Movies you refuse to see for personal reasons

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.
GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Re: Movies you refuse to see for personal reasons

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

KManX89 wrote:Their first 4 films have more or less been duds, but they've started to turn things around with their last few solo films (Wonder Woman, Aquaman and Shazam!).

However, it looks like they're back to square one with Birds of Prey, which looks terrible.
Wonder Woman I actually found mediocre and Aquaman (Thor and Black Panther rolled up into one) I thought sucked being the CGI orgyfest it is and the fact the whole plot could had been avoided if they just moved inland which then Atlantis troops never would had hoped to find them or Aquaman simply taking Black Manta and his father to prison rather then leaving them to die

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOFEXtuwClE.

Just my unpopular opinion.

Shazam! is the only DCEU movie to date I really love.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:21 pm, edited 7 times in total.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Ok, Ultra was joking before but legit, is HISHE paying you?

RIP Evan.

GodzillavsZilla
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GodzillavsZilla »

Venom is a movie that I had no interest in seeing anyway; I thought it looked terrible when I watched the trailers, but the fans of the movie (especially the first month or so of its release) were and still are so obnoxious that I refuse to watch it.

Also the Disney remakes because I'm both unoriginal and I don't like the idea of them.
BrashAlaskan95 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:I hope you plan on mounting this thing. :lol:
On my wall. ;)
I'll call it "Bob: The One Who Was skreeonk From The Start". :lol:
skreeonk scary shit though if it is just scratches.
Zilla103192 wrote:She saw Godzilla fly... And just gave up. She called bullshit, broke up with me, and just left.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Ok, Ultra was joking before but legit, is HISHE paying you?
I never said I was kidding.

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

HISHE kind of sounds like He-She which makes me think of shemales which makes me think of Grevious which makes me think of Star Wars which makes me think of the Return of Skywalker which I know I will dislike but I'll probably see anyway out of morbid curiosity
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

Post by Destoroyah of Worlds »

KManX89 wrote:
GodzillaFan1990's wrote:With the exception of Shazam!

Any of the DCEU films especially Man of Murder (2013). If you actually think Brandon Breyer is Evil Superman then you haven't seen this film where Clark actually ended up getting more people killed in the process then Brandon did.
Their first 4 films have more or less been duds, but they've started to turn things around with their last few solo films (Wonder Woman, Aquaman and Shazam!).

However, it looks like they're back to square one with Birds of Prey, which looks terrible.
That's because they're taking their time. That's all people ever wanted for DC to do. Maybe in some alternate reality, Joker was never in Suicide Squad and Zack Synder made two Man of Steel sequels instead of BvS.
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

The path Snyder was on would've been ideal if it was seen through. We would've seen proper growth of these heroes, while also getting tragedy and repercussions spread throughout.

Would've been cool to see.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

_JNavs_ wrote:The path Snyder was on would've been ideal if it was seen through. We would've seen proper growth of these heroes, while also getting tragedy and repercussions spread throughout.

Would've been cool to see.
And we would've gotten a live-action Darkseid, which sadly might never happen now.

Even if it does, it'll be without Ben and possibly Cavill.

Yeah, there's still the Snyder Cut, but even IF it comes, it'll basically just be a "proof of concept" and won't actually be canon. We all know Josstice League is the canon film to the rest of the DCEU.
My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

I'd like to add in The Last Airbender. I got it for 53 cents last Thursday to see if it was REALLY that bad and I saw it the following Friday...

Hands down, the absolute worst movie I've ever seen. I've never seen a movie that got so much wrong. More so then JW:FK.

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

HBO Watchmen sounds more and more like shit the more I hear about it
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

HedorahIsBestGirl
Gotengo Officer

Post by HedorahIsBestGirl »

G2000 wrote:HBO Watchmen sounds more and more like shit the more I hear about it
No, it's actually fantastic. A perfect compliment to the graphic novel.
Last edited by HedorahIsBestGirl on Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The wisest words ever spoken on TK: "When I Saw The Showa Movie's white My Friend's They seid WTF is This Your showing Me to Men Fighting In suit's they found At party city Butt when I Showed Them The Heisei film's they thoght They where pritty fun To Watch"

:Godzilla68: and :Anguirus: were never really friends.

:Hedorah: is best girl, :Baragon: is best boy

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

HedorahIsBestGirl wrote:
G2000 wrote:HBO Watchmen sounds more and more like shit the more I hear about it
No, it's actually fantastic. A perfect compliment to the graphic novel.
Yeah, I don't know what he was hearing. :lol: Overwhelming consensus on the HBO Watchmen series is that it's great, which it is.
My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

The live action Disney remakes. And for political reasons that I'm sure you all know about, this is doubly true for the Mulan remake.

If they started remaking more obscure films that were flawed and had room to be improved (Atlantis, the Black Cauldron, etc.) I'd be on board. I actually liked the Jungle Book remake because, despite liking the original, I think it's one of Disney's weaker classics, plus the remake actually took the story in a new direction.

As many have said, I'm also done with the MCU. I think good stories deserve good endings, and Endgame is my ending.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Kaiju-King42 wrote:The live action Disney remakes. And for political reasons that I'm sure you all know about, this is doubly true for the Mulan remake.

As many have said, I'm also done with the MCU. I think good stories deserve good endings, and Endgame is my ending.
My man. 8-)

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
Kaiju-King42 wrote:As many have said, I'm also done with the MCU. I think good stories deserve good endings, and Endgame is my ending.
My man. 8-)
I'm like this too. At least until the X-Men, Fantastic 4, Doom, and the rest of the gang get introduced.

I still say that the MCU needs a 3-5 year hibernation until they do what happens above.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Rhedosaurus wrote:I still say that the MCU needs a 3-5 year hibernation until they do what happens above.
More like a decade if anything.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

realinvaderdesign
GPN Volunteer

Movies you refuse to see

Post by realinvaderdesign »

For me the one film that comes to mind is The Lost World from 1960, the reason being is the animal abuse in the film, forcing real reptiles to fight each other, I just hate stuff like that.

Interested to know what other movies people refuse to watch

Added in 8 hours 52 minutes 26 seconds:
Another one being remakes or reboots of 80s movies, if it aint broke dont fix it
Last edited by realinvaderdesign on Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

HedorahIsBestGirl
Gotengo Officer

Post by HedorahIsBestGirl »

I'm generally opposed to biopics because most of them are blatant Oscarbait and I find them incredibly boring. The exception is when a biopic isn't a straightforward biopic, or actually tells an interesting story. Two examples from 2019: A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood (prominently features Mr. Rogers but is more about the man interviewing him) and Ford vs. Ferrari (good, true story). But movies like Rocketman, First Man and Steve Jobs I have no interest in seeing, even if they got good reviews.
The wisest words ever spoken on TK: "When I Saw The Showa Movie's white My Friend's They seid WTF is This Your showing Me to Men Fighting In suit's they found At party city Butt when I Showed Them The Heisei film's they thoght They where pritty fun To Watch"

:Godzilla68: and :Anguirus: were never really friends.

:Hedorah: is best girl, :Baragon: is best boy

Jetty_Jags
G-Grasper

Post by Jetty_Jags »

Can't speak for the others, but I feel like First Man tells a really moving story less about Neil Armstrong's journey to the moon, more about the personal family struggles along the way. I have no idea how accurate of a film it is though. Walk the Line is also great and again, isn't just a rise to fame story, but deals with the personal struggles of the man behind the icon.
He Jock it Made of Steel

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

I will never watch the Bayformer movies. Ever.

Also i don't plan to see Frozen 2 because i hate the first one and the second sounds even worse.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!