The Official Star Wars Saga Thread

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.

Which are your favorite installments in the Star Wars Saga?

Star Wars (1977, dir. George Lucas)
22%
The Empire Strikes Back (1980, dir. Irvin Kershner)
24%
Return of the Jedi (1983, dir. Richard Marquand)
20%
The Phantom Menace (1999, dir. Lucas)
2%
Attack of the Clones (2002, dir. Lucas)
2%
Revenge of the Sith (2005, dir. Lucas)
14%
The Force Awakens (2015, dir. J.J. Abrams)
2%
Rogue One (2016, dir. Gareth Edwards)
7%
The Last Jedi (2017, dir. Rian Johnson)
3%
Solo (2018, dir. Ron Howard)
1%
The Rise of Skywalker (2019, dir. J.J. Abrams)
2%

Total votes: 244

_JNavs_
Keizer

Re: The Official Star Wars Saga Thread

Post by _JNavs_ »

While I agree my enjoyment of a franchise has nothing to do with execs.

I also don't think we should let execs off the hook for being pompously rude individuals.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

That video doesn't... really explain what the situation is at all.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

eabaker wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:18 pm That video doesn't... really explain what the situation is at all.
SWTHEORY had a strong reaction to the Mandalorian finale where he cried. Pablo Hildago said something behind his private Twitter and then started liking posts from people that attack SWTHEORY for said reaction.

When people called out Pablo on why he was liking posts about a fan being made fun off he deleted his tweets but made one sarcastic post his header.

SWTHEORY has been blacklisted by Lucasfilm do to his following and the Vader fanfilm as he is vocal about not liking episode 8 and 9.

Added in 1 minute 55 seconds:
UltramanGoji wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:49 pm My enjoyment of the Star Wars franchise will not be affected by some DRAAAAMAAA!!, so yeah who cares.

And no, Dougherty would not really get a response from me if he said that because I already don't care for him as is.
No one can ruin my enjoyment of a franchise I like either but if officials are attacking fans and acting like kids I care.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

UltramanGoji wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:05 pm
miguelnuva wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:42 am So I don't know how many people here know SWtheory on YouTube but he made the Vader fan film a while ago. He's involved in drama with a certain Lucasfilm employee and I don't see what he did to deserve this.

https://youtu.be/YT5vnOSAE1c

Who cares

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5Q7CcINC8M

Anyway, this isn't the first time I've seen employees from Hollywood acting like dicks. Prolly won't be the last. Oh well...
Last edited by Spuro on Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

My thing is Pablo has basically since TLJ been telling fans that they care too much about old Star Wars. His Twitter is private so I can't get the tweets but this is the 4th time he's taken a pop shot at fans of
Spoiler:
Luke

He should be trying to bring the fandom together in his position of power.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

miguelnuva wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:10 pm My thing is Pablo has basically since TLJ been telling fans that they care too much about old Star Wars. His Twitter is private so I can't get the tweets but this is the 4th time he's taken a pop shot at fans of
Spoiler:
big anime tiddies

He should be trying to bring the fandom together in his position of power.
You were the employed one!

You were supposed to destroy the trolls, not join them!

Bring balance to the fandom, not leave it in darkness!
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

GodzillavsZilla
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GodzillavsZilla »

miguelnuva wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:31 pm
UltramanGoji wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:05 pm
miguelnuva wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:42 am So I don't know how many people here know SWtheory on YouTube but he made the Vader fan film a while ago. He's involved in drama with a certain Lucasfilm employee and I don't see what he did to deserve this.

https://youtu.be/YT5vnOSAE1c

Who cares
A lot should care when a company official is making fun of a fan for being excited about the product they create and we generate money for.

If Dougherty came out and said fans they didn't like Kotm just don't get Godzilla or made fun of fans who loved Kotm that wouldn't elict a feeling from you?
I guess I'm not "a lot of people" because I really cannot care less.

Then again, I'm also not a fan of SWT so there's that...
BrashAlaskan95 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:I hope you plan on mounting this thing. :lol:
On my wall. ;)
I'll call it "Bob: The One Who Was skreeonk From The Start". :lol:
skreeonk scary shit though if it is just scratches.
Zilla103192 wrote:She saw Godzilla fly... And just gave up. She called bullshit, broke up with me, and just left.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

I've always been a fan of SWT, especially since he's put together those big budget quality Vader fan film episodes.

He also seems incredibly genuine and sincere unlike those other SW channels that either vomit hate or spew Lucasfilm and Wookiepedia rhetoric for 10 minutes.

Specifically Star Wars Explained, they seem obnoxiously willing to eat up whatever Lucasfilm decides to put on the production lineup.

It's why they're never involved in drama, because they keep their track record with reviewing the content squeaky clean.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GodzillavsZilla
Administrator
Administrator

_JNavs_ wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:37 pm
It's why they're never involved in drama, because they keep their track record with reviewing the content squeaky clean.
Or, maybe they just don't care?
Star Wars drama is fucking stupid, it's 100000% not worth getting worked up about.
BrashAlaskan95 wrote:
On my wall. ;)
Zilla103192 wrote:She saw Godzilla fly... And just gave up. She called bullshit, broke up with me, and just left.

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

Post by Spirit Ghidorah 2010 »

Star Wars fans when Daisy Ridley, Ahmed Best, Kelly Marie Tran, Kathleen Kennedy, etc get obstinately harrassed on social media (in some cases, to the point of contemplating suicide): "Meh."

Star Wars fans when some executive posts a 5-word tweet: "WTF this has gone too far! How can they do such a thing?! Won't someone think of the children???"
He/him/his

#Pro-Choice #ACAB #TransRights #BlackLivesMatter #vaccinate #EatTheRich #TheSatanicTemple

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:43 am Star Wars fans when Daisy Ridley, Ahmed Best, Kelly Marie Tran, Kathleen Kennedy, etc get obstinately harrassed on social media (in some cases, to the point of contemplating suicide): "Meh."

Star Wars fans when some executive posts a 5-word tweet: "WTF this has gone too far! How can they do such a thing?! Won't someone think of the children???"
Apples and Oranges.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:43 am Star Wars fans when Daisy Ridley, Ahmed Best, Kelly Marie Tran, Kathleen Kennedy, etc get obstinately harrassed on social media (in some cases, to the point of contemplating suicide): "Meh."

Do fans like me, who hate both events, just not exist or something?

The existence of the former shouldn't invalidate the latter.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

I've yet to see Daisy Ridley harassment, since she disappeared off social media right after TFA. Unless criticizing her performance and character is considered harassment.

Ahmed Best is beloved within the community, unless you're talking about the 1999 fanbase from 30 years ago. Which in this case is irrelevant.

KMT was, again, criticized for her performance, however just like with Rey, it was her character that really did not sit well with fans.

KatKen is a whole separate beast that i won't touch on here as I have had absolutely no faith in her role as head honcho of Lucasfilm.

Added in 1 minute 45 seconds:
And as everyone has already said a dozen times.

An executive represents the company that they work for. A fan page that makes better productions than most over at LF does not warrant passively aggressive comments from the LF team
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

_JNavs_ wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:09 pm

Ahmed Best is beloved within the community, unless you're talking about the 1999 fanbase from 30 years ago. Which in this case is irrelevant.
He's beloved now.

Also, nice to know the fanbase who criticized his character far past 1999 to the point he considered suicide is irrelevant now. Sure he'd LOVE that.
KMT was, again, criticized for her performance, however just like with Rey, it was her character that really did not sit well with fans.

S
Just her character.

Sure, Jan.
KatKen is a whole separate beast that i won't touch on here as I have had absolutely no faith in her role as head honcho of Lucasfilm.
See the reason people bring her up is she's one of millions of the people behind these films and yet she's the one ALWAYS getting shit for firing Lord and Miller (at the behest of the film's writers), making TLJ (a film written by Rian Johnson), and every other thing.

I wonder why she would become a boogeyman for every Star Wars problems 🤔

Oh, right. Must be her "character" again.

An executive represents the company that they work for. A fan page that makes better productions than most over at LF does not warrant passively aggressive comments from the LF team
DING DING DING, WE GOT A WINNER FOLKS!

This has never been about some dude being "offended" over some douche being rude, this is every salty bitch who didn't like the Disney content coming up with an excuse to rip on them again.

Fuck off with this bullshit "Oh, we in the Star Wars fandom have n e v e r bullied anyone, but mean old Pablo is starting a fight." This fandom's toxicity is the main reason I've been avoiding Star Wars and this is the worst example of it since 2017, and I agree Pablo is in the wrong.

This fandom's a godamn punchline now and im glad. Maybe we can go back to having good content again like when everyone thought Mandalorian would fail.

RIP Evan.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:33 pm
_JNavs_ wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:09 pm

He's beloved now.

Also, nice to know the fanbase who criticized his character far past 1999 to the point he considered suicide is irrelevant now. Sure he'd LOVE that.

S
Just her character.

Sure, Jan.
See the reason people bring her up is she's one of millions of the people behind these films and yet she's the one ALWAYS getting poop for firing Lord and Miller (at the behest of the film's writers), making TLJ (a film written by Rian Johnson), and every other thing.

I wonder why she would become a boogeyman for every Star Wars problems 🤔

Oh, right. Must be her "character" again.

DING DING DING, WE GOT A WINNER FOLKS!

This has never been about some dude being "offended" over some douche being rude, this is every salty female dog who didn't like the Disney content coming up with an excuse to rip on them again.

skreeonk off with this bullshit "Oh, we in the Star Wars fandom have n e v e r bullied anyone, but mean old Pablo is starting a fight." This fandom's toxicity is the main reason I've been avoiding Star Wars and this is the worst example of it since 2017, and I agree Pablo is in the wrong.

This fandom's a godamn punchline now and im glad. Maybe we can go back to having good content again like when everyone thought Mandalorian would fail.
Okay uh,

1. Ahmed Best being beloved, or atleast appreciated since around 2005-now has been a thing. So uh yeah?

2. Since when did random troll comments on an Instagram comment section represent an entire fanbase filled with millions? This happens to literally any and all celebrity REGARDLESS of their position and/or field?

3. The reason people bring up Katken is because she is the puppetmaster for the franchise, she took over George Lucas' role, and has done a piss poor job at it thus far?

- Sequels whisper for themselves

-TCW season 7 was always a thing, all they did was actually finish the production of it.

-Solo took the plot of that old Puss in Boots
movie and still fumbled it, regardless of the 3+ directors she hired and fired or outright replaced.

- Rogue One was good but had paper-thin characters, again another characteristic of the recent productions.

- The Mandalorian is the absolute best thing to come out of the franchise post-acquisition since 2015.

But regardless of ALL OF THAT, NULUCASFILM has been bullying the fanbase, or selective parts of it SINCE CONCEPTION. Be it pedestal standing comic book writers, film writers, directors, MOST of the round table storyboard people. They've all taken their little potshots from their places of power.

And guess what? They can't have that kinda audacity with the kind of content they've given us thus far.

So YES that is why I mentioned SWT's superb work, because he has much more of a positive standing with fans, and he also releases content that's up to par.

So Pablo can shove it, since he's one of the largest progenitors of these incidents.

GodzillavsZilla
Administrator
Administrator

I miss when TFA first released, when there were plenty of people happy about the movie and just made some memes about it because they liked it.
BrashAlaskan95 wrote:
On my wall. ;)

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

SWTHEORY also has a bigger star wars channel than the official star wars YouTube channel, I can see that sitting wrong with someone like Pablo.

Regardless of how fans feel Pablo helped right the ST so when TLJ was picked apart and things like the Vader fan film praised I can see why Pablo might take a shot at Theory but like was said he's an official.

Also I'm tired of the term toxic fandom. Postive and Toxic are in every fandom ever and the word was created because its easier to label a fandom toxic then to admit their are assholes in the world.

It was easier to label people who didn't like TLJ with idoits who were racist and sexist for example as the Fandom Meance.
Last edited by miguelnuva on Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

GodzillavsJason
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GodzillavsJason »

GodzillavsZilla wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:37 pm I miss when TFA first released, when there were plenty of people happy about the movie and just made some memes about it because they liked it.
How I long for those days. Now it's just people screaming "They ruined muh STER WERS!"

Or at least..... how it's always been, but you get what I mean.
52 wins and 27 loses
TK's Number 1 Fan of Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Evil Dead, The Thing, and Red vs Blue!

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Which is why I enjoyed From a Certain Point of View, no singular perspective is entirely correct regardless of who says what.

When TFA dropped, from my point of view it was received, and heavily criticized, for being A New Hope from start to finish.

It still is. But I do agree the memes about it were glorious.

You can say George Lucas divided the fanbase between young and old, that he ruined muh Star Wars with his 2 trilogies (which were atleast cohesive together), but at least he didn't fracture it like glass.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:35 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

Post by Spirit Ghidorah 2010 »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:33 pmThis fandom's a godamn punchline now and im glad. Maybe we can go back to having good content again like when everyone thought Mandalorian would fail.
He/him/his

#Pro-Choice #ACAB #TransRights #BlackLivesMatter #vaccinate #EatTheRich #TheSatanicTemple