Marvel Cinematic Universe

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.

Which are your favorites (so far)?

Iron Man (2008)
9%
The Incredible Hulk (2008)
1%
Iron Man 2 (2010)
1%
Thor (2011)
1%
Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)
4%
The Avengers (2012)
8%
Iron Man 3 (2013)
1%
Thor: The Dark World (2013)
1%
Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)
9%
Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)
9%
The Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)
2%
Ant-Man (2015)
1%
Captain America: Civil War (2016)
6%
Doctor Strange (2016)
2%
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2 (2017)
4%
Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)
3%
Thor: Ragnarok (2017)
7%
Black Panther (2018)
2%
Avengers: Infinity War (2018)
11%
Ant-Man and the Wasp (2018)
1%
Captain Marvel (2019)
1%
Avengers: Endgame (2019)
9%
Spider-Man: Far From Home (2019)
4%

Total votes: 403

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Infinity Ultron is insane. I admit I laughed when
Spoiler:
he one-shot'd Thanos and stole the rest of the stones.
However, I do kind of wish we would have seen something like the TVA also get involved, since this HAS to be making a blip on their radar.
Last edited by eabaker on Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:07 am, edited 4 times in total.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:45 pm Infinity Ultron is insane. I admit I laughed when
Spoiler:
he one-shot'd Thanos and stole the rest of the stones.
However, I do kind of wish we would have seen something like the TVA also get involved, since this HAS to be making a blip on their radar.
It was pretty funny, but
Spoiler:
I still wish they had some kind of a fight instead of Thanos showing up and getting bisected without even a word of dialogue lol. The fight with The Watcher was straight up bonkers though.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

Spoilers for Venom Let There Be Carnage
Spoiler:
With Venom now officially in the MCU, I can’t help but be hyped for the inevitable meeting of him and Spidey. The thing I’m really wondering is…how will they do it?

My best guess is that, since Venom is a “Lethal Protector”, and the news broadcast they watched painted Peter as a criminal and a murderer, they’ll want to go after him and lethally protect.

Another thing I’m wondering is- what exactly would they meet up in? A Spider-Man movie? A Venom movie? Spider-Man/Venom mash-up movie? Can’t wait to find out what exactly it’ll be! :D
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Jermobooka wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:51 pm Spoilers for Venom Let There Be Carnage
Spoiler:
With Venom now officially in the MCU, I can’t help but be hyped for the inevitable meeting of him and Spidey. The thing I’m really wondering is…how will they do it?
How did they make that happen in the film?

ElijahSky
Monarch Researcher

Post by ElijahSky »

LegendZilla wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 1:00 am
Jermobooka wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:51 pm Spoilers for Venom Let There Be Carnage
Spoiler:
How did they make that happen in the film?
Short answer?
Spoiler:
Multiverse crossover.
Last edited by ElijahSky on Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Marvel is being so tight lipped about what the after credits sequences in The Eternals will entail they have been removed from all pre release screenings including the Hollywood premiere.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Here we go again. Apparently there's been a recent slew of negative Eternals reviews on RT from people who claim to have not even seen the film. Slamming the film for "forced diversity" and its depiction of human "creation". Why do people feel the need to do this? If you don't wanna watch the film that's perfectly fine but this is just stupid.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!

NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Post by NSZ »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:16 am Here we go again. Apparently there's been a recent slew of negative Eternals reviews on RT from people who claim to have not even seen the film. Slamming the film for "forced diversity" and its depiction of human "creation". Why do people feel the need to do this? If you don't wanna watch the film that's perfectly fine but this is just stupid.
Acoording to whomst? Because it's literally only professional critics on RT right now, not audiences (even Top Critics is sitting at an ugly 54%/5.6 average).
"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."

"No one takes the Tank Police seriously anymore!"

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:16 am Slamming the film for "forced diversity" and its depiction of human "creation".
So is it the Christians or the Atheists slamming the film for that last part?

Either way, they realize it's a fantasy movie, right?
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I’m seeing most of the negativity boiling down to critics just saying that Eternals is boring and dull. That could be the case, a lot of the advertising has made it look ponderous.

Honestly, I know exactly why, but I do think it’s crazy how many marvel movies and properties we’ve gotten recently and I think it’s definitely over congested than it’s ever been. Literally 4 films in four months. Geez.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Imo it seems incredibly boring, dull and generic. Like something that would play on a TV in the background of a video game. It just reminds me of "Superheros The Movie: The Movie"

And it's a shame because Kirby had some intense psychedelic art going on in his Eternal books.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

_JNavs_ wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:54 pm Imo it seems incredibly boring, dull and generic. Like something that would play on a TV in the background of a video game. It just reminds me of "Superheros The Movie: The Movie"
This is exactly how I've felt about practically every other "tentpole movie" that's come out in years.

You could pay me to enjoy them, but only because I like having money. :mrgreen: It would just be honest-to-god hard fucking work.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

DynomikeGojira
G-Grasper

Post by DynomikeGojira »

Ok saw Eternals before Dune today and I can say while I did like the Eternals it definitely didn't live up to it's full potential. Overall Dune blew it out of the water for me.

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:46 am I’m seeing most of the negativity boiling down to critics just saying that Eternals is boring and dull. That could be the case, a lot of the advertising has made it look ponderous.

Honestly, I know exactly why, but I do think it’s crazy how many marvel movies and properties we’ve gotten recently and I think it’s definitely over congested than it’s ever been. Literally 4 films in four months. Geez.
That is a current issue I think, there is a LOT of MCU content coming out in four months. I love Marvel, but I do not blame people for being overwhelmed by all the content. Most of it has been good, granted (or average) but it is still overload. When it's not a movie, it's a show, and only in October was there a small break as What If? wrapped up and Eternals came out. Wonder if this inundation will eventually backfire and actually bring about the dreaded "superhero fatigue." Again, I just don't know.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Far From Home trailer 2. Interesting way of going about it.

Last edited by Tyrant_Lizard_King on Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

I haven’t been this hyped for a movie ever. Not even for stuff like Endgame and GvK.

Definitely getting my tickets as soon as possible on the 29th. :D
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Can't wait for a certain someone to put dirt in the villain's eyes.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

Post by Spirit Ghidorah 2010 »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:55 am Can't wait for a certain someone to put dirt in the villain's eyes.
You know how much they sacrificed?!
He/him/his

#Pro-Choice #ACAB #TransRights #BlackLivesMatter #vaccinate #EatTheRich #TheSatanicTemple

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

So I grabbed tix for me and my gf, for the 16th at 3pm. I was wondering if anyones ever seen a seat set up like this? They're all loveseats, so I don't know if there will be 6 feet between every 2 seats or what. I would've went with a larger auditorium, but I'd rather the reclining loveseats I think.

____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:55 am Can't wait for a certain someone to put dirt in the villain's eyes.
Sand in Sandman's eyes.!.!