What are your dream movies?

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.
Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Re: What are your dream movies?

Post by Terasawa »

I’ve had in my mind for several years a comedy about the making of kaiju movies in Japan during the ‘60s. Not a documentary but a tribute. The lead would be an old Nakajima-esque stuntman being phased out in favor of a younger monster “star.” The payoff involves the two starting a brawl while in their monster costumes and ultimately wrecking the model set. There are so many sight gags and nods to the classics that you could work into that sequence. I’m not a writer though so I never really took the time to figure out much more of it, I just have that vision in my mind.

I realize I’m never gonna do anything with this idea so I invite any interested young Japanese director to give my nonexistent agent a call.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

I'd love to see Tim Burton do a film like that.

Added in 13 minutes 24 seconds:
A book accurate remake of The Relic. Could open up an entire cinematic universe if popular enough. Most of Preston and Child's other novels take place in the same continuity after all. Plus they're all over the place when it comes to genre which would give a wide variety for audiences.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Godzilla2000Zero
Gotengo Officer

Post by Godzilla2000Zero »

Mr. Xeno wrote:A good American Godzilla movie would be nice.
For all our sakes I hope 2019 delivers
A Walking with Dinosaurs reboot
A Jurassic Park movie that's shot like a nature documentary especially on the collapsing ecosystems of both islands
Kong King of Skull Island adaption
Dragonriders of Pern
Greek Myth Shared Universe
A new Yongary movie shot in style like the Host
Ironically a Reptilian sequel with better effects since DWar's cgi was definitely an improvement.
A new Battle Royale film
Gorgo sequel dealing with an adult Gorgo
I never worked this hard all my life since the time I lost my virginity.-Gareth Edwards SDCC 2012

Leviarex
JXSDF Technician

Post by Leviarex »

Adaptations of the 'Pellucidar' series with the same epic quality as 'Star Wars' and 'Lord Of The Rings'.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Terasawa wrote:I’ve had in my mind for several years a comedy about the making of kaiju movies in Japan during the ‘60s. Not a documentary but a tribute. The lead would be an old Nakajima-esque stuntman being phased out in favor of a younger monster “star.” The payoff involves the two starting a brawl while in their monster costumes and ultimately wrecking the model set. There are so many sight gags and nods to the classics that you could work into that sequence. I’m not a writer though so I never really took the time to figure out much more of it, I just have that vision in my mind.

I realize I’m never gonna do anything with this idea so I invite any interested young Japanese director to give my nonexistent agent a call.
There’s so many nostalgic comedic gags and easy drama to put into it.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Grievous »

A Live-Action Dino-Riders film...directed by Guillermo Del Toro.

:D
The A.D.F Needs You! Join The Anguirus Defense Force via Private Message Today!

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Another dream movie of mine being a sucker for killer creature flicks. I'd love to see some more killer bear movies granted we do have some pretty good ones like Grizzly (Obvious Jaws rip-off but a good one IMO), The Edge and Into the Grizzly Maze.

One in particular I'd like to see is one on the short-faced bear (Arctodus simus). Doesn't even need to be an in-depth premise. It could just be a group of hunters hunting in Northern Canada only to find themselves being hunted by a prehistoric bear thought to had died out during the Ice Age.

Few others I'd like to also see are

-Arica Monster
-Batsquatch
-Burrunjor
-Bunyip
-Dingonek
-Dobhar-chu
-Ennedi Tiger
-Elephant (There's stories where elephants attacks people out of revenge remembering people that hurt them years back. Could be say poachers kills its offspring and so starts going on a revenge killing spree)
-Hippopotamus (Given their reputation. How in the skreeonk has this not happened yet!?)
-Kasai Rex
-Lake Monster movies (Champ, Nessie, Ogopogo, etc.)
-Lizard Man of Scape Ore Swamp
-Megalania
-Nandi Bear
-Partridge Creek Monster
-Polar Bear (Should be Andrew Traucki's next film)
-Ropen
-Spotted Hyena
-White River Monster

The list goes on.

But obviously that won't happen because god forbid directors would rather keep doing more shark movies and that's what audiences would rather see. As if we don't have enough of those!
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

-Godzilla vs. Gamera

-Live-action Evangelion movie.

-A proper Justice League movie with Darkseid as the villain. It's too bad we'll probably never see a live-action version of Darkseid because of WB/Snyder's f-ups.

-A live-action Under the Red Hood adaptation (which they might incorporate in one of the DCEU Batman trilogy installments).

-A Spider-Man/Deadpool MCU cross-over (this one actually has a realistic chance of happening). They can go the PG-13 route with this and bleep out the "F" bombs (and possibly censor the violence from DP as well for good measure) with Deadpool cracking jokes about the censors at Disney. That actually has the potential to be really funny if done right.

-And finally, a novel-accurate, uncut World War Z movie, no studio meddling, though this would probably work best as a mini-series.
My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

i just watched Valley of Gwangi and One Million Years B.C back to back and i just really want them to be rebooted somehow. it's certainly possible with the new dino uprising thanks to Jurassic World.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

An Adaptation of Mark Schultz's Xenozoic Tales done a little more adult than the animated Cadillacs And Dinosaurs
The original Mobile Suit Gundam done in a trilogy, with the tone of Saving Private Ryan. I know were getting a movie, I just doubt it will be 0079.
Anne McCaffrey's Dragonriders Of Pern
A serious feature film adaptation of Sid and Marty Croft's Land Of The Lost
A Gunbuster: Aim For The Top! trilogy
An adaptation of James Gurney's Dinotopia
A live action Cowboy Bebop film series
Last edited by ApexOversteer on Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:19 am, edited 3 times in total.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
Among my ideas would be how Bigfoot and other hominid cryptids came to be.

They all descended from a member in the Australopithecine family that left Africa long before we did and spread across the world (New World with Bigfoot, Fouke Monster and Skunk Ape), Himalayas (Yeti), Yeren (China), Yowie (Australia) evolving to become big and strong then soon enough we evolved what were Homo Sapiens Sapiens and left Africa spreading across the world. Because we were better adaptive we began to outcompete them but unlike other megafauna they were all intelligent enough to come to realize they didn't have a shot in competing with us and with their numbers dwindled began moving into areas where we wouldn't find them to avoid us such as Bigfoots moving into the Pacific Northwest, Canada and Alaska, Yetis moving into the high Himalayas, Fouke monsters staying in the acres of swampland in Louisiana, etc. Those sighted in the U.S. and such were individuals that liked to travel such as the case with the Patterson film.

Eventually in this so called cinematic universe their existence would be revealed to society and due to being equally as intelligent as us though not capable of speaking are integrated into society and many folks demanding equal rights for them. Those that didn't want to were given their own communities and reserves.

I got this idea from Harry Turtledove's State of Jefferson Stories where Sasquatches and other hominid cryptids lives alongside us granted rather then being less evolved looking primates are essentially human beings.
:shock: That premise alone will be PERFECT for a long-running TV series. I am not talking about a shared universe fro cryptids in general, but that alone will be excellent on its own.

Anonziller
Samurai

Post by Anonziller »

Dark comedy about Elliot Rodger with lots of narration and lines from his "manifesto"
Serious Docudrama movie or series about the life of Chris Chan with Christian Bale as Bob Chandler and recreations of iconic Videos like in the Disaster Artist
Faithful R rated adaptation of Michael Crichtons Jurassic Park and maybe the Lost World
Live action Dead Space movie
Predator movie that takes place during the Vietnam war
Last edited by Anonziller on Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Ooh a Nam Predator movie would be pretty sweet.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:Ooh a Nam Predator movie would be pretty sweet.
Especially if it ends with Fishburn's Noland being captured and taken offworld...

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Speaking of killer animal flicks. One particular cryptid I'd like to see tackled is the Partridge Creek Monster.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Partridge_Creek_monster

An supposed surviving ceratosaur in the Yukon. Just have it set back in the 1900s when the sightings took place. It'd be nice to have a historic killer creature flick with the supposed witnesses Tom Leemore and James Lewis Buttler.

Leviarex
JXSDF Technician

Post by Leviarex »

A Marvel film that focuses on/takes place in The Savage Land. And for the reasons explained in this YouTube video, there's no reason to think it won't eventually happen:

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Make it a Kazar/Devil Dinosaur movie. Maybe introduce characters like Stegron, Sauron, etc. Hell a Black Panther movie partially set in the Savage Land would be cool. I know Savage Land is home to a unique and highly volatile strain of Vibranium.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

That sequel to Deep Rising which never came to be. Such a shame that movie bombed because that's a favorite killer creature flick of mine. I would had loved an R rated Journey to the Center of the Earth type movie.

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

-A Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo movie.
-A film adaptation of the game Prototype.
-A Carnosaur film that's a horror/comedy directed by Guillermo del Toro.
-A Jurassic Park movie that takes place in an alternate universe where the dinosaurs are based on their 1950's designs.
-An animated Hobbit movie that's more faithful to the book.
-An animated dinosaur movie with no dialogue.
-A prequel to Kong: Skull Island that focuses on Kong's life on Skull Island.
-A The Thing movie directed by Guillermo del Toro.
-A RWBY movie.
-A Team Fortress 2 movie directed by Valve.
-A faithful reboot of The Valley of Gwangi.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Not sure if I already mentioned it but a Beast from 20,000 Fathoms remake set in the MonsterVerse directed by Matt Reeves.

Also Valley of Gwangi remake set in Mexico in 1948 during the Nuclear Age focusing on a young Randa.

A faithful adaptation of Dinosaurs Attacks, with violence, gore and black humor just like the trading cards as Mars Attack! had shown too.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.