Jurassic World Evolution

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
JAGzilla
Sazer

Re: Jurassic World Evolution

Post by JAGzilla »

Recent studies actually suggest that 'terror birds', or at least Gastornis specifically, were herbivores. Their beaks, on close inspection, have no real adaptations for predation, and the isotopes in their fossils are consistent with a vegetarian diet. Ben G. Thomas did a video about it a few months back, if you want more details. But yeah, so the Raptors probably take that one.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

JAGzilla wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:15 am Recent studies actually suggest that 'terror birds', or at least Gastornis specifically, were herbivores. Their beaks, on close inspection, have no real adaptations for predation, and the isotopes in their fossils are consistent with a vegetarian diet. Ben G. Thomas did a video about it a few months back, if you want more details. But yeah, so the Raptors probably take that one.
Actually, actual terror birds (phorusracids) were def predators. Gastornis and it's family are the only ones we know were herbivores and it's not actually a terror bird.

Also, no news on Cenozoic but given
Spoiler:
Paleozoic animals are in Dominion, I wouldn't be surprised by the appearance of one that could be added to JWE2

with MM on waiting for some marine news though

RIP Evan.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Oh. Well, I've learned something today.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

SoggyNoodles2016

https://twitter.com/JW_Evolution/status ... 08420?s=19

This is looking so much better then the first game, as much as I love it haha.

More confirmed og returning as well! I'd be worried if it weren't for the fact I'm sure there's more and so far, it's been all my faves

RIP Evan.

Shoopwoop17
Interpol Agent

Post by Shoopwoop17 »

I'm fairly confident that most of the species from the previous game will be returning with near identical designs. The video confirmed Corythosaurus, Torosaurus, Chasmosaurus, Edmontosaurus (?), Parasaurolophus (?), Pachycephalosaurus, Dracorex, Apatosaurus or Diplodocus (the design looks thick like Apatosaurus but has spikes like Diplodocus), and gave us our first look at Velociraptor.
There is also an in-game menu that shows the Albertosaurus, Camarasaurus, and Nigersaurus, though those also look like screen shots from the first game.
Regardless, most of the new reveals appear to be the exact same models just with new skins. I would bet they will do this for most of the dinosaurs, but update certain designs (like the T. rex) to be improved.
I'd also say it's a safe assumption that if a species is showing up in Dominion, it won't be in the game at launch.
Now if they could just confirm that the RTJP skins/models are returning as well...the Pteranodon especially.
Check out my Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/atxspider/

It is mostly Spider-Man themed, but I'd love to talk cosplay, lightsaber commissions, and countless other topics.

SoggyNoodles2016

Yes, I agree. Very interesting because it seems to be all of them, even the DLC ones. Makes me wonder how many we're truly getting if it's 75+ and it's already 68 there.

I believe the RTJP skins will be for Chaos Theory mode and maybe the sandbox?

RIP Evan.

Shoopwoop17
Interpol Agent

Post by Shoopwoop17 »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:32 am Yes, I agree. Very interesting because it seems to be all of them, even the DLC ones. Makes me wonder how many we're truly getting if it's 75+ and it's already 68 there.

I believe the RTJP skins will be for Chaos Theory mode and maybe the sandbox?
Well, the full roster for JWE is 68. At least two of those 68 will be in JWD. If we take out the hybrids except for Indominus and the Indoraptor, that's another three down bringing us to 63, giving room for 12 new species on release. We've already seen three (Amargasaurus, Coelophysis, and Mosasaurus). If we split that twelve three ways, then we could see four new dinosaurs, four new Pterosaurs, and four aquatic creatures all before Dominion gives us a bunch of new ones.

It is mostly Spider-Man themed, but I'd love to talk cosplay, lightsaber commissions, and countless other topics.

Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

Post by Noble Saber »

No Camp Cretaceous content also excludes Ouranosaurus (unless it comes back with the same design as in JWE1) from returning and deconfirms Monolophosaurus as a potential new dinosaur. If a lot of the returning dinosaurs are really just ports of the old models, which seems to be the case with Torosaurus and Dracorex, I can very much see the entire JWE1 roster returning. At this point I'm much more interested in seeing what Frontier does with new species as most of my favorite JWE1 dinosaurs were ones that were designed by Frontier without any prior movie connections to tie into.

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

Post by Spirit Ghidorah 2010 »

brb, gonna treat my employees better than Jeff Bezos.

Also, seeing a group of Baryonyx interacting without immediately attempting to maul each other makes my heart swell.

Spino skulls on buildings!

(Yes, I'm a spinosaurid fan)
Last edited by Spirit Ghidorah 2010 on Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
He/him/his

#Pro-Choice #ACAB #TransRights #BlackLivesMatter #vaccinate #EatTheRich #TheSatanicTemple

SoggyNoodles2016

This game is gonna rock

RIP Evan.

Lesko
GPN Volunteer

Post by Lesko »

As a fan of the first game I definitely can't wait for the sequel to come out. I know managing simulator's aren't for everyone but I like them, especially if it is something I am a fan of like JP. I've been watching and reading some of the latest updates and everything is looking good so far! Can't wait to see the finished product.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Goddamn I can't wait for this game already! I've been burnt out on vidya lately. I'm kinda trying to stay in the dark as much as I can, but I've been wondering if this is still a "park management" sim in the sense of having to deal with guests, earning revenue and such?
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

Shoopwoop17
Interpol Agent

Post by Shoopwoop17 »

Another thing I noticed in that scientist management vid: blue Brachiosaurs. They might actually allow sauropods to have color in this game!

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

Post by Spirit Ghidorah 2010 »

Pterosaurs, you beautiful fuckers.
He/him/his

#Pro-Choice #ACAB #TransRights #BlackLivesMatter #vaccinate #EatTheRich #TheSatanicTemple

SoggyNoodles2016

Chad Frontier making the worst JW design look good (though it needs pycnofibers)

Also, confirmed on their fourms they'll eat fish/bugs and they will attack guests

RIP Evan.

Shoopwoop17
Interpol Agent

Post by Shoopwoop17 »

Yeah, they look much better. The lack of pycnofibers is fine to me because they didn't look great in the first place, but I wonder if this design is a Frontier original, or a sneak peek to JWD

SoggyNoodles2016

https://youtu.be/wBYq_MTEFoM

....I 100% did not see that coming.
Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

RIP Evan.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Qianzhousaurus?!

I was not expecting that.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Seems like a pretty cool dinosaur

Shoopwoop17
Interpol Agent

Post by Shoopwoop17 »

I am not usually excited by large carnivores, but this is honestly one of the best looking dinosaurs that Frontier has designed. It's colorful, its pretty accurate, and it's totally unexpected. I love it.