Marvel Cinematic Universe

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.

Which are your favorites (so far)?

Iron Man (2008)
9%
The Incredible Hulk (2008)
1%
Iron Man 2 (2010)
1%
Thor (2011)
1%
Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)
4%
The Avengers (2012)
8%
Iron Man 3 (2013)
1%
Thor: The Dark World (2013)
1%
Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)
9%
Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)
9%
The Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)
2%
Ant-Man (2015)
1%
Captain America: Civil War (2016)
6%
Doctor Strange (2016)
2%
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2 (2017)
4%
Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)
3%
Thor: Ragnarok (2017)
7%
Black Panther (2018)
2%
Avengers: Infinity War (2018)
11%
Ant-Man and the Wasp (2018)
1%
Captain Marvel (2019)
1%
Avengers: Endgame (2019)
9%
Spider-Man: Far From Home (2019)
4%

Total votes: 403

Gojira2K
EDF Instructor

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe

Post by Gojira2K »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Its the 18th. SDCC is today. What glorious news and announcements of MCU Phase 4 will be revealed?

If rumors are to be true Doctor Strange 2 should be next year. If so one of my most anticipated alongside Godzilla vs. Kong, Fast and Furious 9 and Bloodshot (Which better be rated R. We need more R rated superhero films).
I'm just hoping that they announce something that hasn't been rumored, or unofficially announced.
Twelfth Brother, Jedi Killer
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
KinoKaiser wrote:Is the Brazil market big or something?
Definitely, there's like a Brazilian moviegoers there
TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: Dun dun
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

*Giant BARAGONBREH comes out of the woods and roars*

*A bunch of Goji89s run across the screen in packs" :lol:
Go faster! *Baragonbreh in mirror is closer than he appears*
*Baragonbreh sneaks up on 3 unsuspecting New TK user raptors and just mauls them before disappearing*

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Its the 18th. SDCC is today. What glorious news and announcements of MCU Phase 4 will be revealed?

If rumors are to be true Doctor Strange 2 should be next year. If so one of my most anticipated alongside Godzilla vs. Kong, Fast and Furious 9 and Bloodshot (Which better be rated R. We need more R rated superhero films).
Don't get your hopes up: Sony is apparently aiming for a PG-13.

A character named Bloodshot without a single drop of blood, makes perfect sense. Of course, this could also be a case of Sony just aiming for a PG-13 release in China and an R-rated cut elsewhere (same shenanigans that got Deadpool 2 a PG-13 cut since China wouldn't show it there), but then again, this IS Sony we're talking about. I wouldn't put it past 'em to water it down full stop just like they did Ghost Rider, another edgy character.

Even though Deadpool 1 and 2 and Logan proved R-rated comic book movies CAN do good business at the box office.
Last edited by KManX89 on Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

KManX89 wrote: A character named Bloodshot without a single drop of blood, makes perfect sense.
You can have blood in a PG-13 movie.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

KManX89 wrote:Don't get your hopes up: Sony is apparently aiming for a PG-13.

A character named Bloodshot without a single drop of blood, makes perfect sense. Of course, this could also be a case of Sony just aiming for a PG-13 release in China and an R-rated cut elsewhere (same shenanigans that got Deadpool 2 a PG-13 cut since China wouldn't show it there), but then again, this IS Sony we're talking about. I wouldn't put it past 'em to water it down full stop just like they did Ghost Rider, another edgy character.

Even though Deadpool 1 and 2 and Logan proved R-rated comic book movies CAN do good business at the box office.
Hurrah for trying to draw in bigger audiences! Joy!!!!

Also can't wait for Warner Bros. to announce and change Joker to PG-13.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

who's Bloodshot.

This isn't a joke, I've never heard of this guy even once in my life.

And y'all think the ratings are the problem with Sony's cinematic universes :roll:

RIP Evan.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:who's Bloodshot.

This isn't a joke, I've never heard of this guy even once in my life.

And y'all think the ratings are the problem with Sony's cinematic universes :roll:
Character from the Valiant Comics. Next year is suppose to be their attempt and take on their own superhero cinematic universe.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloodshot_(comics)
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Oh no! A company is trying to make money!
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

Maritonic wrote:Oh no! A company is trying to make money!
Even though Logan and Deadpool proved you can do a proper adaptation of edgier characters and still make money. Psst: they made bank because they were good!

Speaking of Deadpool, Marvel is rumored to be hosting a Deadpool 3 segment at SDCC with Ryan Reynolds appearing. I hope to God it's true!
Last edited by KManX89 on Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

KManX89 wrote:
Even though Logan and Deadpool proved you can do a proper adaptation of edgier characters and still make money.

Speaking of Deadpool, Marvel is rumored to be hosting a Deadpool 3 segment at SDCC with Ryan Reynolds appearing. I hope to God it's true!
Dude, I've watched endless debates with you about "ratings do not equal quality". I won't get into it again. I understand limitations with PG-13, however, the film can still be a "proper" adaption of an "edgier" character without being Rated R. I know these aren't the best examples, but the Hellboy films by Del Toro are infinitely better than their new "dark and gritty" rated R counter part.

Ratings do not equal quality. Quality does.

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

Maritonic wrote:
KManX89 wrote:
Even though Logan and Deadpool proved you can do a proper adaptation of edgier characters and still make money.

Dude, I've watched endless debates with you about "ratings do not equal quality". I won't get into it again. I understand limitations with PG-13, however, the film can still be a "proper" adaption of an "edgier" character without being Rated R. I know these aren't the best examples, but the Hellboy films by Del Toro are infinitely better than their new "dark and gritty" rated R counter part.

Hellboy was beyond help, though with all the production troubles and its needless gore (it's literally just there for the sake of it), so not the best example indeed. However, DareDevil got a BIG upgrade with its R-rated Director's Cut, which Fox had to cut an important subplot to avoid an R rating in the first place, so clearly it WAS affected by it. Stay Alive also had 15 minutes of important story material that had to be removed because it was "too violent" for the trimmed-down rating. Everyone who's seen both the theatrical and original unrated cuts agrees the unrated version is vastly superior. Slender Man was literally an incoherent, incomplete mess after it had to be cut to PG-13.

Maybe, just maybe, people are tired of adult films being neutered because it far too often backfires as in the case of these movies and MANY more as explained in this video (a lot of good it did RoboCop and its inherently EXTREMELY violent premise, which was pretty much absent in the PG-13 remake for obvious reasons):

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

KManX89 wrote:
Maybe, just maybe, people are tired of adult films being neutered because it far too often backfires as in the case of these movies and MANY more as explained in this video (a lot of good it did RoboCop and its inherently EXTREMELY violent premise, which was pretty much absent in the PG-13 remake for obvious reasons):
Right, yeah but like what I'm saying is Robocop didn't suck because it was PG-13. Robocop sucked because it lost the satirical point of the original.

It's still really simple, though. Films can be excellent if they're PG-13. MPAA Rating =\= Quality of Film. The quality of the film stands on it's own with writing, acting, directing, etc. Just because there is extra blood or cursing doesn't automatically mean the movie will be better if the writing still blows.
Last edited by Maritonic on Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

SoggyNoodles2016

KManX89 wrote:
Maritonic wrote:
KManX89 wrote:

Hellboy was beyond help, though with all the production troubles and its needless gore (it's literally just there for the sake of it), so not the best example indeed. However, DareDevil got a BIG upgrade with its R-rated Director's Cut, which Fox had to cut an important subplot to avoid an R rating in the first place, so clearly it WAS affected by it. Stay Alive also had 15 minutes of important story material that had to be removed because it was "too violent" for the trimmed-down rating. Everyone who's seen both the theatrical and original unrated cuts agrees the unrated version is vastly superior. Slender Man was literally an incoherent, incomplete mess after it had to be cut to PG-13.

watch?v=O-NeJRrgoTY
Can I just say first off, that using a video made by someone else as the clinch of your argument is a absolute sign you have no fucking argument at all and you're just hoping this video will solve it for you is pathetic. The fact you've used that same video 8 times is even sadder.

The main point though is the same one we've made 80 other fucking times: MOVIE QUALITY IS WHAT MATTERS, NOT HOW GORY IT IS. For example, Robocop failed because it completely ignored the satirical options of the original and made a straight faced blockbuster. Also, exactly how many ADULT projects are being released as "neutered" 2013 ones. Oh wait, none, you just like to act like comic book characters who have been able to appear in literally any type of media with any rating have to be mature because if it's not edgy, it's shit.

But I mean, you just defended a piece of shit like Slender Man so that makes sense.
Last edited by GodzillavsZilla on Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

RIP Evan.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

And examples where a movie was shot for an R rating and then cut down to get the PG-13 have little-to-no bearing on a conversations about movies being shot with the intention of a PG-13 from the get-go. Of course radically reworking a movie in post-production for marketing reasons unrelated to and without concern for story will damage the end product.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

SoggyNoodles2016

eabaker wrote:And examples where a movie was shot for an R rating and then cut down to get the PG-13 have little-to-no bearing on a conversations about movies being shot with the intention of a PG-13 from the get-go. Of course radically reworking a movie in post-production for marketing reasons unrelated to and without concern for story will damage the end product.
THANK YOU.

and describing it way better and more eloquent then I could lol.

RIP Evan.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Wait......? This still going? Thought after Endgame they were done?.......huh.......guess the utter still has a few drops.

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

eabaker wrote:And examples where a movie was shot for an R rating and then cut down to get the PG-13 have little-to-no bearing on a conversations about movies being shot with the intention of a PG-13 from the get-go. Of course radically reworking a movie in post-production for marketing reasons unrelated to and without concern for story will damage the end product.
RoboCop 2014 was made with the intention of PG-13 from the get-go, it didn't exactly pan out (shocking). A movie about a crime-ridden hellhole dystopia on the verge of collapsing is pretty much tailor-made to be R, and a hard R at that. The 2014 remake showed how limited they were in showcasing the whole gang violence aspect, which is an important part of any RoboCop movie. The closest thing we get to a heist in the whole movie is a guy wanted for murder, arson and rape who was stupid enough to attend the RoboCop unveiling for plot convenience.

Hell, it had the same 2 writers as the original RoboCop, which had to be cut and resubmitted numerous times just to barely slip by with an R rating. They couldn't even make it work PG-13. So yes, it CAN affect quality depending on the movie in question. Some movies just shouldn't be sanitized. The movies I mentioned had to have important plot points removed because they were deemed too excessive for PG-13 (hell, the DareDevil movie barely avoided an R rating even with the cut Coolio subplot and trimmed violence). Imagine a Tropic Thunder where Les Grossman weren't allowed to drop F bombs, would the Flaming Dragon cell phone scene be as funny? HELL NO!

And I guar-damn-tee you this scene wouldn't be nearly as good if they had to shaky cam/jump cut it because, PG-13:

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

goji89 wrote:Wait......? This still going? Thought after Endgame they were done?.......huh.......guess the utter still has a few drops.
Lmao. They just got the rights for X-Men and Fantastic Four. Dude, buckle up. Phases 1-3 were just the beginning.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

MM Raids Again wrote:
goji89 wrote:Wait......? This still going? Thought after Endgame they were done?.......huh.......guess the utter still has a few drops.
Lmao. They just got the rights for X-Men and Fantastic Four. Dude, buckle up. Phases 1-3 were just the beginning.
It's evolving.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

KManX89 wrote:So yes, it CAN affect quality depending on the movie in question.
Never said it COULDN'T...
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

Post by Spirit Ghidorah 2010 »

Avengers: Endgame would have dethroned Avatar if it was rated R. Change my view.
He/him/his

#Pro-Choice #ACAB #TransRights #BlackLivesMatter #vaccinate #EatTheRich #TheSatanicTemple