Jurassic World Evolution

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
SoggyNoodles2016

Re: Jurassic World Evolution

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Good news: Image

JP skins confirmed! (look in the back)

Bad news: Mixed eras have been confirmed for Sandbox on PC and next gen consoles!....but not the current gen ones.

RIP Evan.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

Based!
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

SoggyNoodles2016

And a GameComs promo with Jeff Goldblum has revealed Icthyosaurus (who Jeff notes freak him out lol) and Cearadactylus

RIP Evan.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

So large carnivores and small carnivore packs can fight now. Also, security tiers have been introduced, so escape capacity is measured based on threat level and how strong your fences are. So small herbivores can’t break through electrified concrete anymore

Added in 10 minutes 23 seconds:
Also Rangers have drones now
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

And the subreddit is in flames again lol

SoggyNoodles2016

gottatalktothefake wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:22 am And the subreddit is in flames again lol
Of course lol.

This is already WAY more interesting the the current skins and knowing frontier they'll add more after launch, by why care when we can BIIIIIIITCH

RIP Evan.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:29 am
gottatalktothefake wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:22 am And the subreddit is in flames again lol
Of course lol.

This is already WAY more interesting the the current skins and knowing frontier they'll add more after launch, by why care when we can BIIIIIIITCH
It’s peak entitlement
“we only get 84 skins per each of the nearly 100 species, but I wanted 1000 skins each!”

SoggyNoodles2016

I love how the whole community has finally admitted they don't give a single fuck about how the game actually plays, they LITERALLY only care about superficial skin deep things

RIP Evan.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:38 am I love how the whole community has finally admitted they don't give a single skreeonk about how the game actually plays, they LITERALLY only care about superficial skin deep things
Exactly, people are acting like this new skin thing overrides the dynamic interactions, new animations, pack hunting, lagoons, aviaries, building customization, territories, ect.

Do skins really matter so much that they override everything else, especially when we already have a lot of them, and you just didn’t get as many as you thought would be there? It’s one of the most superficial and unimportant things in the game and now it’s the end of the world because it isn’t as much as they expected.

This is the same community that for years made a huge deal about benches and trash cans. So I guess it should be expected

Added in 59 seconds:
This is like watching a kid pitch a fit because he got everything he wanted for Christmas except one small thing, which he got an older version of.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

gottatalktothefake wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:01 am This is the same community that for years made a huge deal about benches and trash cans. So I guess it should be expected
I have no contact with the community, so I don't know the details here, but benches and trash cans are really basic items in this kind of game. Roller Coaster Tycoon executed them perfectly in freaking 1999. JWE was astoundingly lazy and underdeveloped as a park simulator game.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

SoggyNoodles2016

JAGzilla wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:48 pm
gottatalktothefake wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:01 am This is the same community that for years made a huge deal about benches and trash cans. So I guess it should be expected
I have no contact with the community, so I don't know the details here, but benches and trash cans are really basic items in this kind of game. Roller Coaster Tycoon executed them perfectly in freaking 1999. JWE was astoundingly lazy and underdeveloped as a park simulator game.
The issue here for context is that the skin system wasn't what was expected and now people are throwing a shit fit despite all the MULTIPLE improvements made.

So, in comparison, this is like Roller Coaster Tycoon coming out and having a fan base give them shit because they only have BLUE trash cans after someone misread it and thought there would be green.

RIP Evan.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Lol they’re claiming everything promised is fake now

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Pack hunting was shown off in the raptor species field guide! It looks great!

In other news people from the JWE sub are now harassing me by following me around Reddit

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Just watched the velociraptor you got and oh my god this game is going to be big.

Added in 1 minute 9 seconds:
gottatalktothefake wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:56 am In other news people from the JWE sub are now harassing me by following me around Reddit
That really does suck man, I hope they go away soon.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Thatguy4683 wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:46 am Just watched the velociraptor you got and oh my god this game is going to be big.

Added in 1 minute 9 seconds:
gottatalktothefake wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:56 am In other news people from the JWE sub are now harassing me by following me around Reddit
That really does suck man, I hope they go away soon.
Eh, I’m used to it. It ain’t the first time. I just wish the people who kept saying pack hunting was cut would just admit they’re wrong instead of acting dumb and saying no one ever said anything.

I hate the subreddit, it’s like a cycle

>”frontier is lying about a feature! It’s not actually in the game!”
>*subreddit is spammed with posts like that for weeks*
>*proof the feature is in the game is posted*
>”no one ever said the feature wouldn’t be in the game!”
>”uh, yeah they did, here are some links”
>”those don’t count!”
>repeat

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Tons of new gameplay vids dropped and they’re awesome.

The new behaviors made the T. rex adorable. It melted my heart.

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

The gameplay scene has been very great so far even though it has some little bugs it looks fantastic and I’m willing to buy it when it releases, I wonder what they did with Dilophosaurus, he was already great in there from the beginning and now he’ll get some new and unique animations in this game too I can’t wait

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Full roster got leaked.
Spoiler:
Everyone from the first game except the three wu hybrids are back. 19 new species for a total of 84.

Here’s the list (excluding deluxe dinos)

https://i.redd.it/hbei4td3jjw71.png

SoggyNoodles2016

Utterly fantastic, I love all of the new choices and am glad I'm not missing out on any.

Looks like Dreadnoughtus and Iguanodon got Dominion redesigns but not Giga. Odd.

RIP Evan.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

No Rhamphorynchus? Come on, that's a no-brainer pterosaur. Pretty solid lineup overall, though.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio