Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
Billzilla1974
Interpol Agent

Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Postby Billzilla1974 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:43 pm

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:King K. Rool's my main because crocodiles are my favorite animals.

All I can say is were actually lucky we even got K. Rool in the first place because had it not been for his heavy demand he likely never would had seen the light of day ever again sinking into obscurity considering his decade long absence.

His return in Ultimate has no doubt revived his comeback and I expect we'll be seeing him in future Donkey Kong games and maybe even Mario sports spin-offs.

Crocodiles are pretty impressive animals in their own right.
I wasn't expecting King K. Rool to even be considered for Smash Ultimate, so I was pleasantly surprised when I saw the reveal for him.

I definetly think K. Rool and the other kremlings deserve a comeback to the DK series.

For now though, I'm just glad he's back, In all of his durable, crown-throwing glory.
Last edited by Billzilla1974 on Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never forget the Showa Era, R.I.P, Haruo Nakajima 8/7/2017. :g64:
Extra THICC!
King K.Rool main.

GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:48 pm

Billzilla1974 wrote:Crocodiles are pretty impressive animals in their own right.
I wasn't expecting King K. Rool to even be considered for Smash Ultimate, so I was pleasantly surprised when I saw the reveal for him.

I definetly think K. Rool and the other kremlings deserve a comeback to the DK series.

For now though, I'm just glad he's back, In all of his durable, crown-throwing glory.

He should had been in since Brawl. It probably would had prevented that decade long absence if Nintendo had only noticed his popularity until now.

Like he should have been one of the obvious adds in Brawl along with Ridley if you ask me. It’s crazy to think that two of Nintendo’s biggest villains have taken 5 installments to make it in, thank goodness they made the cut this time.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:53 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Postby Grievous » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:11 pm

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:It ain't the first time they've had an M rated character assuming its true.

Snake? Bayonetta? Simon? Richter? Joker?

Yes...but at least those characters are actually characters.

The DoomSlayer is simply the video game manifestation of Pure Brutal Murder.

Oh God...& now I'm just imagining him hitting a "Glory Kill" on a Pokemon or
an Animal Crossing character.

:shock:

I mean why not add Earthworm Jim or Crash Bandicoot or even the old school
Lara Croft...but the DoomSlayer? That just seems a little off to me.

I mean a least Bayonetta talks...and uses magic.

I just see the DoomSlayer beginning & ending every (Non-)sentence with a shotgun blast.

*Thinks*

Actually PlatinumGames & Bethesda should just make proper Bayonetta/Doom crossover game.

You all know that would be completely & utterly insane in the funnest possible way.
Last edited by Grievous on Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The A.D.F Needs You! Join The Anguirus Defense Force via Private Message Today!

Billzilla1974
Interpol Agent

Postby Billzilla1974 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:39 pm

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:He should had been in since Brawl. It probably would had prevented that decade long absence if Nintendo had only noticed his popularity until now.

Like he should have been one of the obvious adds in Brawl along with Ridley if you ask me. It’s crazy to think that two of Nintendo’s biggest villains have taken 5 installments to make it in, thank goodness they made the cut this time.

I agree, that would've lessened his 10 year disappearance, and I would've welcomed him back then. I wonder how they would've handled king k's moves and super armor had he been in brawl.

The fact that people called King k. rool & Ridley too big before their reveals for Ultimate implies those same people would've objected to adding them to Brawl back then as well. A claim that made little sense because some of the characters in previous Smash games also had inconsistent/large size (Bowser) and are scaled to a relatively similar size in Smash.

I'm glad both King k.rool & Ridley are finally getting the recognition they deserve.
Never forget the Showa Era, R.I.P, Haruo Nakajima 8/7/2017. :g64:
Extra THICC!
King K.Rool main.

GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:42 pm

Billzilla1974 wrote:I agree, that would've lessened his 10 year disappearance, and I would've welcomed him back then. I wonder how they would've handled king k's moves and super armor had he been in brawl.

The fact that people called King k. rool & Ridley too big before their reveals for Ultimate implies those same people would've objected to adding them to Brawl back then as well. A claim that made little sense because some of the characters in previous Smash games also had inconsistent/large size (Bowser) and are scaled to a relatively similar size in Smash.

I'm glad both King k.rool & Ridley are finally getting the recognition they deserve.

The whole too big was only for Ridley actually IIRC.

UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby UltramanGoji » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:42 pm

K. Rool has one of the best new remixes on the game's soundtrack so I hope it's a sign Nintendo is going to put him in more games.

GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:55 pm

UltramanGoji wrote:K. Rool has one of the best new remixes on the game's soundtrack so I hope it's a sign Nintendo is going to put him in more games.

The fact he was featured in more trailers as well as most music to a new character makes me believe so and was in fact the Ballot winner.

MM Raids Again
Futurian

Postby MM Raids Again » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:22 pm

Grievous wrote:
GodzillaFan1990's wrote:It ain't the first time they've had an M rated character assuming its true.

Snake? Bayonetta? Simon? Richter? Joker?

Yes...but at least those characters are actually characters.

The DoomSlayer is simply the video game manifestation of Pure Brutal Murder.

Oh God...& now I'm just imagining him hitting a "Glory Kill" on a Pokemon or
an Animal Crossing character.

:shock:

I mean why not add Earthworm Jim or Crash Bandicoot or even the old school
Lara Croft...but the DoomSlayer? That just seems a little off to me.

I mean a least Bayonetta talks...and uses magic.

I just see the DoomSlayer beginning & ending every (Non-)sentence with shotgun blast.

*Thinks*

Actually PlatinumGames & Bethesda should just make proper Bayonetta/Doom crossover game.

You all know that would be completely & utterly insane in the funnest possible way.

Said it before, Earthworm Jim would be great in Smash. Old school Lara Croft could be a contender also.
Did you miss me?

GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:13 pm

If Erdrick is the Square Enix rep I hope Sakurai trolls us at first thinking its Goku first showing Erdrick's upper face and hair. It sounds like something he'd definitely do.

God imagine the salt too. :lol:

MM Raids Again
Futurian

Postby MM Raids Again » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:48 pm

Just came across this...

Yeah, even if Sub-Zero gets in... He fits well.
Last edited by MM Raids Again on Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Did you miss me?

miguelnuva
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby miguelnuva » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:00 am

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:If Erdrick is the Square Enix rep I hope Sakurai trolls us at first thinking its Goku first showing Erdrick's upper face and hair. It sounds like something he'd definitely do.

God imagine the salt too. :lol:

People already know the difference between Edrick and Goku.
The one thing I want to see in life,TOHO buy Gamera.

Shadow Area 1-0

GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:04 am

MM Raids Again wrote:Just came across this...

Lets be honest if anyone from Mortal Kombat gets in it'll be Scorpion for obvious reasons.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

LegendZilla
E.S.P.Spy

Postby LegendZilla » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:51 am

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
MM Raids Again wrote:Just came across this...

Lets be honest if anyone from Mortal Kombat gets in it'll be Scorpion for obvious reasons.

The only downside is MK is an American IP.
Formerly Kaijucole in 2006.

GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:14 pm

I don't expect Scorpion to get in anyways tbh but I'll eat a sock if he does.

I mean at this point considering Joker of all characters had made the cut who knows what to expect at this point. Sakurai I'm certain is gonna keep surprising us with the remaining 4 DLC.

miguelnuva
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby miguelnuva » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:17 pm

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:I don't expect Scorpion to get in anyways tbh but I'll eat a sock if he does.

I mean at this point considering Joker of all characters had made the cut who knows what to expect at this point. Sakurai I'm certain is gonna keep surprising us with the remaining 4 DLC.

The DLC is a surprise because Sakurai didn't pick.
The one thing I want to see in life,TOHO buy Gamera.

Shadow Area 1-0

LSD Jellyfish
E.S.P.Spy

Postby LSD Jellyfish » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:22 am

Yeah, it was sortve stated that Nintendo (whatever that means) picked the characters. That means that there’s more push behind whoever they wanted to get in, and that most likely whoever they got represent something that Nintendo wants to promote. Given what the DLC leaks mean, assuming they’re real, it makes a lot of sense. I do sortve hope there’s a fighter pack 2. It would make a lot of sense to keep adding lots of characters to ultimate to satiate people’s desires.
_JNavs_ wrote:The MV is like cheap imitation crabmeat, it tastes good, but it isn't real, while Shin is kino peak Japanese performance.

KaijuCanuck
EDF Soldier

Postby KaijuCanuck » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:57 am

Sly Cooper sly Cooper sly Cooper sly Cooper sly Cooper sly Cooper sly Cooper sly Cooper sly Cooper sly Cooper sly Cooper sly Cooper sly Cooper sly Cooper sly Cooper sly Cooper sly Cooper sly Cooper sly Cooper sly Cooper sly Cooper sly Cooper sly Cooper sly Cooper sly Cooper sly Cooper WOULD I THINK BE A VERY GOOD CHOICE PUT ON SOME GLASSES NINTENDO AND SEE THE BIG PICTURE HERE

TyrantGojira
Futurian

Postby TyrantGojira » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:25 pm

KaijuCanuck wrote:Sly Cooper sly Cooper sly Cooper sly Cooper sly Cooper sly Cooper sly Cooper sly Cooper sly Cooper sly Cooper sly Cooper sly Cooper sly Cooper sly Cooper sly Cooper sly Cooper sly Cooper sly Cooper sly Cooper sly Cooper sly Cooper sly Cooper sly Cooper sly Cooper sly Cooper sly Cooper WOULD I THINK BE A VERY GOOD CHOICE PUT ON SOME GLASSES NINTENDO AND SEE THE BIG PICTURE HERE

I would honestly love that. They should have him communicate with Bentley and Murray on how to fight the other characters like Snake’s Codec conversations.
"Am I glad he's frozen in there and that we're out here, and that he's the sheriff, and that we're frozen out here, and that we're in there and I just remembered we're out here. What I wanna know is where's the caveman?"

GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:29 pm

If Sony were to get a rep it'd honestly be either Kratos or Sackboy.

LegendZilla
E.S.P.Spy

Postby LegendZilla » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:51 pm

My guess for the final 4 are :

Heihachi Mishima
Geno
Dixie
Spyro or Crash
Formerly Kaijucole in 2006.

Return to “Video Game Hub”