Offical Dragon Ball Thread

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.
Gigantis
Sazer

Re: Offical Dragon Ball Thread

Post by Gigantis »

I honestly kinda lost touch with the whole Vic allegations after March...but this is just makes me DESPISE the funi cast even more. And then they have the audacity to throw Vic under the bus and shun TFS for making similar jokes... :roll:

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

johnboy3434
Monsterland Worker

Post by johnboy3434 »

Orichalcum wrote:Why are you so sure Vic’s a sexual predator?
When there are multiple independent allegations of sexual misconduct, the probability of guilt is astronomically high, because it means that even if one accusation is discredited it does nothing to harm the credibility of the other accusations. And the fact that there are accounts of incidents going back so far, before it all blew up, only stacks the odds higher against him. In order for him to be not guilty, you would essentially have to accept that there has been an ongoing secret conspiracy for the past ten years or more to defame his reputation (including the participation of the very people who continued to employ him during that time, according to his lawyer's closing argument) that has only now managed to grow legs. Occam's razor should tip one's judgment towards guilt.
tyrantgoji wrote:I honestly kinda lost touch with the whole Vic allegations after March...but this is just makes me DESPISE the funi cast even more. And then they have the audacity to throw Vic under the bus and shun TFS for making similar jokes... :roll:
Vic is being thrown under the bus for his actions, not his words. If it was simply a case of him making tasteless jokes, you'd be absolutely right. But as soon as there's unwanted physical contact, the ante is upped.
Last edited by johnboy3434 on Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

tyrantgoji wrote:I honestly kinda lost touch with the whole Vic allegations after March...but this is just makes me DESPISE the funi cast even more. And then they have the audacity to throw Vic under the bus and shun TFS for making similar jokes... :roll:
They shun TFS because Toei told them too. Sabit loves TfS and has done voice overs.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

I really feel that they turned Goku into the (modern Family Guy) Peter Griffin of anime for as long as Super has been around. It's really bad taste on Toriyama's behalf.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

LegendZilla wrote:I really feel that they turned Goku into the (modern Family Guy) Peter Griffin of anime for as long as Super has been around. It's really bad taste on Toriyama's behalf.
Toriyama told them to make Goku like that. He didn't like super hero Goku from the DBZ and GT days.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

miguelnuva wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:I really feel that they turned Goku into the (modern Family Guy) Peter Griffin of anime for as long as Super has been around. It's really bad taste on Toriyama's behalf.
Toriyama told them to make Goku like that. He didn't like super hero Goku from the DBZ and GT days.
I am aware of that. I understand not being keen on Goku or any hero for that matter being a perfect goody-two-shoes, but the handling of Goku in the modern era is just going overboard and making him downright unlikable. Giving him a character arc in which he learns to be less selfish would really help. Jut look at how Vegeta is now.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

LegendZilla wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:
I am aware of that. They really went overboard with it.
I agree........... Goku doesn't really care much about saving everybody except his friends it's just coincedence he does because he just wants to fight strong opponents.

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

Anyone here playing Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot? I've been playing since it released. It's not so bad, but it's not totally perfect. 7 out of 10 I'd say.
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Post by Chrispy_G »

Hindsight is 20/20....but I kind of wish that when Toei concocted that whole "Kai" experiment....that just a bit more thought and planning had gone into it.

IN HINDSIGHT, it would have been really cool to just start from the beginning with Dragon Ball. Yes, it was never as popular as Z....but you get the opportunity to give that entire series the "HD Remaster" treatment, and to also edit out the filler(where applicable) and streamline that entire 153 episode run down to something more quickly consumed.

You would also have the opportunity to maybe tone down some of the more edgier/dated and racy/explicit sexual content/humor of the series to match modern censorship rules a bit more. It would also be a great chance to TRULY restart Dragon Ball from the VERY beginning for an entirely new generation of viewers.

Then you would have been able to cut your teeth on the process with Dragon Ball, and by the time you got to the Z content, it would have been a pretty well-oiled machine.

You probably could have gotten the 153 eps of DB down to 100 eps.

This next one is a BOLD suggestion....but when they moved onto Super, instead of continuing from the end of Z/in the 10 year gap at the end of Z and sort of replacing/erasing GT....they could have gone for something a bit more 'clean slate'

Imagine if they rebooted it back to Post-Cell? A lot of things went off the rails in the Buu era, and they could have kind of nixed all of that.

Then the re-vamp of Dragon Ball Z also gets to be a clean 100 episodes taking us through the Cell arc.

You get to bring Goku back, still have Goten and Trunks and that dynamic....but can be sort of freed of some of the shackles and developments of the Buu era....AND be free to re-introduce those elements all over again and more effectively(Like Fusion)

You would be free to sort of re-contextualize "Super Saiyan 2" as a full-mastery and unlocking of Super Saiyan. You aren't juggling so many levels. Then the various "ascended" attempts and "2" kind of all get wrapped up into a larger "Super Saiyan" umbrella, and you aren't dealing with so many different tiers, with SS3 being gone completely. SS2 and SS3 have pretty much been all but forgotten about and nullified anyway, although base Super Saiyan is still very much a thing.

You have Super Saiyan, and then going beyond into Super Saiyan God or Super Saiyan Blue could be the next thing. The fact that they jumped so quickly beyond Super Saiyan God into a 'Blue' form is kind of puzzling. Those 2 together should basically be one form.

Super could have then also gone for 100 episodes flat instead of the lengthier 131.

So at the end of the day....you might have had a very nice and clean, modified and adjusted 3 "eras" of DB, DBZ, and DBS, all running 100 episodes apiece.

But I'm just rambling.
"I'm saying a prayer, George. A prayer for the whole world."

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

So with Broly being a huge hit for the series, what movie villain you guys want brought back next?

Totally want Janemba.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Post by Chrispy_G »

Janemba is one that would be ripe for re-imagining because his origin/back-story is simple and not super important....so they could 'play' with the character a bit. Visually he looks good and people would like to see him again.

I've always liked Cooler...even though he is just a Frieza knock-off I always liked him....but considering they've brought Frieza back over and over again, bringing Cooler in would just feel like even more unoriginal. Also when you consider that they've brought in Frost as well.
"I'm saying a prayer, George. A prayer for the whole world."

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Chrispy_G wrote:Janemba is one that would be ripe for re-imagining because his origin/back-story is simple and not super important....so they could 'play' with the character a bit. Visually he looks good and people would like to see him again.

I've always liked Cooler...even though he is just a Frieza knock-off I always liked him....but considering they've brought Frieza back over and over again, bringing Cooler in would just feel like even more unoriginal. Also when you consider that they've brought in Frost as well.
Cooler is coming back. They hinted a Frieza having more family and the Broly movie makes two jabs a Frieza fighting alone and then later when he learns of fusion.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Gigantis wrote:So with Broly being a huge hit for the series, what movie villain you guys want brought back next?

Totally want Janemba.
Broly's always been extremely popular, so it's no surprise when you give him a revamped yet familiar origin story and personality, it only broadens his appeal. Still, I've always liked Cooler. He's literally a recolored Frieza in his movie, so I'd love to see what Toriyama could do to differentiate the two.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

GigaBowserG wrote:
Gigantis wrote:So with Broly being a huge hit for the series, what movie villain you guys want brought back next?

Totally want Janemba.
Broly's always been extremely popular, so it's no surprise when you give him a revamped yet familiar origin story and personality, it only broadens his appeal. Still, I've always liked Cooler. He's literally a recolored Frieza in his movie, so I'd love to see what Toriyama could do to differentiate the two.
Cooler acts much differently from Frieza. They both are conquerors but Cooler goes about it differently.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

I think if they use Janemba in the next movie it should take the basic premise of the previous film. Tie him in to the Demon Realm somehow, expand on his powers, and make him a reality warper on a multiverse scale. Gives them an excuse to bring back Hit, Jiren, and the like.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Moro arc has ended and the next arc is likely to be revealed this week at Jump Fest.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 7:52 pm Moro arc has ended and the next arc is likely to be revealed this week at Jump Fest.
How'd you like it overall?
I thought the ending overall was pretty cool, though I felt a lot of the arc retreaded familiar territory.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Yeah that seems to be the common consensus. The whole planet Moro idea was pretty neat. Glad its seems they might finally start gearing to surpass the end of Z with its growing focus on Uub. Its desperately needed. All this being before Z has hampered the storytelling immensely.
Last edited by Tyrant_Lizard_King on Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Next arc has been revealed and is apparently a direct continuation of the Moro Arc.

https://youtu.be/DhOxBgl9ajo

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

The Moro Arc fell flat for me. Tournament of Power is still the best. Here's to hoping the new Arc is better.