Resident Evil Discussion Thread

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Re: Resident Evil Discussion Thread

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

RE4 is now 15 years old. It's fine for a remake. I'm more excited for that than RE2 and 3 remakes, honestly. It's what got me into the games in the first place.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

HedorahIsBestGirl
Gotengo Officer

Post by HedorahIsBestGirl »

My review of the Resident Evil 3 remake: boy, that was quick.

I'm glad it was a birthday gift because I'd be very angry if I'd wasted $60 on six hours of gameplay. This one just feels lazy to me. I'm fine with its gameplay being identical to RE2, but I honestly feel like it should have just been DLC for RE2 given how little content there actually is. That, or price it at $20 instead of tacking on a shitty multiplayer to justify the price-tag.

Come on, the RE2 remake had two different campaigns (a lot of overlap, sure, but with some different areas and weapons), plus the 2nd Run option and those challenge missions. With RE3, I don't really see any reason to replay the same game on a harder difficulty just to unlock an even harder difficulty.
Last edited by HedorahIsBestGirl on Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The wisest words ever spoken on TK: "When I Saw The Showa Movie's white My Friend's They seid WTF is This Your showing Me to Men Fighting In suit's they found At party city Butt when I Showed Them The Heisei film's they thoght They where pritty fun To Watch"

:Godzilla68: and :Anguirus: were never really friends.

:Hedorah: is best girl, :Baragon: is best boy

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

gvamp wrote:If the rumors of RE8 are true then that's why we're getting a remake of RE4, Capcom will have a good chunk of the assets in place. Its why RE2 remake took so long to make because they where also working on the RE3 remake since they had a good chunk of assets to use.

I do agree that Code Veronica would make a better candidate for a remake but finically speaking RE4 is going to be easier since it has less work to be made from the ground up.
Like I'm not saying a remake for RE4 won't be amazing, I'm 99% sure it'll be amazing. I kind of wanted to see Code Veronica or even a non-RE game remade first like Dinocrisis. Heck I'm still surprised Darkstalkers hasn't been rebooted since fighting games have made a big comeback over the years and I feel they should strike the iron while it's still hot before fighting games go back into hibernation.
HedorahIsBestGirl wrote:My review of the Resident Evil 3 remake: boy, that was quick.

I'm glad it was a birthday gift because I'd be very angry if I'd wasted $60 on six hours of gameplay. This one just feels lazy to me. I'm fine with its gameplay being identical to RE2, but I honestly feel like it should have just been DLC for RE2 given how little content there actually is. That, or price it at $20 instead of tacking on a shitty multiplayer to justify the price-tag.

Come on, the RE2 remake had two different campaigns (a lot of overlap, sure, but with some different areas and weapons), plus the 2nd Run option and those challenge missions. With RE3, I don't really see any reason to replay the same game on a harder difficulty just to unlock an even harder difficulty.
The remakes are different enough to warrant playing the originals. If you want and don't already have it, give RE3 original a try.
Last edited by BlankAccount on Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

Ideally I would have had Capcom do RE8, then Dino Crisis remake then do a Code Veronica remake.

I really don't think RE4 deserves a remake its still to new for me but then again they remade the original RE about six years after the original came out.
Proud owner of a Xbox Series X, Switch OLED and PS5.

PC Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10900k, Motherboard: MSI Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi, Case: Corsair 4000D airflow, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 32GB (16GBx2), GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Vision, Storage: WD SN750 1TB, Mouse and Keyboard: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Mouse and Logitech G905 Keyboard.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

gvamp wrote:Ideally I would have had Capcom do RE8, then Dino Crisis remake then do a Code Veronica remake.

I really don't think RE4 deserves a remake its still to new for me but then again they remade the original RE about six years after the original came out.
I played RE4 on the switch summer of 2019. Honestly, the game is pretty much flawless gameplay wise. Even then in HD the graphics are fine for what they are.

I agree with the RE8 and Dino Crisis.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Sad news, Paul Haddad who was Leon's voice actor in the original RE2 passed away at age 56 on April 15th due to throat cancer.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Haddad

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Living Corpse wrote:Sad news, Paul Haddad who was Leon's voice actor in the original RE2 passed away at age 56 on April 15th due to throat cancer.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Haddad
if cancer doesn't kill you in this day and age, Covid will.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I'm playing Resident Evil 3 now. No, not the remake, the original on the PS1. I haven't played the remake yet, but after hearing how different the remake is, I feel fine playing the original first and then it. With the exception of 5 I've played them all within the past year or so so I'm definitely on a kick.

So far I have played and beaten:
Resident Evil 0
Resident Evil 1 Remake
Resident Evil 2 Remake
Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil 5
Resident Evil 6
Resident Evil Revelations 1
Resident Evil Revelations 2

After 3 I still have Resident Evil 7 which I am really looking forward to as well.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

HedorahIsBestGirl
Gotengo Officer

Post by HedorahIsBestGirl »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: After 3 I still have Resident Evil 7 which I am really looking forward to as well.
It's a fantastic game, probably my favorite of the three RE games I've played. I think survival horror benefits from a first-person perspective.
The wisest words ever spoken on TK: "When I Saw The Showa Movie's white My Friend's They seid WTF is This Your showing Me to Men Fighting In suit's they found At party city Butt when I Showed Them The Heisei film's they thoght They where pritty fun To Watch"

:Godzilla68: and :Anguirus: were never really friends.

:Hedorah: is best girl, :Baragon: is best boy

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Since rumors are Leon is playable in RE8 and if that's true, can we finally get his Sentinel Nine handgun? It was a mistake to remove it from RE6 for the Wing Shooters which only looked like his VP70 from RE2 because nostalgia bait. It'd be like removing his Silver Ghost pistol from RE4. Sentinel Nine has it's own backstory and it's cool that Leon not only revived the project but oversaw the project himself, even adding an extra requirement and extra test for it's torture test, that being acid resistance since many monsters shoot acid.

Plus I want to jam that spiky flash hider into an enemy's head as a melee attack after stunning them. It's cool they finally used it for Vendetta but we the players are still waiting to fire it (and jam it into enemy heads) in games.

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

Living Corpse wrote:Since rumors are Leon is playable in RE8 and if that's true, can we finally get his Sentinel Nine handgun? It was a mistake to remove it from RE6 for the Wing Shooters which only looked like his VP70 from RE2 because nostalgia bait. It'd be like removing his Silver Ghost pistol from RE4. Sentinel Nine has it's own backstory and it's cool that Leon not only revived the project but oversaw the project himself, even adding an extra requirement and extra test for it's torture test, that being acid resistance since many monsters shoot acid.

Plus I want to jam that spiky flash hider into an enemy's head as a melee attack after stunning them. It's cool they finally used it for Vendetta but we the players are still waiting to fire it (and jam it into enemy heads) in games.

Chris is gonna be in the game as well with a redesign more closely resembling RE5-RE6 according to rumors, probably to rectify that whole debacle with his RE7 redesign.
My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

KManX89 wrote:Chris is gonna be in the game as well with a redesign more closely resembling RE5-RE6 according to rumors, probably to rectify that whole debacle with his RE7 redesign.
While I understand people being upset by his RE7 design, I'm honestly indifferent. These characters look vastly different from game to game. I'm just more upset that RE6 was 7 or 8 years ago and only now we might get a chance to use the pistol that was meant to be Leon's default in that game.

EDIT: Here's the Sentinel Nine's backstory for anyone interested.

http://www.projectumbrella.net/articles ... lucidation
Last edited by BlankAccount on Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

I just finished playing the remake of RE1 on my Switch. It took some time getting used to, but I had fun with it in the end. Anyways, do you guys mind if we discuss ideas for future entries in the franchise? Let me share mine.

I for one think that Capcom should make an entry take place in Japan, which is surprising since that’s where the games are made. That is, assuming any of the games have not been set there already because I do recall a friend of mine telling me one of the live-action movies did. Since every playable protagonist, at least to my knowledge have been exclusively Caucasian-American, why not add some people of color into the mix?

What do you think of my suggestions? Do you like them? If not, give me your own.

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

Living Corpse wrote:
KManX89 wrote:Chris is gonna be in the game as well with a redesign more closely resembling RE5-RE6 according to rumors, probably to rectify that whole debacle with his RE7 redesign.
While I understand people being upset by his RE7 design, I'm honestly indifferent. These characters look vastly different from game to game. I'm just more upset that RE6 was 7 or 8 years ago and only now we might get a chance to use the pistol that was meant to be Leon's default in that game.

EDIT: Here's the Sentinel Nine's backstory for anyone interested.

http://www.projectumbrella.net/articles ... lucidation
I'm pretty sure the only reason he's supposedly in RE8 is to rectify that whole RE7 redesign situation which fans weren't happy with.

It wouldn't be the first time they've done this, either. Jill's Revelations 1 design was drastically different. They even showed her entering the Spencer estate at the end in her new Rev1 design, which she would transition back to her old RE5 design by the start of the actual Lost in Nightmares DLC.

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

If rumors are true then we should be seeing RE8 at the Sony event on Thursday with more of it shown off at a separate Capcom event with in the next few weeks.
Proud owner of a Xbox Series X, Switch OLED and PS5.

PC Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10900k, Motherboard: MSI Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi, Case: Corsair 4000D airflow, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 32GB (16GBx2), GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Vision, Storage: WD SN750 1TB, Mouse and Keyboard: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Mouse and Logitech G905 Keyboard.

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

God dang it! Was about to post it.

Get your silver bullets loaded into your Samurai Edge.

EDIT: Developer message.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ffox_C_DWpU

Added in 1 day 21 hours 15 minutes :
So this is a darker Chris for sure, he's even dressed like Albert and Glenn. Even if he isn't totally villain now (still not sure how I feel about that) I'd be up for him changing from hero to anti-hero.
Last edited by BlankAccount on Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I'm really excited for the PS5, specifically because of Resident Evil.

Over the last year and a half, I've pretty much played all the games in the series, sans 7 and Remake 3. I played 2's remake last year, before moving to Japan, and when I moved I made the stupid decision to abandon my ps4. Since the ps5 is backwards compatible, the ps5 day one purchases are going to be 7 and Remake 3 for sure, with me really looking forward to 8. Hell yeah. Also glad that they are changing things up.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

^I look forward to what new IPs Capcom has in store for this new decade and what older franchises they plan to revitalize. It's good to know that they were working on at least one in the form of Pragmata.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

LegendZilla wrote:^I look forward to what new IPs Capcom has in store for this new decade and what older franchises they plan to revitalize. It's good to know that they were working on at least one in the form of Pragmata.
Regardless of Resident Evil, the fact that they’ve seen people are excited about, and purchasing, largely solid single player experiences is a fantastic thing and I hope that continues with new ips.