Monster Hunter General Thread 2.0

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Re: Monster Hunter General Thread 2.0

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

^And according to what I've heard, the end of World has also come.

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Post by master_of_monsters »

I'm honestly very disappointed with this update. They could've ended off with something really cool (I mean they were pretty much hinting at a fucking war between between black and red dragons) but chose cheap fan service instead. at least the music is cool though
Last edited by master_of_monsters on Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:59 pm, edited 4 times in total.
your source of self destruction

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

master_of_monsters wrote:I'm honestly very disappointed with this update. They could've ended off with something really cool (I mean they were pretty much hinting at a skreeonking war between between black and red dragons) but chose cheap fan service instead. at least the music is cool though
Personally, I would've liked a brand-new monster since Iceborne had a pretty low count of them.

Giratina93
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Giratina93 »

master_of_monsters wrote:I'm honestly very disappointed with this update. They could've ended off with something really cool (I mean they were pretty much hinting at a fucking war between between black and red dragons) but chose cheap fan service instead. at least the music is cool though

You wanna know why they went with Fatalis? Because of the fan reception and viral outbreak the fans had over Fatalis's appearance in the 15th anniversary size chart. The devs actually didn't know who to bring in for the final update, but when they saw just how ecstatic everyone was with Fatalis appearing and the overwhelmingly positive reception? They knew they HAD to bring in Fatty.

So you should blame the fandom freaking out and going viral over Fatalis in the size chart for him being the final update.
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Giratina93 wrote:
master_of_monsters wrote:I'm honestly very disappointed with this update. They could've ended off with something really cool (I mean they were pretty much hinting at a skreeonking war between between black and red dragons) but chose cheap fan service instead. at least the music is cool though

You wanna know why they went with Fatalis? Because of the fan reception and viral outbreak the fans had over Fatalis's appearance in the 15th anniversary size chart. The devs actually didn't know who to bring in for the final update, but when they saw just how ecstatic everyone was with Fatalis appearing and the overwhelmingly positive reception? They knew they HAD to bring in Fatty.

So you should blame the fandom freaking out and going viral over Fatalis in the size chart for him being the final update.
I'm already aware of why. still disappointed

Added in 5 minutes 57 seconds:
Cryptid_Liker wrote:
Personally, I would've liked a brand-new monster since Iceborne had a pretty low count of them.
right? I really wanted to see a new fanged beast since they only added 1.5 of them (I don't really count furious as a separate creature since he's just a rajang that's pissed about losing his tail)

Corzak The Mighty
EDF Instructor

Post by Corzak The Mighty »

I'm actually quite okay with Fatalis being the final update. He's one of THE most iconic monsters in the entire series; it would have been a mistake to not bring him in. The only other thing I could think of them doing for a final update would have been an even more evolved form of Safi'jiiva, and given Safi'jiiva's fairly split reception from the fanbase, I don't know how well that would have gone over.

Besides, who really knows, it's possible they will touch on the relationship Safi'jiiva seems to have with the Black Dragons. We barely know anything about this update. And it's not like MH hasn't ever touched on interesting plot points and then proceeded to never expand on them before, like what exactly is the extent of Dalamadur's destructive potential, or how or why Gogmazios seemed to be singling out Dundorma for its raids, or what exactly is the relationship elder dragons and rare species have with the ancient tower.
Last edited by Corzak The Mighty on Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MDK wrote:I wish my movies about dinosaurs brought back to life with mosquitos in amber for a theme park were realistic.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 18&t=29237 The Crimson Shadow redux sign-up and discussion thread
Clash of Gods (Shin Gojira vs Legendary Godzilla story, completed)

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Imagine if in the next Capcom Vs SNK game, they featured the kaiju from King of the Monsters face of against the monsters from this series.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Corzak The Mighty wrote:I'm actually quite okay with Fatalis being the final update. He's one of THE most iconic monsters in the entire series; it would have been a mistake to not bring him in. The only other thing I could think of them doing for a final update would have been an even more evolved form of Safi'jiiva, and given Safi'jiiva's fairly split reception from the fanbase, I don't know how well that would have gone over.

Besides, who really knows, it's possible they will touch on the relationship Safi'jiiva seems to have with the Black Dragons. We barely know anything about this update. And it's not like MH hasn't ever touched on interesting plot points and then proceeded to never expand on them before, like what exactly is the extent of Dalamadur's destructive potential, or how or why Gogmazios seemed to be singling out Dundorma for its raids, or what exactly is the relationship elder dragons and rare species have with the ancient tower.
apparently the tower is made of thousands of kushala daora so for elders I guess it's like a grave site or a monument to the past. As for rare species you got me there

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Cocoon Man

Added in 39 seconds:
LegendZilla wrote:Imagine if in the next Capcom Vs SNK game, they featured the kaiju from King of the Monsters face of against the monsters from this series.
When was the last time Geon and company appeared in any game?

Added in 2 days 21 hours 25 minutes 36 seconds:
New games for the Switch!

Added in 3 hours 57 minutes 32 seconds:
Magnamalo is now my favorite flagship.

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Cryptid_Liker wrote:Cocoon Man

Added in 39 seconds:
LegendZilla wrote:Imagine if in the next Capcom Vs SNK game, they featured the kaiju from King of the Monsters face of against the monsters from this series.
When was the last time Geon and company appeared in any game?

Added in 2 days 21 hours 25 minutes 36 seconds:
New games for the Switch!

Added in 3 hours 57 minutes 32 seconds:
Magnamalo is now my favorite flagship.
Last edited by master_of_monsters on Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Here's some Magnamalo concept art and yep, he's as cool as I thought.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

I've been wanting to get into this franchise for a long while now, but i feel like i should still wait for the Switch games next year to do so.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Cryptid_Liker wrote:Here's some Magnamalo concept art and yep, he's as cool as I thought.
Honestly he looks more like a lion to me than teostra and lunastra

Dracosaurian
JXSDF Technician

Post by Dracosaurian »

Keep in mind that this is a Turf War between two lower level monsters. I'm quite eager to see how things will look when two apex monsters clash.
Last edited by Dracosaurian on Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

A giant platypus turtle eh?
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Wow. I really should've expected some Monster Hunter monsters to look that odd but i'm still shocked. :lol:

Also did that platypus thing get fatter during the fight or is that just me?

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Gigantis wrote:Wow. I really should've expected some Monster Hunter monsters to look that odd but i'm still shocked. :lol:

Also did that platypus thing get fatter during the fight or is that just me?
Yes, it did. It's basically a clone of Jagras and Dodogama

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Congalala did it first.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

also gobul but with his back not stomach

also the amphibian frame looks quite similar to the jagras frame maybe great jagras will be in it too since there are new world monsters. *cough* tetran-jagras sumo match *cough*
Last edited by master_of_monsters on Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

holy_granoli
Ronin

Post by holy_granoli »

Image Image

same energy