Marvel Cinematic Universe

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.

Which are your favorites (so far)?

Iron Man (2008)
9%
The Incredible Hulk (2008)
1%
Iron Man 2 (2010)
1%
Thor (2011)
1%
Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)
4%
The Avengers (2012)
8%
Iron Man 3 (2013)
2%
Thor: The Dark World (2013)
1%
Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)
9%
Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)
9%
The Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)
3%
Ant-Man (2015)
1%
Captain America: Civil War (2016)
6%
Doctor Strange (2016)
2%
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2 (2017)
4%
Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)
4%
Thor: Ragnarok (2017)
7%
Black Panther (2018)
3%
Avengers: Infinity War (2018)
11%
Ant-Man and the Wasp (2018)
1%
Captain Marvel (2019)
1%
Avengers: Endgame (2019)
9%
Spider-Man: Far From Home (2019)
4%

Total votes: 398

Moth
G-Grasper

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe

Post by Moth »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 5:18 pm Am I the only one who thinks it looks dull? I'm sure the movie will have that typical MCU feel and look to it, but the trailer really doesn't do anything for me. It just looks like another run of the mill fantasy film set in modern day. Regardless, I'll be checking it out. Really hope I'm wrong. I remember predicting that GoTG could be Marvel's first big flop and I'm so glad I was wrong.
No, you're justified in thinking this looks dull, because it is really dull. Marvel is too big to fail though, so this will not bomb.
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

MCU has yet to do a film to disappoint me to the levels the MonsterVerse has. Make of that what you will.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 4:06 pm MCU has yet to do a film to disappoint me to the levels the MonsterVerse has. Make of that what you will.
Okay: I'm making it as a random, pointless post that seems to provide nothing to any discussion at hand and will likely serve as flamebait for other people.

So let's...not do that, okay?

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

The Eternals.... holy wokeness Batman lol. It looks so meh, and trying for the jokes fall flat and Hell the memes alone for this film will bury it alone. But the biggest problem is the "we never intervened" yet helped civilizations get started and not getting involved with Thanos.
And yes it looks dull to me as well.

I mean I'll still see it eventually.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

I know this news regards the comics and not the films and it's a month old, but I just thought I'd bring this up.

https://www.piratesandprincesses.net/na ... -backlash/

What is your opinion on the matter? Do you think the idea itself is innately flawed and shouldn't have been done, or do you think it's all a matter of execution? I think it's an interesting concept, however as always, it depends on the writing.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

LegendZilla wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:54 pm I know this news regards the comics and not the films
Then you know it doesn’t belong here.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Weird having him play a second character in the MCU. No one’s gonna notice he looks like Quicksilver?

Also, I’m really not excited for Eternals. Should have jumped out with Endgame but I now feel obligated to watch the rest.
For Emperor and Empire!

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

UltramanGoji wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:42 pm
LegendZilla wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:54 pm I know this news regards the comics and not the films
Then you know it doesn’t belong here.
I don’t know where else I’d put it.

Rurouni Senator
Yojimbo

Post by Rurouni Senator »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 1:04 am Should have went to the guy who played Kano in the new Mortal Kombat movie. Hearing Kraven talk with an Australian accent would be awesome and you can't say he doesn't already have a sort of Kraven-ish look to him... And I just wanna see him in more big movies with a substantial role. He stole ever scene he was in.
Kraven is Australian in Ultimate comics so his casting wouldn't change that, but since that movie is a Sony production I doubt Sergei will suddenly become Australian in the mainline comics. Maybe they will give him another illegitimate child and make him Australian this time if that happened.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

I know I've brought this up before, but when do you think will be the right time to completely reboot the MCU from scratch? I think within about 10 years or so.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

LegendZilla wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:27 pm I know I've brought this up before, but when do you think will be the right time to completely reboot the MCU from scratch? I think within about 10 years or so.
It won't happen, not while they have a steady thing going.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

_JNavs_ wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:51 pm
LegendZilla wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:27 pm I know I've brought this up before, but when do you think will be the right time to completely reboot the MCU from scratch? I think within about 10 years or so.
Not within the near future, but do you think it could at least happen in our lifetime?

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Wait, are you saying ten years from now, the current incarnation of it should end in ten years, and then be immediately rebooted? That it should end now, and then be rebooted ten years from now? That it should end sometime in the interim, say five years from now, and then be rebooted after five further years?

I'm not sure why it needs to be rebooted at all, at least within our lifetimes. Let it come to its end naturally, and then... we'll have it. It will exist. We won't really need another one, will we?
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

LegendZilla wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:10 pm
Not within the near future, but do you think it could at least happen in our lifetime?
In what timeline does the most lucratively successful franchise in FUCKING HISTORY end up needing to start over from scratch?

RIP Evan.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

I think Marvel is setting itself up to not have to ever worry about reboots. When they successfully get the public to accept the Multiverse shenanigans, they can legit do whatever they want. Want a new Iron Man but RDJ is either too old, unwilling or just not able to do it anymore? Make a new Iron Man, make sure its properly advertised to not be part of the main MCU and then have something happen that drafts him into the main MCU timeline. Perhaps Tony accidently makes a window to the MCU and pops up in it to the surprise of everyone. The dude legit solved time travel before going to bed, imagine what alternate versions can do.

TVA introduced in Loki? Legit makes death obsolete because of the variants. Oh? Did Old Man Chris Evans die? Damn. Oh well, thankfully there's another variant of Captain America circa 2013 that didn't follow the timeline properly and grabbed a Dr. Pepper to drink instead of a Pepsi.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:06 pm

In what timeline does the most lucratively successful franchise in skreeonking HISTORY end up needing to start over from scratch?
How would it be any different from let's say Batman getting rebooted for the umpteenth time?

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

LegendZilla wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:56 pm How would it be any different from let's say Batman getting rebooted for the umpteenth time?
Because one of them obviously doesn't NEED to be rebooted

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

LegendZilla wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:56 pm
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:06 pm

In what timeline does the most lucratively successful franchise in skreeonking HISTORY end up needing to start over from scratch?
How would it be any different from let's say Batman getting rebooted for the umpteenth time?
......so, I ask why they would reboot the MCU unless they suddenly lose money from it/it fails......

And your rebuttal is to name a character who has been rebooted 8 times for the previous series failing and once to cash in?

RIP Evan.

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

Gigantis wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:58 pm
LegendZilla wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:56 pm How would it be any different from let's say Batman getting rebooted for the umpteenth time?
Not to mention the only reason Batman is getting rebooted again is because Ben Affleck quit. The Batman was originally supposed to be the start of a Batfleck prequel trilogy, let's not forget.
Last edited by KManX89 on Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

KManX89 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:23 pm
Gigantis wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:58 pm
Not to mention the only reason Batman is getting rebooted again is because Ben Affleck quit. The Batman was originally supposed to be the start of a Batfleck prequel trilogy, let's not forget.
Yeah, but it's not like we're getting RDJ as Tony Stark or Chris Evans as Cap again. Recasting them is inevitable.