DC Cinematic Universe

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.

What is your favorite DC film thus far?

Man of Steel
2%
Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice
15%
Suicide Squad
2%
Wonder Woman
10%
Justice League
No votes
Aquaman
2%
Shazam!
5%
Birds of Prey
2%
Wonder Woman 1984
No votes
Zack Snyder's Justice League
12%
The Suicide Squad
49%

Total votes: 41

Gigantis
Sazer

Re: DC Cinematic Universe

Post by Gigantis »

Honestly that's pretty tame compared to everything else they've done so far.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Houndoom
GPN Volunteer

Post by Houndoom »

miguelnuva wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:49 pm

I think Miller is trying to get the film canceled at this point.
At this point I’d rather then just scrap the whole universe and focus on just their animated shows/ movies and their games.

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

Houndoom wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:28 pm
miguelnuva wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:49 pm

At this point I’d rather then just scrap the whole universe and focus on just their animated shows/ movies and their games.
Would be a bold move, but the live action movies is where the money is made. If they can pull themselves together and actually make good movies, that is.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

miguelnuva wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:49 pm https://www.google.com/amp/s/variety.co ... 36304/amp/

The dude litterally needs their ass kicked at this point.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

I’ve already said this on the SHH forums, and I’ll say it again here—

Even with all the Ezra Miller controversy and the confusing status of the DCEU, I still want to see The Flash and I hope it gets released in some way.

I’m a big proponent of the idea that people can, and at some times should separate the art from the artist, and the situation with Miller is no different. I’m actually a fan of Miller’s version of The Flash, it’s the one that actually made me somewhat of a fan of the character, so I’m up for seeing them portray the Scarlet Speedster at least one more time. It’s also cool to finally get a Flash film, being based on Flashpoint to boot.

But my general liking of The Flash is nowhere near my fervent love of Batman. And, hoo boy, the prospect of seeing Micheal Keaton’s version of Bruce Wayne in a new film at least one more time makes me as hyped, if not more than the Tobey/Andrew Spidey thing from NWH. Supergirl is a nice plus too, but Keaton Batman? That’s all you need to get my money for tickets and my ass in the theater. :lol:
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Dyrakro
Interpol Agent

Post by Dyrakro »

It's so annoying with Ezra Miller. I just hope his behavious won't lead to an actual cancelatin of the movie one day. Hope he'll get replaced in-movie by a different actor at one point so WB can just work with a new actor and not him.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

https://www.google.com/amp/s/variety.co ... 41888/amp/

Glad Miller is getting help but I feel like this is being done so WB can release The Flash.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

miguelnuva wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:00 pm The Batman 2 is on ice currently.

https://www.ign.com/articles/the-batman ... years-away
Eh, that might be for the best. Trying to make it while the studio is in the middle of a chaotic change of management is probably a bad idea. I do hope the sequel gets to see the light of day at some point, though.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Dyrakro
Interpol Agent

Post by Dyrakro »

miguelnuva wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:17 pm https://www.google.com/amp/s/variety.co ... 41888/amp/

Glad Miller is getting help but I feel like this is being done so WB can release The Flash.
Even if so, I'm just glad it's the first step so WB doesn't have to delay it again because of him.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

https://www.google.com/amp/s/variety.co ... 47652/amp/

Starting to worry about the future of DC going forward.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

miguelnuva wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 6:42 pm https://www.google.com/amp/s/variety.co ... 47652/amp/

Starting to worry about the future of DC going forward.
Me too. That could’ve been an easy slam dunk for DC (if done right). I wish they wouldn’t kill off the projects with potential but oh well.
Last edited by CyberZilla on Mon Aug 22, 2022 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Fear not. Hulu, AppleTV, and Netflix have all shown major interest it acquiring the project.

https://view.email.hollywoodreporter.co ... be66f3790b
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Godzillaninja2019
GPN Volunteer

Post by Godzillaninja2019 »

Whatever is happening at WB is sad and nightmare for people who are working on projects or have ideals for projects in the future. Because I was curious about the new animated batman show. Idk if anyone could answer this but how come when Disney bought fox and when they merge together there where there was hardly any drama with any projects that both studios where working on, unlike what's going on with discovery, and WB. Where WB cancels movies, and shows even if they were mostly done
Last edited by Godzillaninja2019 on Tue Aug 30, 2022 3:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Disney is in bids to get the new Batman show so Batman is about to be Mcu adjacent if they win.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Black Adam's second trailer has arrived!
Spoiler:
It also shows who the main villain is..

Spoiler:
For anyone wondering, that's not Trigon, it's Sabbac: a little known Shazam villain. Think of Billy, except of him getting powers from seven gods, he gets powers from 6 demons.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

I just finished watching ZSJL. I watched it once way back when HBOmax first premiered it way back when but haven’t watched it since. Man, it is SO much better than the “josstice league” as people have come to call it. And I actually liked the theatrical Justice League. But this is just on completely different level. I’m not hater of the marvel method and the humor typical of those films, but I really appreciate the way this film plays it straight with humor limited to appropriate circumstance-based humor.

I’m not a diehard Snyder fanboy but I do think it’s a shame we likely won’t ever see the conclusion of his planned story arc. I would’ve loved to see this justice league fight darkseid in an epic battle for the universe.

I am curious to see what will be done with The Flash film and any other DCEU films. Whatever happens to this film universe I doubt we’ll ever actually get the conclusion of this storyline as it was planned.

Ah well, as the Star Wars prequels taught me, sometimes being left wanting for more and having to imagine/speculate on what might be is better than actually getting it.

Added in 1 minute 39 seconds:
Oh, and the opening’s Superman’s dying scream echoing around the world in Dolby Atmos… holy crap!!!!!

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

IDK if anyone hear has heard, but apparently David Ayer's original cut of Suicide Squad has been getting private screenings recently! All of the details are on this reddit page, and it sounds like a much better movie.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DC_Cinematic/c ... _ayer_cut/

darthzilla99
JXSDF Technician

Post by darthzilla99 »

I'm surprised no one has talked about this on here, but Henry Cavil is confirmed to be returning for a Man of Steel sequel because of the Rock convincing the New WB management. Also the Rock wants to eventually do a Superman vs. Black Adam if possible.
GVK: TNE is a modern day 70s Showa Godzilla movie. Being a massive budget modern blockbuster CGI film instead of traditional 70s tokusatsu techniques doesn't change that.

Monsterverse is not similar to either MCU nor Bayformers just because all three are big budget CGI blockbuster franchises.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

darthzilla99 wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 12:49 pm I'm surprised no one has talked about this on here, but Henry Cavil is confirmed to be returning for a Man of Steel sequel because of the Rock convincing the New WB management. Also the Rock wants to eventually do a Superman vs. Black Adam if possible.
There's also rumors that WB is planning another Superman movie with Cavill as the star. Sounds like the DCEU is finally on the right track from what I'm hearing! Now all that's left is to find a good place to go from The Flash; including.. y'know, maybe finding a replacement for Ezra