like the viewing platforms and the monorail

RIP Evan.

SUPERTOHOREMIX
Futurian

Post by SUPERTOHOREMIX »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Confirmation on one thing for the new update: first person views from attractions like the viewing platforms and the monorail
YEEEEEES.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Confirmation on one thing for the new update: first person views from attractions like the viewing platforms and the monorail
That's awesome...... why wasn't that in the game from the beginning?Since you seem to be following on this more than I am, any estimate on when the update will be released?
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

SoggyNoodles2016

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
That's awesome...... why wasn't that in the game from the beginning?Since you seem to be following on this more than I am, any estimate on when the update will be released?

I've just been reporting the news I find on the Evolution subreddit, which mostly consists of finding what people bitch about mention Fronteir doing. Based off the bugs they're talking about, I'd guess maybe a couple of weeks or maybe a month.

Other news (though this one has the least amount of mentions, so be warned, it might be wrong): whatever the update is, it adds no new dinosaurs. Seems like it will focus on skins for Don is and park content. Which is good, because the park side is definitely the most lacking in game.

Edit: DINOS. Not Don is. Fucking mobile spell check
Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RIP Evan.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
[

I've just been reporting the news I find on the Evolution subreddit, which mostly consists of finding what people skreeonk about mention Fronteir doing. Based off the bugs they're talking about, I'd guess maybe a couple of weeks or maybe a month.

Other news (though this one has the least amount of mentions, so be warned, it might be wrong): whatever the update is, it adds no new dinosaurs. Seems like it will focus on skins for Don is and park content. Which is good, because the park side is definitely the most lacking in game.
I'm fine with no new dinos tbh. Well, as long as they can perfect it well, perfectly then hopefully the wait will be a worthwhile one.

Oh, and thanks for the info! You're like a mosquito full of info! **delayed rimshot** **leaves 'cuz of a crappy jurassic joke**
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

SoggyNoodles2016

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: That's awesome...... why wasn't that in the game from the beginning?Since you seem to be following on this more than I am, any estimate on when the update will be released?
[

I've just been reporting the news I find on the Evolution subreddit, which mostly consists of finding what people skreeonk about mention Fronteir doing. Based off the bugs they're talking about, I'd guess maybe a couple of weeks or maybe a month.

I'm fine with no new dinos tbh. Well, as long as they can perfect it well, perfectly then hopefully the wait will be a worthwhile one.

Oh, and thanks for the info! You're like a mosquito full of info! **delayed rimshot** **leaves 'cuz of a crappy jurassic joke**
Thanks! And don't worry, I liked the joke.

RIP Evan.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Very glad to know they're focusing on the basic park mechanics instead of throwing more dinosaurs into the mix so soon. I still have several to unlock as it is. :lol:

First person views will be an extremely welcome addition. I hate having to drive the Ranger Jeep around whenever I want to see things from ground level.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

SoggyNoodles2016

And now we have the best news about the update.

Edit:someone mentioned that the update will also apparently also fix the "there's no dinosaurs when the dinosaur is right in front of you" camera glitch.
Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

RIP Evan.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

-siiiiiiiiiiigh- is this worth $50? The wait for this to drop to $30 or $20 is getting very difficult...
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

SoggyNoodles2016

Maritonic wrote:-siiiiiiiiiiigh- is this worth $50? The wait for this to drop to $30 or $20 is getting very difficult...
The game isn't perfect. There are a lot of problems they're fixing, so maybe wait till the major ones done? I can say it is a hell of a lot of fun. I thought I was getting sick of it and then I realized I currently have 8 different parks saved on the Nublar sandbox.

Honestly, I think it's up to you.

RIP Evan.

SUPERTOHOREMIX
Futurian

Post by SUPERTOHOREMIX »

Was playing a Sandbox save when I noticed...This

XD.

SoggyNoodles2016

Somebody made my job easier and listed all the things were getting in the update. Kudos to u/mjmannella.
  • *All non-hybrid carnivores will now only hunt based off their hunger meter
    *The Mamenchisaurus image will now display an actual Mamenchisaurus, rather than a Brachiosaurus like it previously did
    *Stegosaurus will be listed as a Jurassic dinosaur instead of a Cretaceous one in the InGen database.
    *Dinosaur lifespans will be extended
    *A viewing camera will be added to the monorail, viewing gallery, and viewing platform
    * Unspecifed comment that ranger/dinosaur interactions will be changed (carnivores now able to attack jeeps?)
    *Isla Nublar will now properly rain, as well as other changes being made to improve how Nublar can be played
    *Bugs with the guest AI will be fixed (including guests teleporting into dinosaur enclosures)
    *Panicking dinosaurs stuck in a single spot will be fixed
    *Improved dinosaur calculation for photo mode
    *Increased the chance of Spinosaurus using it's iconic roar from JP3, especially when it leaves the Creation Lab
    *After your first incubation of a dinosaur species, its bio page will be added to the genome library
    *Incubations and research can now be canceled
    *The genome completion percentage has been added to the dig site pop-up in the expedition map.
    *Option to not have the camera randomly zoom in on buildings.
    * Sauropod calls will be louder and be heard further though your parks.
    *An option will be added to not force the camera to zoom in when selecting a building
    *Dinosaurs species with 100% genome completion will be greyed out on the expedition map (unconfirmed)
    *Unspecified New content will be added
Edit: And now the new stuff we know from the update stream.
  • *Bigger Giga and Spino, smaller T-Rex and Cerato.
    *Update is coming September 13th
    *New content is a Challenge Mode where you try to get a 5 star park on Nublar with certain limitations.
    *New skins revealed as rewards for challenge mode are a Jungle Deinonychus for completing a Challenge Mode play through and Costal Indominus for 5 stars on max difficulty.
    *New contracts types, and better pay for hard ones.
    * Dinosaurs will now have non-fatal territorial fights.
    *Hotels have viewing areas as well, so everyone who put their hotels by dinosaur pens just got an advantage.
    * After beating Campaign mode, you can change the time of day on all the islands.
    * Dinosaurs can check their enclosure easier, meaning less tree/friend related freakouts.
    * New Nublar sandbox settings are economic difficulty, dinosaur rating and variety, the choice of infinite lifespans, UNLIMITED POWER!!!!, and infinite feeders.
    * AND a new change they are waiting to reveal.
Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:54 am, edited 5 times in total.

RIP Evan.

CritterKaiju
Yojimbo

Post by CritterKaiju »

Glad to hear that the carnivores won't be mindlessly killing everything. Now I need the sauropods to not be so picky about their habitat.

SoggyNoodles2016

We finally have confirmation: the update will shrink the Rex and Ceratosaurus and increase the size of Giga and Spino. (More specifically, Cerato is going from 9.6 to 9 meters, Rex 14 to 13.5, Giga from 12 to 13.5, and Spino from 13.7 to 15, though Spink still won't be as quote "bulky as Rex)

I feel myself almost on the brink of tears with this info because finally, finally, r/jurassicworldevolution will shut the fuck up about it.

RIP Evan.

SUPERTOHOREMIX
Futurian

Post by SUPERTOHOREMIX »

The stream for the 1.4 update is coming on the 29th.