Jurassic World Evolution

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Re: Jurassic World Evolution

Post by Maritonic »

So, I got this a week or so ago. Been playing non stop. Love it. Ton of fun. Lots of challenges, loss, victory, etc. Isla Sorna is kicking my ASS, though.

I have to admit, I wish they'd fix the mechanic of certain dinos freaking out because they're not with others of their species, meanwhile there ARE others in the cage, they're just far away. Same with forest, or grassland. The AI of the dinos needs to slightly improve a bit on that aspect, that if they're uncomfortable maybe move before tearing down a cage?

Anyway. Yeah. Dig this. Hopefully I can get Sorna back from the ashes it now is.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Post by RamshackleRanger »

Maritonic wrote:I have to admit, I wish they'd fix the mechanic of certain dinos freaking out because they're not with others of their species, meanwhile there ARE others in the cage, they're just far away. Same with forest, or grassland. The AI of the dinos needs to slightly improve a bit on that aspect, that if they're uncomfortable maybe move before tearing down a cage?
Do you have your feeders spread out? If so, try bringing them closer together. I've had many a sinoceratops terrorize muerta before i started doing so.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:
Maritonic wrote:I have to admit, I wish they'd fix the mechanic of certain dinos freaking out because they're not with others of their species, meanwhile there ARE others in the cage, they're just far away. Same with forest, or grassland. The AI of the dinos needs to slightly improve a bit on that aspect, that if they're uncomfortable maybe move before tearing down a cage?
Do you have your feeders spread out? If so, try bringing them closer together. I've had many a sinoceratops terrorize muerta before i started doing so.
Ah I tried spreading them out to "bait" them. But I'll try this. Thanks.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Maritonic wrote:
SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:
Ah I tried spreading them out to "bait" them. But I'll try this. Thanks.
Yeah, spreading them out is defitnely a no-go. Had a pen on one of my Nublar saves that had a Camarsaurus that kept getting mad about trees. I didn't know why as I had a liberal amount of trees and the rest of the herd was happy. Turned out she kept going for a feeder in an area with no trees and would get mad being there. Demolished the feeder and she's been good as gold since.

RIP Evan.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

So, what's the worst dinosaur in the game and why is it Stegosaurus?

SUPERTOHOREMIX
Futurian

Post by SUPERTOHOREMIX »

Maritonic wrote:So, what's the worst dinosaur in the game and why is it Stegosaurus?
It's high maintenance - Needs constant social up to 6 members and goes nuts if there's too much or too little forest.

The sauropods are annoying but are manageable. With stego on the other hand I'd often find myself having to keep a few extra in the creation centre, cos once they start dying, fences start breaking...

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

In my current Sorna park I haven't had much trouble with the Stegos. Give them a big paddock and make sure to keep six or more in it, with more in the creation center, and they're no big deal. I've had no trouble balancing the forest and grassland. As for sauropods, Camarasaurus is the only one to be difficult so far, though I have yet to try Mamenchisaurus.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

They're a pain in the ass for me on Sorna. No matter what I do they're never pleased. I ended up just selling them all.

SUPERTOHOREMIX
Futurian

Post by SUPERTOHOREMIX »

Update stream live in less then 2 min from this post! (18:58 GMT)
https://www.twitch.tv/events/jKgg2G_uSoWBU8hrMOMchg

SoggyNoodles2016

Have watched the stream and godamn, am I excited for the update. So many cool changes and I really want to try the new mode.

RIP Evan.

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

The new update is great!

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

SoggyNoodles2016

ROMG4 wrote:The new update is great!
Having finally got the time to play some of it, I can agree. It already feels more immersive and alive on the dinosaur front, and while I'm no JP3 fan, I find the new Spinosaurus awesome. I also started a medium challenge mode. So far, despite some low money, I think I'm doing well. It's also a pretty damn fun way to play, so I'm glad it was implemented.

Aside from talking about the update, I think I may have discovered a new feature no one has mentioned. Remember how forever ago I was telling all the info on the update I found on the subreddit and mentioned how the devs said ranger/dinosaur interactions would change? Well, while working on my sanctuary Site B Nublar park, I discovered what they meant.

I only discovered this by accident, and I might be wrong considering I'm playing at almost 11, but I think you can now hit dinosaurs with your jeep. It's a collision like with every other item in the game for the jeep, but it's definitely better than randomly stopping until the dinosaur walks out of the way. Again, I need to test this to make sure it's real and I'm unsure if it affects the dinosaurs' health like in JPOG (the sick Struthiomimus who was my accidental test subject seemed fine), but I think it's something new.

though I'd advise against ramming into your carnivores

Edit: Disregard. Glitch.

Added in 1 month 17 days 11 hours 48 minutes 50 seconds:
Major updates about game since last post

1. mods, uh, found a way.
2. We're getting another update on November 20th featuring,
well, basically everything we've wanted.

The update will also be paired with some mysterious paid DLC, that Frontier has been subtly hyping up.
Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RIP Evan.

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Not as much as I was expecting, but definitely a good addition.

SoggyNoodles2016

trailer for update and/or dlc

yep, more hybrids. :roll:

at least we're getting more island space for these experiments according to the description.

also, look on the right at 0:15. we've got confirmation for Olorotitan and Troodon. (though it's sadly just a generic Troodon and not TellTale's nocturnal terror.)

Added in 10 minutes 23 seconds:
further explanation: free update is day/night cycle and improved dino AI, DLC is the Wu missions, hybrids and Troodon.

and if you can't see it, Fronteir has you covered.

Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

RIP Evan.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Couldn't care less about the hybrids, but Troodon (obsolete name aside) is a good addition; we needed more small carnivores. And I'd never heard of Olorotitan, but it has an interesting crest, and I'm glad they're giving exposure to more obscure non-North American species.

SoggyNoodles2016

More information about the DLC from an official Reddit announcement!

* It's not the TellTale one but Troodon is still venomous
* Expanded areas of Tacano and Muerta for story
* Dinosaurs are Olorotitan, Troodon, Ankylodocus, Stegoceratops, and Spinoraptor
* new buildings like an Advanced Storm Defense and new upgrades
* New genetic modification genes such as comfort genes that change how tolerant a dinosaur is (Multiple T. Rexes, here I come!) and camouflage genes for the Indominus
* It costs £12.99 ($14.99, €14.99)

Honestly, price is bit much but this sounds definitely sounds worthy to buy.

RIP Evan.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Yeah, the price is a bit steep, but oh well. The comfort genes should be a welcome addition. Some of the herbivores have stupidly low population tolerance.

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Unpopular opinion, but I'm actually really interested in the hybrids - especially with the story possibilities with them.
Last edited by RamshackleRanger on Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

SoggyNoodles2016

SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:Unpopular opinion, but I'm actually really interested in the hybrids - especially with the story possibilities with them.
agreed. I also think the models are a HUGE. upgrade over the cartoonish models of the mobile game.
I could do with out the portemanteu names, though.

RIP Evan.

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:Unpopular opinion, but I'm actually really interested in the hybrids - especially with the story possibilities with them.
agreed. I also think the models are a HUGE. upgrade over the cartoonish models of the mobile game.
I could do with out the portemanteu names, though.
Yeah, the names are probably the worst thing about them - but i don't mind too much.
Last edited by RamshackleRanger on Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.