General Horror Game Thread

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
Thatguy4683
G-Grasper

General Horror Game Thread

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Since there is general threads on other horror media like J Horror and British horror I thought it would be a good idea to make a thread and show some love to video games horror.

What was your experience with horror video games?
:godzilla2021blue: :shingodzillapurple:

MogeGoji1994
GPN Volunteer

Re: General Horror Game Thread

Post by MogeGoji1994 »

I have the most intense love-hate relationship with Dead by Daylight.

RE7 was an incredible game, not only from its actual gameplay but its new engine and the influence it had on RE2 RE3 and RE8

FEAR holds up extremely well to this day due to its lighting and particle effects, more games should learn from this, its something that modern games still don't have

STALKER is the only game to make me terrified of a pack of dogs on an empty road in broad daylight

-HE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN TH-

Thatguy4683
G-Grasper

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Dead Space 1-2 is amoug my favorite horror games, I’m a big BIG body horror fan and this game has it all. Really curious and hopeful that the remake contains something actually good.

FNAF series hold a special place in my childhood, still a fan to this day though security breach really tested that statement. FNAF Plus might be the savior of this franchise.

Alien Isolation is basically one of the best game based of a existing IP. It expands on the lore while also being the perfect stealth horror game ever to be made.
:godzilla2021blue: :shingodzillapurple:

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

MogeGoji1994 wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:56 am I have the most intense love-hate relationship with Dead by Daylight.
I don't think anything on this site has spoken directly to my soul like this.

That game feels like a broken relationship lol.
Oh boy yeah

MogeGoji1994
GPN Volunteer

Post by MogeGoji1994 »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 5:21 pm
MogeGoji1994 wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:56 am I have the most intense love-hate relationship with Dead by Daylight.
I don't think anything on this site has spoken directly to my soul like this.

That game feels like a broken relationship lol.
Whenever I play killer, I just play until mmr sets me up against a toxic swf, and then I just stop playing the rest of the day. Could be 1 match, could be a dozen. The devs are insane with the balance choices lately

-HE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN TH-

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

Resident Evil is my favorite video game series of all time. I've played and beaten almost all of the games. The only one I really need to play through on the mainline releases is Code Veronica. I got to Antartica on the Dreamcast version and screwed myself on ammo and never finished it. I also never really played through the side games like the gun games and Gaiden on the GBC.
Proud owner of a Xbox Series X, Switch OLED and PS5.

PC Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10900k, Motherboard: MSI Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi, Case: Corsair 4000D airflow, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 32GB (16GBx2), GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Vision, Storage: WD SN750 1TB, Mouse and Keyboard: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Mouse and Logitech G905 Keyboard.