Most Frustrating Gaming Experience

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
Giratina93
Administrator
Administrator

Most Frustrating Gaming Experience

Post by Giratina93 »

I checked through the past year's worth of pages, and found nothing like this, so I think it will be alright if I did this.

In gaming, we all have those instances that drive us up a wall and make us want to throw a controller out the window. Wherever it's That One Boss, or That One Level, or That One Sidequest, these have brought out the worst in frustration and anger upon many a gamer... so what instances have you had that just drove you mad?

For me... in recent recollection, Mt. Battle in Colosseum... doing those stupid 100 fights JUST to get Ho-oh was a pain in the ass... I mean, how is ANYONE supposed to realistically go through these broken teams with just their ingame selection of crap? Atleast the battle facilities in the main games give you a more larger choice without trading... this was just bull of the highest caliber... effing dual weather Salamance with Fireblast and Hydro Pump...
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

SUPERTOHOREMIX
Futurian

Re: Most Frustrating Gaming Experience

Post by SUPERTOHOREMIX »

Crazy,F**king, Gadget ...

Legionmaster
Xilien Halfling

Post by Legionmaster »

Godzilla 1995 wrote:I've had several, but the only one I can think of at the moment is the Water Temple from OOT. So BORING. Just so irritating, having to go back and forth to change the water.
It's amusing that the Water Temple is easier and less confusing in Master Quest.

It's irritating to play Godzilla: Unleashed and know that people got paid to make it.
bleep bloop

GodzillaFreak99
EDF Instructor

Post by GodzillaFreak99 »

Corzak The Mighty wrote:Completing Legendary Souls is EASILY one of the most difficult things I've ever done in a video game. The AI is cranked up to unspeakable difficulty, which means they'll pull off moves and react at speeds that seem completely impossible to do, and can combo your ass faster than you can recover from. It's 8 battles of pure pain and torture, and I hope to NEVER do it again.
I managed to make it to Edge Master before I nearly went through the roof.

Now let's see *scratches chin* Aaahhh, Azazal in Tekken 6: seriously, the guy is almost three times your size and is OP as F*ck, Oh hte pain he caused me, oh the unbarrible pain!

Mordoc SaLanmere from Baldur's Gate dark Allience 2: Every single one of this guy's moves invovse him either regaing health, or stealing it from you, AaRRrGGG MY Head!!!

The Raptross twins from war of the monster: THE ENDLESS TORMENT! OH WHY MUST I SUFFER SO?!
Last edited by GodzillaFreak99 on Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There is no fate but what we make for ourselves."
GodzillavsJason wrote:I am considered to be one of the worst type of people in the world which is being a straight white man.

Kubo
Sazer

Post by Kubo »

The Lion King video game on Super Nintendo. Fuck that second level. Seriously, the ostrich ride is near unbeatable, and the only time I got past it was when my cousin would come over and beat it for me. -_-
Giving myself brain damage wishing too hard upon a star.

Twitter: @Dawn_of_the_DED
If you follow me on there, shoot me a DM so I know you're from the forums.

three
Keizer

Post by three »

defeating matriarch benezia in mass effect on insanity difficulty. holy. skreeonk.
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

Gojira is:Very Hiroshima®
axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

sir isaac newton is the deadliest son - of - a - bitch in space.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Rahu III in Custom Robo. You're bound to lose the first couple times unless you have an exceptionally made Robo.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Cirrus
Yojimbo

Post by Cirrus »

Battlefield 3. Spawn Campers, they found a spawn point and camped it.
I am Cirrus, if you threaten me, I will convert into NIMBOCIRRUS!!!

And you say...
...Lightning doesn't strike twice!
Oh really? :twisted:

GodzillaFan1992
Gotengo Officer

Post by GodzillaFan1992 »

Trying to beat Shao Kahn at the end of the story mode of Mortal Kombat (2011)

Seriously. WTF was Ed Boon and his team thinking!? Did they want to torture their fans or something? I'm convinced they did. You know we should force Ed Boon and his team to play that part for 24 hours straight for all the hell they put us through in this part and if they try to leave. They'll be hit with a spiked club and will be forced back to play it until their 24 hour's of playing it is up. Who's with me?

That part in the game made the game UNPLAYABLE!!!!!
Last edited by GodzillaFan1992 on Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:48 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Cirrus
Yojimbo

Post by Cirrus »

Me all the way! That was as annoying as hell!
I am Cirrus, if you threaten me, I will convert into NIMBOCIRRUS!!!

And you say...
...Lightning doesn't strike twice!
Oh really? :twisted:

gzilla46
Futurian

Post by gzilla46 »

There was a game called Terminator 3. It was frustrating because if you died, you had to start the whole level over again.
Shadow Arena Records:

Wins: 1
Losses: 0

Giratina93
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Giratina93 »

I think I just found something that tops my hatred for Mt. Battle.

The Dual Savage Jho quest... QUESTION, CAPCOM. HOW IS THIS QUEST SUPPOSED TO BE DOABLE, SOLO? BECAUSE I HAVE COME TO THE CONCLUSION IT CANNOT BE DONE SOLO. After 10 tries and all of them Quest Failed... yeah, I'm just getting mad at this point. This is worse than Cruel King of the Seas... Atleast I managed to solo that with the best armor and gunlance I had around...
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

The treasure chest chase levels in Rayman Origins. Most of them were tedious as hell, but they were too much fun to give up on.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

Dylan20
Samurai

Post by Dylan20 »

I'd have to say in recent years seth Street fighter 4 hardest difficulty is Just a massive a*s.

ScootaVaran
EDF Instructor

Post by ScootaVaran »

Online gaming.
Let me explain. I'm finding myself disliking online gaming more and more now. Why? it's because the majority of players just want that quick and simple win. There's no challenge or fun anymore, it's just game after game of players finding the easiest and quickest way to win and rank up that imaginery score that means nothing outside of that game.
For example, (and there's plenty of them) When I play the game Birds of steel, It's WW2 flight sim that I completely love, That is until you play online. In every match you have players picking the exact same plane and doing a mad rush to destroy the other players base to end the match and gain a win. The matches last no longer then two minutes now. Same shit over and over again.
"But scoota, you play to win right?" NO! I play for a fun and challenging match. I really don't care if i win or lose as long as i'm having fun doing it.

The same goes for almost every game out there. What is there to gain from playing like this?
I really do enjoy these games, Games like COD, Birds of Steel, Gears of War ect.. Although, once I get online it's all downhill from there.
I'm finding myself enjoying single player game more now. Or aleast games with online co-op modes.
I'm have so much fun playing games like Super mario Bro's 3D world and minecraft now. :D

Sorry about the rant guys.. Just got off a match of Birds of Steel with nothing but crap matches.
Last edited by ScootaVaran on Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The quickest way into a woman's bed is through her parents. Have sex with them and you're in. -Zapp Brannigan
For some Coffee inspired art, viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11147

three
Keizer

Post by three »

madden and it's piece of shit interception system. defensive backs literally snap bones and rip tendons to catch interceptions while your wide receiver falls to the ground without making an effort to get the ball at all.
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

Gojira is:Very Hiroshima®
axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

sir isaac newton is the deadliest son - of - a - bitch in space.

EdGojira
E.S.P.Spy

Post by EdGojira »

That level in Munch's Odd-esy where you run through a room full of guards. Also, the Sinnoh Elite Four, leveling up in Diamond&Pearl is so skreeonk tedious with the battles' slow pacing, poor music among other things. I find myself falling asleep trying to level my Pokemon up adequately and frustrated every time I lose my Pokemon's trust by getting my ass kicked. Outside story mode: Getting trolled by nine year olds in FPS games' multiplayer and their screaming when they lose.
How long has it been? I honestly forgot.
TK's resident Ed, Edd n Eddy fan.
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/new ... 54/9ae.gif
[pic=http://x1.fjcdn.com/comments/lt+courtes ... fa40b3496a

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

Mole Cave-Earthbound ...in fact I quit after that.
Follow The #MoreMonsterVerse Twitter Movement!

Link: https://twitter.com/ExpandtheMV?s=09

We Can Make A Difference! Fans Have A Voice!

Julia Bristow
EDF Instructor

Post by Julia Bristow »

Lion King (SNES) the Ostrich ride
Rusty. Fuck It (Bucket). Bay. (Banjo-Kazooie)
All Movie snobs can just f off IMO

TechnoForce
Monsterland Worker

Post by TechnoForce »

Fighting Ulysses in Fallout New Vegas. I shot him with the Fatman twice and he still kicked my power armoured ass. I thought it was one of those "you need to do something else other than straight up murder his ass" things to win.
Arena victories
Wins: 1
Losses: 0
Draws: 0

Watch this space