The Star Trek Thread (All TV & Movies)

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.
Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Re: The Star Trek Thread (Including Discovery)

Post by Rhedosaurus »

Here's an interesting video about Data appearing in the Picard series.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Oh my gosh, you guys- this is literally my wildest dream come true!

https://movieweb.com/star-trek-the-moti ... im_wrapper
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:Image
According Ryan and her ex though, the details of the couple's divorce was sealed from the public, and press at the request of both parties. So that their children wouldn't have to hear the seamier details of their parents' divorce. However, the judge in the case, who also happened to be a bit of a wheel in the Chicago Democratic Political Machine, and a supporter of the future president to boot. Had the records on the Ryan divorce unsealed, and released just in time for the Senate race.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

Zarm wrote:Oh my gosh, you guys- this is literally my wildest dream come true!

https://movieweb.com/star-trek-the-moti ... im_wrapper
I'd guess that's the theatrical cut and not the "special longer version" that I grew up with, and which I think is the definitive version of the film. Still pretty neat, considering there aren't too many fans of this one.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Yes, theatrical; that's the only one they've ever really mastered in HD.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

Zarm wrote:Yes, theatrical; that's the only one they've ever really mastered in HD.
That's what I figured. :/
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

Was that the movie with the whales and nuclear wessles? :lol:
Last edited by Stump Feet on Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
*Looks at GKOTM’s box office numbers*
Long Live The Sting

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Stump Feet wrote:Was that the movie with the whales and nuclear wessles? :lol:
That was IV: The Voyage Home.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

Maritonic wrote:
Stump Feet wrote:Was that the movie with the whales and nuclear wessles? :lol:
That was IV: The Voyage Home.
:lol: Ooooooh yeah. Thanks for correct me.

I need to rewatch that one, don’t think I’ve seen it since the late late 80’s or early 90’s lol
*Looks at GKOTM’s box office numbers*
Long Live The Sting

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

While the idea of 'becoming Marvel' is both a bit hyperbolic, and not really a good fit for the franchise in my opinion, nonetheless it's big news- Star Trek TV rights and movie rights are finally reconsolidated back under the same company, as they always should be!

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en-US& ... er-suggest

I wonder if this will be the final nail in the coffin for the Kelvin timeline, and if we might start getting TV tie-in movies again. Or if the movies will simply be on hold for a while as they focus on the television properties.

Or, they could surprise us and infuse more cash into the next film, getting the fourth Kelvin movie back on track.
Last edited by Zarm on Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Maranatha!

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

Post by Destoroyah of Worlds »

Zarm wrote:While the idea of 'becoming Marvel' is both a bit hyperbolic, and not really a good fit for the franchise in my opinion, nonetheless it's big news- Star Trek TV rights and movie rights are finally reconsolidated back under the same company, as they always should be!

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en-US& ... er-suggest

I wonder if this will be the final nail in the coffin for the Kelvin timeline, and if we might start getting TV tie-in movies again. Or if the movies will simply be on hold for a while as they focus on the television properties.

Or, they could surprise us and infuse more cash into the next film, getting the fourth Kelvin movie back on track.
I wonder if Tarantino's film will get made now...

Anyway. I'm just now finishing up Deep Space Nine. I left off at episode 17 of Season 7 last fall. Finally got some time to finish the series. Only 3 episodes left.
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Ah- things must be really moving now!

Maranatha!

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

All done with Deep Space Nine now. My second series after TNG. I don't know whether to watch TOS next or push on into Voyager.
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

Destoroyah of Worlds wrote:All done with Deep Space Nine now. My second series after TNG. I don't know whether to watch TOS next or push on into Voyager.
Well? Thoughts on DS9?
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Destoroyah of Worlds wrote:All done with Deep Space Nine now. My second series after TNG. I don't know whether to watch TOS next or push on into Voyager.
VOY continues a few of the DS9 elements, and picks up with a few of the TNG characters, so it might be a good connection to bridge to directly afterwards. (Though TOS is certainly always worth a watch!)

Maranatha!

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

Godzilla21 wrote:Well? Thoughts on DS9?
The best so far. I like how it addresses numerous topics like genocide, sexism, religious corruption. Although, I'm not the biggest fan of the last season. Odo and Kira's romance is awkward, as is Basir and Ezri's (she just got out of romance with Worf - she needed break). Also less Nog. :(

What did you think of Deep Space NIne?

Zarm wrote:VOY continues a few of the DS9 elements, and picks up with a few of the TNG characters, so it might be a good connection to bridge to directly afterwards. (Though TOS is certainly always worth a watch!)
Hmm. It might be a good idea to push forward then! :o

Might be a good idea to switch shows every other episode so i don't get fatigued again lol.

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

Destoroyah of Worlds wrote:
Godzilla21 wrote:Well? Thoughts on DS9?
The best so far. I like how it addresses numerous topics like genocide, sexism, religious corruption. Although, I'm not the biggest fan of the last season. Odo and Kira's romance is awkward, as is Basir and Ezri's (she just got out of romance with Worf - she needed break). Also less Nog. :(

What did you think of Deep Space NIne?
DS9 is my favorite series.
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

Here's how the CBS/Viacom remerger is going to affect Star Trek. Most of it's good.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I finished the Kelvinverse movies yesterday, meaning I’ve watched literally every single incarnation and iteration of Star Trek, from TOS, to TAS, to Voyager, all the movies etc...
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Nice! I felt like on re-watching the Kelvin Trilogy last December, but they're actually all pretty good movies. Even Into Darkness. They make for solid and enjoyable trilogy. Not necessarily one that captures what I want Star Trek to be about... but nonetheless a very entertaining set of films.

How about for you?

Maranatha!