Resident Evil Discussion Thread

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Re: Resident Evil Discussion Thread

Post by Maritonic »

Absolutely overjoyed that RE: Village will be on PS4. Was really bummed when it was initially just a new gen release. Looks like it's going to appeal completely to my sensibilities.

Added in 1 minute 54 seconds:
_JNavs_ wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:27 am So have they said how any of these more grounded first person RE games relate to the overarching REstory? Are zombies still common place worldwide? Is there a reason why giant hot vampire bug ladies, hillbillies, ghosts, and werewolves are common place?

I'm not the most informed on RE lore outside of the first 3 games, RE6 and the 6 RE films.
Zombies never really were common place in the world. The outbreak in Racoon City was shut down in RE 3, which is more or less the same few days as RE 2. It's not like the movies where the world ends and zombies take over.

These are just smaller, isolated incidents now, with bioweapons. All of the events of 7 were done by one bioweapon. We don't really know about 8 yet.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Maritonic wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:56 am Zombies never really were common place in the world. The outbreak in Racoon City was shut down in RE 3, which is more or less the same few days as RE 2. It's not like the movies where the world ends and zombies take over.

These are just smaller, isolated incidents now, with bioweapons. All of the events of 7 were done by one bioweapon. We don't really know about 8 yet.
Ah gotcha so it feels more anthology based, I always figured the whole world was crawling with zombies and those gigantic walking tumors with stretchy tongues.

Huh, that's pretty cool. I'm liking the smaller, personal scope.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

_JNavs_ wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:46 am
Maritonic wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:56 am Zombies never really were common place in the world. The outbreak in Racoon City was shut down in RE 3, which is more or less the same few days as RE 2. It's not like the movies where the world ends and zombies take over.

Ah gotcha so it feels more anthology based, I always figured the whole world was crawling with zombies and those gigantic walking tumors with stretchy tongues.

Huh, that's pretty cool. I'm liking the smaller, personal scope.
Yeah RE shines when it's smaller, more contained stories. That's not to say the games about larger events aren't great, because they are. But the original game with the Mansion is incredible. 7 (Biohazard) was a contained story (more or less) and was one of the scariest gaming experiences I've ever had. Extremely excited to see more of this in 8.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Agent Smith
Monsterland Worker

Post by Agent Smith »

RE8 news looks great. However I am kinda bugged by remaking RE4. I highly doubt it can match the original, even more so without Shinjia Mikami at the helm.

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

All the games are connected in a sense its just each one tells a self contained story that adds to the overall RE lore but yeah each game focuses on a isolated incident and each viral outbreak is contained before they can really spread.

Paul WS Anderson decided to take the movies in a different direction and infect the whole world.
Proud owner of a Xbox Series X, Switch OLED and PS5.

PC Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10900k, Motherboard: MSI Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi, Case: Corsair 4000D airflow, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 32GB (16GBx2), GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Vision, Storage: WD SN750 1TB, Mouse and Keyboard: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Mouse and Logitech G905 Keyboard.

Agent Smith
Monsterland Worker

Post by Agent Smith »

RE lore is kind of a mess so many viruses to take into account not to mention the plaga parasite and the experiments used with that. I don't think anybody really plays RE for the lore and plays for the atmosphere, BOWs, and action.

Rurouni Senator
Yojimbo

Post by Rurouni Senator »

Agent Smith wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:04 pm RE lore is kind of a mess so many viruses to take into account not to mention the plaga parasite and the experiments used with that. I don't think anybody really plays RE for the lore and plays for the atmosphere, BOWs, and action.
Speaking of RE lore; Nemesis was designed and tailored for the specific goal of hunting and killing S.T.A.R.S. members who survived and escaped the Spencer mansion, his name is Nemesis to hunt them. Why did they give him that name in the Paul W. S. Anderson movies? Was he supposed to antagonize and hunt Alice? How come Nemesis is under their control but Alice is not when both were sent to treatment room at the close periods? He was definitely not supposed to kill unarmed civilians since he didn't attack series token black character once he dropped his guns....

Between this and Mortal Kombat it seems that Paul loves to transform characters to cyphers or change their purpose in the story, just add them there as fan service or something then do nothing cool with them as characters.

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

So is everyone excited for RE Village, comes out next week, I love that Village and 7 went back to what RE intended to be at the very start, being a horror game, Not a action game

cloverfan98
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by cloverfan98 »

I wish 8 was coming out on the ps4 and psvr.

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

AK Siwach wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 11:25 am Anybody manage to play the demo yet? Everything looks solid so far.
I’m going to play the demo after I’m done RE7 again

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

cloverfan98 wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 2:15 pm I wish 8 was coming out on the ps4 and psvr.
It is coming out on PS4 just not VR.

PC Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10900k, Motherboard: MSI Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi, Case: Corsair 4000D airflow, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 32GB (16GBx2), GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Vision, Storage: WD SN750 1TB, Mouse and Keyboard: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Mouse and Logitech G905 Keyboard.

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Just finished RE Village and Holy crap it’s amazing, it’s like they took the elements from RE7 that made it great and somehow enhance it, while adding some elements from RE 4 and what made that great
Last edited by Thatguy4683 on Sat May 08, 2021 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lesko
GPN Volunteer

Post by Lesko »

I am surprised this thread is now more active. Like the above poster said the game is amazing and this is coming from someone that doesn't hate Resident Evil but isn't a big fan either. In fact I almost didn't get it this quickly after release but some friends of mine insisted I did and I am so glad I listened! RE7 was kinda monotonous because you were almost always in the same general location and faced the same three enemy types over and over again. You also pretty much used the same 3 weapons or so. Not that it was a bad game, I just didn't see the appeal in it. Village fixes everything wrong with 7. The enemies are MUCH more diversified and so are the weapons. Where this game particularly shines are the enemies which range from all kinds of fantastical creatures from vampires to werewolves. Those dolls and that baby creature were also insanely scary but great at the same time. I certainly am not going to spoil the boss fights but one highlight of 7 was the boss fights and this recreates that grandeur. Maybe even surpassing it. I haven't played all of the Resident Evil games yet but as of now this is currently my favorite. I like this even more than RE4.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Finished Village. It was masterful; felt like a celebration of the entire franchise (obviously specifically 4) and yet something totally new and unique. I spent all of 2020 replaying the entire series, but now I want to do it again! Have to get 100% on Village, first.

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

I've been trying to finish Village but I only get Saturday, Sunday and Monday to play as of late. Normally I'd spend a couple hours after work with a game but we've been so short handed I've been working overtime so by the time I get home at night I'm exhausted. I'm not very far in either
Spoiler:
Just got to the doll house.

PC Specs

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

I know I said this before, but how will you guys feel if they made an RE game set in Japan?

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

LegendZilla wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 11:15 pm I know I said this before, but how will you guys feel if they made an RE game set in Japan?
I will be quite interested in it, since the games have been centered around America so if it does take place in Japan it will be some fresh air
Last edited by Thatguy4683 on Sat May 22, 2021 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Thatguy4683 wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 11:30 pm
LegendZilla wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 11:15 pm I know I said this before, but how will you guys feel if they made an RE game set in Japan?
I will be quite interested in it, since the games have been centered around America so if it does take place in Japan it will be some fresh air
I imagine the 2 main playable characters will be an African-American policeman who has ties with the STARS organization and a Japanese policewoman from the group's Japan-based equivalent.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Mon May 24, 2021 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

LegendZilla wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 11:38 pm
I imagine the 2 main playable characters will be an Africa-American policeman who has ties with the STARS organization and a Japanese policewoman from the group's Japan-based equivalent.
I like that, there’s a of a more diverse cast in this, I only have 1 question, what viruses should infect Japan?
Last edited by Thatguy4683 on Sat May 22, 2021 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Thatguy4683 wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 11:55 pm
LegendZilla wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 11:38 pm
I imagine the 2 main playable characters will be an Africa-American policeman who has ties with the STARS organization and a Japanese policewoman from the group's Japan-based equivalent.
I like that, there’s a of a more diverse cast in this, I only have 1 question, what viruses should infect Japan?
Do you think it should be a new type of virus, or pre-existing one? FYI, I am not that knowledgeable of RE lore, so could you give me a rundown of the different types of viruses in that Universe and explain how they affect people?
Last edited by LegendZilla on Tue May 25, 2021 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.