Movies or TV shows you want to see happen?

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.
Gigantis
Sazer

Re: Movies or TV shows you want to see happen?

Post by Gigantis »

A cartoon show that revolves around a kid super obsessed with Sci-Fi adventure games, books and movies, and when they see this portal, they're all geared up for this big adventure.. and get put in a fantasy world instead.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

The more I've been looking into the Kushtaka aka "Land Otter Man", the more I feel how there's potential for a natural horror movie on it with The Predator approach.

Already we know otters despite their cute, cuddly appearance can be nasty little critters and also very intelligent. Factor in the Kushtaka probably being among the if not most malevolent creatures in Alaska folklore (Depending on other versions they're actually helpful).

I love the idea of a movie like that, a Kushtaka leaving a body count behind (Campers, Hikers, Forest Rangers, Hunters, Poachers, etc.) in the Alaskan forest and wilderness using intellect, cunning, and stealth along with a combination of its animalistic savagery.

Having the Kushtaka in my ideal film killing poachers especially would be satisfying to see. The best thing about it. They wouldn't know what hit them! :huge:
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

A comedy about the 10 cent beer night brawl.

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

A complete reboot of The X Files, new cast and creative talents.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

I want a new Mothman movie. At least a well put together documentary about the sightings and stuff, unlike the last Mothman movie..

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Anguirus wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:44 am A complete reboot of The X Files, new cast and creative talents.
Why not just a completely new TV series dealing with similar situations and themes?
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Gigantis wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:48 am I want a new Mothman movie. At least a well put together documentary about the sightings and stuff, unlike the last Mothman movie..
I was discussing with a friend of mine how we could really use a new series of Horror films in a similar vein to the classics, except with the new school horror/cryptids. No real interconnectivity except for what we usually see on a real life normal basis, maybe like a "Wasn't there a Loch Ness sighting a couple years ago?" line thrown into a Mothman film depicting him following/chasing a group of people through California right as the wildfires kicked up. A Lochness film set during some kind of Loch Ness flood where researchers have to go see what's going on.. Or like an Indrid Cold film depicting that terrifying night for those 3 separate events that happened.

Same line of films, same universe, different genres and events with very little holding them together beyond what we usually hear on a day to day basis. Less like Sci-fi originals, more like a Cloverfield anthology.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Post by Chrispy_G »

Gamera reboot - Animated or Live Action - With Genndy Tartakovsky in charge

Daimajin reboot - Live action - With Zack Snyder at the helm using a 300-esque all blue screen aesthetic

A Christopher Nolan space-exploration film that is in the style of something like Star Trek - Nolan really removing himself from the modern world and going into a completely outer space exploration setting while still staying in his sort of grounded realm of execution.

A stop motion film from the likes of Laika that is almost a space fantasy like Star Wars - I just LOVE the idea of a space adventure being done with stop motion animation
"I'm saying a prayer, George. A prayer for the whole world."

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

If Netflix's Castlevania taught us anything, I'd say that the best way to adapt popular video games are in the form of animated series.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Here's my pitch for a potential Alien Vs Predator film:

It takes place in between the events of the original Alien and Aliens and deals with a "search and rescue" team sent to the Zeta-Reticuli system by the Weyland Yutani to search for the missing Ellen Ripley. Little do they know is that it's actually a set-up by the company, which seeks a second attempt to obtain a specimen of the creature encountered by the crew of the Nostromo to weaponize.

Also unknown to the WY team is that a party of Yautja (Predators) is preparing to land on LV-426 in order to hunt any xenomorphs that may spawn in the system. At the end of the film, the W-Y leadership finds out that their scheme failed once again and the resort to "Plan C": to terraform and colonize LV-426 in order to get the unsuspecting colonists impregnated by the creatures there.

As for a TV show I'd like to see:
I think would be cool to see will be a live-action, gritty Robin Hood series that gives the mythos the Game of Thrones treatment. After two failed attempts to make it big with the iconic medieval outlaw to the big screen in the last decade, I think the best way to handle the character will be on the format of television.
If such a series gets made, they should try to make historical accuracy a major priority, i.e. with the ruling class of England speaking predominantly French, as the case with the 300+ years following the Norman Conquest of the country in 1066. It could also deal with the hardships of medieval life, the differences in values and customs than today. People would be dying of dysentery left and right, but also living full and wonderful lives connected to family and the seasons.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

LegendZilla wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:50 pm Here's my pitch for a potential Alien Vs Predator film:

It takes place in between the events of the original Alien and Aliens and deals with a "search and rescue" team sent to the Zeta-Reticuli system by the Weyland Yutani to search for the missing Ellen Ripley. Little do they know is that it's actually a set-up by the company, which seeks a second attempt to obtain a specimen of the creature encountered by the crew of the Nostromo to weaponize.

Also unknown to the WY team is that a party of Yautja (Predators) is preparing to land on LV-426 in order to hunt any xenomorphs that may spawn in the system. At the end of the film, the W-Y leadership finds out that their scheme failed once again and the resort to "Plan C": to terraform and colonize LV-426 in order to get the unsuspecting colonists impregnated by the creatures there.
Something I'd like to see fleshed out - Weyland Yutani want the Xenomorphs as biological weapons, so who are they wanting to sell these "weapons" to or use them on? The hell is the political and military landscape like that this seems like a good idea? Corporate warfare became all too real?
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

A horror movie (maybe even found footage like Cloverfield) based off the Ningen, a Japanese cryptid. https://cryptidz.fandom.com/wiki/Ningen

..What? This thing could be freaking scary if done properly!
Last edited by Gigantis on Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

Gigantis wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:20 pm A horror movie (maybe even found footage like Cloverfield) based off the Ningen, a Japanese cryptid. https://cryptidz.fandom.com/wiki/Ningen

..What? This thing could be freaking scary if done properly!
Japan has a lot of cool urban legends that's make good horror movies. One I'd think would be pretty freaky is Hasshakusama.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

This was originally a Lost Tapes episode idea but would also love and wouldn't mind being made into a movie.

A killer creature flick on Emela-Ntouka.

The plot would be about a group of workers on a railyard that finds a massive crate that appears to have been broken open from inside, unsure what to make of it, they dismiss it and proceed on with their day only to eventually find themselves attacked by a creature of prehistoric origin from a hidden African valley that was meant to be moved to a secure location.

Unlike many creature flicks, the creature in this case the Emela-Ntouka wouldn't be killing out of hunger or malice but out of desperation and defending itself and its territorial nature.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

Gigantis wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:18 am A cartoon show that revolves around a kid super obsessed with Sci-Fi adventure games, books and movies, and when they see this portal, they're all geared up for this big adventure.. and get put in a fantasy world instead.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

o.supreme wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:18 am
Gigantis wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:18 am A cartoon show that revolves around a kid super obsessed with Sci-Fi adventure games, books and movies, and when they see this portal, they're all geared up for this big adventure.. and get put in a fantasy world instead.
..Y'know is it weird i kinda want a modern D&D cartoon now?

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

- the animated dinosaur movie WWD3D and Disney's Dinosaur WANTED to be before execs fucked them up. No, Dinotasia doesn't count.

- A slasher entry that stops fucking around with terrible teenagers and makes the slasher the hero. Like Jason Voorhees just going ham on a bunch of corrupt asshats or something.

- An subverted animated Christmas horror, with classic Rankin Bass styled stop motion/animated in that design characters dealing with VERY unChristmas-y things, with the contrast played for horror(Personally, my biggest hope would be to see a film adaption of the musical Black Friday done this way)

- MV Mothra trilogy.

- Animorphs series that doesn't shy away from the source material

- a animated series about a washed up has been who used to be part of a Power Rangers team before a tragedy ended the invasion suddenly taking up the mantle again to face the returning aliens, as well as building a team from members old and new and beginning to grow past his trauma and become a hero again. Similar to how Power Rangers combined footage shot in America with Sentai footage, it would have traditional western animation for the human bits and outsourced Japanese animation for the fight/Ranger scenes.

RIP Evan.

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

Gigantis wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:20 am ..Y'know is it weird i kinda want a modern D&D cartoon now?
Yeah it's one of those odd instances. You would think the IP would be a slam dunk, but never seems to get off the ground. I loved the 80's show as a kid, but something all new would be pretty cool as well (and this coming form someone who has never played the RPG)
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Another killer creature flick idea yet again based on another Lost Tapes episode idea of mine.

This one being on the Nandi Bear.

The plot would be about the investigations regarding mysterious break-ins and deaths of victims at an African lodge who have had nothing but their brains eaten with the characters with this being tied to a mythical creature believed and feared by the local tribe people of the area that they warn about.

Also a creature flick on the qallupilluit from Inuit mythology, basically their version of the bogeyman that would also be a crime-mystery thriller with the plot about a startling of children disappearances at Inuit communities as local police try to investigate this dismissing what the local Inuits are claiming what they're really up against that's taking their children.

Added in 29 minutes :
Australia is also long overdue for its own giant monster/kaiju movie.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

A Benjamin Sisko Star Trek TV series that follows up on DS9. All the characters & factions from that show come back.