Marvel Cinematic Universe

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.

Which are your favorites (so far)?

Iron Man (2008)
9%
The Incredible Hulk (2008)
1%
Iron Man 2 (2010)
1%
Thor (2011)
1%
Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)
4%
The Avengers (2012)
8%
Iron Man 3 (2013)
1%
Thor: The Dark World (2013)
1%
Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)
9%
Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)
9%
The Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)
2%
Ant-Man (2015)
1%
Captain America: Civil War (2016)
6%
Doctor Strange (2016)
2%
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2 (2017)
4%
Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)
3%
Thor: Ragnarok (2017)
7%
Black Panther (2018)
2%
Avengers: Infinity War (2018)
11%
Ant-Man and the Wasp (2018)
1%
Captain Marvel (2019)
1%
Avengers: Endgame (2019)
9%
Spider-Man: Far From Home (2019)
4%

Total votes: 403

_JNavs_
Keizer

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe

Post by _JNavs_ »

Would've preferred if they didn't go the kid friendly way for GotG, but they're still good movies. I prefer big monstrous scary Groot, and 90s action hero Starlord
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Now that the true Mandarin has been officially confirmed for the MCU courtesy of Kevin Feige, how do you think that they will introduce the character and him? He is likely bound to debut in the upcoming Shang Chi movie, but that raises another question : How will they execute the character to make him not overly stereotypical?

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

LegendZilla wrote:Now that the true Mandarin has been officially confirmed for the MCU courtesy of Kevin Feige, how do you think that they will introduce the character and him? He is likely bound to debut in the upcoming Shang Chi movie, but that raises another question : How will they execute the character to make him not overly stereotypical?
Spoiler:
Given Iron Man's dead, there's really no reason for The Mandarin. That's like Fox waiting until they've killed off Professor X to introduce Magneto in X-Men. If he's not facing off against his nemesis, why bring him in?

RIP Evan.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:Now that the true Mandarin has been officially confirmed for the MCU courtesy of Kevin Feige, how do you think that they will introduce the character and him? He is likely bound to debut in the upcoming Shang Chi movie, but that raises another question : How will they execute the character to make him not overly stereotypical?
Spoiler:
Given Iron Man's dead, there's really no reason for The Mandarin. That's like Fox waiting until they've killed off Professor X to introduce Magneto in X-Men. If he's not facing off against his nemesis, why bring him in?
Unless Harley Keener can take the mantle of Iron man.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

LegendZilla wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
Spoiler:
That'd be cool, and it lines up in the timeline, but I'm sure they'll just give the mantle to his daughter like they're likely going to do with Hawkeye and Ant Man.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

_JNavs_ wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
Spoiler:
That'd be cool, and it lines up in the timeline, but I'm sure they'll just give the mantle to his daughter like they're likely going to do with Hawkeye and Ant Man.
She won’t even be an adult for another 15 years.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

LegendZilla wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:
She won’t even be an adult for another 15 years.
I could see them try some teen Iron Heart drama stuff.

Not succeeding of course but still.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

So with Endgame over and that awesome Captain America scene, I got in thinking earlier: what other, if any, MCU characters could lift Thor's hammer?

The best possible ideas I have is MAYBE Falcon and the Ancient One. I'd also argue Luke Cage from the Netflix series as well, if only for his wholesomeness.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

So with Deadpool coming over to the MCU in some way or fashion I just realize how Disney can kill too birds with one stone. Bring in Dafne Keen as Wolverine. They can get a popular female hero and she wouldn't be forced into the role and it gives more time to distance Hugh Jackman from the next Wolverine.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Gojira2K
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira2K »

miguelnuva wrote:So with Deadpool coming over to the MCU in some way or fashion I just realize how Disney can kill too birds with one stone. Bring in Dafne Keen as Wolverine. They can get a popular female hero and she wouldn't be forced into the role and it gives more time to distance Hugh Jackman from the next Wolverine.
Honestly, this my preferred solution. I think distancing themselves from Wolverine for a while, is what they should. Dafne Keen has only X-23 once, but she definitely one of the highlights from Logan.
Twelfth Brother, Jedi Killer
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
KinoKaiser wrote:Is the Brazil market big or something?
Definitely, there's like a Brazilian moviegoers there
TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: Dun dun
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

*Giant BARAGONBREH comes out of the woods and roars*

*A bunch of Goji89s run across the screen in packs" :lol:
Go faster! *Baragonbreh in mirror is closer than he appears*
*Baragonbreh sneaks up on 3 unsuspecting New TK user raptors and just mauls them before disappearing*

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Gojira2K wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:So with Deadpool coming over to the MCU in some way or fashion I just realize how Disney can kill too birds with one stone. Bring in Dafne Keen as Wolverine. They can get a popular female hero and she wouldn't be forced into the role and it gives more time to distance Hugh Jackman from the next Wolverine.
Honestly, this my preferred solution. I think distancing themselves from Wolverine for a while, is what they should. Dafne Keen has only X-23 once, but she definitely one of the highlights from Logan.
X-23 also becomes Wolverine in the comics so I feel like it would be less Backlash if they announce her and said were doing female Wolverine in the MCU and Logan later. Also gives Disney their Lesbian female super hero that can be a lead without forcing it.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Gojira2K
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira2K »

miguelnuva wrote:
Gojira2K wrote:
X-23 also becomes Wolverine in the comics so I feel like it would be less Backlash if they announce her and said were doing female Wolverine in the MCU and Logan later. Also gives Disney their Lesbian female super hero that can be a lead without forcing it.
I didn't actually realize she was a lesbian.
Twelfth Brother, Jedi Killer
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
KinoKaiser wrote:Is the Brazil market big or something?
Definitely, there's like a Brazilian moviegoers there
TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: Dun dun
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

*Giant BARAGONBREH comes out of the woods and roars*

*A bunch of Goji89s run across the screen in packs" :lol:
Go faster! *Baragonbreh in mirror is closer than he appears*
*Baragonbreh sneaks up on 3 unsuspecting New TK user raptors and just mauls them before disappearing*

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Seems like every future MCU hero has a daughter groomed to be a hero as well. Why not throw in Dafne Keen to continue the theme?

I'm sure that'd bode well...
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

I honestly may be completely alone on this, but the more I watch Endgame’s final battle through the various, admittedly poor cam footage on YouTube, the more it starts to feel a bit meh to me. The first half with Thanos’s assault on Avengers HQ, his fight with the big three, and the return and assembling of the Avengers is fantastic, properly intense and bloody hype inducing. But, afterwards, when the big battle starts is when it begins to fall flat for me. And, before it can even think to pick itself up again, the battle is over. Now, there are some awesome singular character moments that happen, but just as a whole it all feels a bit dull to me now.

Compare that to the battle on Titan and the battle in Wakanda in Infinity War, I feel like those two scenarios are a lot better paced and feel more alive and energetic than Endgame’s final sequence. Like I said, verrry unpopular opinion I’m sure, but that’s how I feel about it. Maybe my view will change when I watch it again properly in HD and 4K, who knows.

#BotM

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

I still argue Infinty War is better than Endgame personally.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

I was also kind of underwhelmed by Endgame's final battle. It got too big, in my opinion, with way too many people involved, and a lot of major characters ended up getting little or no focus as a result. I get that it was intended to be an Avengers movie first, but why even bring the Guardians in if half of them are going to be totally sidelined in the final battle?
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

If anything besides the third act and final battle I found Endgame underwhelming having expected to go in thinking we were gonna get some grand epic scale of action and adventure throughout. At the same time I suppose it was meant to be build-up but still.
Spoiler:
I also still don't like what they did to Thor! :evil:

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Engame's final battle runs into a bit of the same problem as Return of the King's, which despite its greater scope ends up feeling less exciting and dynamic than that of The Two Towers: when things get too big, with too many moving pieces, they start to become abstract. We have a better sense of what's going on - with the specific characters, and with the state of the battle as a whole, in Infinity War.

That said, I still love the final battle of Endgame for all the little moments it manages to capture with characters I've grown to love. While Infinity War is constantly doing a ton of plot work (and using its characters very well to move that plot forward), Endgame is more reflective, more focused on those little moments.

They're both pretty rad, honestly, and I don't see any particular reason to rank one against the other, when they're simply doing different parts of the job required to tell a single story.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

I appreciate what Endgame was going for but 8 think Infinity War is far superior. Then again Guardians is my favorite MCU franchise and the Guardians are a big part of IW.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

GoWhaleTours
JXSDF Technician

Post by GoWhaleTours »

I seriously don’t understand the people who like infinity war more. I have nothing against them, I just don’t get it. Infinity war was boring to me and left me feeling very underwhelmed. Endgame was what I thought infinity war was going to be.
GO GO GOJI KUN