General Gaming News Thread

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
Gomi: Ninja Monster
G-Force Personnel

Re: General Gaming News Thread

Post by Gomi: Ninja Monster »

Kaiju-King42 wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:15 pm
Gomi: Ninja Monster wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:06 pm
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:48 pm Don't celebrate. Ubisoft isn't much of an upgrade from EA.

As a matter of fact, it's probably worse. Ubisoft is pretty skreeonking infamous for the rape and sexual abuse its employees suffer.

I hope people here do the right thing and don't buy the game first hand. But it's probably a fool's hope.
Remember, the game has to actually look like it will be good first. I think Fallout 76, The Last Of Us Part II, and Cyberpunk 2077 have done enough to make people a little more skeptical of preordering things blindly.
No, no. You misunderstand. I'm not talking about trivial elements like how the game turns out. I'm talking about the company itself, and the serious crimes they have committed. I want to remind people who they're giving their money to.

This isn't targeted at anyone in particular, it's just a general plea: If you want the game when it comes out, please buy used, or from a second hand seller.
Hmm, must have missed that debacle. I was only saying if the game doesn't look good or overpromises people might not even want to buy it in the first place, making it a moot point. But clearly I'm out of my element here.

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

Konami dissolving their major studios

Yeah, yeah, I know, "Konami isn't done making games", but how did Metal Gear Survive and Contra: Rogue Corps turn out? Or Super Bomberman R for that matter? And that was back when they didn't have one studio doing all the work.

Makes me skeptical of the Silent Hill revival/Metal Gear Solid remake rumors.
My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

Gomi: Ninja Monster
G-Force Personnel

Post by Gomi: Ninja Monster »

First full Nintendo Direct in over a year is happening tomorrow! Get hyped!!!

kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

Come on, Doom Slayer for smash, Doom Slayer for smash!

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

HOUSE OF THE DEAD REMAKE TRAILER DROPPED

AHHHH
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

KManX89 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:37 pm Konami dissolving their major studios

Yeah, yeah, I know, "Konami isn't done making games", but how did Metal Gear Survive and Contra: Rogue Corps turn out? Or Super Bomberman R for that matter? And that was back when they didn't have one studio doing all the work.

Makes me skeptical of the Silent Hill revival/Metal Gear Solid remake rumors.
In that case, I think Konami should just let themselves be bought out by another major company. If so, who do you think it should be? I know I said this before, but I think it would be awesome if Toho themselves did it, after all they do have a history with Konami. Does such an acquisition sound feasible? It would be the Japanese equivalent of Warner Bros buying Midway in 2009.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Recent reports have it that Disney, Capcom and Digital Eclipse might be working on a remaster of Marvel vs. Capcom 2!
https://www.ign.com/articles/mvc2-remaster-discussions
https://www.cbr.com/marvel-vs-capcom-2- ... e-started/

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

https://www.nme.com/news/gaming-news/fi ... ng-3141596

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Oh man. Final Fantasy fans, such as myself, aren't going to forget this. This is pure gold.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Big news I thought I'd adress : https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/micros ... -1.6318780

Microsoft really is becoming the Disney of the gaming world. If they do make another Warcraft game, they just might incorporate elements of Age Of Empires.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

LegendZilla wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:35 pm Big news I thought I'd adress : https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/micros ... -1.6318780

Microsoft really is becoming the Disney of the gaming world. If they do make another Warcraft game, they just might incorporate elements of Age Of Empires.
*Edit*

More big acquisition-related news : Sony has bought Bungie studios, known for Halo. As a lifelong Nintendo-supporter, this is somewhat cathartic knowing that Microsoft will now know the pain Nintendo had when they were snagged of Rareware from them.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Bumping this thread to report some news. If rumors are to be believed, then EA may just be the next video game company to sell itself off.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ea-is ... 0-6503720/

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Gigantis wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 4:11 pm Bumping this thread to report some news. If rumors are to be believed, then EA may just be the next video game company to sell itself off.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ea-is ... 0-6503720/
Who you think could buy it? Besides Disney that is.

PuzzledAmphibian
Monsterland Worker

Post by PuzzledAmphibian »

Is there a TMNT thread here? Are there enough fans around to justify one? Because Shredder's Revenge is RADICAL!

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

PuzzledAmphibian wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:34 am Is there a TMNT thread here? Are there enough fans around to justify one? Because Shredder's Revenge is RADICAL!
I have been thoroughly enjoying that one! I watched a lot of TMNT as a kiddo so this made me happy to see the callbacks with the bosses and collectibles. The sprite art and music are so good too, definitely a game I don't regret getting!
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

PuzzledAmphibian
Monsterland Worker

CyberZilla wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 1:24 pm
PuzzledAmphibian wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:34 am Is there a TMNT thread here? Are there enough fans around to justify one? Because Shredder's Revenge is RADICAL!
I have been thoroughly enjoying that one! I watched a lot of TMNT as a kiddo so this made me happy to see the callbacks with the bosses and collectibles. The sprite art and music are so good too, definitely a game I don't regret getting!
Exactly how I'm feeling! You can tell it was made with a lot of love for the classic show and games. And it's just solid fun gameplay. I tried it on the $1 gamepass thing but I just decided to pick it up anyway after I enjoyed it so much.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

^Such a game could never had happened if Eastman and Laird were still in charge of the franchise.

PuzzledAmphibian
Monsterland Worker

LegendZilla wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:49 pm ^Such a game could never had happened if Eastman and Laird were still in charge of the franchise.
What makes you say that in particular?

I never knew either one of them had any big issues with the video games. Kevin Eastman is actually involved in a small way with the upcoming Cowabunga Collection that is made up of games mostly based on the 1987 series by creating special illustrations for the limited edition. And the only thing I know Peter Laird completely despised was The Next Mutation.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

PuzzledAmphibian wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:11 pm
LegendZilla wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:49 pm ^Such a game could never had happened if Eastman and Laird were still in charge of the franchise.
What makes you say that in particular?

I never knew either one of them had any big issues with the video games. Kevin Eastman is actually involved in a small way with the upcoming Cowabunga Collection that is made up of games mostly based on the 1987 series by creating special illustrations for the limited edition. And the only thing I know Peter Laird completely despised was The Next Mutation.
Peter Laird always considered the 1987 cartoon a disappointment.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.