Movies you refuse to see for personal reasons

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.
Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Re: Movies you refuse to see for personal reasons

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

tbeasley wrote:Don't think I'd refuse to watch any movie but after watching Cannibal Holocaust I don't think I need to see any more movies with animal cruelty as a 'highlight.'
Keep away from other Italian films of the era then. I wouldn't call those moments highlights but they definitely weren't shy about killing actual animals on film.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:
tbeasley wrote:Don't think I'd refuse to watch any movie but after watching Cannibal Holocaust I don't think I need to see any more movies with animal cruelty as a 'highlight.'
Keep away from other Italian films of the era then. I wouldn't call those moments highlights but they definitely weren't shy about killing actual animals on film.
While there were other Italian movies of the era that included cruelty to/killing of animals, it's not like it was something that happened in the majority of them. A person could spend a lot of time watching 70s and 80s Italian genre flicks and easily not happen upon anything of the kind.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

HedorahIsBestGirl
Gotengo Officer

Post by HedorahIsBestGirl »

On the subject of animal cruelty in movies, does anyone know if the rumors surrounding Toho's own Milo and Otis (a.k.a. Chatran) are true? I've seen conflicting stuff; some sources say that cats and dogs were harmed or even killed, others say this is just an urban legend.
Last edited by HedorahIsBestGirl on Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The wisest words ever spoken on TK: "When I Saw The Showa Movie's white My Friend's They seid WTF is This Your showing Me to Men Fighting In suit's they found At party city Butt when I Showed Them The Heisei film's they thoght They where pritty fun To Watch"

:Godzilla68: and :Anguirus: were never really friends.

:Hedorah: is best girl, :Baragon: is best boy

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

HedorahIsBestGirl wrote:On the subject of animal cruelty in movies, does anyone know if the rumors surrounding Toho's own Milo and Otis (a.k.a. Chatran) are true? I've seen conflicting stuff; some sources say that cats and dogs were harmed or even killed, others say this is just an urban legend.
There were numerous allegations from Australian branches of the RSPCA and other animal rights societies (much of it seems to have been based on rumors and the belief that certain scenes "could not have been accomplished without harm," but an investigation by the ASPCA and other organizations found no evidence and noted that several Japanese humane societies had attached their names to the film

That being said, last time I saw it was as a very little kid in Sunday school but watching some footage again I can understand why the accusations were made (the snake, bear, and cliff scenes deserve mention)

I honestly don't know unless someone with insider knowledge has spoken up as of late
Last edited by G2000 on Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:13 am, edited 3 times in total.
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Also speaking of animal cruelty in films, i have never watched Disney's White Wilderness. Even if the "throw lemmings to death" thing isn't true, i probably still won't watch it because nature documentaries bore me.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Does it count if you don't want to see the movie again after already seeing it?

We had to watch Titicut Follies and Night & Fog for documentary class this semester and I never want to see them again. They're not terrible movies, just extremely gruesome and difficult to watch.

The Octopus
G-Grasper

Post by The Octopus »

UltramanGoji wrote:We had to watch Titicut Follies and Night & Fog for documentary class this semester and I never want to see them again. They're not terrible movies, just extremely gruesome and difficult to watch.
I cant get that image of the one guy staring at the camera with a huge blank stare (Night & Fog).

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

The Libertine
Death Wish (2018)

Not because of the movies themselves, but because on the days I headed to the theater to see those films bad things happened.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

I like the Marvel Cinematic Universe, but all the hype surrounding the movies and hearing news and seeing a trailer for the next MCU film ever few months or so got me into a fatigue for the MCU. I did want to watch Spider-Man: Far From Home, though, but couldn't because I was spending too much money at the time and didn't want to spend more. I will be interested in any future Spider-Man and Doctor Strange films as well as The Eternals, but that's about. I'm not into watching every single new MCU film that gets released like everyone else.

Also, any of the Disney remakes. I see them as a waste of time. Although the Mulan remake does interest me because of how serious it looks.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

FFH made me realize that I just don't care for this incarnation of Spider-Man. I didn't mind the action but everything else was just so passé to me. I've only ever really liked high school Spidey twice, Spider-Verse and Spectacular and the former doesn't even feature the high school aspect that much.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

Rise of Skywalker, I've only liked 1 of the Disney Star Wars movies so far and it was a spinoff, so I'm not going to watch anymore.
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

Also Freddy Got Fingered. I haven't seen it in full, but I've seen enough to know it's garbage and I won't like it, and I never found Tom Green funny. Plus it's another exploitation/disgusting for the sake of disgusting movie.
My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

KManX89 wrote:Also Freddy Got Fingered. I haven't seen it in full, but I've seen enough to know it's garbage and I won't like it, and I never found Tom Green funny. Plus it's another exploitation/disgusting for the sake of disgusting movie.
Oh yeah. I'll back you up on this one. I hate that I'm reminded this movie exists.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Honestly i'm not watching the Disney Star Wars movies either. Maybe they're not the worse movies but i'm not gonna bother watching films with such bile behind the scenes.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

tyrantgoji wrote:Honestly i'm not watching the Disney Star Wars movies either. Maybe they're not the worse movies but i'm not gonna bother watching films with such bile behind the scenes.
Just because you don't always see how the sausage is made doesn't mean that the process isn't always pretty disgusting.
Last edited by eabaker on Mon May 18, 2020 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

tyrantgoji wrote:Honestly i'm not watching the Disney Star Wars movies either. Maybe they're not the worse movies but i'm not gonna bother watching films with such bile behind the scenes.
You won't watch them again or won't watch them, period?
Last edited by KManX89 on Sun May 24, 2020 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

KManX89 wrote:
You won't watch them again or won't watch them, period?
Not gonna watch them period.

kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

KManX89 wrote:Also Freddy Got Fingered. I haven't seen it in full, but I've seen enough to know it's garbage and I won't like it, and I never found Tom Green funny. Plus it's another exploitation/disgusting for the sake of disgusting movie.
I'm torn on the movie myself, it really doesn't pull it's punches and goes to dark places, so I can see why that would putt people off. At the same time, I like how it's a dark, gross out, piss-take of the sort of formulaic comedies that were getting made at the time.

I dare say, if the movie released today people might like it for taking the piss out of Adam Sandler.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Not to many movies are on this list for me. The only one that REALLY comes to mind is Ghostbusters 2016. Mainly because I legit can't stand the director and the whole attitude of the time of ANYONE being mad about this film was a sexist pig just 100% certified I will never willingly watch this movie. Granted, this movie did make a TON of inside jokes with me and a handful of others here... Angry King Kong is angry.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

Post by Destoroyah of Worlds »

Any movie with rape scenes in it like The HIlls Have Eyes and I Spit on Your Grave. I find it disgusting and triggering.

There are a handful of movies i just don't give a crap about because they look bad. Like the ghostbusters reboot and boss baby.
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!