Monster Hunter General Thread 2.0

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Re: Monster Hunter General Thread 2.0

Post by Thatguy4683 »

God can we appreciate Safi’Jiiva design
Last edited by Thatguy4683 on Tue May 17, 2022 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

I think this update for this new game could be very great if only I have a PC or Nintendo switch, but now I’m stuck with Xbox. Iceborne is great though, Safi’jiiva and Fatalis it’s probably my favorite dragons

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Spoiler:
New Sunbreak trailer show some exciting news
Last edited by Thatguy4683 on Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dracosaurian
JXSDF Technician

Post by Dracosaurian »

Thatguy4683 wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:15 pm
Spoiler:
New Sunbreak trailer show some exciting news
- Very nice to see them bring in Espinas from Frontier. It and a number of monsters from there would fit in well with the mainline games.

- Gore Magala returning is nice. Now people can finally shut up about it.... Btw, it looked very impressive taking down that Goss Harag.

- The 2nd gen Jungle is a bit of an odd choice to bring back, but it looks decent so I'm cool with that.

- Not really psyched about Daimyo Hermitaur returning. Them bringing back the same two Carapaceons is getting old. They need brand new ones. The 5th generation has done a great job at adding new Fanged Wyverns. Hopefully the 6th generation will deliver.

- The return of the Tower is cool and Lucent Nargacuga returning was quite unexpected.

CommanderPhoenix
Monarch Researcher

Post by CommanderPhoenix »

I'm glad they're bringing back the crabs, because if there was ever a game to make Shen Gaoren a good fight, it would be the one where we could climb it with wirebugs.

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

What do you guys think about having the Monster Hunter going off the bonker with the monsters, personally I’m fine with the black dragons being more crazy but I want the rest to be more grounded

Dracosaurian
JXSDF Technician

Post by Dracosaurian »

The final trailer for Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak!

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Dracosaurian wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:01 pm The final trailer for Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak!

Looks absolutely fantastic

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Thatguy4683 wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 5:19 pm What do you guys think about having the Monster Hunter going off the bonker with the monsters, personally I’m fine with the black dragons being more crazy but I want the rest to be more grounded
Completely fine with it. I personally love Magnamalo.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Im honestly surprised a direct sequel to Monster Hunter World has not been announced. Wasn't it the biggest selling game of the whole franchise?
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:34 am Im honestly surprised a direct sequel to Monster Hunter World has not been announced. Wasn't it the biggest selling game of the whole franchise?
It was not just the best selling game in the franchise but in Capcom history, selling over 20 millions copy worldwide, but I don’t know if they are making a direct sequel to this game, usually they make another monster hunter that is entirely separate from the last one. But I don’t know maybe the next game will be a direct sequel time will tell

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

If nothing else at least another multi-console game. There's probably tons of fans who hopped into the franchise with World and most probably won't jump consoles just to play Rise. A sequel to World, even if only in name, would only be logical. They're obviously gonna want to make some sort of game for the new gen consoles. Could only imagine how good a World style game would look on the PS5 engine.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 12:11 am If nothing else at least another multi-console game. There's probably tons of fans who hopped into the franchise with World and most probably won't jump consoles just to play Rise. A sequel to World, even if only in name, would only be logical. They're obviously gonna want to make some sort of game for the new gen consoles. Could only imagine how good a World style game would look on the PS5 engine.
It would be great if they made A world sequel And seeing it on the Xbox S, which most likely they will because the Xbox PC PS5 are pretty much the only big moneymakers other than Nintendo switch

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

So I’ve been playing Sunbreak for a while and it’s fucking fantastic, I won’t put in spoilers but as far as I am in the game it’s great even though it’s not very challenging in some aspects

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Here’s a screenshot of Fatalis

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Is it possible that Godzilla could show up as a guest character in this series? He’s showing up in Gigabash after all.

Dracosaurian
JXSDF Technician

Post by Dracosaurian »

LegendZilla wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:09 pm Is it possible that Godzilla could show up as a guest character in this series? He’s showing up in Gigabash after all.

I seriously doubt he would.

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Post by CamtheGodzillafan »

Just got Monster Hunter Rise, my first Monster Hunter game, and I'm already attached to this game.

So far, I've only taken down a Great Izurchi, but it sure did feel pretty damn good when I did.

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Post by CamtheGodzillafan »

Why the hell is it so hard to beat magnamalo.