Marvel Cinematic Universe

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.

Which are your favorites (so far)?

Iron Man (2008)
9%
The Incredible Hulk (2008)
1%
Iron Man 2 (2010)
1%
Thor (2011)
1%
Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)
4%
The Avengers (2012)
8%
Iron Man 3 (2013)
2%
Thor: The Dark World (2013)
1%
Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)
9%
Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)
9%
The Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)
3%
Ant-Man (2015)
1%
Captain America: Civil War (2016)
6%
Doctor Strange (2016)
2%
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2 (2017)
4%
Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)
4%
Thor: Ragnarok (2017)
7%
Black Panther (2018)
3%
Avengers: Infinity War (2018)
11%
Ant-Man and the Wasp (2018)
1%
Captain Marvel (2019)
1%
Avengers: Endgame (2019)
9%
Spider-Man: Far From Home (2019)
4%

Total votes: 398

JAGzilla
Sazer

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe

Post by JAGzilla »

I couldn't care when I didn't know what to expect, but Shang-Chi actually looks really cool. Consider me hyped.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

LegendZilla wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:40 pm Since one concept this show explored was whether or not a person of African descent will be accepted as such
My guy, neither Sam nor Isaiah are from Africa. They're Americans.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

UltramanGoji wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 9:08 pm
LegendZilla wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:40 pm Since one concept this show explored was whether or not a person of African descent will be accepted as such
Everyone is originally from Africa ultimately.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

UltramanGoji wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 9:08 pm

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

I just finished Falcon and the Winter Soldier (yes, I got a D+ account after months of contemplating), pretty good, but come on, I think we saw that ending coming from a mile away:
Spoiler:
Sharon making that phone call and building her own evil empire after the US government had put her on the run for years was a given.
My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

KManX89 wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 3:37 pm I just finished Falcon and the Winter Soldier (yes, I got a D+ account after months of contemplating), pretty good, but come on, I think we saw that ending coming from a mile away:
Spoiler:
Sharon making that phone call and building her own evil empire after the US government had put her on the run for years was a given.
...we did?

Cause literally no one in any friend group, online watch through or theory had any idea that was a possibility. Hell, I had more people griping it came out of nowhere then seeing it.

Also, new slate of films seem fine. Excited for Guardians and Multiverse, tepid interest in the others (NWH is at the top just because I'm a Spidey slut)

Honestly, Disney+ has kind of ruined the MCU movies for me. I have and always will argue that superhero media works better in TV shows because the similarity between it and comics and seeing how fantastic Marvel's stuff has been makes me much more interested in seeing them putting all their money into that instead of making more movies.

RIP Evan.

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

I just discovered that Vieweranon says:
Spoiler:
Toby Maguire and Andrew Garfield Spider-Men are indeed in No Way Home :shock:
Last edited by Maverick Centigrade on Tue May 04, 2021 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Maverick Centigrade wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 6:44 pm I just discovered that Vieweranon says:
Spoiler:
Toby Maguire and Andrew Garfield Spider-Men are indeed in No Way Homd. :shock:
Hopefully as
Spoiler:
the alternate universe counterparts to Peter Parker
and not just a nod like in Wandavision.

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

LegendZilla wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 7:41 pm
Maverick Centigrade wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 6:44 pm I just discovered that Vieweranon says:
Spoiler:
Toby Maguire and Andrew Garfield Spider-Men are indeed in No Way Homd. :shock:
Hopefully as
Spoiler:
the alternate universe counterparts to Peter Parker
and not just a nod like in Wandavision.
Nah he says that a major leak floating around the internet matches up with what he's seen (at a test screening), and they're a significant part of it.
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Post by Chrispy_G »

So we are going to get 4 Marvel films in the final 6 months of 2021, and EIGHT Marvel films in 18 months from July 2021 to November of 2022.

I know people have been talking about 'superhero burnout' or even 'Marvel burnout' for years...and maybe it is just because Snyder's Justice League felt such a league ahead of what the MCU has been doing....but I just can't muster up much excitement for anything the MCU has coming. Every year it feels lower and lower on the totem pole of 'blockbuster cinema'
"I'm saying a prayer, George. A prayer for the whole world."

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

Chrispy_G wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 12:17 pm So we are going to get 4 Marvel films in the final 6 months of 2021, and EIGHT Marvel films in 18 months from July 2021 to November of 2022.

I know people have been talking about 'superhero burnout' or even 'Marvel burnout' for years...and maybe it is just because Snyder's Justice League felt such a league ahead of what the MCU has been doing....but I just can't muster up much excitement for anything the MCU has coming. Every year it feels lower and lower on the totem pole of 'blockbuster cinema'
While I didn't think the Snyder Cut was anything spectacular, I agree that it's near impossible for me to be excited for anything MCU anymore. The movies I'm anticipating the most are The Batman and the Spider-Verse sequel.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

Vakanai wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 4:10 pm
Chrispy_G wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 12:17 pm So we are going to get 4 Marvel films in the final 6 months of 2021, and EIGHT Marvel films in 18 months from July 2021 to November of 2022.

While I didn't think the Snyder Cut was anything spectacular, I agree that it's near impossible for me to be excited for anything MCU anymore. The movies I'm anticipating the most are The Batman and the Spider-Verse sequel.
Ditto. The Batman looks really good and Into The Spider-Verse is my favorite movie of all time, so i have high hopes for the sequel to say the least
Last edited by Jermobooka on Tue May 04, 2021 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Chrispy_G wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 12:17 pm and maybe it is just because Snyder's Justice League felt such a league ahead of what the MCU has been doing....b

The sheer existence of Snyder's JL makes me more excited for more MCU material. Curious to see how the MCU handles Fin Fang Foom especially and how they handle the mantle of Black Panther.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 4:25 pm The sheer existence of Snyder's JL makes me more excited for more MCU material.
Likewise. And even without the Snyder Cut, the MCU shows have been pretty great so far, especially FATWS. I'm eagerly anticipating whatever comes next, especially Eternals.

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

I hope eternals ends up being the great film that even Feige is hyping it to be. I still feel shaky on it, and I cannot place why.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

I don't know how to feel about the Eternals, the Guardians were a huge success but the Eternals just feel

Off to me, but that could just be my unfamiliarity with them

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Eternals has my interest for the cast alone plus the centuries of new lore it will likely establish.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Oh boy, I'm glad I jumped ship after Endgame now...
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

KK42 wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 4:20 pm
Oh boy, I'm glad I jumped ship after Endgame now...
Their planned output does seem like a little...much. It's like the plan is to add more and more every year until every movie is an MCU movie.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

The pandemic is partly responsible for so much at once, everything was fine until it needed to be pushed back and Kevin Feige refused a Premier Access deal for Black Widow. If he didn't resist, we'd have gotten BW and likely Shang-Chi last year with Eternals and No Way Home this year.