Jurassic World Evolution

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Jurassic World Evolution

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Welp, I'm hyped! Between this and the next Spider-Man dlc, I'm sure it'll be money well spent this month.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Ugh. Fuck this game with a fork. It really should not be as hard as it is (for me, at least; am I just incompetent?) to get five stars on Sorna. I just gave up after a good four hours of trying. No matter how many hotels and amenities I build, it just isn't ever goddamned enough. I had 'great' ratings in every category at one point, about eighty percent of that last star filled, and then "ha ha, nope, fuck u lol" it starts backsliding again.

On the bright side, I finally 100%'d all the genomes. I just need to get the five star unlocks for every island, now, and then I can allow myself to play the sandbox and have fun with this game again.
Last edited by JAGzilla on Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Post by RamshackleRanger »

JAGzilla wrote:Ugh. Fuck this game with a fork. It really should not be as hard as it is (for me, at least; am I just incompetent?) to get five stars on Sorna. I just gave up after a good four hours of trying. No matter how many hotels and amenities I build, it just isn't ever goddamned enough. I had 'great' ratings in every category at one point, about eighty percent of that last star filled, and then "ha ha, nope, fuck u lol" it starts backsliding again.

On the bright side, I finally 100%'d all the genomes. I just need to get the five star unlocks for every island, now, and then I can allow myself to play the sandbox and have fun with this game again.
Have you made sure to max out the staff on all your buildings? Sometimes the amount of guests outweighs the max capacity of the attractions.

Also, make sure to deactivate all of your viewing stations. Platforms, towers, gyrospheres, all of it. They don't do anything for rating and require more attractions to be built. Unnecessary paths as well.

After that, you should only need about 6 hotels, and a few enclosures filled with as many dinos as possible.
This is the most compact 5-star Sorna I've managed to achieve - that was a few updates ago, so the may have changed some things, but I'd say it's a pretty good guideline.
Last edited by RamshackleRanger on Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

JAGzilla wrote:Ugh. skreeonk this game with a fork. It really should not be as hard as it is (for me, at least; am I just incompetent?) to get five stars on Sorna. I just gave up after a good four hours of trying. No matter how many hotels and amenities I build, it just isn't ever goddamned enough. I had 'great' ratings in every category at one point, about eighty percent of that last star filled, and then "ha ha, nope, skreeonk u lol" it starts backsliding again.

Been having the same problems. Aside for Sensei's tips, here are some of my own.

* Creation Labs attached to pens. Nearly every dinosaur you have on Sorna is a bitch about population so don't leave a delay between death and new member of herd.
* Multiple ranger stations, so there's less reaction time between fence break and fence fix
* Probably the same for ACU.
* Hotels are basically all you need to keep guests happy.

Asides from that, we have more news!

* In case you weren't sure about comfort genes
* Our new communist swan.
* the achivements for the DLC which sound interesting
Spoiler:
The Next Step: Complete all of Wu's Missons.
Wounding Tooth: Photograph a Troodon poisoning it's prey
Shoot Her...?: "Subdue" The Spinoraptor (which has a lot of implications. Is it immune to tranqs? Does Wu not want us to stop it?)
It can Camouflage!: Make a camo Indominus.
We're Just Used to Being The Cat: Use the comfort genes to make a dinosaur that can never be content. (Which is weird, I thought we could already make a Stegosaurus.)
In short, HYPED.

RIP Evan.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

I had dinosaur variety and welfare under control, the problem was the guests. But I think Sensei solved it: I wasn't paying attention to the staffing of my guest buildings. The day after I posted that I successfully got five stars on whatever the third island is called, definitely in part because I did raise the number of staff for some of the buildings. I'll have to try that on Sorna next time I play. Thanks for the tips!

Andrew the Gojifan
Monsterland Worker

Post by Andrew the Gojifan »

JAGzilla wrote:I had dinosaur variety and welfare under control, the problem was the guests. But I think Sensei solved it: I wasn't paying attention to the staffing of my guest buildings. The day after I posted that I successfully got five stars on whatever the third island is called, definitely in part because I did raise the number of staff for some of the buildings. I'll have to try that on Sorna next time I play. Thanks for the tips!
That would be Tacaño
As for my experience, I managed to get to Pena in three-ish days, still not finished it though, in most part due to my schedule.
Life is a Pay to Win rage game

Monster X
G-Force Personnel

Post by Monster X »

Bought the game on release but was holding out on playing it until it got some updates. I've just completed the first island.

Highlight: My ceratosaurs have given me trouble in a way I didn't expect. Old Nick (my first) was bog standerd and in a paddock on his own. He's a pretty placid old lizard who was no trouble... until Leo came along. Leo is a far more advanced ceratosaur, with savanna skin and a few genetic upgrades, who I created to boost the park's rep. Rather then get rid of Nick or build an new paddock, I realised there was just enough space for them to share. The two go on as well enough and I didn't think there was a problem till I took a mission to photograph one of them drinking. Old Nick on his lonesome had never attacked a jeep that entered his paddock, however with Leo as a room mate the pair had become far more territorial and started attacking the jeep on sight. However I just don't have the heart to sperate them so every time something needs doing it always turns into a fun game of cat & mouse.

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Grievous »

The A.D.F Needs You! Join The Anguirus Defense Force via Private Message Today!

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

^ My whole body hurts from laughing now, you monster.

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Grievous »

JAGzilla wrote:^ My whole body hurts from laughing now, you monster.
I'm always happy to help...

:thumbsup:

And I take it you will be naming a dinosaur "Sergeant Bell End"
the next time you play the game yeah?

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

I guess I'm obligated to, now. :lol:

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Grievous »

JAGzilla wrote:I guess I'm obligated to, now. :lol:
Yeah...Pretty much.

:thumbsup:

GodzillavsZilla
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GodzillavsZilla »

I'm getting pretty tired of the clipping in this game. It's honestly a miracle to see two dinosaurs walking side by side and not walk through each other.
BrashAlaskan95 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:I hope you plan on mounting this thing. :lol:
On my wall. ;)
I'll call it "Bob: The One Who Was skreeonk From The Start". :lol:
skreeonk scary shit though if it is just scratches.
Zilla103192 wrote:She saw Godzilla fly... And just gave up. She called bullshit, broke up with me, and just left.

SoggyNoodles2016

Another update! Not as big as 1.5, but we got some fun features.

- Challenge Mode expanded to all islands.
- new Challenge Mode skins
- New Sandbox options: dinosaur aggression, failed incubations, population, habitat and social requirements, can all be disabled and or changed to a certain amount. You can also charge yourself a Hammond Foundation fee.

Honestly, not a bad update. It's dropping Thursday.

Added in 7 hours 43 minutes 45 seconds:
More info: 2 new skins for all the islands. Here's what's been confirmed.

Matanceros: Taiga Edmontosaurus, Jungle Ceratosaurus
Muerta: Woodland Triceratops, Jungle Dilophosaurus
Muerta East: Steppe Pachycephalosaurus, Coastal Troodon
Tacano: Costal Parasaurolophus, Vivd Brachiosaurus
Tacano Research Facility: Coastal Stegoceratops, Arid Spinoraptor
Pena: Savannah Gallimimus, Wetland T. Rex
Sorna: Rainforest Apatosaurus, Steppe Velociraptor

Formers are unlocked completing any mode, laters are Jurassic Mode.

Added in 1 day 19 hours 7 minutes 20 seconds:
Steam files have confirmed two more DLCs along with Secrets of Dr. Wu and Deluxe content
Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

RIP Evan.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

More DLCs? Sign me up!
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

SoggyNoodles2016

Holy shit! New dinosaur DLC pack out of nowhere! PS4 and Steam only so far, but it is coming to Xbox later.

Edit: video hates me, it's a Creteceous dinosaur pack with Dreadnoughtus, our JPOG boi Carcharadontosaurus, and Iguanodon (who is finally, finally, FINALLY an ornithopod who can fight back against carnivores.)

Added in 3 minutes 53 seconds:
Prices varying by console, but Frontier saying it should be at least 4-5 dollars.
Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:19 pm, edited 8 times in total.

RIP Evan.

GodzillavsZilla
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GodzillavsZilla »

I'm really happy that Iguanodon is finally in the game, it was probably the herbivore I wanted the most and it looks fantastic! I can't wait to get my hands on it.
BrashAlaskan95 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:I hope you plan on mounting this thing. :lol:
On my wall. ;)
I'll call it "Bob: The One Who Was skreeonk From The Start". :lol:
skreeonk scary shit though if it is just scratches.
Zilla103192 wrote:She saw Godzilla fly... And just gave up. She called bullshit, broke up with me, and just left.

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

I love the Igunandon!

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

SoggyNoodles2016

Bumping because of a WICKED good Steam sale.

$13.74 for Base game
$20.99 for Deluxe editon
$38.76 for Premium (Game, deluxe DLC, Secrets of Dr. Wu, and Cretaceous Pack)

It's insanely cheap, and I highly recommend doing it while you can. (I know I will, if my computer can handle it.)

RIP Evan.

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

I'm really hoping they bundle all the DLC together after its all released. I don't really want to pay $5 for three new dinos. It'd be nice if they added Pterasaurs and marine reptiles as DLC.
Proud owner of a Xbox Series X, Switch OLED and PS5.

PC Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10900k, Motherboard: MSI Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi, Case: Corsair 4000D airflow, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 32GB (16GBx2), GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Vision, Storage: WD SN750 1TB, Mouse and Keyboard: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Mouse and Logitech G905 Keyboard.